Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 03:57 PM   #3376
Denise W
Boardwalk DVC Member

Yes, that is correct. If you are standing on the Boardwalk itself, the DVC villas are to the right of the lobby near Jelly Rolls, over the Screen Door, etc. The Inn portion is to the left of the lobby, over the Bakery and near the ESPN club.

Denise
Old 05-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #3377
tsme
DIS Veteran

Okay, thank you.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-15-2013, 04:04 PM   #3378
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsme View Post
I know this is a stupid question, but I'm confused a little after looking at a Boardwalk map. Are the Boardwalk Villas all DVC & located all together on one side of the resort (think JellyRoll side) and Boardwalk Inn only regular rooms located on the other side, with lobby in the middle?
Yes you are correct!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 05-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #3379
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Yankee's Beach Walk would be most like BC.
Yes it is. I bought a car jar Beach Walk scent and every time I get into my car I think of the Beach Club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
The Man Candles....um yeah...the Bacon one makes me nauseous! Honestly it smells like Beggin Strips!! !
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Old 05-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #3380
lindsroc
DIS Veteran

If you are standing on the boardwalk looking at the Boardwalk resort- which side is the Inn on? Is the Inn closer to Epcot or closer to the Swan and Dolphin?

Also does anyone know how much longer the walk to Epcot is from the BW as compared to the Beach or Yacht club?

Thank you.

Oh one more thing, I had asked before but now I cant find it- whats the fastest route to walk from BW to DHS?

1st Disney trip Oct 29 2007 - Saratoga Springs ... Trip #2, April/May 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort
Trip #3, May 2010 - Offsite ... Trip #4, May 2011 -Polynesian
Trip #5, October 2013 - Boardwalk Inn
Old 05-16-2013, 11:12 AM   #3381
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

If you are staying in the villas overlooking the quiet pool is there a "secret door" which brings you out close to the bus stop/bridge area?
Old 05-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #3382
Ziggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsroc View Post
If you are standing on the boardwalk looking at the Boardwalk resort- which side is the Inn on? Is the Inn closer to Epcot or closer to the Swan and Dolphin?

Also does anyone know how much longer the walk to Epcot is from the BW as compared to the Beach or Yacht club?

Thank you.

Oh one more thing, I had asked before but now I cant find it- whats the fastest route to walk from BW to DHS?
THe Inn is closer to Epcot

Although BC is closer to Epcot the BW is closer to HS, although not as close as the BC is Epcot, we did both last year with no problems, its a nice stroll.

Are you staying in the Inn or the Villas at the Boardwalk, if you're in the Inn you can walk past the Clown pool towards the canal and there's a footpath there which takes you straight to the Studios
Old 05-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #3383
lindsroc
DIS Veteran

We are staying on the INN side. I dont mind the walk, just trying to picture where everything is... I have never been to the BW area.
Thank you for the info... how long would you say it takes (without power walking- lol) to get from the Inn side to DHS? And to Epcot?

Thank you!

1st Disney trip Oct 29 2007 - Saratoga Springs ... Trip #2, April/May 2009 - Coronado Springs Resort
Old 05-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #3384
Ziggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsroc View Post
We are staying on the INN side. I dont mind the walk, just trying to picture where everything is... I have never been to the BW area.
Thank you for the info... how long would you say it takes (without power walking- lol) to get from the Inn side to DHS? And to Epcot?

Thank you!
Believe me I don't power walk, everyone passes me on the way to places . I'd guess 5 mins or less to Epcot and 10-15 mins HS, I can't really remember as I'd be so busy looking at everything around me and chatting to DD .
Old 05-16-2013, 11:45 AM   #3385
lindsroc
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Believe me I don't power walk, everyone passes me on the way to places . I'd guess 5 mins or less to Epcot and 10-15 mins HS, I can't really remember as I'd be so busy looking at everything around me and chatting to DD .
Perfect! I love to walk places, but we are travelling with 4 kids age 10 and under and a couple of teenagers so I figure if we could keep it at a 15 min walk or less we would be ok.

Old 05-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #3386
Niewoe
Mouseketeer

Just got back from a 10 night stay at BWV. LOVED it!! Can't wait to go back to the world, so I guess I'll start planning our next trip!

New Bakery layout was nice... so much more room. However, they did steal some space from the arcade area of ESPN zone, and DS 5 was a wee bit disappointed that the basketball game was gone. That disappointment lasted about 10 seconds though as he remember he was a WDW!!!!

Lots of confusion about which door to use at the bakery... better signage wouldn't be a bad thing. And an area to get your own hot water would be nice... I'm a tea drinker and felt like a pain in the tookus every morning... but, I did bond with the CM, who was super nice.

Other than that, we spent almost all our time in the parks... seriously, I cannot wait to go back!!

DVC members since 7/12

Disney Surprise (DS at age 3) best part is at the end... if you've never seen a kid not want to go to disney world, it's worth your time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjDvh5vxhh8
Old 05-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #3387
Pete W.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you are staying in the villas overlooking the quiet pool is there a "secret door" which brings you out close to the bus stop/bridge area?
Yes, there is a door near room # 1121 which opens toward the path which takes you to the bridge/bus stop. It is where the yellow and light green sections meet on this resort map: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/boardwalk.htm.
Old 05-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #3388
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
And, that depends on whether or not you are going to the parks or walking back from the parks. I seem to walk a lot faster to the parks for some weird reason.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 05-16-2013, 04:01 PM   #3389
Ziggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
And, that depends on whether or not you are going to the parks or walking back from the parks. I seem to walk a lot faster to the parks for some weird reason.
True and I hobble back
Old 05-16-2013, 04:02 PM   #3390
Ziggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete W. View Post
Yes, there is a door near room # 1121 which opens toward the path which takes you to the bridge/bus stop. It is where the yellow and light green sections meet on this resort map: http://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/boardwalk.htm.
Brilliant, thank you, I'm going to request a room in this area but on the poolside.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: