Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 03:39 PM   #2131
delilah18
Mouseketeer

Question about Studio Villas

Hello

I have a question if you book a studio, I see that sometimes a daybed is in the room, how many rooms have this and is it hard to get?
Would you have to request it when making your reservation?
Also can a small child sleep on it, or is it just for sitting?

Thanks

AoA LM 2012
POR RR 2013

Old 12-17-2012, 07:37 PM   #2132
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by delilah18 View Post
Hello

I have a question if you book a studio, I see that sometimes a daybed is in the room, how many rooms have this and is it hard to get?
Would you have to request it when making your reservation?
Also can a small child sleep on it, or is it just for sitting?

Thanks
The daybed is more like a deacon's bench with a crib sized mattress on it. We had one when our son was about five and he hated it. It used to be a booking category (called a Studio Plus). But no more. You cannot request it and it is just the luck of the draw. This is all dedicated studios (meaning they do not connect to a one bedroom to make a two bedroom lock off). The deacon's bench is located where the connecting door would have been.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #2133
evilqueenmindy
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom

Woo hoo! I hope this is true for all BWI guests! If so, our family will be THRILLED!
I'm so glad, the scary clown pool was my big hang up on staying here.
Old 12-18-2012, 06:04 AM   #2134
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
The daybed is more like a deacon's bench with a crib sized mattress on it. We had one when our son was about five and he hated it. It used to be a booking category (called a Studio Plus). But no more. You cannot request it and it is just the luck of the draw. This is all dedicated studios (meaning they do not connect to a one bedroom to make a two bedroom lock off). The deacon's bench is located where the connecting door would have been.
Thanks for posting this, Deb & Bill
Old 12-18-2012, 09:23 AM   #2135
kt_mom
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to update, we had a wonderful stay last week in a 1 bedroom boardwalk view. We were in room 5017 and had a great view and a HUGE balcony that we loved. It was a bit of a walk form the elevators but we got used to it.

We sat on the balcony and watched Illuminations several nights and could even see the MK fireworks over behind the Yacht club. We had some chilly days midweek and only ended up swimming one day at the beginning of the week but we enjoyed the pool and DD loved the slide.

And we loved being able to walk to the World Showcase. I'm going to try to switch our March trip from AKV to BWV. DH said he wished we had bought here instead of BLT but I do like BLT too and look forward to staying there again in a year or two after we try some other places.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #2136
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt_mom
Just wanted to update, we had a wonderful stay last week in a 1 bedroom boardwalk view. We were in room 5017 and had a great view and a HUGE balcony that we loved. It was a bit of a walk form the elevators but we got used to it.

We sat on the balcony and watched Illuminations several nights and could even see the MK fireworks over behind the Yacht club. We had some chilly days midweek and only ended up swimming one day at the beginning of the week but we enjoyed the pool and DD loved the slide.

And we loved being able to walk to the World Showcase. I'm going to try to switch our March trip from AKV to BWV. DH said he wished we had bought here instead of BLT but I do like BLT too and look forward to staying there again in a year or two after we try some other places.
That is such a great room. We stayed there in October and would request again if we could.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:03 PM   #2137
Jasperann
DIS Veteran

I wanted to join this board. I just was able to switch our resort from AoA to BWI Deluxe CL for May!!! With the discount pin that was sent to my e-mail it was only about $1700 more for BWI than it was to stay in a family suite at AoA, and of course I'm just a tiny bit spoiled by my DH.

We have always wanted to stay at a Deluxe but I never dreamed that we would be able to do CL and I was pretty sure the Deluxe would have been after my oldest goes to college. So I am more than excited to stay here!!

Thanks for all this amazing information, I've read at least 50+ pages already.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #2138
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperann
I wanted to join this board. I just was able to switch our resort from AoA to BWI Deluxe CL for May!!! With the discount pin that was sent to my e-mail it was only about $1700 more for BWI than it was to stay in a family suite at AoA, and of course I'm just a tiny bit spoiled by my DH.

We have always wanted to stay at a Deluxe but I never dreamed that we would be able to do CL and I was pretty sure the Deluxe would have been after my oldest goes to college. So I am more than excited to stay here!!

Yay! I'm glad you chose BWI, you're going to love it!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Old 12-19-2012, 04:34 AM   #2139
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt_mom View Post

Thank you! I'll have to post your room location information to the first page (and some others I think I recently missed)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperann View Post

How exciting! There's a lot to digest here so feel free to post any questions you might have. Have you booked any ADRs yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
Yay! I'm glad you chose BWI, you're going to love it!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:13 AM   #2140
Jasperann
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK
Thank you! I'll have to post your room location information to the first page (and some others I think I recently missed)

How exciting! There's a lot to digest here so feel free to post any questions you might have. Have you booked any ADRs yet?

We have one ADR so far. I think I might be making one more, but my DH despises being 'held' down by ADRs. So we don't usually have that many. Lol we are looking forward to all the QS places right inside Epcot though.
Old 12-19-2012, 04:19 PM   #2141
pinksand
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixarmom View Post
the only pool options for BWI guests will be the quiet pools.
I'm new, planning my 2nd trip ever to WDW and first stay at BWI next month (I should put that in my signature to explain my ignorance!). So there are two quiet pools at BWI? And where are the hot tub/jacuzzis? Will those be closed too?
My Stay in the Disneyland Dream Suite

Old 12-19-2012, 05:02 PM   #2142
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksand View Post
I'm new, planning my 2nd trip ever to WDW and first stay at BWI next month (I should put that in my signature to explain my ignorance!). So there are two quiet pools at BWI? And where are the hot tub/jacuzzis? Will those be closed too?
Hi pinksand! On December 8, the BWI itinerary planning office told me that the only pool option for BWI guests during the Luna Park pool closure will be the two quiet pools at BWI. But since then, another poster reported that DVC Member Services said BWI guests may also use Stormalong Bay at BC. Not sure if that's just DVC members staying at BWI or everyone staying at BWI during the Luna Park closure. But I hope it will be all of us!
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

August 2014: Last Minute WDW (ASMu)
January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL, GF, BWI!)
August 2015: DL Half Marathon!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:58 PM   #2143
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
If you have some free time on your hands , the pics I posted on 131-135 were from room 5041 on the Villa side. Great view, relatively close to the elevators, good condition, would definitely recommend.

I could also send pics of the view from our room at the Wynn in Las Vegas where we are now, but that's way !!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 12-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #2144
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasperann View Post
We have one ADR so far. I think I might be making one more, but my DH despises being 'held' down by ADRs. So we don't usually have that many. Lol we are looking forward to all the QS places right inside Epcot though.
I see in your Sig you're concentrating on the Flower & Garden festival, you'll REALLY love how close the BW is to Epcot. For the F&G or F&W, you can't beat the Epcot resorts. Enjoy!! (Ps -- on the topic of ADRs, you may want to check out Flying Fish!)
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 12-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #2145
psac
DIS Veteran

Sorry for spamming the board, but also happy we booked our annual November DVC BWV trip for next year, 1BR Boardwalk view. Woo hoo!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: