Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 10:25 PM   #3256
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

They become little kids at WDW and hate sharing, don't they? You should have gotten a special opening day pin for being the first in

!
Husbands are very territorial when it comes to food, aren't they!
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 05-03-2013, 12:04 AM   #3257
Reidhome
Earning My Ears

We are so thrilled to be staying at BWV at the end of the summer (8/31-9/7)!! We have fallen in love with WDW, and stay at Moderates (CSR and POFQ). We lucked OUT being able to trade our Hawaii RCI points for this trip at BWV -1br. Woo HOO!! Question - I'm assuming (HOPING) not, but are RCI traders into BWV treated like second class citizens, or will we not even notice a difference from the check in cast members? We have LOVED just soaking up the magic from booking the trip through DW to the last moments on the ME back to the airport... Just not sure of the differences between DVC / Villas and a regular Moderate stay thru Disney. I know there is not daily mouse keeping (not a problem - head over heels that we will have a kitchen and in-unit laundry!), but will we still get a Key to the World card (room key, pass tickets, charging privileges)? We just can't wait for this trip - SO EXCITED!! But not sure if there is a difference with us getting the room via RCI or through Disney, directly. Thanks for any input / experiences! :-)
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-03-2013, 04:22 AM   #3258
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post

That's a nice change, will make things a lot easier. Now if they did the same thing for dinners.
It's actually not a change, it's something I was confused about on the WL thread so I did some research and found the early ADR info. on AllEars - those buses have apparently been doing this for years. We never do pre-park opening ADRs and if we did, they were resort ADRs which we walked to or we took the boat over to another resort, so I never knew about this perk.

Are you all settled back into reality and unpacked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteAsMinnie View Post
Husbands are very territorial when it comes to food, aren't they!
Nice to see you over here.
It's a good thing I don't really care too much about gravy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidhome View Post
We are so thrilled to be staying at BWV at the end of the summer (8/31-9/7)!! We have fallen in love with WDW, and stay at Moderates (CSR and POFQ). We lucked OUT being able to trade our Hawaii RCI points for this trip at BWV -1br. Woo HOO!! Question - I'm assuming (HOPING) not, but are RCI traders into BWV treated like second class citizens, or will we not even notice a difference from the check in cast members? We have LOVED just soaking up the magic from booking the trip through DW to the last moments on the ME back to the airport... Just not sure of the differences between DVC / Villas and a regular Moderate stay thru Disney. I know there is not daily mouse keeping (not a problem - head over heels that we will have a kitchen and in-unit laundry!), but will we still get a Key to the World card (room key, pass tickets, charging privileges)? We just can't wait for this trip - SO EXCITED!! But not sure if there is a difference with us getting the room via RCI or through Disney, directly. Thanks for any input / experiences! :-)
Welcome! I don't know anything about booking with RCI, but I can tell you that in my experience, CMs tend to treat every guest with the same level of respect. Your party will get KTTW cards and if you have purchased tickets and dining, those will be on your KTTW card, too.

Happy planning!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:44 AM   #3259
psac
DIS Veteran

A lot of close up pics on the Boardwalk Bakery food items AND a review of the lobster roll!

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized...2%80%93-42913/
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 05-03-2013, 08:51 AM   #3260
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
It's actually not a change, it's something I was confused about on the WL thread so I did some research and found the early ADR info. on AllEars - those buses have apparently been doing this for years. We never do pre-park opening ADRs and if we did, they were resort ADRs which we walked to or we took the boat over to another resort, so I never knew about this perk.

Are you all settled back into reality and unpacked?

Yeah, now it will feel like "forever" until our September (mostly resort only) Poly trip, but then luckily it will be a short wait after that until our November BW visit!

All in with the mouse this year on our vacations...
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 05-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #3261
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
A lot of close up pics on the Boardwalk Bakery food items AND a review of the lobster roll!

Thanks for the link. The lobster roll looks really good. I'm hopeful the service will be quicker once the CMs get used to the new bakery.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #3262
tyzzle
Mouseketeer

cannot wait for the lobster roll...hubby is gonna freak!

Me Hubby Delilah(5) Delores (2)
Old 05-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #3263
honeymo78
Don't dream it, be it

Wondering if the new bakery sandwiches are made to order (can remove ingredients) or come pre-made.
Past trips: 5/13 BWV, 1/13 Dream and OKW, 9/12 Fantasy, 5/12 BLT, 9/11 BWV, 5/11 VGC, 12/10 BWV, 9/10 Wonder and BLT, 5/10 BWV, 12/09 OKW, 10/09 AKV Conc, 5/09 DL GCH, 12/08 SSR, 10/08 CR MKV, 10/07 CR MKV, 3/07 Pop, 2/06 CR MKV, 10/05 WL, 5/04 WL, 8/03 POR/WL, 8/01 POR Many more since the 80s

Old 05-03-2013, 04:23 PM   #3264
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:

That does look like a good lobster roll.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 05-03-2013, 05:30 PM   #3265
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

I am now totally spoiled by having a BW view 1BR villa on my last trip. Since I can't find any availability thru cash or points for my August dates for one, I'm toying with the Deluxe CL rooms, since they are all BW view, and a bigger room. Space is important to our family, DH said he will not share a standard size room with us ever again! Thankfully, there is still availability on those with either the Summer GP discount, as well as with the AP discount. I still want to faint at the sight of the room rate even with the discount, but since I can't find a 1BR BW view, I need to come up with Plan B.

My question....I know these are above either BB or SS...are there any elevators or stairs that exit out on the BW near there - or do you have to trek back through the hallways to the lobby to get outside?

Also - where is the laundry located on the Inn side? With 2 teenage boys in August, I will surely need to do a load or 2! That is another reason I love love love the villas, having a washer & dryer right in the unit. (This is a plea for someone, anyone, to please cancel your August 1BR BW view villa so I can grab it LOL!!)

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 05-03-2013, 05:35 PM   #3266
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeymo78 View Post
Wondering if the new bakery sandwiches are made to order (can remove ingredients) or come pre-made.
I am pretty certain my egg, cheese, and bacon biscuit was assembled after i ordered it.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:44 PM   #3267
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
I am now totally spoiled by having a BW view 1BR villa on my last trip. Since I can't find any availability thru cash or points for my August dates for one, I'm toying with the Deluxe CL rooms, since they are all BW view, and a bigger room. Space is important to our family, DH said he will not share a standard size room with us ever again! Thankfully, there is still availability on those with either the Summer GP discount, as well as with the AP discount. I still want to faint at the sight of the room rate even with the discount, but since I can't find a 1BR BW view, I need to come up with Plan B.

My question....I know these are above either BB or SS...are there any elevators or stairs that exit out on the BW near there - or do you have to trek back through the hallways to the lobby to get outside?

Also - where is the laundry located on the Inn side? With 2 teenage boys in August, I will surely need to do a load or 2! That is another reason I love love love the villas, having a washer & dryer right in the unit. (This is a plea for someone, anyone, to please cancel your August 1BR BW view villa so I can grab it LOL!!)
As a general note, the deluxe rooms are nice. Nice layout, better than the Deluxes at BC for instance.

The only stairs exit out to the quiet pool and inside courtyards. For the boardwalk, yes, you have to go all the way back to the lobby area. Poor design, though they always say it was for security purposes.

No idea on the laundry!

If you do love the BW 1BRs so much and go as often as you do, you might want to look into a DVC resale contract. We bought 3 years ago and so don't regret it. We do a mix of point and cash stays. Now we're adding on a second contract at AKL, but we could always use the point for BW at 7 months, too. (Though BW view gets tough at 7 mos.)
Old 05-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #3268
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
As a general note, the deluxe rooms are nice. Nice layout, better than the Deluxes at BC for instance.

The only stairs exit out to the quiet pool and inside courtyards. For the boardwalk, yes, you have to go all the way back to the lobby area. Poor design, though they always say it was for security purposes.

No idea on the laundry!

If you do love the BW 1BRs so much and go as often as you do, you might want to look into a DVC resale contract. We bought 3 years ago and so don't regret it. We do a mix of point and cash stays. Now we're adding on a second contract at AKL, but we could always use the point for BW at 7 months, too. (Though BW view gets tough at 7 mos.)
You are so right about looking into a DVC resale. If I could only convince DH! I'm assuming DVC resales are only sold thru Disney, is that correct?

Glad to hear BWI Deluxe CL are nicer than BC, we stayed in a Deluxe CL room there last year, and loved it - so this could be even better! It was a LONG hike to the CL lounge at BC so that was a downer. I think at BWI I'd request 3rd floor for the larger balcony - I spend a lot of time out there. Are there stairs anywhere near the CL lounge on the 4th floor - or do you need to go back to the balcony to go up a level?

Thanks for the info!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 05-03-2013, 08:02 PM   #3269
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post

You are so right about looking into a DVC resale. If I could only convince DH! I'm assuming DVC resales are only sold thru Disney, is that correct?

Glad to hear BWI Deluxe CL are nicer than BC, we stayed in a Deluxe CL room there last year, and loved it - so this could be even better! It was a LONG hike to the CL lounge at BC so that was a downer. I think at BWI I'd request 3rd floor for the larger balcony - I spend a lot of time out there. Are there stairs anywhere near the CL lounge on the 4th floor - or do you need to go back to the balcony to go up a level?

Thanks for the info!
There are several resale vendors, other than Disney. I used the TimeShare store, sponsor here on the DISboards to get my BWV DVC Resale contract. They were great to work with. You can buy thru Disney at a higher price, but then there are no restrictions.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion

Last edited by AirGoofy; 05-04-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:30 PM   #3270
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reidhome View Post
You will have to pay the fee to trade into DVC when you arrive. But you will be treated like every other DVC member. I guess you have a one week stay (seven nights), so on day four with day one as check in, you will get your towels replaced and trash removed, plus incidentals replaced (shampoo, shower gel, etc). You'll have the preferred view villas (either Luna Park pool or the leisure pool), but not Boardwalk view. Luna Park can get noisy, so you might want to request the non-themed pool view. You can use the Community Hall while you are there to rent movies or borrow games. Plus activities during the week.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: