Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 04-26-2013, 03:30 PM   #3181
Tink03477
I love my little Disney Bear!
 
Tink03477's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Quincy, MA
Posts: 653

Question DVD Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Just got back early this morning. LOVED LOVED LOVED our stay at BWV! I think I might have a new favorite! We had a 1BR on the 2nd floor right above The Screen Door, so very close to the lobby. What a gorgeous lobby! Off to work now for the day but will post more later.
Hi there, We have a 1 BR next month. I'm hoping you can tell me if there is a DVD player in the living room AND the bedroom??
Also, when you have some time, do you think you could post a picture of the shower? I'm curious as to the dimensions of it. It doesn't look very big.
Thank you,
Kimberley
__________________
KIMBERLEY
Me (51) DS Stephen (24)

PORFQ-10/1998 * ASM-5/2000 * CSR-5/2001 * POFQ & HRH-10/2002 * CBR-5/2003 * PORFQ 5/2004 * BCV (US/IOA RPH) - 8/2004-1st DVC * OKW/AKL 11/2004 * BCV 5/2005 * Dolphin 12/2005 * BWV 5/2006 * * 9/2006 - CA-GCH* 1/2007-Marriott *POR 8/2007* * AKL 1/2008 DS 19th B-DAY** Morgan's Grad May 23-26 / BC May 26-June 1, 2008*
* Poly-1st TIME! 5/2009* BC Club Level Sept 4-12, 2010**YC June 2-9, 2012 My 50th B-Day Trip! BWV May 19-26 2013
Tink03477 is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 08:17 PM   #3182
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!
 
TaraPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 16,156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink03477 View Post
Hi there, We have a 1 BR next month. I'm hoping you can tell me if there is a DVD player in the living room AND the bedroom??
Also, when you have some time, do you think you could post a picture of the shower? I'm curious as to the dimensions of it. It doesn't look very big.
Thank you,
Kimberley
Hmmmm good question. I don't know if there was a DVD player in the BR, sorry! There was definitely one in the living room.

The shower was on the small side. Now I have a HUGE shower at home, you could almost wash a car in it, so I might not be a good judge of size! It will be Sunday til I get my pics on photobucket & then on here, but I will be sure to post one.
__________________




AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
TaraPA is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 04-26-2013, 08:26 PM   #3183
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention
 
Deb & Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 45,006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink03477 View Post
Hi there, We have a 1 BR next month. I'm hoping you can tell me if there is a DVD player in the living room AND the bedroom??
Also, when you have some time, do you think you could post a picture of the shower? I'm curious as to the dimensions of it. It doesn't look very big.
Thank you,
Kimberley
In the past, only the living room had the DVD player. I don't think that has changed.
__________________
Deb - DVC Member since '97
OKW and VWL Homes

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Deb & Bill is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 08:55 AM   #3184
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong
 
PolyAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: WhoDat Nation!
Posts: 2,964

Just back from BWI SVCL

Just wanted to stop in and share my experience...

We arrived from ME Monday morning around 11AM. We informed someone at the front door we were staying club level. She called and said our room was not ready (I expected that). She offered to store our carry-on but never offered for us to go up and enjoy the lounge. I did ask because we wanted to have our tickets put on our room keys and I also wanted to chill a bit in the lounge. We were escorted up and taken care of. The only negative was during the check in we were given our room keys and told were would get a text when the room was ready, so off to Epcot we went. We were pretty tired since we were up since 4:30 AM and walked around Epcot forever it seemed. In hindsight, I wished they had given us a number to call back and check on our room because we eventually headed back around 3PM and were told it was ready. He made it seem it had been ready a while but we never received a text.

We made two requests 1. close to the lounge (since some had said this could be a long walk) and 2. A BW view. Well nothing was ever mentioned about the BW view but we were put in room 4232, immediately to the right of the lounge when you exit. I was disappointed at first not receiving a BW view but after one night being able to view the fireworks from our balcony, we quickly got over that!

Just for some back history, we have only stayed POLY CL twice with the last time being 2009 and we have stayed once in the Epcot area at the Swan in 2008. As far as the two club levels go, I think we enjoy the Poly a bit more because of the BLDG itself. BWI is sort of a pain to get in and out of, we enjoyed the offerings more at the Poly and the clown pool area didn't do anything for us. We didn't use the pool but had a drink at the pool bar. That is about where it ends because the fact that we can walk to our two favorite parks more than makes up for those things. Oddly enough, everyone talks about all the things to do on the BW and how lively it is but we found it to be so quiet and relaxing. On our walks to HS, most of the time no one was around. We are not night owls so we were in our room by firework time and it was so peaceful from our balcony.

We had a magical time at the BWI and will be back for sure in the future! Thanks to everyone for all of the advice and if anyone has any questions, I will gladly try to help out!
__________________
PolyAddict is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 09:06 AM   #3185
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

BoardWalk Bakery has re-opened!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...+Parks+Blog%29


Brand new photos from Jack Spence!

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp...lk_bakery.html


New Menu:

http://allears.net/menu/menu_bb.htm

Mmmmm...Bacon Pie.

Last edited by WDWKOOK; 04-27-2013 at 09:27 AM.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 09:18 AM   #3186
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
Just wanted to stop in and share my experience...

We arrived from ME Monday morning around 11AM. We informed someone at the front door we were staying club level. She called and said our room was not ready (I expected that). She offered to store our carry-on but never offered for us to go up and enjoy the lounge. I did ask because we wanted to have our tickets put on our room keys and I also wanted to chill a bit in the lounge. We were escorted up and taken care of. The only negative was during the check in we were given our room keys and told were would get a text when the room was ready, so off to Epcot we went. We were pretty tired since we were up since 4:30 AM and walked around Epcot forever it seemed. In hindsight, I wished they had given us a number to call back and check on our room because we eventually headed back around 3PM and were told it was ready. He made it seem it had been ready a while but we never received a text.

We made two requests 1. close to the lounge (since some had said this could be a long walk) and 2. A BW view. Well nothing was ever mentioned about the BW view but we were put in room 4232, immediately to the right of the lounge when you exit. I was disappointed at first not receiving a BW view but after one night being able to view the fireworks from our balcony, we quickly got over that!

Just for some back history, we have only stayed POLY CL twice with the last time being 2009 and we have stayed once in the Epcot area at the Swan in 2008. As far as the two club levels go, I think we enjoy the Poly a bit more because of the BLDG itself. BWI is sort of a pain to get in and out of, we enjoyed the offerings more at the Poly and the clown pool area didn't do anything for us. We didn't use the pool but had a drink at the pool bar. That is about where it ends because the fact that we can walk to our two favorite parks more than makes up for those things. Oddly enough, everyone talks about all the things to do on the BW and how lively it is but we found it to be so quiet and relaxing. On our walks to HS, most of the time no one was around. We are not night owls so we were in our room by firework time and it was so peaceful from our balcony.

We had a magical time at the BWI and will be back for sure in the future! Thanks to everyone for all of the advice and if anyone has any questions, I will gladly try to help out!
Thank you for posting your BWI/CL review, PolyAddict. I thought you might end up favoring Poly, seeing what your username is. But, maybe next time you would do a split stay of Poly and BWI
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 10:42 AM   #3187
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars
 
Ziggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 696

We had that room last year PolyAddict, isn't it fab?! On our first night we got some hot chocolates from the lounge, put our pjs on and sat on the sofa with the door open watching illuminations, it was great .
__________________
Ziggy is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 10:47 AM   #3188
psac
DIS Veteran
 
psac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Staten Island, NY
Posts: 2,420

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post
Just wanted to stop in and share my experience...

We arrived from ME Monday morning around 11AM. We informed someone at the front door we were staying club level. She called and said our room was not ready (I expected that). She offered to store our carry-on but never offered for us to go up and enjoy the lounge. I did ask because we wanted to have our tickets put on our room keys and I also wanted to chill a bit in the lounge. We were escorted up and taken care of. The only negative was during the check in we were given our room keys and told were would get a text when the room was ready, so off to Epcot we went. We were pretty tired since we were up since 4:30 AM and walked around Epcot forever it seemed. In hindsight, I wished they had given us a number to call back and check on our room because we eventually headed back around 3PM and were told it was ready. He made it seem it had been ready a while but we never received a text.

We made two requests 1. close to the lounge (since some had said this could be a long walk) and 2. A BW view. Well nothing was ever mentioned about the BW view but we were put in room 4232, immediately to the right of the lounge when you exit. I was disappointed at first not receiving a BW view but after one night being able to view the fireworks from our balcony, we quickly got over that!

Just for some back history, we have only stayed POLY CL twice with the last time being 2009 and we have stayed once in the Epcot area at the Swan in 2008. As far as the two club levels go, I think we enjoy the Poly a bit more because of the BLDG itself. BWI is sort of a pain to get in and out of, we enjoyed the offerings more at the Poly and the clown pool area didn't do anything for us. We didn't use the pool but had a drink at the pool bar. That is about where it ends because the fact that we can walk to our two favorite parks more than makes up for those things. Oddly enough, everyone talks about all the things to do on the BW and how lively it is but we found it to be so quiet and relaxing. On our walks to HS, most of the time no one was around. We are not night owls so we were in our room by firework time and it was so peaceful from our balcony.

We had a magical time at the BWI and will be back for sure in the future! Thanks to everyone for all of the advice and if anyone has any questions, I will gladly try to help out!
I agree with your point about the Boardwalk being so quiet and relaxing, especially in the morning, it's very serene.
__________________
“It's kind of fun to do the impossible.” - Walt Disney
Upcoming BWV Dec'14, BLT Jul'15, BWV/DCL Fantasy Sep'15
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
psac is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #3189
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong
 
PolyAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: WhoDat Nation!
Posts: 2,964

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post

I agree with your point about the Boardwalk being so quiet and relaxing, especially in the morning, it's very serene.
So so nice and the lobby doesn't get as loud as the Poly because of Ohana's. It also has a more adult feel to it.
__________________
PolyAddict is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #3190
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong
 
PolyAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: WhoDat Nation!
Posts: 2,964

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
We had that room last year PolyAddict, isn't it fab?! On our first night we got some hot chocolates from the lounge, put our pjs on and sat on the sofa with the door open watching illuminations, it was great .
Wow just Wow on that view and so quiet!
__________________
PolyAddict is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #3191
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong
 
PolyAddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: WhoDat Nation!
Posts: 2,964

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thank you for posting your BWI/CL review, PolyAddict. I thought you might end up favoring Poly, seeing what your username is. But, maybe next time you would do a split stay of Poly and BWI
Sounds delightful to me
__________________
PolyAddict is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #3192
mamaprincess
DIS Veteran
 
mamaprincess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 2,898

DVC Gold Member
Paid DVC Rent/Trade
Gold Membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
BoardWalk Bakery has re-opened!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...+Parks+Blog%29


Brand new photos from Jack Spence!

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp...lk_bakery.html


New Menu:

http://allears.net/menu/menu_bb.htm

Mmmmm...Bacon Pie.
Thanks! I was waiting for the first reports. We will be staying @ BWV in July and I am so looking forward to enjoying the new and improved bakery!
mamaprincess is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #3193
MUDisneyCouple
Thank God for the DIS and all you helpful people!!!
 
MUDisneyCouple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: The Midwest
Posts: 1,249

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
BoardWalk Bakery has re-opened!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blo...+Parks+Blog%29

Brand new photos from Jack Spence!

http://land.allears.net/blogs/jacksp...lk_bakery.html

New Menu:

http://allears.net/menu/menu_bb.htm

Mmmmm...Bacon Pie.
I can't seem to find what's all inside the bacon pie and how much it costs? DH is very intrigued
__________________
Our Happiest Place on Earth
Katy Robert and Alice
2003:Honeymoon-Wilderness Lodge; 2006:Spring Break-All Star Sports; 2007:2nd Honeymoon-Polynesian & DCL; 2007:1st Trip to DLR via Vegas; 2008:Badly needed trip to the World-Wilderness Lodge; 2008:1st Christmas Trip-Contemporary; 2009:What aren't we celebrating?!?!-Saratoga Springs; 2010:Alice's 1st Trip to WDW-Bay Lake Tower; 2011:Alice's 1st Trip to DLR-Grand Californian; 2012:Parents Getaway-Animal Kingdom Lodge; 2012 :Are we nuts? Yep!-Ft. Wilderness; 2012:Alice's 1st Christmas at WDW-Bay Lake Tower; 2013:Summer Fun-The Boardwalk; 2013:10th Anniversary Wine and Dine-Old Key West; 2014: Summer Wilderness Adventure-Wilderness Lodge Villas
MUDisneyCouple is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #3194
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy
 
WDWKOOK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: NoVA
Posts: 16,245

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDisneyCouple View Post
I can't seem to find what's all inside the bacon pie and how much it costs? DH is very intrigued
The recipe is in link #1:

Peanut Butter-Banana-Applewood Smoked Candied Bacon Pie
Makes 9-inch pie
3 thick slices applewood smoked bacon
1/4 cup brown sugar
9-inch store-bought chocolate graham cracker pie crust
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup cream cheese
2 tablespoons sugar
1 cup whipping cream
2 bananas, sliced

Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper, and place a wire rack over the baking
sheet.

Coat bacon on both sides with brown sugar. Place on rack and bake 20 to 30 minutes, or until crispy, depending on thickness of bacon.
Remove from oven. Once cooled, dice and set aside.

Cream together peanut butter, cream cheese, and sugar until smooth.
Whip cream to soft peaks in a separate bowl; gently fold into peanut butter mixture.

Fill pie shell halfway with mixture, then evenly top with banana slices. Top slices with remaining mixture.

Sprinkle with chopped bacon. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
WDWKOOK is offline  
Old 04-27-2013, 05:26 PM   #3195
pixarmom
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 5,370

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
BoardWalk Bakery has re-opened!
Wow and wow! Not surprisingly, I love it and think it's great. We're not big into CS (prefer TS) but for CS, that menu is great. And I always like a good self-serve refill station. Thanks so much for posting!

PolyAddict, glad you mentioned the CL lounge before room readiness. Last time we stayed CL at BWI (January of this year), the CM downstairs did not offer the lounge before our room was ready (approx. 2:30pm when we arrived), and we had to ask. By the time we walked upstairs, checked in and poured lemonades, our room was ready! I was thinking that someone new to either WDW or CL may not know the lounge is an option before rooms are ready. Also glad to hear you enjoyed the garden view CL room. We always request BW view, and now I know not to be too disappointed if that doesn't work out sometime. Thanks for the report!
__________________
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
pixarmom is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: