Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #2161
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by fla4fun View Post
I was staying at BWV the last time they were refurbishing Luna Park pool, and they did have golf carts transporting people back and forth to SAB. However, I was there in January and it was so cold most of the time the golf carts were empty! I was at BCV later the same year, when they were refurbishing SAB, and they were taking people by golf cart to Luna Park pool.
That's been our experience at WDW in the past, and I mentioned that to IPO when I asked them to confirm the pool options. In our experience, WDW has always offered use of another theme pool with a slide during closures. IPO said the information they received from the BWI front desk staff is that at this time, they are not offering alternatives beyond the quiet pools but that more options may be forthcoming. A few days later, I saw the post about DVC Member Services saying that SAB would be available. I really hope that's the case for all BWI guests - it would be a significant departure from past practice if they didn't make another themed pool with slide available during the Luna Park closure. Does anyone have updates? I was going to contact IPO again, but I think I've already been enough of a pest!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/???)
April 2015: Easter Weekend at VWL!
Old 12-22-2012, 08:14 AM   #2162
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Blizzard Beach closed 12/22 due to cold weather - Blizzard Beach, one of Walt Disney World's two water parks, will be closed 12/22/12.

Spirit of Aloha dinner show cancelled 12/22 due to cold weather - The Polynesian Resort's Spirit of Aloha dinner show is cancelled on 12/22 due to cold weather.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-22-2012, 11:59 AM   #2163
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

I just got a letter from Disney that Pool will be closed from Jan 2 - early March

I don't know how to post a copy
Old 12-22-2012, 05:31 PM   #2164
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

A quick question. Is there entertainment (i.e. street performers) outside the BoardWalk every night, or only certain nights of the week?

Old 12-22-2012, 10:12 PM   #2165
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderlustNZ View Post
A quick question. Is there entertainment (i.e. street performers) outside the BoardWalk every night, or only certain nights of the week?

As far as I know, it's every night. I don't recall ever not seeing them as long as the weather was agreeable. They usually come out in the evening, I don't know the exact time, but it's in the 6-7 pm range. Enjoy!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 12-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #2166
lilsk8nmac
Sweet Cream Cheese pretzel addict!

Quote:

BOARDWALK BUSKERS are an assortment of live entertainers who perform from 6:30 PM - 10:30 PM Thursday-Saturdays outdoors on the BoardWalk. Observe sword swallowers, jugglers, magicians and strolling musicians.

I got this info in this thread on page one, post #11.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:03 AM   #2167
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Thank you both :-)

There seems to be so much conflicting info on the net, with some websites saying they perform every night and others saying it's just Thur-Sat. I wasn't sure what to believe.

I have rented DVC points to stay at the BWV late in September. We'll have a BW view and I was looking forward to sitting on the balcony and watching the activity below. We arrive Sat and check out Thur. I'm hoping Sat won't be the only night when things are going on.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:46 AM   #2168
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thank you both :-)

There seems to be so much conflicting info on the net, with some websites saying they perform every night and others saying it's just Thur-Sat. I wasn't sure what to believe.

I have rented DVC points to stay at the BWV late in September. We'll have a BW view and I was looking forward to sitting on the balcony and watching the activity below. We arrive Sat and check out Thur. I'm hoping Sat won't be the only night when things are going on.
We just had friends meet us at the BW on Monday, November 12 (just checked the date on a text), and the entertainers were out. Thursday through Saturday doesn't sound right.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 12-23-2012, 11:06 AM   #2169
WanderlustNZ
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac

We just had friends meet us at the BW on Monday, November 12 (just checked the date on a text), and the entertainers were out. Thursday through Saturday doesn't sound right.
Great to hear. Thanks :-)
Old 12-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #2170
Cottager
Hooked on Mickey

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Luna Park pool is slated to be closed 1/28/2013- 3/1/2013.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndcruiser View Post
So I called back to the hotel, at first was told again that their is no scheduled maintenance, but then they checked specifically the main pool and wouldn't you know it...closed Jan 2 thru mid-March. Thanks for the help and input...reservation has been changed to Beachclub!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
I just got a letter from Disney that Pool will be closed from Jan 2 - early March

Was there any mention of the use of Stormalong Bay in the letter or are they sticking to their guns with only the quiet pools? I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread that it may be, but looking for any additional confirmation.

Last edited by Cottager; 12-23-2012 at 11:00 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #2171
teheber
CYCLING IS HOW I ROLL

Quote:

OH Snap!!

Old 12-24-2012, 06:12 AM   #2172
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cottager View Post
Was there any mention of the use of Stormalong Bay in the letter or are they sticking to their guns with only the quiet pools? I know it was mentioned earlier in the thread that it may be, but looking for any additional confirmation.
Unfortunately it does say Jan 2,2013 to early March Luna Park Pool.. It states the two quiet pools as alternatives...

Not happy but I rented points so switching I'd not an option...

I can take a picture of the letter and email someone to post it since I don't know how... Or walk me through how to post it..
Old 12-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #2173
creativeamanda
One slithering around on me? No way, Jose!
Me? Snarky? Nah!
Why on earth would I want my summer vacation to go away that quickly

We rented points for BWI as well, so switching is not an option. We also are in garden or pool view. Which will stick if we have a view of Luna Park and construction.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:16 AM   #2174
Cottager
Hooked on Mickey

Quote:
Unfortunately it does say Jan 2,2013 to early March Luna Park Pool.. It states the two quiet pools as alternatives...

Not happy but I rented points so switching I'd not an option...

I can take a picture of the letter and email someone to post it since I don't know how... Or walk me through how to post it..
Thanks for the update. I'm sure Disney wouldn't disappoint all of us who paid extra for a deluxe hotel with a slide. They may not publicize it due to peak weeks like Martin Luther King weekend but I'm sure they'll notify us when we get there that we have access during the slower times. As mentioned earlier, they've either provided alternate pool access or a temporary slide.

My only concern is hearing DVC members mentioning they've confirmed that they will have SAB access which may be an exclusive temporary addition to their DVC pool hopping privileges, not the regular BWI guests.

Hopefully someone will report back the first week of January to confirm how they're handling it.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:18 AM   #2175
twinklestar22
Earning My Ears

I'm staying at BWV on borrowed points too...I really hope we'll get to use SAB, but I'm not counting on it
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: