Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 03:12 PM   #3166
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Just a quick dining report. We're at WDW now, giving AKL a try. We like it, but we had to visit our "home". We had a great dinner at Flying Fish, everything was absolutely perfect. Still maybe the best steak on property, in my opinion! Definitely a must try for people staying here.

Aside from dinner, it was a drizzly evening, so the performers were in the lobby. It's not quite the same though, since they don't really get the same walk-by crowds form, so the one we saw was performing for two kids and a handful of adults.

It was also nice just to visit, and my wife even said there's just an intangible "something" about BW that makes it feel like our happy place.
Glad to hear you like AKL, never been. Enjoy the rest of your trip. And I understand the feeling of the BW. I get it too.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Old 04-25-2013, 09:35 PM   #3167
lkrasnavage
Earning My Ears

Hello. So I am going to go ahead and book the boardwalk! I have a couple questions. I am booking boardwalk view. If I was to make a request, close to flying fish, that would put me close to the lobby,right? And is the only exit to the boardwalk thru the lobby.? Or are there multiple exits?thanks!!!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #3168
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

Checked in today for a quick trip and we had a deluxe club room booked. Imagine my shock when the CM gives me our KTTW and states we received an upgrade. But he didn't tell us what we were upgraded to. We got the Sonora VP Suite. I have no idea how or why, but what a dose of Pixie Dust! I took a bunch of pics with my good camera so I'll need to upload those after we get home. All the CM said was we were in the right place at the right time. I've never received an upgrade before.

Best part is there was Training today at the Bakery. Tonite we could see in as the lights were on and it reminded me of the old Main St Bakery. Definitely looking awesome! 6:30am tomorrow! Can't wait to hopefully get a peek inside tomorrow.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:47 PM   #3169
MomToPrincePhillip
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T in PA View Post
Checked in today for a quick trip and we had a deluxe club room booked. Imagine my shock when the CM gives me our KTTW and states we received an upgrade. But he didn't tell us what we were upgraded to. We got the Sonora VP Suite. I have no idea how or why, but what a dose of Pixie Dust! I took a bunch of pics with my good camera so I'll need to upload those after we get home. All the CM said was we were in the right place at the right time. I've never received an upgrade before.

Best part is there was Training today at the Bakery. Tonite we could see in as the lights were on and it reminded me of the old Main St Bakery. Definitely looking awesome! 6:30am tomorrow! Can't wait to hopefully get a peek inside tomorrow.
for you! How lovely! I guess it won't be available when we check in on Saturday...
Enjoy and I can't wait to see the pics
Old 04-26-2013, 04:31 AM   #3170
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Just a quick dining report. We're at WDW now, giving AKL a try. We like it, but we had to visit our "home". We had a great dinner at Flying Fish, everything was absolutely perfect. Still maybe the best steak on property, in my opinion! Definitely a must try for people staying here.

Aside from dinner, it was a drizzly evening, so the performers were in the lobby. It's not quite the same though, since they don't really get the same walk-by crowds form, so the one we saw was performing for two kids and a handful of adults.

It was also nice just to visit, and my wife even said there's just an intangible "something" about BW that makes it feel like our happy place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkrasnavage View Post
Hello. So I am going to go ahead and book the boardwalk! I have a couple questions. I am booking boardwalk view. If I was to make a request, close to flying fish, that would put me close to the lobby,right? And is the only exit to the boardwalk thru the lobby.? Or are there multiple exits?thanks!!!!!
Congratulations! I'm going to leave it to the room category location experts to answer your question more precisely. If you're making a request and you book a STD View room it could be of the parking lot/canal or of the Garden area/Epcot and I think that some of these rooms could be closer to the lobby, but I could be wrong. Certainly, whatever category you do book, maybe you could just add "Close to lobby, please"

To get out to the BW, we would go down the elevators that are near Belle Vue Lounge off the lobby and down the stairs to the ground floor.

Quote:

Great to see you all the way over here from CR and what a fantastic upgrade. How many days are you staying? Now you've stayed in both the CR and BWI suites - any others? We're looking forward to all your photos when you get home. If you get some of the new bakery, I could post them to the first page

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomToPrincePhillip View Post
for you! How lovely! I guess it won't be available when we check in on Saturday...
Enjoy and I can't wait to see the pics
Just using your post as a reminder to all that a few days ago I posted all new Sonora Suite photos on the first page. SwirlyGirly was there recently and emailed some to me, but they don't include the kitchen area.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:48 AM   #3171
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmomboys2 View Post
Thanks......is there any difference in the room size or location/view??

And as for the drinks (especially the water) is it in bottles to go...??
Here now and no water bottles to go
Old 04-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #3172
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Just got back early this morning. LOVED LOVED LOVED our stay at BWV! I think I might have a new favorite! We had a 1BR on the 2nd floor right above The Screen Door, so very close to the lobby. What a gorgeous lobby! Off to work now for the day but will post more later.

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Old 04-26-2013, 09:33 AM   #3173
Cshel85
Mouseketeer

So excited, checked flights today and was able to fly out cheaper on Saturday may 25th so instead of the 27th we are adding two days to our stay at BWI. So my countdown is now under 30 days..I really hope that DH and I love the resort, we have read such wonderful things

May 1999 Swan
August 2000 Port Orleans Riverside
July 2012 Wilderness Lodge Club Level
May 2013 Boardwalk Inn
July 2014 Boardwalk Villas

Old 04-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #3174
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Wow, quite an upgrade!! Congrats, and enjoy!
Old 04-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #3175
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T in PA

We want pictures!

Old 04-26-2013, 12:07 PM   #3176
Tehanna
It's FISH EXTENDER, not Fish Exchange!

Quote:
That is amazing! Congratulations!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
Old 04-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #3177
psac
DIS Veteran

For anyone with Twitter, @TouringPlans just posted a bunch of Boardwalk Bakery photos. They even have a special entrance just for refillable mug refills.

https://twitter.com/touringplans/sta...29117418479617

Peek inside (including guy with no shirt):

https://twitter.com/touringplans/sta...29217700106240

New menu:

https://twitter.com/touringplans/sta...31198506291201

They also posted pics of some of the food, pastries, etc. They also have gluten free baby cakes items now, as well as a quiche and soup of the day.

Still no indoor seating though!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 04-26-2013, 12:44 PM   #3178
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Just got back early this morning. LOVED LOVED LOVED our stay at BWV! I think I might have a new favorite! We had a 1BR on the 2nd floor right above The Screen Door, so very close to the lobby. What a gorgeous lobby! Off to work now for the day but will post more later.
Glad you enjoyed it so much!! We've had a few different BW view 1BRs, but not that location yet. Was it loud from the performers or anything?
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 04-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #3179
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
For anyone with Twitter, @TouringPlans just posted a bunch of Boardwalk Bakery photos. They even have a special entrance just for refillable mug refills.

https://twitter.com/touringplans/sta...29117418479617

Peek inside (including guy with no shirt):
https://twitter.com/touringplans/sta...29217700106240

New menu:

https://twitter.com/touringplans/sta...31198506291201

They also posted pics of some of the food, pastries, etc. They also have gluten free baby cakes items now, as well as a quiche and soup of the day.

Still no indoor seating though!
So, I was kinda hoping for a construction worker type dude with no shirt. Not exactly. Thanks for the links to the photos. I might rethink getting a refillable mug now. We bought them for two BW stays but found it a pain to get refills. With a dedicated entrance to refills, might not be such a pain.

Old 04-26-2013, 01:54 PM   #3180
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Glad you enjoyed it so much!! We've had a few different BW view 1BRs, but not that location yet. Was it loud from the performers or anything?
The first few nights we didn't get back to the room til 1am & the BW was quiet. The last night we were back by 10:30 and it was loud. Everything shuts down on the BW at 11 & it did quiet down then a little, but every now & then we'd hear a group walking by being loud, up until about 2am. It didn't bother me though, we keep the bathroom fan on for white noise anyway!

Mary T I would have come up to take a peek at your suite had I known you were in there LOL!!!

AKL/BWI CL split stay 8/14 Dane's birthday**Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: