Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 06-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #3556
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran
 
bluejasmine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Florida
Posts: 7,772

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post

Why yes, I did...... I like to think that I'm fairly quick on my feet, but there are times (even for me ) that I have to bow out and admit defeat

Raining & windy here today....probably in Charleston, too...kids are nuts! When did y'all get out of school? Bet you go back early like us, also.

Nice pics!!! I love a good photo
Yes weather is horrible right now.. Well my DD16 got out May 31 & my step son (12) who lives in Nashville flew here on Tues will be here until July 9th he is a handful & never stops talking or moving!!! You know I'm not even sure when the High school starts again!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013
__________________
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 09:59 AM   #3557
MeganFyne
Mouseketeer
 
MeganFyne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 157

We'll be in BWV for the first time Sept 8-12! Does anyone have current pictures of the studios? I'd love to show the fella!

Thanks in advance! This thread rocks!
__________________
I can't wait to go back to the World!

I'm a doula, a comedian, and a pain in the butt.

For a good time, follow me on Twitter @GoTeamMegan
MeganFyne is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-07-2013, 10:11 AM   #3558
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!
 
Sandi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: East Lansing, Michigan USA
Posts: 5,399

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyarewegoingback View Post
Thank you everyone for this thread in getting me ready for my pre-first stay at BWV as a DVC owner. Meaning I was able to sneak in a few days last week at BWV, before our first 11 mo planned stay at BWV during Thanksgiving.

I loved Boardwalk! I have to stay it is my favorite! My kids still like BLT as their #1, but this is my way #1! Maybe Boardwalk Bakery had a little to do with it. I ate way too much at the bakery! There were quite a few white boxes in our room. Here's a few pics from last week. I haven't seen anyone mention the mickey shaped muffins, my kids loved it. My DD loved the Sugar cookies. My DH liked the Fruit tart and I loved loved the Salted Caramel Ganache (way better than the stuff in Germany IMHO).

-Virginia
Thanks for the photos Virginia. They have cannoli at the Boardwalk Bakery? I don't remember seeing those there before. Yum.

Glad you had a fun stay.
__________________
Have a Disney Day! -Sandi

Sandi is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 10:23 AM   #3559
DisneyFans222
There's a Mouse in our House :)
 
DisneyFans222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Posts: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post


Here is the link to the most current BWI activities calendar, but they don't have the June one posted yet:

http://www.themouseforless.com/tripp...BWCalendar.pdf...
Look, we just arrived at BWI yesterday .... After driving thru the effects of Tropical StormAndrea. We are at Epcot now, but when we get back to the room, I will try to post the June weekly activities schedule if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Katie
Twitter: @Katie751
Blog: inawordblog.wordpress.com

August 2014 AKL
June 2014 POP
March 2014 SSR - Spring Break and EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival
Feb 2014 - POP
Oct 2013 POP - MNSSHP and Food & Wine - Double Header!!!
Aug 2013 POR
June 2013 BWI
March 2013 Fantasy
More than 45 trips to WDW (Being a Florida resident has its perks)
Most Recent: 12/2012 BWI; 9/2012 BWI; 7/2012 SSR; 6/2012 BWI; 11/2011 YC; 7/2011 YC; 02/2011 Poly; 03/2011, etc ...

First Trip 09/1977
DisneyFans222 is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 10:59 AM   #3560
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer
 
LisaCM614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 468

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFans222 View Post
Look, we just arrived at BWI yesterday .... After driving thru the effects of Tropical StormAndrea. We are at Epcot now, but when we get back to the room, I will try to post the June weekly activities schedule if that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Glad you made it safely! We are feeling the impact of that rain this weekend.
Hope you have a nice dry and uneventful trip after that start!
__________________
Mar 2015 - Disney Dream, July 2014 - DLR, Oct 2013 - BWV, Oct 2012 - AoA, Apr 2012 - BWI, June 2010 - BC, 2008 - Poly, 2000 BWI



[url=http://www.wwydwdw.com/]
LisaCM614 is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 11:13 AM   #3561
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer
 
LisaCM614's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 468

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeganFyne View Post
We'll be in BWV for the first time Sept 8-12! Does anyone have current pictures of the studios? I'd love to show the fella!

Thanks in advance! This thread rocks!

Here is a long blog post - scroll down - it has pictures from last September of a Studio

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp...rts/boardwalk/

This thread does rock! So does the Boardwalk! You will love it!
__________________
Mar 2015 - Disney Dream, July 2014 - DLR, Oct 2013 - BWV, Oct 2012 - AoA, Apr 2012 - BWI, June 2010 - BC, 2008 - Poly, 2000 BWI



[url=http://www.wwydwdw.com/]
LisaCM614 is offline  
Old 06-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #3562
DisneyFans222
There's a Mouse in our House :)
 
DisneyFans222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Posts: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post

Glad you made it safely! We are feeling the impact of that rain this weekend.
Hope you have a nice dry and uneventful trip after that start!
Thanks so much. Luckily this morning was sunny, but some ominous looking clouds are moving in now...hoping to get in a quick swim before the skies open up. Keep dry and safe where you are

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Katie
Twitter: @Katie751
Blog: inawordblog.wordpress.com

August 2014 AKL
June 2014 POP
March 2014 SSR - Spring Break and EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival
Feb 2014 - POP
Oct 2013 POP - MNSSHP and Food & Wine - Double Header!!!
Aug 2013 POR
June 2013 BWI
March 2013 Fantasy
More than 45 trips to WDW (Being a Florida resident has its perks)
Most Recent: 12/2012 BWI; 9/2012 BWI; 7/2012 SSR; 6/2012 BWI; 11/2011 YC; 7/2011 YC; 02/2011 Poly; 03/2011, etc ...

First Trip 09/1977
DisneyFans222 is offline  
Old 06-08-2013, 07:52 AM   #3563
hstrickland
DIS Veteran
 
hstrickland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Way Down South...
Posts: 3,249

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
Yes weather is horrible right now.. Well my DD16 got out May 31 & my step son (12) who lives in Nashville flew here on Tues will be here until July 9th he is a handful & never stops talking or moving!!! You know I'm not even sure when the High school starts again!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013
We go back really early...like the first week in August Of course getting out on May 22nd does have it's advantages - like going to WDW before the crowds hit ....and the heat



Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post
Here is a long blog post - scroll down - it has pictures from last September of a Studio

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp...rts/boardwalk/

This thread does rock! So does the Boardwalk! You will love it!
Thanks for the link



We're off to Cancun tomorrow (no Disney , but still very excited) Can't wait to really start planning our 2014 WDW trip when we return from vacation. Hoping BWV sticks...I've been known to change my mind I'm a little biased towards the MK resorts. We want to expand our horizons and try something different ...an Epcot resort. Simply because of this great thread we decided on BWV!


Have a great weekend, everyone!
Heather
__________________
2014 FW & WL CL Trip Report
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground InformationThread

DH & Me DS 13 DD 8 DS 7
CR x 4 - WL x 2 - GF - ASMo - PolyCL - FW x 3- AKL CL x 2 - Dream - POR - ASMu - WL CL - POP
hstrickland is offline  
Old 06-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #3564
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,111

Quote:
Originally Posted by hstrickland View Post


We're off to Cancun tomorrow (no Disney , but still very excited) Can't wait to really start planning our 2014 WDW trip when we return from vacation. Hoping BWV sticks...I've been known to change my mind I'm a little biased towards the MK resorts. We want to expand our horizons and try something different ...an Epcot resort. Simply because of this great thread we decided on BWV!


Have a great weekend, everyone!
Heather
Safe travels tomorrow, Heather and may your Margarita glass always be full. I'll be right here awaiting your PHASE ONE planning.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 06-08-2013, 09:36 AM   #3565
tsme
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 744

Double digit dance!!
tsme is online now  
Old 06-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #3566
SafariTigger
Mouseketeer
 
SafariTigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Brick, NJ
Posts: 254

We will be there in 21 days for our first BWV stay!! Didn't put in any requests - garden/pool view studio. Hoping for a magical time!!!
__________________
(9) (7)

Disney Wonder - Honeymoon cruise July '02
Port Orleans Riverside - Honeymoon continues - July '02
Became DVC Member! - July '02
Hilton Head - August '03
Saratoga Springs - April '06 (Craig's 1st trip)
Saratoga Springs - August '08 (Kelly's 1st trip)
Vero Beach/Wilderness Lodge - March '10
Vero Beach/Boardwalk - June/July '13
Disney Dream/Vero Beach - July '14
SafariTigger is offline  
Old 06-08-2013, 08:28 PM   #3567
rebeccaariel
DIS Veteran
 
rebeccaariel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 534

Just booked an Aug 25-Sept 1 trip at BWI! It's my first stay at a deluxe AND my 21st birthday, so I'm pretty excited!

Question: Is there any way to ensure we get two queens instead of one king?
__________________

2000 - Dixie Landings, 2012 - Pop Century, 2013 - Port Orleans: Riverside and BoardWalk Inn



Turing 21 With Mickey - A Father/Daughter August '13 PTR

No Princes Allowed! - A Mother-Daughter Trip
rebeccaariel is offline  
Old 06-08-2013, 08:49 PM   #3568
DisneyFans222
There's a Mouse in our House :)
 
DisneyFans222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Palm Beach County, Florida
Posts: 209

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post
Just booked an Aug 25-Sept 1 trip at BWI! It's my first stay at a deluxe AND my 21st birthday, so I'm pretty excited!

Question: Is there any way to ensure we get two queens instead of one king?
Odds are with you for 2 queens ... It is more difficult to get a guaranteed King.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
__________________
Katie
Twitter: @Katie751
Blog: inawordblog.wordpress.com

August 2014 AKL
June 2014 POP
March 2014 SSR - Spring Break and EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival
Feb 2014 - POP
Oct 2013 POP - MNSSHP and Food & Wine - Double Header!!!
Aug 2013 POR
June 2013 BWI
March 2013 Fantasy
More than 45 trips to WDW (Being a Florida resident has its perks)
Most Recent: 12/2012 BWI; 9/2012 BWI; 7/2012 SSR; 6/2012 BWI; 11/2011 YC; 7/2011 YC; 02/2011 Poly; 03/2011, etc ...

First Trip 09/1977
DisneyFans222 is offline  
Old 06-09-2013, 07:30 AM   #3569
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,111

Working diligently to revise and update your thread for re-posting hehe...



Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme View Post
Double digit dance!!
That's exciting!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafariTigger View Post
We will be there in 21 days for our first BWV stay!! Didn't put in any requests - garden/pool view studio. Hoping for a magical time!!!
I think you will have a magical time and it's almost time to start packing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebeccaariel View Post
Just booked an Aug 25-Sept 1 trip at BWI! It's my first stay at a deluxe AND my 21st birthday, so I'm pretty excited!

Question: Is there any way to ensure we get two queens instead of one king?
What a wonderful celebration you're going to have - congratulations!

Just have your request added to your reservation by calling the WDTC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFans222 View Post
Odds are with you for 2 queens ... It is more difficult to get a guaranteed King.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Absolutely
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 06-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #3570
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,111

The resort activity calendar has been updated to JUNE.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: