Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2013, 07:16 PM   #3406
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
You're welcome - yes, 6:30 AM - 11:00 PM for BB.

I wouldn't get an AP only to be able to purchase TiW. TiW now costs $100 for AP holders, so not only would you be paying for an AP you don't need, but you'd also have to have enough meals so that the 20% discounts exceed the cost of the TiW. But, it is good for up to 10 at your table. They do automatically add a 18% tip and 20% at V&A.

Also, a good way to calculate whether any DDP is best for your family is to go to AllEars or the DIS menus and calculate what food your family would actually purchase per day for about 4 days. Add it up and divide by 4 to get an average. Take that daily average and compare it to the daily DDP cost. For us (a family of 3), the DDP savings was the equivalent of getting a 'free' snack per day. Hardly worth it when the DDP comes with features we are paying for, but we don't want, such as desserts with every TS meal and with the DxDP, more in tips that we'd have to pay for all those TS meals. Also, we usually stay CL so all those snacks aren't really necessary for us, so why pay for them? Food for thought
Thanks KOOK. We would be a party of 6 and we have a TS dinner every night except the last night. We will be there for 7 nights. All of our possible TS dinner locations accept TIW so now it's just a matter of doing the math. I'm just thinking though that since we'll be there for F&W Festival (our 1st time!) that maybe the DDP would be better since we can use our snack credits there.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #3407
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellepearle View Post
I found it! Does anyone know if there are fully HA 2BR villas with a boardwalk view? Right now we are booked for a HA 2BR villa Preferred Garden/Pool View and a non-HA studio (preferably close to each other, at least on the same floor). I wanted to ask the DVC member we are renting points from if she could waitlist us for a BW view for both the 2BR and the studio but I would like to know if they have a HA 2BR with a BW view before I bother her with this. Thanks!
Just reposting - hoping someone can help. Thanks.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-17-2013, 11:36 PM   #3408
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Just reposting - hoping someone can help. Thanks.
You should ask on the DVC Resorts board.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
Old 05-18-2013, 08:21 AM   #3409
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

I may fail the lobster roll review. We've been in the parks dawn to dark. But I did get pictures of the bakery. Hard to shoot through the glass cases without picking up the reflections ;-)
Old 05-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #3410
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Cant wait to see them, I have seriously been thinking about the lobster roll! lol
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
Old 05-18-2013, 09:22 AM   #3411
Poohs Pal
DIS Veteran
Beautiful and smart so she says

Quote:
I found it! Does anyone know if there are fully HA 2BR villas with a boardwalk view? Right now we are booked for a HA 2BR villa Preferred Garden/Pool View and a non-HA studio (preferably close to each other, at least on the same floor). I wanted to ask the DVC member we are renting points from if she could waitlist us for a BW view for both the 2BR and the studio but I would like to know if they have a HA 2BR with a BW view before I bother her with this. Thanks!
Yes there is. Had one booked for DS but had to change our dates. I believe there is only one H/C BWV 2br.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:21 PM   #3412
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohs Pal View Post
Yes there is. Had one booked for DS but had to change our dates. I believe there is only one H/C BWV 2br.
That makes sense. I just checked for OP the member site for the far 11 months out date to see if it exists, and it shows that date as wait listed. If there is only one, it makes sense it would go fast. Of course that also means wait listing it will be tough to come through unless there is a cancellation and you were the first to Waitlist. And since its a lock-off, someone could book it as a 1BR and block it off as well. Here is the description of that room.

2 Bedroom Lock-Off Villa-Boardwalk View/Wheelchair Accessible with Roll-In Shower/Option for Hearing Accessibility/1 King Bed, 1 Queen Bed, 1 Queen Sleeper Sofa, 1 Double Sleeper Sofa

This room is equipped with:
Wheelchair accessible route in room
Grab bars at toilet and in shower
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 05-19-2013, 04:00 PM   #3413
Catira
DIS Veteran

Question Room request

Hi in just a couple more days we will be arriving at BWV. I have a 2 bedroom garden/pool view booked. I have already put in a request for our rooms to be close to an elevator and pool if possible.
Is there a specific room number you all have that you can recommend?
Thanks
Old 05-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #3414
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catira View Post
Hi in just a couple more days we will be arriving at BWV. I have a 2 bedroom garden/pool view booked. I have already put in a request for our rooms to be close to an elevator and pool if possible.
Thanks
It's best not to request specific room numbers, since the chances are very small that it would be available on your check in day. The requests of the type that you already made are recommended.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
Old 05-19-2013, 06:10 PM   #3415
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catira View Post
Thanks
There is only one elevator bank at BWV. So if you really want to be close to the elevator, make that your primary request. Pool/garden view will probably get you Luna Park pool or the leisure (quieter) pool.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #3416
Catira
DIS Veteran

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
There is only one elevator bank at BWV. So if you really want to be close to the elevator, make that your primary request. Pool/garden view will probably get you Luna Park pool or the leisure (quieter) pool.
Thank you..
Old 05-19-2013, 09:23 PM   #3417
Devilsangel7681
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
June 3-20, 2013: Guest parking lot will undergo rejuvenation.

Congratulations on booking and to the DIS! Are you in the villas or BWI?
We will be staying in the villas, but I'm not sure where. It's our first year to go on the timeshare so we will be surprised when we get there!
Old 05-20-2013, 12:04 AM   #3418
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
You should ask on the DVC Resorts board.
Thanks. I might do that.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:07 AM   #3419
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohs Pal View Post
Do you know if it had a roll-in shower in both the 1BR portion and the studio portion? That's what we need. Thanks!
Old 05-20-2013, 12:18 AM   #3420
bellepearle
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
That makes sense. I just checked for OP the member site for the far 11 months out date to see if it exists, and it shows that date as wait listed. If there is only one, it makes sense it would go fast. Of course that also means wait listing it will be tough to come through unless there is a cancellation and you were the first to Waitlist. And since its a lock-off, someone could book it as a 1BR and block it off as well. Here is the description of that room.

2 Bedroom Lock-Off Villa-Boardwalk View/Wheelchair Accessible with Roll-In Shower/Option for Hearing Accessibility/1 King Bed, 1 Queen Bed, 1 Queen Sleeper Sofa, 1 Double Sleeper Sofa

This room is equipped with:
Wheelchair accessible route in room
Grab bars at toilet and in shower
We will be there Oct 13-20 right in the middle of F&W Festival so I'm not holding my breath that we'll get a Boardwalk view but it can't hurt to try. I just want to make sure that they have a 2BR with a roll-in shower in both 1BR portion as well as the bathroom in the studio portion since that's what we need.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: