Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 08:02 AM   #2776
PolyAddict
Our City Our Home...Finish Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
In case you missed this News from AllEars:

The BoardWalk Bakery is undergoing renovations now through April 26, 2013. The renovation will include a new entrance, queue area, and refillable mug station. When the bakery reopens, the menu will include soups, sandwiches, and salads. During the closure, some bakery goodies will be sold from a temporary tent set up outside on the boardwalk. You'll find the tent located between the BoardWalk To Go kiosk and BoardWalk Joe's Margarita Bar. The temporary location will offer a limited selection of pastries, sandwiches, snacks, and drinks, and will be open from 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. The Belle Vue Lounge, off of the hotel's main lobby, will still be open for continental breakfast as usual. For guests who are using refillable mugs, you'll still be able to pick up the mugs at the temporary tent location, or at Seashore Sweets, located adjacent to the Bakery. Guests can refill their mugs at the temporary location from 6:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. daily. After 11 a.m., refills will be available at the Boardwalk Pizza Window until midnight. Guests can also refill their mugs during these hours at Belle Vue Lounge, Seashore Sweets, and Leaping Horse. (Note also that Leaping Horse is also closed during the scheduled pool renovation through early March.)
This stinks so bad as that is our departure day. I could care less about the pool but really wanted to have the bakery available.
Old 02-27-2013, 10:51 AM   #2777
dunangst
Mouseketeer

Front desk at Boardwalk just told me Luna Park pool at Boardwalk is scheduled to reopen March 1st. Is anyone else getting similar information? We are visiting March 30 and the pool is a big deal for our son.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #2778
CoachTI
Walt could be my uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi

Thanks Coach! I want to sneak in to see the Bakery. It needed major expansion, so I'm really curious about what they're doing. Did you notice whether the quiet pools were a lot busier or were most people heading over to SAB? (Or, maybe it was too cold when you were there.) I hope you had a good time.
The quiet pools weren't crowded at all. More of a crowd at SAB. But then again it was in the lower 40s for the first few days I was there.

Feb. 2012- CSR

Feb. 2013- BWV

Old 02-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #2779
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunangst View Post
Front desk at Boardwalk just told me Luna Park pool at Boardwalk is scheduled to reopen March 1st. Is anyone else getting similar information? We are visiting March 30 and the pool is a big deal for our son.
Was it the cast member standing at the physical front desk? Or did you call the "front desk?"
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Old 02-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #2780
CoachTI
Walt could be my uncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunangst
I think march 1st is a real possibility. When I saw the pool last week, it appeared all it needed was to be filled and would be ready. There didn't appear to be anymore major renovations going on.

Feb. 2012- CSR

Feb. 2013- BWV

Old 02-27-2013, 11:01 AM   #2781
dunangst
Mouseketeer

Thanks
Old 02-27-2013, 11:24 AM   #2782
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandi View Post
Thanks Coach! I want to sneak in to see the Bakery. It needed major expansion, so I'm really curious about what they're doing. Did you notice whether the quiet pools were a lot busier or were most people heading over to SAB? (Or, maybe it was too cold when you were there.) I hope you had a good time.
I know this was for Coach, but just wanted to add that during our late January/early February stay, we LOVED the pool closure! The ability to stay at BWI CL (which we love love love) and use SAB at the same time was wonderful!! The golf cart transport was nice - we used it if it was right there when we were ready to leave, but otherwise the walk is short. As for crowds, absolutely no problems. SAB was hopping, but not crowded. And the BWI quiet pool was nearly empty, even though the weather was beautiful - 70s and 80s during our stay. I discovered how much I really love the quiet pool at BWI - it's now my favorite quiet pool in all of WDW!

Granted, we were there at a slower time generally, but it was wonderful. We miss BWI!!!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 02-27-2013, 11:25 AM   #2783
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunangst View Post
That has been the tentative re-opening date. It should be open for your visit.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:26 AM   #2784
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post

I know this was for Coach, but just wanted to add that during our late January/early February stay, we LOVED the pool closure! The ability to stay at BWI CL (which we love love love) and use SAB at the same time was wonderful!! The golf cart transport was nice - we used it if it was right there when we were ready to leave, but otherwise the walk is short. As for crowds, absolutely no problems. SAB was hopping, but not crowded. And the BWI quiet pool was nearly empty, even though the weather was beautiful - 70s and 80s during our stay. I discovered how much I really love the quiet pool at BWI - it's my favorite quiet pool in all of WDW now!

Granted, we were there at a slower time generally, but it was wonderful. We miss BWI!!!
Sounds like it was the best of both worlds for you
Old 02-27-2013, 11:40 AM   #2785
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Sounds like it was the best of both worlds for you
It was! And I'm so happy to see that you'll be back at BWI soon. Our most recent stay really reinforced how much we love it there. The rooms, the club lounge, the CMs, the music, the beautiful water views . . .
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AOA/AKL/GF/Poly)
March/April 2015: WL/CR
Old 02-27-2013, 11:47 AM   #2786
Cshel85
Mouseketeer

My family stayed at WL CL last July and my husband and I are coming in May and staying at BWI, I so hope we like it. We want to be able to walk to Epcot and DHS and this time we are coming childess to celebrate our marriage that we never took a honeymoon for. I feel guilty not bringing my son, but I am looking foward to my husband and I being their alone..

May 1999 Swan
August 2000 Port Orleans Riverside
July 2012 Wilderness Lodge Club Level
May 2013 Boardwalk Inn
July 2014 Boardwalk Villas

Old 02-27-2013, 11:57 AM   #2787
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cshel85 View Post
My family stayed at WL CL last July and my husband and I are coming in May and staying at BWI, I so hope we like it. We want to be able to walk to Epcot and DHS and this time we are coming childess to celebrate our marriage that we never took a honeymoon for. I feel guilty not bringing my son, but I am looking foward to my husband and I being their alone..
I think BW is perfect for an adult couples trip, hope you really enjoy it. Happy belated honeymoon, even if it is many many years later!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 02-27-2013, 12:24 PM   #2788
Sandite
If only I had been a Halloween Baby!

Quick question. I am renting DVC points and have the first four nights booked for a Garden View. Are the garden view rooms near the elevators? On the very first map it just shows garden view and water view rooms clumped as one. Also, do you know if you can normally see any fireworks from garden view? We are soooo excited!!!!

SURPRISE MOMMY AND DAUGHTER TR! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2963399
Old 02-27-2013, 12:31 PM   #2789
bwang123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cshel85
my wife and i are staying at BWV in may for adult trip. we have dinner at bluezoo and will be spending a lot of time at epcot so it works perfectly. plus her favorite ride is TOT. i may now be able to try all the beers at Big River Grille too.

she feels guilty about not bringing the kids but they went last december and will again october 2013 so they will get over it.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #2790
Cshel85
Mouseketeer

I am hoping the bounce back offer is good when we go in May and I will just book our next trip with the kids while we are there. We are using the military discount this trip, not sure how long that will last, we used it last summer for our trip to WL CL.

May 1999 Swan
August 2000 Port Orleans Riverside
July 2012 Wilderness Lodge Club Level
May 2013 Boardwalk Inn
July 2014 Boardwalk Villas

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: