Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #2791
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandite View Post
Quick question. I am renting DVC points and have the first four nights booked for a Garden View. Are the garden view rooms near the elevators? On the very first map it just shows garden view and water view rooms clumped as one. Also, do you know if you can normally see any fireworks from garden view? We are soooo excited!!!!
Garden view could be very close to the elevator or it could be at the end of the hallway (a long way from the single elevator bank). Garden/water view are the inner rooms along side the leisure pool and Luna Park pool Or they might be the Village Green area (looks out towards the area between BWI and BWV towards the lagoon, not towards the parking lot - those are standard view). So you'll be pretty much facing away from Epcot except for some of the Village Green villas.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:57 PM   #2792
Sandi
A proud Spartans fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachTI View Post
The quiet pools weren't crowded at all. More of a crowd at SAB. But then again it was in the lower 40s for the first few days I was there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post

I know this was for Coach, but just wanted to add that during our late January/early February stay, we LOVED the pool closure! The ability to stay at BWI CL (which we love love love) and use SAB at the same time was wonderful!! The golf cart transport was nice - we used it if it was right there when we were ready to leave, but otherwise the walk is short. As for crowds, absolutely no problems. SAB was hopping, but not crowded. And the BWI quiet pool was nearly empty, even though the weather was beautiful - 70s and 80s during our stay. I discovered how much I really love the quiet pool at BWI - it's now my favorite quiet pool in all of WDW!

Granted, we were there at a slower time generally, but it was wonderful. We miss BWI!!!
Thank you both! It's just me and DH for this trip, so we were mostly wanting to use the quiet pools and hot spas. If DD was coming, we would have liked to use SAB. Sounds like things will be great for us. 4 more sleeps!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #2793
Cshel85
Mouseketeer

Is CL worth it at BWI

We stayed CL at WL last July right at the end of renovations, my husband and I are coming just the two of us in May, sort of a belated honeymoon, I have booked a standard room, is CL worth it at BWI or since it is just the two of us should we just eat out. WL CL was great when we had our boys with us they loved it!

May 1999 Swan
August 2000 Port Orleans Riverside
July 2012 Wilderness Lodge Club Level
May 2013 Boardwalk Inn
July 2014 Boardwalk Villas

Old 02-27-2013, 02:47 PM   #2794
Belle72
Mouseketeer

Can anyone tell me if the Board Walk bakery "tent" sells the small Mickey cakes? The individual sized Mickey heads.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:53 PM   #2795
Dreamsdocometrue9112
"hang onto your hats and glasses 'cause this here's the wildest ride in the wilderness!"

Hi everyone!

We (DH and I) will be staying at BWI for the first time this December! We are very excited. The only other deluxe we have stayed at was GF for our honeymoon and we loved it, but we want to try different resorts. Other than GF, we have only done values (which we enjoy). I'm so excited to be staying at an EPCOT resort! Are there any "must-dos" when staying at BWI? We will be there for 9 nights and really want to take it all in!

Old 02-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #2796
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

From AllEars

From now through the beginning of March, Walt Disney World will be upgrading its complimentary Wi-Fi internet service at the resorts, Downtown Disney and in the theme parks. As a result, there may be brief service interruptions, of only five minutes' duration at any given time or location. Note that Wi-Fi is not available at Walt Disney World water park and miniature golf locations, or while on Walt Disney World transportation.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #2797
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cshel85 View Post
We stayed CL at WL last July right at the end of renovations, my husband and I are coming just the two of us in May, sort of a belated honeymoon, I have booked a standard room, is CL worth it at BWI or since it is just the two of us should we just eat out. WL CL was great when we had our boys with us they loved it!
Congratulations on booking! Will you be at the resort to utilize the lounge? Will you use the IPO?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle72 View Post
Can anyone tell me if the Board Walk bakery "tent" sells the small Mickey cakes? The individual sized Mickey heads.
I think that Pixarmom posted a photo of the menu. Let me go find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamsdocometrue9112 View Post
Hi everyone!

We (DH and I) will be staying at BWI for the first time this December! We are very excited. The only other deluxe we have stayed at was GF for our honeymoon and we loved it, but we want to try different resorts. Other than GF, we have only done values (which we enjoy). I'm so excited to be staying at an EPCOT resort! Are there any "must-dos" when staying at BWI? We will be there for 9 nights and really want to take it all in!
Yippee! There is entertainment on the BoardWalk which is lots of fun and little shops to wander in to. Walking to Epcot and DHS is so convenient. You can also eat on the BW, YC/BC and Swolphin. You can also walk to Fantasia Gardens golf. Also, there is a Hess gas station right across the street from BWI, should you need something.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:46 PM   #2798
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR6 View Post
I posted this as it's own thread, but was asked to post it here also:

I've stayed at the Boardwalk Resort twice now (balcony view for the Honeymoon & Garden View for a quick trip to Food & Wine - finally got around to uploading a quick video I took while "testing" the video camera I got as a wedding present.

Check out the view... hope this helps anyone who's on the "edge" deciding which view...

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9hX-dx7Z3w - See more at: http://disboards.com/showthread.php?....Efu7zKIz.dpuf
Thank you for posting the link to your video here. We were there about the same time last year. I'll have to post your link to the first page
Old 02-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #2799
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone!

Yay! These are my "must-dos" at BWI, and since I can enjoy these things traveling with three active boys, you certainly can too!

First is wine on the balcony overlooking Crescent Lake. Also works with coffee. If you don't have a Boardwalk view room, the benches on the Boardwalk work too. Love the music. I know many don't think of BWI as peaceful because of the entertainers in the evening, but most of the time, it's just that relaxing music!

Second is CL at BWI. I'm a huge fan. It's a great value for us because we're a family of five. Our room was really close the lounge, and our boys are ages 6, 12 and 13. Our oldest babysits, so we were comfortable going across the hall to the lounge for a 30-minute mini date. So I can say I also love it as a party of two!

And finally, the quiet pool. You will all tire of me raving about the quiet pool soon. I mean, it's just a pool, right? No! It's a wonderful, quiet, tucked away setting in the peaceful gardens. Love it!

And in response to the question about the Boardwalk Bakery tent, I think this is all I have:

Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 02-27-2013, 08:41 PM   #2800
WDWKOOK

Thank you for posting your photos and menu, pixarmom
Old 02-27-2013, 08:47 PM   #2801
psac
DIS Veteran

Not a huge wine drinker myself, but LOVE the picture with the wine glass. Excellent.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 02-27-2013, 08:56 PM   #2802
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi everyone!

Jellyrolls! It's become our new must-do evening activity.

Seriously, you're going to love BW. Just remember to take the time to take in the details of the resort. Sit on the rocking chairs near the lobby and watch the people below. Watch Illuminations one night from the benches down near Jellyrolls and Atlantic Dance Hall. And the early mornings on the BW are just gorgeous.

Enjoy all the amazing food options in the Epcot resort area (don't forget the Swan and Dolphin, their restaurants are amazing!).

When you watch Illuminations in the World Showcase, wait for people to clear out after the show. There's nothing like having the WS to yourself as yo leisurely stroll back to your resort.

Enjoy your trip.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Old 02-27-2013, 10:58 PM   #2803
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Thank you for posting your photos and menu, pixarmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Not a huge wine drinker myself, but LOVE the picture with the wine glass. Excellent.
Happy to post! I'm not the best photographer, but it's fun to share some happiness from BWI!

For those who prefer a different beverage, here's my coffee on the balcony!

Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 02-28-2013, 05:15 AM   #2804
WDWKOOK

Love all the "must-dos." I'm going to compile them later today for the first page - thanks!

pixarmom, what's in that coffee?
Old 02-28-2013, 10:28 AM   #2805
ArmyVet80
Mouseketeer

My DW and I are going to stay at BWI for the first time this year. She is going to run the Wine and Dine Half Marathon with 2-3 of her coworkers. I would run it but recently dislocated my knee cap which has put training on hold for at least 9 weeks. Grrr.. The pictures that everyone has posted are awesome. We are really excited. We have stayed at POFQ, All-Star Music, and CSR. This will be our 4th trip to Disney World in our 4 years of being married. Obviously we are very committed to keeping up with the tradition that we started on our honeymoon.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: