Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2012, 03:42 PM   #436
mickeymouseclubhouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Personally I would use the walkway to Hollywood Studios because it takes about 10 - 15 minutes and it would be a lot faster then using the Boats. Plus the Boardwalk is the closest resort to Hollywood Studios and you can save even more time walking there by going through the Luna Park Pool which leads out to the walkway.
OK, this is what we'll do then! Thanks!
Threepeat: Pop Century and Free Dining October 13-19, 2009 (We surprised our kids this trip!)
Bounced back in 2010: September 21-September 28, 2010, All Star Music/Free dining
Number 5: September 13 -September 20, 2011 at Pop Century/Beach Club
Trip Number 6: September 11-19, 2012 at BWV!

Up Next: September 8-17, 2014 split stay at BLT/BWV

Old 02-20-2012, 03:45 PM   #437
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymouseclubhouse View Post
OK, this is what we'll do then! Thanks!
You're welcome and I was happy to help.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-21-2012, 07:03 AM   #438
pumpkinfish
Clothing Expert and Magic Giver of Dis Girl Club- Zeta Chapter
Thinks she knows who the Tag Fairy is (WRONG!)
Although, very cute, Tinkerbelle is an amateur!

Well we just checked out of BWV room 4126. Even though we were booked for standard view our room overlooked community hall and quiet pool. Why did I not know how awesome the quiet pool was? Out of many stays this was our first time using it and never went to the Luna pool once! Quiet and the hot tub wasn't filled with kids. I'll post pics later this week when dh uploads them. Feel free to ask any questions!

*July '84 Disneyland and Olympics*August '92 Offsite for 1st trip to WDW*Thanksgiving '94 Offsite for 1st family trip*December '96 Offsite for Christmas/New Year's*September '01 Offsite for OUR 1st trip*September '03 Offsite for our 2nd trip*September '04 PoP for 1 night/offsite for rest of our 3rd trip*April '05 Our 1st complete onsite stay @ POFQ*October '05 POFQ*February '06 POR with the girls!*February '07 PP- Our first trip together to DL!!!*October '07 POFQ*June '08 POP*September '08 BC-CL*Jan/Feb '09 BWI-CL (w/mom)*1st trip WELCOME HOME! OKW/Poly Oct '09*BWV Nov '09*BWV April '10*Poly/BWV XMAS '10*Feb '12 BWV birthday celebration!*Oct '12 BCV/GF*
The open road. The dusty highway. Come, I'll show you the world! Land! Sea! Excitement!

Last edited by pumpkinfish; 02-21-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 10:33 AM   #439
L&GMama
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by to be tink View Post
16 days until I move in to BWV! I am a long time BCV fan but decided it would be nice to stay on the other side of the pond this time. I just read through this thread. Thanks to all for the fabulous information. I am looking for a little more information. We are staying in a 1 bedroom renting points from the DVC Rental Store (Paul Little has been wonderful!). We are also going down with 3 other families that at are staying at BWV. I understand that if you do the online check in there are specific options for room requests. We would all like to be near each other and figure we have a better chance if we all request the same thing. Does anyone know what the options are for room requests for BWV? Thanks so much!
I just wanted to see how your experience with the DVC rental store was.......after your return. Did you have any problems? We are looking at booking with him for one night prior to our RCI trade starting and I am a little nervous.

Thank you
Old 02-21-2012, 11:10 AM   #440
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeymouseclubhouse View Post
Hi,

My family will be staying at the BWV for the first time in September

My daughter has a Yes class at DHS one morning at 7:45 AM, but the regular park opening time is 9:00AM, so I was wondering how early do the boats run to DHS?

TIA!
Quote:
Personally I would use the walkway to Hollywood Studios because it takes about 10 - 15 minutes and it would be a lot faster then using the Boats. Plus the Boardwalk is the closest resort to Hollywood Studios and you can save even more time walking there by going through the Luna Park Pool which leads out to the walkway.
Just another piece of advice - make sure you know the path to HS! When we went to BC and decided to walk to HS, we could not figure out the path. We ended up walking in circles, frustrated, and then took the boat. NOW I would know better but if you aren't familiar, make sure to look at google earth or the map that someone posted on the DIS that shows the path! I will say we visited BC before I came on the DIS so I'm sure I would have known it all if I had just joined the DIS earlier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinfish View Post
Well we just checked out of BWV room 4126. Even though we were booked for standard view our room overlooked community hall and quiet pool. Why did I not know how awesome the quiet pool was? Out of many status this was our first time using it and never went to the Luna pool once! Quiet and the hot tub wasn't filled with kids. I'll post pics later this week when dh uploads them. Feel free to ask any questions!
Great to hear about the quiet pool! I LOVE quiet pools (but also main pools). It's so nice that you can get offered a big fun active pool and a nice relaxing pool

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 02-22-2012, 09:55 AM   #441
pas130
DIS Veteran

sneaking in to say hi...being very quiet, because as a chronic resort changer...and having 3 months to go I actually NEED to keep this reservation. It will be my DD 6th bday and DH birthday. It is a surprise for DH...shhhhhh. we have 2 STD CL rooms booked. coming from Pop, this is our 1st BWI stay...shhhhhhhhhhh (hi KOOK and BWIFan...and pixarmom, christine, sheila, magic, amanda, marie....etc....)
Old 02-22-2012, 10:29 AM   #442
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pas130 View Post
sneaking in to say hi...being very quiet, because as a chronic resort changer...and having 3 months to go I actually NEED to keep this reservation. It will be my DD 6th bday and DH birthday. It is a surprise for DH...shhhhhh. we have 2 STD CL rooms booked. coming from Pop, this is our 1st BWI stay...shhhhhhhhhhh (hi KOOK and BWIFan...and pixarmom, christine, sheila, magic, amanda, marie....etc....)
*whispering* Hi! I sure hope you can keep the surprise a secret from DH!
Old 02-22-2012, 11:50 AM   #443
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
*whispering* Hi! I sure hope you can keep the surprise a secret from DH!
trying very hard not to keep looking across the lake to SAB
Old 02-22-2012, 02:08 PM   #444
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I can see where SAB along is very appealing versus the scary clown BWI pool. I'm actually surprised your kids still chose BWI over BC considering SAB.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:16 PM   #445
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumpkinfish View Post
Well we just checked out of BWV room 4126. Even though we were booked for standard view our room overlooked community hall and quiet pool. Why did I not know how awesome the quiet pool was? Out of many stays this was our first time using it and never went to the Luna pool once! Quiet and the hot tub wasn't filled with kids. I'll post pics later this week when dh uploads them. Feel free to ask any questions!
I'm going to put your info. about your room view on the first page. Looking forward to your photos!

Quote:
This is soooooo this morning

Quote:
Well, you didn't try THAT hard, now did you?

AHOY-AHOY, I think someone bailed on the BWI ship, (crazy woman overboard!) and swam over to the YC
Old 02-22-2012, 02:21 PM   #446
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

AHOY-AHOY, I think someone bailed on the BWI ship, (crazy woman overboard!) and swam over to the YC
Oh lord! I'm just now looking at her ticker!

I should know better by now with her to always look at what the ticker says first!
Old 02-22-2012, 02:40 PM   #447
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
This is soooooo this morning

Well, you didn't try THAT hard, now did you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Oh lord! I'm just now looking at her ticker!

I should know better by now with her to always look at what the ticker says first!

I have 3 months to go ladies
Old 02-22-2012, 03:17 PM   #448
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Welcome aboard and wow talk about a great surprise.
Old 02-22-2012, 03:59 PM   #449
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Welcome aboard and wow talk about a great surprise.
No, no, no - she jumped ship and swam over to YC. She's on the shore of Crescent Lake now lapping up the SAB water. YC is the new(est) surprise
Old 02-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #450
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I have 3 months to go ladies

I'll be patiently waiting for the next change!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: