Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 09:51 AM   #3151
madelyn
DIS Veteran

You might move your question over to the DVC board since the people over there may have more experience with waitlisting. My sister owns DVC and last summer we were able to get a 2 bedroom standard view for two nights I think 2 months ahead of time for the end of May. So someone must have cancelled/changed their ressie. We weren't on a waitlist but I would check to see what options we had many times a day. As far as I know, the two bedroom units are split up into 1 bedroom/studio and it is first come, first served. So if there is a two bedroom unit left, someone can book it as a 2 bedroom, a studio or a 1 bedroom. Once someone books part of that two bedroom, availability will only be for whatever part (studio or 1 bedroom) that is left. You may have a decent chance for 1 night, especially for a weekday night. I also helped my sisters and son with a DVC reservation this past September. It was hard to find much during the food/wine fest short notice. They ended up going the week before the food/wine fest started and ended up in a value studio at Jambo House. There seems to be more availability in the garden/pool view at the Boardwalk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilverTherapist View Post
My parents were generous enough to lend us 50 DVC points which were exactly enough to spend 5 nights in a standard view studio at Boardwalk in September. The bad news was, only 4 of the nights we were able to go were available.

Luckily, we were able to get in at our backup at OKW which considering my history there is pretty awesome in its own right. But my wife kind had her heart set on BWV so we got ourselves on the waitlist.

My question is, what are our odds of getting into BWV for the last week in September before the Food and Wine festival? (Thursday will be our last night there, we're flying out late Friday evening, the first day of Food and Wine).

Do they not book every single studio available until they have a good idea for just how many two-bedrooms are going to be needed? (Since the studios are the second bedroom for those). I'm just sorta curious. OKW would not be disappointing, but BWV would be extra special.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:03 AM   #3152
TheSilverTherapist
The Geekiest Guy You've Ever Met

You're right, the DVC board is probably the place to go.

Thanks!
Sep 2008 - CSR (1st Wedding Anniversary) Sep 2009 - BCV
Sep 2013 - AoA, OKW (30th Birthday)

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-24-2013, 10:04 AM   #3153
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilverTherapist View Post
My parents were generous enough to lend us 50 DVC points which were exactly enough to spend 5 nights in a standard view studio at Boardwalk in September. The bad news was, only 4 of the nights we were able to go were available.

Luckily, we were able to get in at our backup at OKW which considering my history there is pretty awesome in its own right. But my wife kind had her heart set on BWV so we got ourselves on the waitlist.

My question is, what are our odds of getting into BWV for the last week in September before the Food and Wine festival? (Thursday will be our last night there, we're flying out late Friday evening, the first day of Food and Wine).

Do they not book every single studio available until they have a good idea for just how many two-bedrooms are going to be needed? (Since the studios are the second bedroom for those). I'm just sorta curious. OKW would not be disappointing, but BWV would be extra special.
Are you waitlisted for all 5 nights, or just 1? If it's all 5, I would not think it's very likely at this point for all 5 days to open. If you book the 4 and waitlist just for the 1 day, your chances would be much better. Of course you would have the possiblity of spending 1 night somewhere else.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:09 AM   #3154
TheSilverTherapist
The Geekiest Guy You've Ever Met

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
Are you waitlisted for all 5 nights, or just 1? If it's all 5, I would not think it's very likely at this point for all 5 days to open. If you book the 4 and waitlist just for the 1 day, your chances would be much better. Of course you would have the possiblity of spending 1 night somewhere else.
All five. We went ahead and booked the rest of the trip at OKW. We didn't want to risk having to change hotels twice (we're already spending the first Saturday of our trip at AoA).
Sep 2008 - CSR (1st Wedding Anniversary) Sep 2009 - BCV
Sep 2013 - AoA, OKW (30th Birthday)

Old 04-24-2013, 10:14 AM   #3155
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilverTherapist

For one night your chances might have been decent, for 5 especially in a standard if it is during food and wine (not sure of your dates and the f&w start date) very unlikely. If it is not during food and wine, maybe but the more nights on your waitlist, the lower the chances.

Last edited by eandesmom; 04-24-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:50 AM   #3156
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

Just a question about club level. I read that you can use concierge to make your reservations prior to your arrival by contacting them. What kind of reservations can they make for you? Dining? Anything else? How early in advance? I'm just curious because I want to utilize what we have, and I'm no pro at CL! Thanks!!

Old 04-24-2013, 12:11 PM   #3157
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsdocometrue9112 View Post
Just a question about club level. I read that you can use concierge to make your reservations prior to your arrival by contacting them. What kind of reservations can they make for you? Dining? Anything else? How early in advance? I'm just curious because I want to utilize what we have, and I'm no pro at CL! Thanks!!
Pretty much anything. They should send you a form to complete once you book club level. They can only book in the same booking windows as anyone else.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
Old 04-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #3158
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsdocometrue9112 View Post
Sometimes they don't email a welcome letter or PIP form (Pre Itinerary Planning) right after booking and some only email at the 180+ or 90 day mark, depending on when you booked. Feel free to email or call the IPO anytime after booking, just include your confirmation number and last name in the subject field.

As Vicki said, they can book anything for you, but it's subject to availability. You can also have them note/confirm any room requests in your reservation and they can answer questions as well.

Let us know if you have any other questions
Old 04-24-2013, 02:02 PM   #3159
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDisneyCouple View Post
Getting super excited about our first stay at BWV!! Reading that everyone is leaving for their trips has me really anticipating our departure in 33 days or so!

Quick question: do the 1br have an iPod/iPhone docking station? We use music to soothe the DD to sleep even tho she'll be pretty tuckered out from all the Disney fun, I just wanted to see if we needed to bring our own.
They used to, but many of them were stolen or broken, so DVC is not replacing them with another docking station. Just an alarm clock.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:14 PM   #3160
MUDisneyCouple
Thank God for the DIS and all you helpful people!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post

They used to, but many of them were stolen or broken, so DVC is not replacing them with another docking station. Just an alarm clock.
Thanks for the info. Too bad. It's always a few that ruin it for everybody. Wish they would just let us check one out, then we'd have to be responsible for it.
2003:Honeymoon-Wilderness Lodge; 2006:Spring Break-All Star Sports; 2007:2nd Honeymoon-Polynesian & DCL; 2007:1st Trip to DLR via Vegas; 2008:Badly needed trip to the World-Wilderness Lodge; 2008:1st Christmas Trip-Contemporary; 2009:What aren't we celebrating?!?!-Saratoga Springs; 2010:Alice's 1st Trip to WDW-Bay Lake Tower; 2011:Alice's 1st Trip to DLR-Grand Californian; 2012:Parents Getaway-Animal Kingdom Lodge; 2012 :Are we nuts? Yep!-Ft. Wilderness; 2012:Alice's 1st Christmas at WDW-Bay Lake Tower; 2013:Summer Fun-The Boardwalk; 2013:10th Anniversary Wine and Dine-Old Key West; 2014: Summer Wilderness Adventure-Wilderness Lodge Villas
Old 04-25-2013, 01:58 PM   #3161
njmomboys2
Mouseketeer

Hoping for some opinions..currently booked at BWI from July 14th-19th in standard room. Going to celebrate my son's High School Graduation...so family of 4.....my 2 DSs are 18 & 13.

We have the 6 day park hopper with dining plan.

Since I have growing boys..the meal plan will basically cover lunch/dinner and a quick snack.....was thinking of upgrading to club room to especially take advantage of continental breakfast...snacks throughout day...and bottled water.

Called my agent and it will add about $500 to costs......do you think it makes sense? We have never stayed in club level.

Are the rooms any different?

We are the type who like to do early parks...mid day breaks for pools and then late nights back in parks...

Thoughts...thanks!!!
Old 04-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #3162
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmomboys2 View Post
Hoping for some opinions..currently booked at BWI from July 14th-19th in standard room. Going to celebrate my son's High School Graduation...so family of 4.....my 2 DSs are 18 & 13.

We have the 6 day park hopper with dining plan.

Since I have growing boys..the meal plan will basically cover lunch/dinner and a quick snack.....was thinking of upgrading to club room to especially take advantage of continental breakfast...snacks throughout day...and bottled water.

Called my agent and it will add about $500 to costs......do you think it makes sense? We have never stayed in club level.

Are the rooms any different?

We are the type who like to do early parks...mid day breaks for pools and then late nights back in parks...

Thoughts...thanks!!!
Welcome! With your scenario of 4 guests over 6 days, you're looking at only about $21 more per person, per day. I'd say that's a very reasonable increase in order to upgrade to CL. I think it's a great way for you and your family to try CL and make DS's graduation trip more special. All STD CL rooms at all resorts are identical to non-CL rooms.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #3163
njmomboys2
Mouseketeer

Thanks......is there any difference in the room size or location/view??

And as for the drinks (especially the water) is it in bottles to go...??
Old 04-25-2013, 02:27 PM   #3164
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by njmomboys2 View Post
Thanks......is there any difference in the room size or location/view??

And as for the drinks (especially the water) is it in bottles to go...??
The STD CL rooms are identical, however, there are no STD View CL rooms. CL rooms are either a BoardWalk View or Garden View. Views are by-request only and not guaranteed.

Water is only available in large, glass Evian bottles. It seems that only YC/BC provide small, plastic bottles anymore, by-request. If you ask for water, often they will give you a large bottle to keep in your room or you can fill your own bottles with Evian.
Old 04-25-2013, 02:40 PM   #3165
psac
DIS Veteran

Just a quick dining report. We're at WDW now, giving AKL a try. We like it, but we had to visit our "home". We had a great dinner at Flying Fish, everything was absolutely perfect. Still maybe the best steak on property, in my opinion! Definitely a must try for people staying here.

Aside from dinner, it was a drizzly evening, so the performers were in the lobby. It's not quite the same though, since they don't really get the same walk-by crowds form, so the one we saw was performing for two kids and a handful of adults.

It was also nice just to visit, and my wife even said there's just an intangible "something" about BW that makes it feel like our happy place.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: