Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 05:01 AM   #3136
Rikkilee
Disney Dreamer

Hi there everyone!!!

Has anyone stayed in the Garden Suite at the Boardwalk? I am currently planning myself and my mother's next trip to the world and am considering this suite. Is it worth the money? Or are we better off having a standard club level room?

All comments appreciated!

Love Rikkilee from Australia!!!
2013- WDW Beach Club/Animal Kingdom Logde
2014- DLP Hotel Santa Fe

Me Mum Sparkle
Old 04-23-2013, 05:43 AM   #3137
LisaCM614
Mouseketeer

Hi! We never booked a garden suite because of the bed situation. The suites are lovely! I hope to stay in one on a trip without the kids. There is a bed and a pullout couch in the garden suite. I believe there are pictures in the front pages of this thread. We prefer two beds! Love BWI CL!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 04-23-2013, 07:03 AM   #3138
CuteAsMinnie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizkid85 View Post
We just returned last night from a trip to the BWV and I actually asked one of the cast members at the desk. He asked a manager and I was told that although they like to give guests as much information about the resort as possible, that particular green they are not releasing the formula.

If anybody out there has an answer to the color green I would love to know.
Are you kidding!! It's just PAINT!

I'm glad you asked tho! I think I just may bring some paint chips with me and compare.
Wilderness Lodge Old Faithful Club - 2010, 2013, 2015
We'll be home soon...

Old 04-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #3139
jackieinJuneau
Mouseketeer

For the color, just take s close up picture of the color you want and then take it to the Home Depot or similar store. They can scan the pic and match the color! I used to work cross from the paint department it's pretty neat! 165 till checking I at the BWV for our honeymoon.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #3140
Cecile716
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikkilee View Post
Hi there everyone!!!

Has anyone stayed in the Garden Suite at the Boardwalk? I am currently planning myself and my mother's next trip to the world and am considering this suite. Is it worth the money? Or are we better off having a standard club level room?

We stayed in a Garden Suite in March. We were 4 adult women. My sister and I shared the upstairs king bed and our 2 daughters (age 26 and 29) shared the downstairs pull out queen sofa bed. They told us the pull out was VERY comfy! We absolutely loved staying in the garden suite! It was very roomy and just a beautiful location on the resort. We were very close to the quiet pool and hot tub area. I would stay in the same suites again anytime!!
Old 04-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #3141
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Bakery opening this Friday at 6:15!! Just saw the sign in the lobby!

Sorry if this has already been posted.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #3142
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post

Thank you and no, it hadn't been posted. It looks like it's opening a day early. Hope you're having a fabulous vacation!
Old 04-23-2013, 03:06 PM   #3143
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thank you and no, it hadn't been posted. It looks like it's opening a day early. Hope you're having a fabulous vacation!
Having a fantastic time here! Thanks! We will try and pop in before leaving around 5:30pm Friday
Old 04-23-2013, 04:18 PM   #3144
Kaotica
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikkilee View Post
Hi there everyone!!!

Hi! we stayed at the garden suites and we LOVED it!! It was my husband and I, and it was probably the best stay we've ever had at wdw! BWI is our favorite resort. We usually stay Standard Club Level, but really wanted to try the Garden Suites. Since it was us two, we didn't even open the bed/couch on the main floor, but I loved the fact there were two bathrooms! I had a discount for the garden suite. It's beautiful, however I would not pay rack rate for it.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:33 PM   #3145
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post

Yay!! Our next BWI stay is quite a while away, but I'm so happy to hear about this and I'm really looking forward to seeing photos. We're enthusiastic BWI fans (especially BWI CL!) and I love nearly everything about it. But I've always had two small concerns: 1) the lack of self-serve refill mug stations; and 2) the pool clown. Sounds like the new bakery will a self-serve refill station, so that's one concern down and one to go!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #3146
Rikkilee
Disney Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotica View Post
Hi! we stayed at the garden suites and we LOVED it!! It was my husband and I, and it was probably the best stay we've ever had at wdw! BWI is our favorite resort. We usually stay Standard Club Level, but really wanted to try the Garden Suites. Since it was us two, we didn't even open the bed/couch on the main floor, but I loved the fact there were two bathrooms! I had a discount for the garden suite. It's beautiful, however I would not pay rack rate for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecile716 View Post
We stayed in a Garden Suite in March. We were 4 adult women. My sister and I shared the upstairs king bed and our 2 daughters (age 26 and 29) shared the downstairs pull out queen sofa bed. They told us the pull out was VERY comfy! We absolutely loved staying in the garden suite! It was very roomy and just a beautiful location on the resort. We were very close to the quiet pool and hot tub area. I would stay in the same suites again anytime!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaCM614 View Post
Hi! We never booked a garden suite because of the bed situation. The suites are lovely! I hope to stay in one on a trip without the kids. There is a bed and a pullout couch in the garden suite. I believe there are pictures in the front pages of this thread. We prefer two beds! Love BWI CL!
Thank you all for your information! Very helpful! Thank you once again!
2013- WDW Beach Club/Animal Kingdom Logde
2014- DLP Hotel Santa Fe

Me Mum Sparkle
Old 04-23-2013, 10:16 PM   #3147
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

Not only will we be spending our trip in May at the Boardwalk, BUT we booked club level for our December trip!! So excited! It's our first time at this resort, so I hope we love it!

Old 04-24-2013, 05:44 AM   #3148
MUDisneyCouple
Thank God for the DIS and all you helpful people!!!

Getting super excited about our first stay at BWV!! Reading that everyone is leaving for their trips has me really anticipating our departure in 33 days or so!

Quick question: do the 1br have an iPod/iPhone docking station? We use music to soothe the DD to sleep even tho she'll be pretty tuckered out from all the Disney fun, I just wanted to see if we needed to bring our own.
2003:Honeymoon-Wilderness Lodge; 2006:Spring Break-All Star Sports; 2007:2nd Honeymoon-Polynesian & DCL; 2007:1st Trip to DLR via Vegas; 2008:Badly needed trip to the World-Wilderness Lodge; 2008:1st Christmas Trip-Contemporary; 2009:What aren't we celebrating?!?!-Saratoga Springs; 2010:Alice's 1st Trip to WDW-Bay Lake Tower; 2011:Alice's 1st Trip to DLR-Grand Californian; 2012:Parents Getaway-Animal Kingdom Lodge; 2012 :Are we nuts? Yep!-Ft. Wilderness; 2012:Alice's 1st Christmas at WDW-Bay Lake Tower; 2013:Summer Fun-The Boardwalk; 2013:10th Anniversary Wine and Dine-Old Key West; 2014: Summer Wilderness Adventure-Wilderness Lodge Villas
Old 04-24-2013, 06:45 AM   #3149
renes
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsdocometrue9112 View Post
Not only will we be spending our trip in May at the Boardwalk, BUT we booked club level for our December trip!! So excited! It's our first time at this resort, so I hope we love it!
We love BWI Club level. We were there last week for the second time in 6 months. We have reservations for the TOT 10 miler in October at BWI but not club. Hoping for discounts so we can upgrade! You will love the CMs on club- so helpful and knowledgable. They definitely go the extra mile for you. Have a great time!
Old 04-24-2013, 09:42 AM   #3150
TheSilverTherapist
The Geekiest Guy You've Ever Met

BWV Waitlist

My parents were generous enough to lend us 50 DVC points which were exactly enough to spend 5 nights in a standard view studio at Boardwalk in September. The bad news was, only 4 of the nights we were able to go were available.

Luckily, we were able to get in at our backup at OKW which considering my history there is pretty awesome in its own right. But my wife kind had her heart set on BWV so we got ourselves on the waitlist.

My question is, what are our odds of getting into BWV for the last week in September before the Food and Wine festival? (Thursday will be our last night there, we're flying out late Friday evening, the first day of Food and Wine).

Do they not book every single studio available until they have a good idea for just how many two-bedrooms are going to be needed? (Since the studios are the second bedroom for those). I'm just sorta curious. OKW would not be disappointing, but BWV would be extra special.
Sep 2008 - CSR (1st Wedding Anniversary) Sep 2009 - BCV
Sep 2013 - AoA, OKW (30th Birthday)

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: