Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 02:17 PM   #331
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Perfect! Thank you! I've written that all down in my big Mickey Mouse vacation planner and I'm going to add that to the first page

BTW, if you're wondering where my summer ticker is, I got fed-up with it knowing that I have to change the dates, etc... so I removed it until I change everything. The only thing not changing is BWI, but the dates will be.

Since I re-booked our spring break stay at WL, I need to substitute WL in the summer with another resort, and as you can well imagine, I'm having a hard time making a decision. One option, of course, is to just stay at BWI the whole time (13 nights), but I think that would be too much, or maybe split with a few nights at AKL/CL and the rest at BWI. I'm afraid I'll miss the MK resort area. Do I need to book CR and BWI?

What do you all think? This is for our 25th anniversary in August.
I say you can't go wrong with staying the whole time at the BWI.

However since it sounds like you want to do a split stay I would recommend a BWI/CR or BWI/WL split stay. I know you are staying at WL during spring break but I have a feeling you will want to stay there again during the summer a lot more then the CR.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:41 PM   #332
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
A BWI/CR split sounds downright heavenly!
OK, I feel like I'm getting somewhere now. At least one person likes that idea (Must be something in the NoVA water?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
I say you can't go wrong with staying the whole time at the BWI.

However since it sounds like you want to do a split stay I would recommend a BWI/CR or BWI/WL split stay. I know you are staying at WL during spring break but I have a feeling you will want to stay there again during the summer a lot more then the CR.
You know me better than I know me. I think you're probably right that certainly DH is going to love spring break at WL so much that he'll miss WL in the summer if we don't stay there. Because of their great CL, I don't think he even misses the CR. I have a feeling that despite my trying to throw other resorts into the mix, what I have booked right now - WL/CL and BWI/CL is probably how I should keep it.

UPDATE: Just got off the phone with DH and asked him about WL/CL Vs. CR/CL. He agreed that how I have it now, BWI/WL, is great, BUT he does miss the CR's Tower BLV and would be happy if I booked that instead of WL for the summer. Good thing I actually asked him!

I think I have my answer now and need to call the WDTC!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-07-2012, 06:29 PM   #333
DISNEYLOVER70
Speaks softly but carries a big stick!

I have a question on the rooms for all you experts

I really want the jacuzzi tub in the room. The cm I spoke to when I called said that the villas had them. Do ALL the villas have them, even the studio rooms? Because really that is the only reason I booked the villa instead of the inn.

Old 02-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #334
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISNEYLOVER70 View Post

I really want the jacuzzi tub in the room. The cm I spoke to when I called said that the villas had them. Do ALL the villas have them, even the studio rooms? Because really that is the only reason I booked the villa instead of the inn.
Unfortunately, I believe that only the 1-3 bedrooms have a whirlpool bath and not the BWV Studios.
Old 02-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #335
Karabee
DIS Veteran

Question - My sister and I are planning on a sisters trip in December. We're both in our late 20's but still kids at heart. Would this be a good place for the two of us? I'm thinking it would be perfect, but the last time we stayed at a hotel along the Boardwalk was at the BC and we were just kids and barely remember it! I know the YC can be a bit more "adult", if this the same way? Sorry for the long post!
Old 02-07-2012, 11:23 PM   #336
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karabee View Post
Question - My sister and I are planning on a sisters trip in December. We're both in our late 20's but still kids at heart. Would this be a good place for the two of us? I'm thinking it would be perfect, but the last time we stayed at a hotel along the Boardwalk was at the BC and we were just kids and barely remember it! I know the YC can be a bit more "adult", if this the same way? Sorry for the long post!
The Boardwalk has two night time spots for adults which is Atlantic Dance and Jellyrolls. So those two places alone make it a great place for adults to stay. Plus the ESPN Club is open every night until 1:30 AM, so you can go and get a drink at their bar until then.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:30 AM   #337
Missy Mousie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof4disneykids View Post
Hi everyone. I have been hanging around the boards for months soaking up all kinds of great tips. LOVE the boards! I decided to finally post to share my excitement of booking our first stay at BW with all those who love it. We have been to WDW several times but this will be our first stay in a deluxe! Not only that but we are really going all out and staying club level. I am so excited I hope you won't mind lots of questions over the next couple of months as I plan and prepare. Thanks for letting me voice my excitement! I knew you guys would get it.

Me too! Not CL but I thought about it, it's available at AK for about the same price but the fam doesn't want to be away from the rest of the world.... We're doing 4 nights at BW and 4 nights at the Poly or BC, I haven't 100% made up my mind yet.... or should I say that the other 1/2 and I are butting heads. lol! We've been several times, I can't wait to stay at a deluxe for the whole trip!
Royal Caribe - 1997
Downtown Disney- Grossvenor May '04
Caribbean Beach Club/Nick Hotel -Thanksgiving '06
POP Century - October '07
CBR- Thanksgiving '10
Beach Club/Boardwalk split - Thanksgiving '12
Spring break 14
Old 02-08-2012, 07:38 AM   #338
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Perfect! Thank you! I've written that all down in my big Mickey Mouse vacation planner and I'm going to add that to the first page

BTW, if you're wondering where my summer ticker is, I got fed-up with it knowing that I have to change the dates, etc... so I removed it until I change everything. The only thing not changing is BWI, but the dates will be.

Since I re-booked our spring break stay at WL, I need to substitute WL in the summer with another resort, and as you can well imagine, I'm having a hard time making a decision. One option, of course, is to just stay at BWI the whole time (13 nights), but I think that would be too much, or maybe split with a few nights at AKL/CL and the rest at BWI. I'm afraid I'll miss the MK resort area. Do I need to book CR and BWI?

What do you all think? This is for our 25th anniversary in August.
I own DVC at both BWV and BLT. I would split between either those two, or do BWV and AKL. But,that's just me....I'm the only one in my family that loves AKL!!!

Quote:

The studio villas have just a regular bathtub...it's the one bedroom and up units that have whirlpools in the tubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karabee View Post
You will love being at BW. It's a ton of fun...quick access to both DHS and Epcot. You have mulitple places to grab a bite to eat..you have ESPN Zone at one end, and Jellyrolls at the other end.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #339
disneyfanbcv
Mouseketeer

coffee machines

Going to be at the BWV in 7days! Can anyone help me with what kind of coffee machines they have now so I can pack my coffee and filters. THANKS!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:31 AM   #340
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:

Only the one and two bedrooms had them and that was my favorite part of our BWV stay. I fell in love with that tub, and one of the best parts, is you can watch the bedroom tv from there, I was in heaven.

Not sure if you've thought about it, but you might get a better deal renting points from a DVC owner, that's what I did and got a much better deal then even our 40% Military discount.
Old 02-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #341
brunette8706
DIS Veteran

Hello All!

What is the best view in your opinion for the Standard Room Concierge Level? Would you say the BIG BALCONY room which has the view of the water and garden? Or something different?

Thanks all so much!

Brunette
Old 02-08-2012, 11:57 AM   #342
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
Only the one and two bedrooms had them and that was my favorite part of our BWV stay. I fell in love with that tub, and one of the best parts, is you can watch the bedroom tv from there, I was in heaven.

Not sure if you've thought about it, but you might get a better deal renting points from a DVC owner, that's what I did and got a much better deal then even our 40% Military discount.
As do the Grand Villas. As somebody previously noted, only the studios do not have the jacuzzis.

Old 02-08-2012, 12:33 PM   #343
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by gometros View Post
As do the Grand Villas. As somebody previously noted, only the studios do not have the jacuzzis.
Yeah, I knew that, just forgot to go back and add that in there.
Old 02-08-2012, 01:05 PM   #344
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
I own DVC at both BWV and BLT. I would split between either those two, or do BWV and AKL. But,that's just me....I'm the only one in my family that loves AKL!!!
Since you own at BLT and BWV, I hope you approve of my changes: We're now booked for the first 7 nights (including our anniversary) at BWI/CL and the next 6 nights at the CR's Atrium Club. I just couldn't go without staying at a MK resort
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfanbcv View Post
Going to be at the BWV in 7days! Can anyone help me with what kind of coffee machines they have now so I can pack my coffee and filters. THANKS!
Hopefully, someone who has been very recently will help you out - HINT, HINT

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunette8706 View Post
Hello All!

What is the best view in your opinion for the Standard Room Concierge Level? Would you say the BIG BALCONY room which has the view of the water and garden? Or something different?

Thanks all so much!

Brunette
I don't think it's possible to have both a GV and a BWV. The STD CL rooms can have either a BWV OR a GV. I've requested an Epcot view for our STD CL room. It would have a view of the courtyard with Epcot and the Eiffel Tower in the distance. Here is a photo I took last summer of that view:

Old 02-08-2012, 01:09 PM   #345
to be tink
Mouseketeer

16 days until I move in to BWV! I am a long time BCV fan but decided it would be nice to stay on the other side of the pond this time. I just read through this thread. Thanks to all for the fabulous information. I am looking for a little more information. We are staying in a 1 bedroom renting points from the DVC Rental Store (Paul Little has been wonderful!). We are also going down with 3 other families that at are staying at BWV. I understand that if you do the online check in there are specific options for room requests. We would all like to be near each other and figure we have a better chance if we all request the same thing. Does anyone know what the options are for room requests for BWV? Thanks so much!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: