Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 05:24 PM   #2956
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
It's easy doing it at the IG since it's rarely busy, then you can get your TIW, too if it's expired. We like exchanging our military AP vouchers and getting TIW there.
Thanks for the tip! We plan to hit Epcot as soon as we arrive so this will work out perfectly coming from BWV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney-Kim View Post
if we do online check in do we still get to check in with a person? so I can be sure I am happy with the location of the room?

just wanted to ask
Absolutely, you just go in a different line at the front desk, marked "online check-in." They give you a packet, give you quick info & off you go!

Is there a place to refill mugs at the temporary Boardwalk Bakery tent?

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
Old 03-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #2957
DebbieB
DVC Member BWV 99
You have to compare apples to apples

Quote:
Originally Posted by bltman View Post
Recently switched from staying at the Swan to staying at BWI (Standard View). Online check-in gives me the option of requesting what floor I would prefer to be on. Any floor better than any other? I presume for a standard view it probably does not make much of a difference. Thoughts?
I would be more concerned about requesting a garden/courtyard view, you may have to call for that. Standard view can also face the front driveway, which I would try to avoid.
Register to remove

Old 03-24-2013, 02:56 AM   #2958
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbieB View Post
I would be more concerned about requesting a garden/courtyard view, you may have to call for that. Standard view can also face the front driveway, which I would try to avoid.
This is my worry, I was spoilt with the garden view last year and wouldn't want a driveway view, are there many of these driveway view rooms?
Old 03-24-2013, 05:22 AM   #2959
fla4fun
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney-Kim View Post
if we do online check in do we still get to check in with a person? so I can be sure I am happy with the location of the room?

last time we did online checkin was 2009 I think....we still checked in with someone...it seems more automated now

just wanted to ask
Yes, you do. However, if you have a room request that will make or break your vacation, it may be better to wait and check in at the front desk.

Online check in gives first priority to getting you into an available room. They will fill any requests they can, but if the choice is between giving you your request or getting you into a room based on your arrival time, arrival time wins out. Although you can change rooms, based on my experience watching others go through this process, it appears to take longer than if you had just waited and done regular check in anyway.

I've done online check in for every trip but one since it's been offered (they wouldn't let us use it opening day at BLT) and I haven't been disapointed in a room location or view yet. But I tend to make very general requests like "upper floor" or "near transportation". For my last BWV trip earlier this month, my request was "near lobby", I did online check in, and I was placed on the lobby level, three rooms down from the elevators - just far enough that it wasn't noisy, and close enough for the convenience I wanted.
Old 03-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #2960
jsilvers
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
So you will have a pool/garden view (that's standard for cash reservations through DRC).
Can you explain if this is based on experience, or something else? I have a cash villa reservation, but the confirmation is for "Standard View".
Walt Disney World – 5/02 (CBR), 12/03 (CSR), 9/04 (WL), 9/05 (WL), 2/06 (CR), 8/06 (CSR), 10/06 (POR), 1/07 (WL), 10/07 (Poly), 1/08 (POFQ), 5/08 (WL), 10/08 (WL), 1/09 (WL), 5/09 (BC), 7/09 (WL), 10/09 (WL), 1/10 (WL), 4/10 (Pop), 5/11 (WL), 8/11 (CR), 12/11 (CR), 4/12 (YC), 1/13 (Poly), 3/13 (Pop), 5/13 (BWV), 9/13 (WL), 12/13 (Poly)
Tokyo Disney Resort – 6/07, 8/07, 11/07, 3/08, 7/08, 10/08, 6/09, 10/09, 12/09, 1/10, 4/10, 11/12 (Ambassador)
Disney Cruise Line – 10/07 (Wonder-PC to Nassau/CC), 8/12 (Magic-NY to Nowhere)
Disneyland – 3/05, 10/11 (GC), 10/13 (GC/ABD-Backstage Magic)
Old 03-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #2961
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Where is the closest mug refill place from BWV? Bellevue Lounge? Or something on The Boardwalk itself?

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
Old 03-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #2962
Disbug
WL Vet
Has recommendations from very important people!
I believe in finding enchantment wherever it may be found!
Has a couple of princesses of her own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraPA View Post
Where is the closest mug refill place from BWV? Bellevue Lounge? Or something on The Boardwalk itself?
Boardwalk Joe's Coffee Cart, Boardwalk Pizza Window, Seashore Sweets, and the Boardwalk Bakery (when it reopens).... I would think the pool bar would also refill these mugs? Someone else might need to confirm that last one, though!
Old 03-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #2963
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disbug View Post
Boardwalk Joe's Coffee Cart, Boardwalk Pizza Window, Seashore Sweets, and the Boardwalk Bakery (when it reopens).... I would think the pool bar would also refill these mugs? Someone else might need to confirm that last one, though!
Depending on where you are in the villas, I would argue that the Bellvue Lounge is closest if you are nearer the elevators. If you're in the low numbers, ducking down the stairs to Leaping Horse Libations,

Old 03-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #2964
cruella4me64
Mouseketeer

Is it embarrassing to ask if there is some sort of Crock-Pot Borrow/Pass Along List? Haha So excited to be staying in a studio villa this December, however, not much meal preparation equipment. Will be flying, assuming renting a car as usual. Obviously not planning on full meals, but a Crock-Pot would be very convenient. I've been a subscriber to this thread in anticipation of staying here, so, hey everyone!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #2965
LSchrow
We're eating brussel sprouts & asparagus on the budget board
(pulling up a chair) I like drunk & happy better...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsilvers View Post
Can you explain if this is based on experience, or something else? I have a cash villa reservation, but the confirmation is for "Standard View".
deb/bills answer was correct, as usual (except for any mention of how far the parking is - sorry, couldn't resist )
all DVC resort bookings thru DRC are called "standard view".
only when booking with DVC points or trade in from RCI are there any view options: standard (driveway, front of resort), preferred pool/garden, and preferred BW view.
btw, BWV BW view can only be booked on points (not even with DVC member cash discount - and yes, personal experience ). DVC standard and BW views account for only 20% (each) of the resort, and both are booked early by BWV owners.
the other 60% (preferred pool/garden) villas is what DRC refers to as standard.
hth
Old 03-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #2966
MissionMouse
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disbug View Post
... I would think the pool bar would also refill these mugs? Someone else might need to confirm that last one, though!
Yes it does, but it has shorter hours then many of the other locations you mentioned. Great for swimming during the day, but as evening approaches it closes.

Disney World - Magic Kingdom Entrance - Walk Around The World Brick Owner
Boardwalk Inn Photos
Typhoon Lagoon Photos
Wishes-Fireworks from PR & MK Photo Album - 30 Photos
Sea World and Marriott Rennaissance SW - Photo Album - 40+ Photos
Disney World Park and Deluxe Resort Photographs
Old 03-24-2013, 08:09 PM   #2967
Rafikifan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla4fun View Post
Yes, you do. However, if you have a room request that will make or break your vacation, it may be better to wait and check in at the front desk.

Online check in gives first priority to getting you into an available room. They will fill any requests they can, but if the choice is between giving you your request or getting you into a room based on your arrival time, arrival time wins out. Although you can change rooms, based on my experience watching others go through this process, it appears to take longer than if you had just waited and done regular check in anyway.

I've done online check in for every trip but one since it's been offered (they wouldn't let us use it opening day at BLT) and I haven't been disapointed in a room location or view yet. But I tend to make very general requests like "upper floor" or "near transportation". For my last BWV trip earlier this month, my request was "near lobby", I did online check in, and I was placed on the lobby level, three rooms down from the elevators - just far enough that it wasn't noisy, and close enough for the convenience I wanted.
Fla4Fun, may I ask whether you'd booked a standard or preferred view? The view is not our top priority but would like to be close to lobby/elevators. We've stayed towards an end with stairs nearby in the past, but due to a knee injury I can't do the stairs anymore
Old 03-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #2968
RAD
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla4fun View Post
Online check in gives first priority to getting you into an available room. They will fill any requests they can, but if the choice is between giving you your request or getting you into a room based on your arrival time, arrival time wins out.
I did online checkin today and was given the option to select two out of four room requests. There was also a selection to say if checkin time or room requests was the priority so it looks like you now have an option of which is more important.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:36 AM   #2969
Jasperann
DIS Veteran

We are staying at the BWI in a little more than a month. I'm so excited it is our first Deluxe stay.

One of my kids has a strange question. He is obsessed with Alligators. He wants to know if anyone has ever seen one in the water near the Boardwalk? I know I've seen video of some at other resorts. Honestly, they scare me to death. So I'd be happy to hear a no, even though I do know they live in the water in FL.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:52 AM   #2970
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperann View Post
We are staying at the BWI in a little more than a month. I'm so excited it is our first Deluxe stay.

One of my kids has a strange question. He is obsessed with Alligators. He wants to know if anyone has ever seen one in the water near the Boardwalk? I know I've seen video of some at other resorts. Honestly, they scare me to death. So I'd be happy to hear a no, even though I do know they live in the water in FL.
We've seen one across the water at the BCVillas.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: