Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 05:31 PM   #3331
nascargirl
DIS Veteran

In addition to the hot appetizers they have cold salads, PBJ for the kids, dip and vegetables, apples with caramel. You won't go hungry.
Old 05-09-2013, 08:30 PM   #3332
Princess-ish
Earning My Ears

I just noticed that on Allears.net... the Leaping Horse Libations pool bar says "closed for refurb" next to their menu. Does anyone know if this is true? I didn't find anything on their actual "refurbs and closings" page or here (though I didn't look too hard ) Just didn't know what to expect for our Sept. trip... same menu or not?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #3333
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
They have hot appetizers at the Innkeeper's Club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
As mentioned above, they have hot appetizers every evening. Last time we were there we especially enjoyed some yummy pot stickers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nascargirl View Post
In addition to the hot appetizers they have cold salads, PBJ for the kids, dip and vegetables, apples with caramel. You won't go hungry.
Thanks all!

Hey there neighbor -Nascargirl! I'm right next to you in Lower Saucon!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 05-10-2013, 07:31 AM   #3334
nascargirl
DIS Veteran

Hey TaraPa I see that. I answered your question on the other CL forum about balconies. We have been on both floors but prefer the 4th floor. If you don't mind taking the steps and walking a few extra min then go for the larger balcony. It will be hot during the day, but it should be pleasant at night and first thing in the AM. We head down in 2 wks.
Old 05-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #3335
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
CL question - it looks like there are no hot appetizers at BWI CL (like at WL & BC, the only other ones I've stayed at) -just wine & cheese between 5-6:30 - is that correct? That's fine by me, I just want to be sure before I plan dinner ADRS. With hot apps I usually make a much later dinner ADR, without them, I'll probably try for more normal dinner time hours.
Sorry for any confusion. I didn't post photos of the appetizers that are served from 5-7 so it may appear they don't exist, but be assured that they will be there when you stay for DS's birthday.
Old 05-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #3336
TaraPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Sorry for any confusion. I didn't post photos of the appetizers that are served from 5-7 so it may appear they don't exist, but be assured that they will be there when you stay for DS's birthday.
Oh no confusion on your part - I saw on ALL Ears it just said "wine & cheese" between 5-6:30 & thought maybe it literally meant JUST wine & cheese!

But the million dollar question is.....do they have oatmeal at breakfast?!?!?

(and yes WL CL did still have the oatmeal out in late March & it was heavenly...)

Ok waterparks - I've been to WDW over 20 times & have never done a water park! The boys beg to do them so its time. I HATE water parks, so what suggestions do you have for me?

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 05-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #3337
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Oh no confusion on your part - I saw on ALL Ears it just said "wine & cheese" between 5-6:30 & thought maybe it literally meant JUST wine & cheese!

But the million dollar question is.....do they have oatmeal at breakfast?!?!?

(and yes WL CL did still have the oatmeal out in late March & it was heavenly...)

Ok waterparks - I've been to WDW over 20 times & have never done a water park! The boys beg to do them so its time. I HATE water parks, so what suggestions do you have for me?
I should have preempted the oatmeal question by reporting that YES! They do have it (I have some breakfast photos on the first page). Well, at least in April they had it so I think it's year 'round and not seasonal, like WL. And they have the sliced hard boiled eggs that WL doesn't have. AllEars is great, but their CL information is, well... Hot and cold Hors D'oeuvres are served from 5-7.

Ah, the water parks. I recall schlepping those 'water craft' up many flights of stairs when DD was younger. If your DS is 13, he can carry them himself. I dislike hordes of people, so I go only during AM EMH. This works out well for the water parks as they are much less crowded, you can easily get on all the rides and it's not as hot. By lunch, we are all done and head back to the resort. I prefer driving to the water park, but have taken the bus from WL. I've never used the BWI buses (we walked or drove) so I can't comment on them.
Old 05-10-2013, 05:39 PM   #3338
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
And they have the sliced hard boiled eggs that WL doesn't have.

Ah, the water parks. I dislike hordes of people, so I go only during AM EMH. This works out well for the water parks as they are much less crowded, you can easily get on all the rides and it's not as hot. By lunch, we are all done and head back to the resort.
Agreed!!! First, one of the reasons I love CL at BWI is the hard boiled eggs. I rarely eat breakfast, but at BWI, it was hard boiled eggs, strawberries, juice and coffee every morning. These items do not taste as good at home as they do in the BWI club lounge!

As for waterparks, also agreed!!! I strongly dislike waterparks, but will occasionally take one for the team. Usually I won't take one for the team on Disney time, but I gave in pre-cruise in 2011.

Honestly, I can say that Typhoon Lagoon is my favorite waterpark of all time (if you can have a favorite among things you don't love.) The theming is so well done, and it just seems so CLEAN compared to other waterparks. I'm sure Blizzard Beach is the same in terms of cleanliness, but we opted for TL because it just seems less hectic.

The bus from BWI to TL is fine (it's the way home that's not so great, but still OK.)

KOOK is absolutely right - morning EMH, then lunch, then escape! (Even better would be lunch back in the Epcot resort area, but that doesn't leave much time.)

And the wave pool at TL is really amazing and a ton of fun. We're in southern California jumping in the waves and boogie boarding every year, so we love big waves. It's not the same, but it's the best I've seen at a waterpark.

Maybe it's the Disney goggles, but the entire experience beats your typical waterpark!

Oh, and then after lunch, I'd recommend some time at the BWI quiet pool!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 05-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #3339
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
Hi there! Just booked 2 nights CL at BWI for mid June. BC is usually my home but we have friends staying at Boardwalk and we got a great passholder discount. Heading off property to stay at the Waldorf Astoria Bonnet Creek for three nights afterward.

Excited to learn about the ins and outs of Boardwalk on this thread!
Quote:
Originally Posted by west&east View Post
What is the bedding like at BWI (specifically a standard club level room if that matters)? I read a review that says the beds just have the thin blankets. Are there fluffy duvets or comforters? Can they be requested?
Welcome, west&east!!! Hope you love BWI CL as much as we do! The lounge is wonderful and the CMs are among the best at Disney. We request a boardwalk view and enjoy the beautiful view of YC/BC! Love sitting out on the balcony listening to the soothing boardwalk music and watching the friendship boats go by.

The bedding is very similar to the bedding at BC - fluffy comforters with the runner at the end of the bed. I think BWI, BC and YC have the most comfy beds in WDW. Unless they changed something recently, you'll be happy!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 05-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #3340
west&east
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Welcome, west&east!!! Hope you love BWI CL as much as we do! The lounge is wonderful and the CMs are among the best at Disney. We request a boardwalk view and enjoy the beautiful view of YC/BC! Love sitting out on the balcony listening to the soothing boardwalk music and watching the friendship boats go by.

The bedding is very similar to the bedding at BC - fluffy comforters with the runner at the end of the bed. I think BWI, BC and YC have the most comfy beds in WDW. Unless they changed something recently, you'll be happy!
Thanks PixarMom! I think we chatted a couple of years ago when I was a club level newbie. So glad to hear that the beds at BWI are comfy! Excited to check it out.

My Path Unwinding Blog: Traveling Through Life Disney Style

Twitter: @kksnc

AKL CL January 2009; WL CL December 2009; Beach Club CL Lagoon View December 2010;
Disney Cruise Line Magic Mediterranean Cruise August 2011; Beach Club CL Deluxe December 2011; Beach Club Food and Wine Birthday trip October 2012; Beach Club CL January 2013; Disney Fantasy Easter Cruise 2013 Concierge Cat V; Boardwalk Inn Club Level/ Waldorf Astoria June 2013; F& W October 2013; Beach Club CL New Years Eve! Fantasy April 12, 2014

Next Up: Adventures by Disney: Central Europe! July 2014!!! Disney Fantasy (Eastern) April 4, 2015
Old 05-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #3341
TaraPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post

Thanks for the tips. I agree we should hit a water park at opening, stay for 2-3 hours then get the heck out! I want a shaded spot to sit in while they go do all the slides & such, and I read you must be there at opening to get one. Can you just leave your belongings at your chairs while you go do things (I MIGHT try the lazy river) - or will it be moved/disturbed til you get back?

Old 05-12-2013, 08:22 AM   #3342
WDWKOOK

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
Old 05-12-2013, 09:04 AM   #3343
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Happy Mother's Day everyone!!!

Enjoy the day.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Old 05-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #3344
Devilsangel7681
Mouseketeer

Love this thread! Thanks for posting all these great pictures!!! I am staying here in October and cannot wait!
Old 05-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #3345
WDWKOOK

June 3-20, 2013: Guest parking lot will undergo rejuvenation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilsangel7681 View Post
Love this thread! Thanks for posting all these great pictures!!! I am staying here in October and cannot wait!
Congratulations on booking and to the DIS! Are you in the villas or BWI?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: