Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2012, 06:24 AM   #2071
Pete W.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdub322 View Post
Today is our 50 day mark! I am so excited....we have never stayed at an Epcot resort before! We have a 1 BR Standard View for 7 nights (then a Kidani 1 BR Savannah view for 2 nights). I am not sure that I want to make a room request, but I'm not convinced I want to be close to the elevators. Does requesting "far from elevators" get us much closer to DHS? We plan to walk to both Epcot and DHS as much as possible and stairs are fine with us. (Long hallways don't bother us...we actually liked it at Kidani)
"Far from elevators" will indeed get you a bit closer to DHS, and you can use the steps for easy access to the bus stop plus the pools and Community Hall. However, the farthest rooms are 'around the corner' facing the valet parking lot and thus limited or no view of the Illuminations fireworks. We typically request an "upper floor, across from bus stop" and this does put us fairly far from the elevators, closer to DHS, but still affords a view of the Illuminations fireworks from your balcony -- although the trees at BWV have grown over the years and the views MAY be obstructed depending on which particular room you get.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:00 AM   #2072
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KerryCM View Post
We are having a fantastic time! The best birthday ever with my grandchildren. The cast in the lounge has been as wonderful as always and the kids are so comfortable with all of them. Shared my birthday cake with track and field Olympians, gold and silver medal winners, met Track and Field great, Dan O'Brien. The weather has been perfect.
Tonight is the College Football awards show at the Atlantic Dance Hall. The men in my family are really looking forward to that.
What a fantastic vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete W. View Post
"Far from elevators" will indeed get you a bit closer to DHS, and you can use the steps for easy access to the bus stop plus the pools and Community Hall. However, the farthest rooms are 'around the corner' facing the valet parking lot and thus limited or no view of the Illuminations fireworks. We typically request an "upper floor, across from bus stop" and this does put us fairly far from the elevators, closer to DHS, but still affords a view of the Illuminations fireworks from your balcony -- although the trees at BWV have grown over the years and the views MAY be obstructed depending on which particular room you get.
Thanks for posting this great advice.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-06-2012, 02:22 PM   #2073
vdub322
Are we there yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete W. View Post
This is exactly the info I was looking for! Thank you so much..."upper floor, across from bus stop" sounds perfect!

Old 12-06-2012, 05:10 PM   #2074
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

It might have been covered somewhere in the 139 pages (I can almost bet it was), but can someone tell me what the closest grocery store is?

Thanks
Old 12-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #2075
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 View Post
It might have been covered somewhere in the 139 pages (I can almost bet it was), but can someone tell me what the closest grocery store is?

Thanks
Actually, it's right on the first page HERE. There is shopping information and a link to the HESS Station that is right across the street. There is also the General Store that carries some groceries, but costs more than the HESS.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #2076
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUfan4444 View Post

Thanks
Aside from Kook's great advice, there is also a Publix in the area if you're driving and need a lot of groceries. It's still more expensive than Shoprite in the New York area, but it's a real supermarket. I couldn't tell you exactly where it is though, the Towncar service we use from the airport includes a free stop. it's about 10-15 minutes away.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 12-06-2012, 08:11 PM   #2077
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kt_mom View Post
PSAC those pictures are great and I'm even more excited now, if that's even possible.
Thanks! Looks like just 3 more days!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 12-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #2078
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Aside from Kook's great advice, there is also a Publix in the area if you're driving and need a lot of groceries. It's still more expensive than Shoprite in the New York area, but it's a real supermarket. I couldn't tell you exactly where it is though, the Towncar service we use from the airport includes a free stop. it's about 10-15 minutes away.
Thanks - I am aware of the Hess express, but I am in need of a full grocery store, not a conveneient store. We will have access to a car so looking for a Publix/Super Wal Mart etc. for things like eggs, pancake mix, bacon, and a good bit of fresh fruit and vegetables etc.

I will do some additional research and post here if I can find the closest one.

Last edited by LSUfan4444; 12-07-2012 at 04:34 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #2079
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

Okay, this is what I was able to find. According the resort, there is a Gooding's real close, but I checked them out on yelp and they got horrible reviews (http://www.yelp.com/biz/goodings-supermarket-orlando) so I did some more searching.

There is a Publix, located about 7 miles away at 2925 International Dr., Kissimmee, FL and a Wal Mart located at 3250 Vineland Rd., Kissimmee, FL 34746 which might even be a tad closer.

The Publix recieved 4/5 stars with 9 reviews and the Wal Mart recieved 3/5 stars with 10 reviews. It appears both are typical for what you might expect in most cities. For groceries/produce/meat etc., you'll probably do better at Publix, but Wal Mart will have a decent selection for other items you may have forgotten.

Link to reviews for Wal Mart:http://www.yelp.com/biz/walmart-kissimmee

Link to reviews for Publix: http://www.yelp.com/biz/publix-super...ts-kissimmee-7
Old 12-07-2012, 12:56 PM   #2080
BubMunkeyBles
DIS Veteran

I like the Super Walmart and they have a nice selection of Disney stuff. I'm sure we'll be hitting it up soon after arriving.

I just did online checkin for our December 10-17 stay. We have a 1BR Garden/Pool View.

December 3-9, 2014- SSR and BWV
Old 12-07-2012, 06:52 PM   #2081
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Had anyone heard about this (from themouseforless.com):

Quote:
BoardWalk Bakery will undergo expansion from January 2 through April 12, 2012. BoardWalk Bakery will be closed during this work. A coffee cart will be available on the boardwalk area during this time.
Not thrilled with this news considering BW Bakery was the only CS-type place to get breakfasts. Guess we'll order more breakfast foods for our villas or plan to pick up pastries in France for the next morning.
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/11 -- CR, 3/12 -- Windsor Hills, 10/12 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/13 -- BWV, 5/13 -- BLT, 10/13 -- YC CL, 5/14 -- BWV, 08/14 -- VGF/BLT, 12/14 -- BWV, 4/15 -- BLT, 10/15 -- BWV

Last edited by Missyrose; 12-07-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:12 PM   #2082
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post

Not thrilled with this news considering BW Bakery was the only CS-type place to get breakfasts. Guess we'll order more breakfast foods for our villas or plan to pick up pastries in France for the next morning.
Ahhh, pastries from France.....

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:54 PM   #2083
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:

For a CS-tight place, that's a big loss. Curious what type of expansion. The customer area is awful, I could see them converting more of the baking side to a bigger customer area. Or the pipe dream of an internal entrance, but I don't see that happening, that would be major construction.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:31 PM   #2084
Steven41782
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Do they mean 2013??

And...I like the word "expansion"... maybe more quickservice type options.
2004 Yacht Club . 2005 POFQ . 2006 Disney Magic . 2006 Contemporary . 2007 Coronado Springs . 2008 POFQ . 2009 Swan . 2010 Wilderness Lodge . 2011 Disney Dream . 2012 Caribbean Beach . 2013 Boardwalk Villas
Old 12-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #2085
twinklestar22
Earning My Ears

I'm totally bummed out about this bc I will be staying at BWV at this time. We were planning to grab breakfast most mornings there before we head to the parks. I know we can stock up in our room but what other options do we have now. We're on the DP and I don't want to use my CS credits for breakfast.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: