Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 06:28 PM   #196
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Beautiful photos, psac.....loved the colors of the last one!
Old 01-21-2012, 07:53 PM   #197
LoriJune
Mouseketeer

Checking in to the BWV's for the first time tomorrow!
Hope to be back saying the same wonderful things you all have!
2013 Windsor Palms 2013 Beach Club 2012 Boardwalk 2010 Old Key West 2008 Polynesian 2005 Carribean Beach 2000 Port Orleans French Quarter 1998 Coronado Springs 1997 Carribean Beach 1992 Dixie Landings 1985 and 1979 Off Site
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #198
Bricket
Mouseketeer

What's the best value room we can get that has a view of the Eiffel Tower? Does Boardwalk Inn have the best view of the Eiffel Tower than any other hotel at Disney?
(I hope this is the appropriate place to ask such a question. Please excuse if it's not)
Old 01-21-2012, 09:03 PM   #199
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriJune View Post
Checking in to the BWV's for the first time tomorrow!
Hope to be back saying the same wonderful things you all have!
I hope you have a great time and please let us know how it was when you get home.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:35 AM   #200
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricket View Post
What's the best value room we can get that has a view of the Eiffel Tower? Does Boardwalk Inn have the best view of the Eiffel Tower than any other hotel at Disney?
(I hope this is the appropriate place to ask such a question. Please excuse if it's not)
I suppose the least expensive room with the possibility of seeing the Eiffel Tower would be a non-club level Standard View BWI room (the least expensive) and request an "Epcot View." This would be a room that overlooks the courtyard/garden area. On the first page, there are a couple of photos (day and night) of this view.

I don't know about the BC/YC rooms and whether any of those have an Eiffel Tower view.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:46 AM   #201
krb2g
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

I'm not certain, but I believe that the only two Deluxe rooms that adjoin are 3227 and 3229. I got that information from Cara Goldsbury's site that's linked on the first page.

That's correct! Connecting means they would have a connecting door.

This is where I got confused. My understanding of the Deluxe room layout is that 3225/3227/3229 (3rd floor above the Boardwalk Bakery) and 4225/4227/4229 (4th floor above the Boardwalk Bakery) are all Deluxe CL rooms (which would be more than 2 rooms adjoining)--I couldn't understand why you were pointing out only a few as adjoining if more actually do adjoin. I could be completely wrong about 3225 and 4225-7 being Deluxe CL rooms, by the way, as we've never stayed in those.
Old 01-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #202
Kristineamb
Disney Diva & Pop Tart

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Hello, my dear friend! I am so glad you found the new thread...why in the world didn't I think to let you know it was up! I'm sorry, but glad you are here now. KOOK does a remarkable job with FAQ threads (she hosts the WL FAQ as well).

Lots of great info here...you must be getting excited now! Oh, by the way...I say go with Cape May for the evening with the munchkins - that way no chance of running into mom and dad. I think you'll enjoy it more than the Garden Grille.
Thanks for the advice!

Old 01-23-2012, 12:06 PM   #203
Kristineamb
Disney Diva & Pop Tart

Quote:
You're very welcome, Kristineamb. Hope you can post some BWV room photos when you get back. It's so nice to have a friend of Christine's here
Would be my pleasure! And anything else specifically???

Old 01-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #204
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by krb2g View Post
This is where I got confused. My understanding of the Deluxe room layout is that 3225/3227/3229 (3rd floor above the Boardwalk Bakery) and 4225/4227/4229 (4th floor above the Boardwalk Bakery) are all Deluxe CL rooms (which would be more than 2 rooms adjoining)--I couldn't understand why you were pointing out only a few as adjoining if more actually do adjoin. I could be completely wrong about 3225 and 4225-7 being Deluxe CL rooms, by the way, as we've never stayed in those.
The two times when I stayed in the Deluxe Rooms before I was in 3229 (August 2010) and 4225 (August 2011) so I can say without a doubt that those are Deluxe Rooms. Plus all the other room numbers you mentioned are some of their other Deluxe Rooms.
Old 01-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #205
disneygal922
DIS Veteran

I was just wondering, I know BWVs are difficult to get at the 7th month mark bc of food and wine but what about early September? Feb 5 is booking day for us and we have definitely decided this is our first choice resort for this trip and I just thought I would ask. I need to think of a second choice if I can't get into BWV.

me (30) DH(30) DD(infant) minnie(3.5) fiona (3ish)
Old 01-23-2012, 02:40 PM   #206
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I suppose the least expensive room with the possibility of seeing the Eiffel Tower would be a non-club level Standard View BWI room (the least expensive) and request an "Epcot View." This would be a room that overlooks the courtyard/garden area. On the first page, there are a couple of photos (day and night) of this view.

I don't know about the BC/YC rooms and whether any of those have an Eiffel Tower view.
KOOK, I agree. At BC, we've stayed in a wonderful room facing Epcot with a view of the Eiffel Tower and the Illuminations fireworks, but 1) it's not as close to the Eiffel Tower as BWI; and 2) I think that room would now be a "garden view" under the new classification system, rather than a standard view. If that's the case, it would be slightly more expensive.
Disneyland (x many since 1975), Poly (x many since 1983), BC (x many since 1992), BWI (x3), YC, CR, WL (x2), AKL, POFQ, Dolphin, CSR (x3), CBR, POR-Riverside, All Star Sports, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, runDisney: 2013 Inaugural Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and Cinderella Family 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/BWI!)
Old 01-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #207
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

LOVE the new thread and the pictures. Thanks to all involved with putting this together!

I'm very excited to be about to book another CL stay at BWI this August. Our plan is for the 2 of us to start with 2 nights at BC, where we'd like to check it (and specifically the pool) out, and then meet up with 2 friends at "home" at BWI and spend a week there.

With 4 adults in the room, we're seriously considering booking a deluxe club level room, but before I go ahead, I have 2 questions that I'm hoping someone can answer. Here goes...

1. From pics I've seen, Deluxe rooms look kind of...well....dark. I'm hoping it's just the camera, because part of what I loved about our BWI room last year was how bright it is. does the addition of the extra sitting space make the deluxe rooms seem dark?

2. I know that some deluxe rooms are on the 3rd floor. We were spoiled last year in room 4223 with our lovely view and being steps from the lounge. I noticed that there's a lovely staircase right in front of the lounge. Do those stairs lead to the 3rd floor Deluxe rooms? If so, then great, but it would give me pause to have to get into an elevator every time I wanted to go to the lounge.....like I had to at AKL.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Old 01-23-2012, 06:36 PM   #208
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Scott-- the deluxe rooms have always seemed bright and airy to me!! I don't think you'll find them dark at all.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:42 PM   #209
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneygal922 View Post
I was just wondering, I know BWVs are difficult to get at the 7th month mark bc of food and wine but what about early September? Feb 5 is booking day for us and we have definitely decided this is our first choice resort for this trip and I just thought I would ask. I need to think of a second choice if I can't get into BWV.
You might get better answers on the DVC forums, but if you're flexible with the views, I think you'll be fine. Standard and Boardwalk book up before non-Boardwalk Preferred. Sine it's so close you can check the new online booking to see how it is 7 months from today just to see how it is now, though August and September might be different. Good luck!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 01-23-2012, 06:44 PM   #210
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott MC View Post
LOVE the new thread and the pictures. Thanks to all involved with putting this together!

I'm very excited to be about to book another CL stay at BWI this August. Our plan is for the 2 of us to start with 2 nights at BC, where we'd like to check it (and specifically the pool) out, and then meet up with 2 friends at "home" at BWI and spend a week there.

With 4 adults in the room, we're seriously considering booking a deluxe club level room, but before I go ahead, I have 2 questions that I'm hoping someone can answer. Here goes...

1. From pics I've seen, Deluxe rooms look kind of...well....dark. I'm hoping it's just the camera, because part of what I loved about our BWI room last year was how bright it is. does the addition of the extra sitting space make the deluxe rooms seem dark?

2. I know that some deluxe rooms are on the 3rd floor. We were spoiled last year in room 4223 with our lovely view and being steps from the lounge. I noticed that there's a lovely staircase right in front of the lounge. Do those stairs lead to the 3rd floor Deluxe rooms? If so, then great, but it would give me pause to have to get into an elevator every time I wanted to go to the lounge.....like I had to at AKL.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!
The Deluxe Rooms inside look exactly like the Standard Rooms, with the difference being the extra room and 2nd TV. So they are not dark at all.

As for the stairs when you walk just past the Sonora Suite you will see an exit sign right above a door and when you open it is the set of stairs that you take to and from the 3rd floor.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: