Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #3271
arianrose
Earning My Ears

Sorry if this is in the wrong area...

I'm considering renting points for a stay at BWV. If I do that and buy tickets elsewhere, do I bring the tickets to the concierge to have them added to my KTTW card.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:20 PM   #3272
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
You are so right about looking into a DVC resale. If I could only convince DH! I'm assuming DVC resales are only sold thru Disney, is that correct?

Glad to hear BWI Deluxe CL are nicer than BC, we stayed in a Deluxe CL room there last year, and loved it - so this could be even better! It was a LONG hike to the CL lounge at BC so that was a downer. I think at BWI I'd request 3rd floor for the larger balcony - I spend a lot of time out there. Are there stairs anywhere near the CL lounge on the 4th floor - or do you need to go back to the balcony to go up a level?

Thanks for the info!
There are stairs right by the entrance to the lounge, so that is a quick shortcut. No need to go back to the lobby. Or climb balconies, but I think you had a typo.

For the DVC resale, as AirGoofy said, there are brokers you go through, the big two are Timeshare store (better service and lower fees) and Fidelity (more contracts for sale since Disney recommends them to people who ask where they should sell). With either you can expect to pay 1/2 what you would buying from Disney, but unlike a new contract, you can't use the points for cruises or adventures by Disney or any of their other offerings -- just the DVC stays. To us, worth the half off. There is a BUNCH more info in the DVC boards and stickies, but of course always happy to answer questions.

Of course DVC is not for everyone, but if you've already rented points, you know what to expect.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #3273
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by arianrose View Post
Sorry if this is in the wrong area...

I'm considering renting points for a stay at BWV. If I do that and buy tickets elsewhere, do I bring the tickets to the concierge to have them added to my KTTW card.
Yup.
Old 05-04-2013, 08:01 AM   #3274
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
I am now totally spoiled by having a BW view 1BR villa on my last trip. I can't find any availability thru cash or points for my August dates for one
just an fyi: you won't find a BW Villa BW view available for cash (not even DVC member discounted cash). they are only available for point bookings.

according to allears:
"On the 3rd floor of the Boardwalk Inn there is a laundry room accessible only to Inn guests via their room keys. There are three washing machines, one commercial sized washing machine, and six clothes dryers. Each of these machines costs $2 a load to run. Additionally there is a television, a large table on which to fold your laundry, two chairs, three rolling laundry baskets, a telephone and a vending machine selling laundry supplies (Tide, Cheer, Bounce (2 sheets), Clorox 2) at a cost of $1 per box."
hth
Old 05-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #3275
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGoofy View Post
There are several resale vendors, other than Disney. I used the TimeShare store, sponsor here on the DISboards to get my BWV DVC Resale contract. They were great to work with. You can buy thru Disney at a higher price, but then there are no restrictions.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Good to know - thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
There are stairs right by the entrance to the lounge, so that is a quick shortcut. No need to go back to the lobby. Or climb balconies, but I think you had a typo.

For the DVC resale, as AirGoofy said, there are brokers you go through, the big two are Timeshare store (better service and lower fees) and Fidelity (more contracts for sale since Disney recommends them to people who ask where they should sell). With either you can expect to pay 1/2 what you would buying from Disney, but unlike a new contract, you can't use the points for cruises or adventures by Disney or any of their other offerings -- just the DVC stays. To us, worth the half off. There is a BUNCH more info in the DVC boards and stickies, but of course always happy to answer questions.

Of course DVC is not for everyone, but if you've already rented points, you know what to expect.
OMG!!! Yes that was a typo!!!! But I do have crazy teens so you never know....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSchrow View Post
just an fyi: you won't find a BW Villa BW view available for cash (not even DVC member discounted cash). they are only available for point bookings.

according to allears:
"On the 3rd floor of the Boardwalk Inn there is a laundry room accessible only to Inn guests via their room keys. There are three washing machines, one commercial sized washing machine, and six clothes dryers. Each of these machines costs $2 a load to run. Additionally there is a television, a large table on which to fold your laundry, two chairs, three rolling laundry baskets, a telephone and a vending machine selling laundry supplies (Tide, Cheer, Bounce (2 sheets), Clorox 2) at a cost of $1 per box."
hth
Thanks - I remember that from before, that there are no cash BW view villas but for some reason I forgot! There aren't any available thru DVC for my dates, only pool/garden, but the person I rented thru before was willing to waitlist for me. So I might have to email her again & beg, if she has more points!

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
Old 05-04-2013, 10:34 AM   #3276
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I added this information to the first page:

BUSES FOR EARLY ADRs (Advance Dining Reservations)

Buses for the Magic Kingdom and Magic Kingdom Resort Area will start running at 6:30am DAILY.

Buses for Animal Kingdom/Animal Kingdom Lodge will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

Buses for the Disney's Hollywood Studios (covering the Epcot Resort Area) will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

Buses for Epcot (Princess Breakfast at Norway) will start running at 7:00-7:15am DAILY.

This information is valid EVERY DAY, and for ALL DISNEY RESORTS serviced by Bus transportation.

These buses are for Breakfasts only, and should not be used for general park access. Always let the driver know where you are going upon boarding the bus. Most times, the driver will be able to take you directly (ie: Contemporary, for Chef Mickey's) but sometimes this is not possible. As such, you should always allow time for a connection when going Resort to Resort. Actual arrival times will vary by location.
~AllEars

Couldn't u still board these ADR buses to arrive at the parks for EMH tho?
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 05-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #3277
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
Wondering if the new bakery sandwiches are made to order (can remove ingredients) or come pre-made.
I think they are made to order... I got the pork sandwich, and they also asked me if I wanted it cold or warmed up.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:00 PM   #3278
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

I just tried to price out BWI, but they said that it no longer fits 5, I thought it was built like BC/YC/CR/Poly/GF where the couch was also a daybed? It says now that the fifth bed is a trundle like that in POR...so my 6'3 son would no longer fit...have they ever had the sofa turn into a bed or am I completely mistaken?

Old 05-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #3279
marsh0013
i want to drive the zamboni

Double post
~BWV October 2013~BCV April 2013~ASSp, BCV, BWV Oct/Nov 2012~AKV & BWV May 2012~ASSp & BWV October 2011~Pop Century June 2011~BWV & POFQ February 2011~SSR November 2010~Yacht Club CL & BWV May 2010~BWI Club Level October 2009~Swan June 2009~Pop Century March 2009~Pop Century November 2008~Pop Century August 2008~Pop Century Apr/May 2008~Celebration November 2007~Celebration September 2007~POLYNESIAN August 2007~Celebration November 20, 2006~10 or so trips growing up offsite (grandparent's house)~
i love the 50's prime time cafe!

June 2009 BDay Solo Dining Report Mar 2009 Solo Dining Report
Nov 2008 Solo Dining Report Nov 2008 Solo Trip to Pop
Family Trip Dining Report, August 2008 Family Trip to Pop Report, Aug 13-20
Solo Deluxe Dining, Apr/May 2008 Solo Pop Apr 30-May 7 Trip Report
Old 05-04-2013, 07:37 PM   #3280
marsh0013
i want to drive the zamboni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

You will have to pay the fee to trade into DVC when you arrive. But you will be treated like every other DVC member. I guess you have a one week stay (seven nights), so on day four with day one as check in, you will get your towels replaced and trash removed, plus incidentals replaced (shampoo, shower gel, etc). You'll have the preferred view villas (either Luna Park pool or the leisure pool), but not Boardwalk view. Luna Park can get noisy, so you might want to request the non-themed pool view. You can use the Community Hall while you are there to rent movies or borrow games. Plus activities during the week.
Just wanted to mention that it is possible to get a boardwalk view when trading in via RCI. While I now own at BWV, last May I used my mom's RCI to trade in to a 1-bedroom there. When I called to add names to the reservation I asked what the view would be, figuring it had to be pool/garden. However, I was told we had boardwalk view. I couldn't believe it. And I didn't fully believe it until we actually checked in. The long walk to 5001 was absolutely worth the view. I only have 100 points so will be booking standard view most of the time, but man, that view spoiled us!
~BWV October 2013~BCV April 2013~ASSp, BCV, BWV Oct/Nov 2012~AKV & BWV May 2012~ASSp & BWV October 2011~Pop Century June 2011~BWV & POFQ February 2011~SSR November 2010~Yacht Club CL & BWV May 2010~BWI Club Level October 2009~Swan June 2009~Pop Century March 2009~Pop Century November 2008~Pop Century August 2008~Pop Century Apr/May 2008~Celebration November 2007~Celebration September 2007~POLYNESIAN August 2007~Celebration November 20, 2006~10 or so trips growing up offsite (grandparent's house)~
i love the 50's prime time cafe!

June 2009 BDay Solo Dining Report Mar 2009 Solo Dining Report
Nov 2008 Solo Dining Report Nov 2008 Solo Trip to Pop
Family Trip Dining Report, August 2008 Family Trip to Pop Report, Aug 13-20
Solo Deluxe Dining, Apr/May 2008 Solo Pop Apr 30-May 7 Trip Report
Old 05-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #3281
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post
I just tried to price out BWI, but they said that it no longer fits 5, I thought it was built like BC/YC/CR/Poly/GF where the couch was also a daybed? It says now that the fifth bed is a trundle like that in POR...so my 6'3 son would no longer fit...have they ever had the sofa turn into a bed or am I completely mistaken?
There was a daybed in the standard BWI room DH and I were in in March. I played with pulling It out so I could see how it worked. The room had sleeping space for five -- 2 queen beds and the sofa/daybed.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #3282
lmhall2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
There was a daybed in the standard BWI room DH and I were in in March. I played with pulling It out so I could see how it worked. The room had sleeping space for five -- 2 queen beds and the sofa/daybed.
I am so confused now, the website says the BWI rooms only accommodate 4, then the rep tonight said it put a warning on her page saying that the BWI only have trundle bed that pops up from under the bed? That it would only accommodate someone under 9? BWI was a bit cheaper than Beach Club but I worried the extra bed would be too short for my tall teenager?

Old 05-04-2013, 09:32 PM   #3283
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmhall2000 View Post

I am so confused now, the website says the BWI rooms only accommodate 4, then the rep tonight said it put a warning on her page saying that the BWI only have trundle bed that pops up from under the bed? That it would only accommodate someone under 9? BWI was a bit cheaper than Beach Club but I worried the extra bed would be too short for my tall teenager?
That is old information about POFQ. No other resort had a trundle like that (and thy don't any longer). Sounds like some info that was on the BWI page by mistake.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
Old 05-05-2013, 12:14 AM   #3284
lmhall2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c View Post
That is old information about POFQ. No other resort had a trundle like that (and thy don't any longer). Sounds like some info that was on the BWI page by mistake.
I thought it was odd the new Disney pages only show 4 to a room at BWI, she said they put in all new couches that there were no day beds only a trundle now...the POFQ does not fit five but the POR does and has a shortened 'bed' that only fits 53"....that's why I was wondering if they were refitting BWIs..if you look in the pictures they are not daybeds like at BC/YC and others but a 3 sectioned sofa now?

Old 05-05-2013, 07:43 AM   #3285
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post

Couldn't u still board these ADR buses to arrive at the parks for EMH tho?
If the bus driver is the one checking your name against the ADR list then no, you couldn't. I've never used an early ADR bus, but my assumption is that like at the IG, your name is checked against the ADR list when you enter the park and not by the bus driver. The early ADR buses must arrive prior to the AM EMH buses so you wouldn't board one for AM EMH
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: