Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 04:18 AM   #2911
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

From the latest AllEars Newsletter:

-- Disney's BoardWalk Inn and Villas has seen an interesting transformation over the past few years at BoardWalk Joe's! This spot used to be for coffee and pastries, and has now gone full-fledged Margarita Bar!

-- The Flying Fish Cafe Beer Dinner on Disney World's Boardwalk has changed dates from March 29 to April 12, 2013.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:34 AM   #2912
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Not too private at all. This trip is not a surprise. She and I go together once a year and we've been doing that since she was about 4. She told me that planning our trips is half the fun, so never, ever spring one on her. DH is not a Disney guy although he went with me last week. I'm the real Disney geek of the family, but DD is a good enabler. I had a good BB offer at BWI and BW is DD's favorite resort, so I booked BWI. She and I have stayed at BWV two times, but I thought she would like the bit more luxurious BWI for a celebration trip.

We haven't made any ADR's yet. We just haven't had a chance to talk about things. She has been really busy with school, college decisions, etc. I tried to talk with her about dining options the other night and she said, "Mom, I'd love to discuss this with you, but I'm tired and I just want to watch Duck Dynasty." That made me laugh. I'm going to let her choose three TS dinners and I'll arrange for some sort of special mention at one of them. She isn't a cake person and would rather have a scrumptious creme brulee or similar dessert, so I don't think we'll be going the cake route.

I know we'll have a fun trip. It will be bitter-sweet for me though. She is my only child and is just a lovely young lady.
I have an only, too so your post is particularly meaningful. You and DD will have to spend some time this weekend making up a good ADR list. You and she might enjoy some of the newest cupcakes at DHS... Lemon Meringue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Grandma View Post
My DD will be 32 this year and we still do at least one special trip every year! Daughters are the best! And as far as desserts go all I can say is .... maple creme brulee!!!
Oh, how sweet Linda, but really, ALL your trips are special

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post
Just switched our reservation from GF to BWI water view. I'm so excited because this is our favorite resort and we haven't been here since 2009. Wanted the kids to stay at GF at least once but I kept thinking about BW.

Can't wait!!
Congratulations and happy planning, abk96!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mademluc View Post
Our trip is a graduation gift to our eldest daughter as well. Disney was her choice and the BWI was the sentimental favorite as we celebrated her 8th grade graduation there. We're splitting the stay with YC this time but saving the best? for last. The only thing I'm desperate to get for her is the graduation ears. I've been told they come out later in the spring but I'm petrified I'll miss the window to get them.
We're just so proud of her, she was accepted to her "reach" school and we want to have a lovely celebration in honor of her and all the hard work it took to get where she is.
Another perfect graduation trip. I would love to see some pictures of everyone wearing their graduation ears in a few months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Two years ago I had to buy nine sets of graduation ears. I was in Orlando then for business in early March and found them in the World of Disney. Call the shopping line and see if you can get them. If you wait too long they will be sold out.
Nine sets? You must have cleaned the place out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete W. View Post
Yes, Leaping Horse Libations reopened when the pool reopened a couple weeks ago. They do have a limited menu of sandwiches and snacks.

Quote:
There are two graduation mouse ears this year. I bought one for my DD when DH and I was there earlier this month. One has the ears on top of of the mortar board and those CANNOT be embroidered. One has a mini mortar board between the ears and it CAN be embroidered. We could only find the first at MK, but we found both at Epcot. I got the one that could be embroidered and had DD's first name embroidered on it. They are dark blue with a gold tassle and gold "Class of 2013" lettering. I chose to put DD's name in white because her school colors are blue and white. So, you might want to call back and make sure they know there is one version that can be embroidered. DD says that she is planning to where it everywhere when we go back in August.
Great information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by weswife View Post
this will be our 1st BWV stay!!!! We are so excited!!!

We did book a HC room as our DD uses a wheelchair. I am curious if any one has information on the wheelchair accessible rooms? We booked a preferred location.
Congratulations on your first stay at BWV, weswife!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disbug View Post
Hello! If you booked a Preferred View (PV) you will most likely get a pool view or a garden view room. The Boardwalk Views are the ones who usually have the Lake View or "water view". There is only ONE elevator and it is near the Lobby. Did you book a 1-Bedroom or a Deluxe Studio? The 1-BDRM will be more spacious and easier to move around. That would be the smallest room size I would book for our family when we bring our youngest daughter. I hope you love the resort... our DD12 is also in a wheelchair and it is a favorite of ours.
More great information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poohs Pal View Post
We stay in a 2br. I have an adult son in a wheelchair. We find the living room to be roomy enough. We do have the coffee table removed from the room. We call housekeeping and they send someone up to remove it. I also rent a lift recliner for Dson from a local DME and everyone still gets around with no problems. BWV is our favorite location to stay but BLT has the best living room for Dson and a awesome kitchen.
Yet again, more great information - thanks.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-20-2013, 04:53 AM   #2913
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

OMG its 9.50 am and I so want one of those Margaritas, bad Mickey for tempting me , I'll be good and have a coffee instead .

Any news on the Bakery, is it going to have a seated area?
Old 03-20-2013, 07:04 AM   #2914
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

We are 32 days away today from a lot of "firsts"

Our 1st trip without kids since our Honeymoon 1989.

1st stay at the BWI.

1st CL stay anywhere else besides the Poly.

1st time flying to WDW (we always drive) since our Honeymoon.

DH is so busy with tax season that he hardly has time to talk about our plans but is very excited!
Old 03-20-2013, 07:49 AM   #2915
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post

1st stay at the BWI.

DH is so busy with tax season that he hardly has time to talk about our plans but is very excited!
That is so exciting! Can't wait to hear about your trip.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-CL and BWI

Old 03-20-2013, 08:11 AM   #2916
kmermaid
DIS Veteran

Could someone chime in if there are any hot tubs available other than at the main pool?
Old 03-20-2013, 08:23 AM   #2917
Chaoticsweetness
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmermaid
Could someone chime in if there are any hot tubs available other than at the main pool?
There is one at the quiet pool.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:37 AM   #2918
weswife
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the info! We are staying in a deluxe studio. We are a family of 4 on this trip. We are so excited! I have been reading every bit of info I can.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:02 AM   #2919
Cobern
DIS Veteran

Which would be better for a family of 4 with 2 kids under 3. A studio or a one bedroom. The price difference is abut $500 for 4 nights but didn't know if it was really worth it.
May 2014 - Coronado Springs
May 2014 - Villas at Wilderness Lodge Studio
Old 03-20-2013, 09:07 AM   #2920
Disbug
WL Vet
Has recommendations from very important people!
I believe in finding enchantment wherever it may be found!
Has a couple of princesses of her own!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mademluc View Post
... The only thing was I couldn't get them embroidered/personalized. Now, I just have to figure out how to get her name on them and keep it hidden until we arrive.
If you have a super Wal-Mart you might want to check if they have an embroidery shop inside.... ours does. It also has a bank and a Nail Salon! LOL!
Old 03-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #2921
Disbug
WL Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
Which would be better for a family of 4 with 2 kids under 3. A studio or a one bedroom. The price difference is abut $500 for 4 nights but didn't know if it was really worth it.
For us, we would choose the 1-BDRM. You have a place for the kiddos to sleep separate from yourselves for a little privacy. In a studio, everyone is together in the same room so everyone goes to sleep at the same time. If you want to stay up and watch some TV you can do that in the 1BDRM because you have a TV in your room. You also have a much larger bathroom with a whirlpool tub (heavenly at the end of the day!) Another perk is you get a full kitchen, AND... wait for it.... a WASHER and DRYER in the room!

Your children are still small though, so a Deluxe Studio would still work, and hey... saving $500 is nothing to sneeze at! Enjoy your trip.... you will have fun either way!

Last edited by Disbug; 03-20-2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Add more information.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:13 AM   #2922
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolyAddict View Post

1st stay at the BWI.

I'll also be at BWV the same time you are, on a Girls Trip. Maybe we'll get to meet! I'm there 4/21-25. I just got back last night from Wl/AKV & am already dying to get back in 4 weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobern View Post
For $500 I'd want the space, full kitchen & washer & dryer in the 1BR but that's just me. Space & laundry are very important to our family, but might not be to yours. If you don't plan on using laundry, can get by with small fridge & microwave, I'd go with the studio & save the $500. It will have a bed & a pullout couch - which I wouldn't recommend for 4 people BUT your little ones are really little so they could easily share the sofa bed. Or even sleep on the couch together as is, one at each end. Wait if they're both under 3 you might need the pack-n-play. That will take up a lot of room by the sofa, bu do-able if you don't mind manuevering around it to get to the balcony. I always stress about where the kids will sleep (they're 15 & 12 & won't share a bed) & one usually ends up sleeping on the floor anyway!

Good luck whatever you decide & have fun!

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
Old 03-20-2013, 09:28 AM   #2923
Niewoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Not too private at all. This trip is not a surprise. She and I go together once a year and we've been doing that since she was about 4. She told me that planning our trips is half the fun, so never, ever spring one on her. DH is not a Disney guy although he went with me last week. I'm the real Disney geek of the family, but DD is a good enabler. I had a good BB offer at BWI and BW is DD's favorite resort, so I booked BWI. She and I have stayed at BWV two times, but I thought she would like the bit more luxurious BWI for a celebration trip.

We haven't made any ADR's yet. We just haven't had a chance to talk about things. She has been really busy with school, college decisions, etc. I tried to talk with her about dining options the other night and she said, "Mom, I'd love to discuss this with you, but I'm tired and I just want to watch Duck Dynasty." That made me laugh. I'm going to let her choose three TS dinners and I'll arrange for some sort of special mention at one of them. She isn't a cake person and would rather have a scrumptious creme brulee or similar dessert, so I don't think we'll be going the cake route.

I know we'll have a fun trip. It will be bitter-sweet for me though. She is my only child and is just a lovely young lady.
It is so sweet that you and DD have been going to WDW with each other every year! I have an "only" as well (DS5) and hope that we will continue our trips as he gets older, too!!

DVC members since 7/12

Disney Surprise (DS at age 3) best part is at the end... if you've never seen a kid not want to go to disney world, it's worth your time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjDvh5vxhh8
Old 03-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #2924
Disbug
WL Vet

Quote:

In the past we have stayed at PoP, CBR, CSR, Movies and WL. All of the HC rooms had a king size bed and we are a family of 4. They had to give us an adjoining room..... I am hoping the villas have enough room for my DD to move in her chair.
Weswife, just thought of something else... since you are staying in a Deluxe HA Studio, you will be getting one queen bed and one double-sleeper sofa. The sleeper sofa is not that comfy for teenagers on up to sleep on. You might consider bringing an egg-crate foam topper to help out with that. Also, DVC will not give you an adjoining room. What you book is what you will receive, so this may be a little cramped for what you are used to. Have a fun trip with your family!
Old 03-20-2013, 10:31 AM   #2925
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Nine sets? You must have cleaned the place out.
Yeh, pretty much for that day. We took our son and eight of his friends to WDW right after graduation for a week. Being DVC members we booked a Grand Villa at OKW.

Quote:
this will be our 1st BWV stay!!!! We are so excited!!!

We did book a HC room as our DD uses a wheelchair. I am curious if any one has information on the wheelchair accessible rooms? We booked a preferred location.
Is she in a powerchair or manual chair? With a power chair it might be hard to transfer to the bed from the chair. The double sleeper sofa is right next to the queen sized bed and there isn't a whole lot of space between them.

The sleeper sofa is the better of the two types of sleeper sofas in the DVC villas. The bed flips from the back and the cushions stay attached to the bed to support the foot of the bed.

You will probably have no tub and only a roll in shower in the bathroom.

And they won't give you another room because you are four in a studio with someone in a wheelchair.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: