Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #2896
Pete W.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunangst View Post
Is the bar open at the Luna Park pool? Where can I get sandwiches/salads to go to munch poolside while Boardwalk Bakery is closed? I arrive on March 30th. Thanks!
Yes, Leaping Horse Libations reopened when the pool reopened a couple weeks ago. They do have a limited menu of sandwiches and snacks.
Old 03-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #2897
mademluc
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Two years ago I had to buy nine sets of graduation ears. I was in Orlando then for business in early March and found them in the World of Disney. Call the shopping line and see if you can get them. If you wait too long they will be sold out.
Thanks so much for this. I had been checking on-line and nothing. Called the theme park shopping line and voila! The only thing was I couldn't get them embroidered/personalized. Now, I just have to figure out how to get her name on them and keep it hidden until we arrive.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 03-19-2013, 12:53 PM   #2898
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

I have a question about getting out of the resort and going to Epcot.

Is there an exit down near ESPN on the side maybe that you are allowed out like there is at BC?

We are staying Club level so if anyone has any tips that would be great.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Old 03-19-2013, 01:10 PM   #2899
Niewoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abk96 View Post

Is there an exit down near ESPN on the side maybe that you are allowed out like there is at BC?

There is a beautiful walkway that connects to the boardwalk. You can walk to EP just by strolling down the boardwalk past ESPN Zone. You can also take a boat... The boat pick-up/dock is near the bakery. It's an awesome location!!

DVC members since 7/12

Disney Surprise (DS at age 3) best part is at the end... if you've never seen a kid not want to go to disney world, it's worth your time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjDvh5vxhh8
Old 03-19-2013, 01:33 PM   #2900
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I don't think that there is an exit door that opens directly unto the Boardwalk from the guest rooms near ESPN or any of the restaurants on that side. I hope someone can show me that I'm wrong, but the only door that we found that opened on that side of the resort was close to center section, near the Flying Fish restaurant.

Next up: YC - Sept 24th to 28th and WL - Oct 22 - 27, 2014
BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 03-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #2901
abk96
Remember the true heroes, our police, firefighters, and the brave men and women in the military. Thank you for keeping us safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
I don't think that there is an exit door that opens directly unto the Boardwalk from the guest rooms near ESPN or any of the restaurants on that side. I hope someone can show me that I'm wrong, but the only door that we found that opened on that side of the resort was close to center section, near the Flying Fish restaurant.
That's what I thought. When we used to stay at BWV it didn't matter if we had to go out the lobby because we were headed in that direction.

Just trying to not back track if we are down at the other end of the Inn near Epcot.
July'09 BWV--June'12 BC-CL--July/Aug'13 BWI-CL--July/Aug'14 GF-SL and BWI--Feb'15 Sports

Old 03-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #2902
abk96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niewoe View Post
There is a beautiful walkway that connects to the boardwalk. You can walk to EP just by strolling down the boardwalk past ESPN Zone. You can also take a boat... The boat pick-up/dock is near the bakery. It's an awesome location!!
Yes it is an awesome location. This will be our 4th stay at the BW but our 1st for the Inn side of the resort. We love the BW.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:03 PM   #2903
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mademluc View Post
Thanks so much for this. I had been checking on-line and nothing. Called the theme park shopping line and voila! The only thing was I couldn't get them embroidered/personalized. Now, I just have to figure out how to get her name on them and keep it hidden until we arrive.
There are two graduation mouse ears this year. I bought one for my DD when DH and I was there earlier this month. One has the ears on top of of the mortar board and those CANNOT be embroidered. One has a mini mortar board between the ears and it CAN be embroidered. We could only find the first at MK, but we found both at Epcot. I got the one that could be embroidered and had DD's first name embroidered on it. They are dark blue with a gold tassle and gold "Class of 2013" lettering. I chose to put DD's name in white because her school colors are blue and white. So, you might want to call back and make sure they know there is one version that can be embroidered. DD says that she is planning to where it everywhere when we go back in August.

Old 03-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #2904
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood Nymph View Post
You are correct. While it's kind of annoying when you're trying to leave from that end of BWI, I liked that it wasn't opened up to lots of people just wandering in from the boardwalk. It was very peaceful in the gardens located within the walls (so to speak).

Old 03-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #2905
weswife
DIS Veteran

this will be our 1st BWV stay!!!! We are so excited!!!

We did book a HC room as our DD uses a wheelchair. I am curious if any one has information on the wheelchair accessible rooms? We booked a preferred location.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:16 PM   #2906
Poohs Pal
DIS Veteran
Beautiful and smart so she says

Quote:
Originally Posted by weswife View Post

We did book a HC room as our DD uses a wheelchair. I am curious if any one has information on the wheelchair accessible rooms? We booked a preferred location.
What info would you like. What size room did you book.
Old 03-19-2013, 07:31 PM   #2907
weswife
DIS Veteran

I was wondering where they are located. I booked a preferred location, maybe a water view? In the past we have stayed at PoP, CBR, CSR, Movies and WL. All of the HC rooms had a king size bed and we are a family of 4. They had to give us an adjoining room..... I am hoping the villas have enough room for my DD to move in her chair. We are so excited to stay at BWV! We are going on points! DD picked the resort, she loves that area! I know she will be ok in the roll in shower as every resort we stayed at in the past was great! Is there an elevator? The pics are beautiful! Any other info you have would be wonderful
Old 03-19-2013, 07:39 PM   #2908
Niewoe
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Yes it is an awesome location. This will be our 4th stay at the BW but our 1st for the Inn side of the resort. We love the BW.
Sorry! I misunderstood your question!! (Obviously!) hope you discover a hidden passage on that side!!

DVC members since 7/12

Disney Surprise (DS at age 3) best part is at the end... if you've never seen a kid not want to go to disney world, it's worth your time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjDvh5vxhh8
Old 03-19-2013, 08:36 PM   #2909
Disbug
WL Vet
Has recommendations from very important people!
I believe in finding enchantment wherever it may be found!
Has a couple of princesses of her own!

Quote:

Quote:

I was wondering where they are located. I booked a preferred location, maybe a water view? In the past we have stayed at PoP, CBR, CSR, Movies and WL. All of the HC rooms had a king size bed and we are a family of 4. They had to give us an adjoining room..... I am hoping the villas have enough room for my DD to move in her chair. We are so excited to stay at BWV! We are going on points! DD picked the resort, she loves that area! I know she will be ok in the roll in shower as every resort we stayed at in the past was great! Is there an elevator? The pics are beautiful! Any other info you have would be wonderful
Hello! If you booked a Preferred View (PV) you will most likely get a pool view or a garden view room. The Boardwalk Views are the ones who usually have the Lake View or "water view". There is only ONE elevator and it is near the Lobby. Did you book a 1-Bedroom or a Deluxe Studio? The 1-BDRM will be more spacious and easier to move around. That would be the smallest room size I would book for our family when we bring our youngest daughter. I hope you love the resort... our DD12 is also in a wheelchair and it is a favorite of ours.

Last edited by Disbug; 03-19-2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Add more info....
Old 03-20-2013, 12:16 AM   #2910
Poohs Pal
DIS Veteran
Beautiful and smart so she says

Quote:

We stay in a 2br. I have an adult son in a wheelchair. We find the living room to be roomy enough. We do have the coffee table removed from the room. We call housekeeping and they send someone up to remove it. I also rent a lift recliner for Dson from a local DME and everyone still gets around with no problems. BWV is our favorite location to stay but BLT has the best living room for Dson and a awesome kitchen.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: