Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2012, 09:18 PM   #241
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
AAA is offering a 20% discount for our dates for BWI Villas so we are going to reserve it! I will jump on any AP or general discount if it comes out (I'm getting an AP for the first time ever this May). I'm so excited, I can really get pumped up now for staying here!

My extended family will be staying with me at CSR for 6 nights. Then me and the kids head to BWI Villas to meet dad (um their dad!, my DH!) for a long weekend. The only downside is that we are going in JULY! MY DH said he would never go back when it is that hot but I've promised him lots of swimming and waterparks if he needs it

I'd like to try a restaurant we haven't eaten at yet. We have stayed at BC before and been to Cape May (blah), Beaches n Cream (blah), but no other table service in the area (other than Epcot!) I was thinking Kouzzina - thoughts??
Among the Table Service Restaurants in the Epcot Resort Area I have been it has been the ESPN Club, Big River Grille & Brewing Works and Beaches & Cream.

Now my favorite is the ESPN Club and even though it's a sports themed location they happen to have a great menu. For example their Chicken Wings are amazing, Clam Chowder Soup is out of this world, Burgers are great and my favorite item on their menu is the ESPN Dinger Sandwich. Plus if there are no major sporting events going on you won't have any problems getting a table since they don't accept ADR's. Plus the boths and high top tables in the bar area are always open seating when they are available, so you just seat yourself. Of course you can also ask to be seated at a table in their dining room section. Finally they are open everyday until 1:30 AM so among the Table Service Restaurants they are open the latest.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:04 AM   #242
jenij
Earning My Ears

BWI or BWV

Hi. Thank you for all the wonderful information.
For our 10th anniversary trip, without our kids, I am going to use the 30% off deal. The BWV are about $100 more total for the 7 nights we are staying, when compared to the BWI.

I have only been able to narrow down the differences to these listed below. Are there more? Do you prefer one over the other?

Villas have a microwave, but it looks like one can be requested at the Inn.
Villas are spread out more
Inn has nicer comforters on the beds

What am I missing? Is it worth the $100 to have a villa. Daily housekeeping is provided since it isn't with points.

Thanks for your input.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-28-2012, 11:38 AM   #243
Tinkerbellie16
Certified Disneyaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
Hi Tinkerbellie 16! In the Epcot resorts area, we've taken the kids to Il Mulino, Bluezoo and Yachtsman and Flying Fish and would recommend all of those. (We've also been to ESPN, Captain's Grille, Cape May and Beaches and Cream, but it looks like you'd like something different!) I know all the restaurants I'm mentioning are signatures, but they are all great with kids. While the menus at Bluezoo and Flying Fish are most interesting to us, and everyone enjoyed Il Mulino, and there's just something about Yachtsman that actually puts it pretty high up on our list. That really surprised me - it was just a nice atmosphere, and I remember the CMs were particularly friendly with the kids during our most recent visit.

Anyway, can't get our kids into the Kouzzina menu - our oldest refuses to order "kid food" so menu is important. So I'll be interested to hear more opinions about it!
DH and DS LOVE a good steak and we haven't been to the Yachtsman so that's a good idea! I actually have been to Bluezoo (by myself) and that is good too. Good suggestions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Among the Table Service Restaurants in the Epcot Resort Area I have been it has been the ESPN Club, Big River Grille & Brewing Works and Beaches & Cream.

Now my favorite is the ESPN Club and even though it's a sports themed location they happen to have a great menu. For example their Chicken Wings are amazing, Clam Chowder Soup is out of this world, Burgers are great and my favorite item on their menu is the ESPN Dinger Sandwich. Plus if there are no major sporting events going on you won't have any problems getting a table since they don't accept ADR's. Plus the boths and high top tables in the bar area are always open seating when they are available, so you just seat yourself. Of course you can also ask to be seated at a table in their dining room section. Finally they are open everyday until 1:30 AM so among the Table Service Restaurants they are open the latest.
DH would really like ESPN Club. I like that we can belly up in the bar area without an ADR. And it's a great idea if we want a late night bite. Clam chowder - yum!!

Thank you both for your suggestions!

6/14 YC 10/13 Poly 5/13 Poly & BC 10/12 Poly 7/12 CSR/BWV 5/12 CBR 3/12 DL 10/11 Poly 5/11 VWL 9/10 Poly 3/10 Dolphin 4/09 Poly 4/08 BC 5/07 Poly/Cruise/ASMo 7/06 AKL 7/00 POR 7/98 DisIns 3/98 Off 7/96 POR +
Old 01-28-2012, 01:17 PM   #244
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenij View Post
Hi. Thank you for all the wonderful information.
For our 10th anniversary trip, without our kids, I am going to use the 30% off deal. The BWV are about $100 more total for the 7 nights we are staying, when compared to the BWI.

I have only been able to narrow down the differences to these listed below. Are there more? Do you prefer one over the other?

Villas have a microwave, but it looks like one can be requested at the Inn.
Villas are spread out more
Inn has nicer comforters on the beds

What am I missing? Is it worth the $100 to have a villa. Daily housekeeping is provided since it isn't with points.

Thanks for your input.
Well when it comes to the BWV room categories which one are you thinking of reserving? The reason is their 1 or 2 Bedroom Villas are a lot bigger then a Standard Room at the BWI, however a BWV Studio is no different then a BWI Standard Room.

Also check-in for the Villas side is 4:00 PM and you can't request a late check-out, where as check-in for the Inn side is 3:00 PM and you can request a late check-out if you need one.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #245
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbellie16 View Post
DH would really like ESPN Club. I like that we can belly up in the bar area without an ADR. And it's a great idea if we want a late night bite. Clam chowder - yum!!

Thank you both for your suggestions!
You're welcome.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:08 PM   #246
nyrebecca
DIS Veteran

Kook ! Thank you so much for such an awesome thread with all the info I needed in one place. And CR Resort Fan thank you for all the amazing answers I see you giving as well !!

We are die hard WL fans, but with my son getting bigger and needing his own bed we have opted for a room with a day bed or pull out couch. Just got off the phone with Disney and changed our WL ressie to the Boardwalk Deluxe club level. So excited!!

Old 01-28-2012, 04:12 PM   #247
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post
Kook ! Thank you so much for such an awesome thread with all the info I needed in one place. And CR Resort Fan thank you for all the amazing answers I see you giving as well !!

We are die hard WL fans, but with my son getting bigger and needing his own bed we have opted for a room with a day bed or pull out couch. Just got off the phone with Disney and changed our WL ressie to the Boardwalk Deluxe club level. So excited!!
I hope you have a great time and enjoy their Deluxe Room.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:01 PM   #248
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyrebecca View Post

You're welcome, nyrebecca. I'm a big WL fan, too but it's OK to stray! That is so exciting that you booked the Deluxe room - you'll have a guaranteed BW view. Congratulations!
Old 01-28-2012, 08:10 PM   #249
disneyed
“I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.”

We just got back last night from an AMAZING stay at the BWI! Awesome service...we got upgraded to a water view room over Kouzzina's. DDxP was tremendous, though just a little overwhelming at times. Everybody had a great time. Will definitely be going back. Love the BWI!

January 2012 - BoardWalk Inn

January 2013 - Beach Club Resort

Me DW : DS (10) DD (4)
Old 01-28-2012, 09:50 PM   #250
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyed View Post
We just got back last night from an AMAZING stay at the BWI! Awesome service...we got upgraded to a water view room over Kouzzina's. DDxP was tremendous, though just a little overwhelming at times. Everybody had a great time. Will definitely be going back. Love the BWI!
It's great that you enjoyed staying there.
Old 01-29-2012, 03:05 PM   #251
pmdeve
DIS Veteran

First stay at BV.

We are staying at the Boardwalk For the first time in a 1bedroom Vila in April.
We are going to be in a standard room. Can I make a room request? Any suggestions?
Old 01-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #252
gojoe
DIS Veteran

Near the elevator

Near the elevator is the best request to make. The halls seem to go on forever.
Old 01-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #253
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojoe View Post
Near the elevator is the best request to make. The halls seem to go on forever.
Are the elevators near the club level lounge?

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 01-29-2012, 06:59 PM   #254
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
Hi chimo! It's a little different from BC, where the elevators go right up to the club lounge and only club level rooms are on that floor. At BWI, the elevators are down the hall from the CL desk and then after you go through the Innkeeper's Club door, the lounge is a little further down the hall. But it's not far and still very convenient!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
Old 01-29-2012, 07:23 PM   #255
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimo2u View Post
During my first BWI CL stay in August 2010 I thought it would hard to navigate around their hallways and getting to the elevator, however I got use to them very fast.

Now since you reserved a Deluxe Room another thing to remember is you could be on the 3rd or 4th floor, so that would mean having to figure out the hallways of both floors and their distances to either elevators.

Well I think the 3rd floor might seem a bit more complicated because of the weird turns at certin points, although in August 2010 I was in a Deluxe Room on the 3rd floor (3229) and like I said before I got use to it very fast. As for the 4th floor I found it to be more direct and the only turn is just before that Innkeeper's Club door/Cast Member desk area.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: