Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #1891
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T in PA View Post
Just got home a few hours ago... already miss our deluxe room. Hoping to book a late summer 2013 stay at BWI. I think their CL staff is the best on property.
Glad you enjoyed it! We going for our first time in January staying in a regular CL. Are deluxe rooms worth the extra money?

Any room suggestions or locations? I've stayed in a regular room last year and really enjoyed the resort. Can't wait!
Old 10-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #1892
denisea51
Mouseketeer

What info can you give me

We are considering staying at BWI Nov '13. Please give me all info, area to request and reason to justify CL. We stayed CL at AKL earlier this yr and we're hooked, but we will be coming off of a two week cruise and we love POFQ and we could stay at SoG. So money does matter but I'm spoiled. Any suggestions?

Denise
Register to remove

Old 10-24-2012, 09:13 PM   #1893
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisea51 View Post
We are considering staying at BWI Nov '13. Please give me all info, area to request and reason to justify CL. We stayed CL at AKL earlier this yr and we're hooked, but we will be coming off of a two week cruise and we love POFQ and we could stay at SoG. So money does matter but I'm spoiled. Any suggestions?

Denise
If you've already stayed Club, you know the general benefits. The biggest plus for Club at BWI is the staff -- extremely friendly, helpful, and they make you feel at home.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 10-25-2012, 10:42 PM   #1894
jaysmom4285
DIS Veteran

We checked in on Sunday. Meant to post earlier, but we've been too busy. I had requested a room close to transportation, but didn't really get it. The room isn't as far away as it could be, so it's not a big deal. We have a one bedroom this time (had stayed in a studio before). It's overlooking the canal facing the Swan. View is partially screened by trees, but it's quiet. The lock on the living room balcony door didn't work, but it was repaired promptly after we reported it. It would be hard to do any cooking in this room. Not that I plan to, lord knows. But in checking out the general supplies, I noted that there are absolutely no pots or pans. I wondered if they were just missing, but there was nothing noted on the inventory list. Just seems odd. But the room is great, and the proximity to Epcot and the Studios can't be beat. One tip to pass on. We like to take a bottle of water to the parks but don't like paying the price for each bottle. We discovered that the general store sells a gallon of water for $2.99! We just fill up a bottle each day and still have some to drink in the room. Must be one of the few bargains at Disney.
Old 10-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #1895
bksomody
Mouseketeer

What type of room/view is the canal view? Can you see the fireworks from this view or what else do you see? Is this type of room close to the elevators or the boardwalk?
Old 10-26-2012, 08:24 AM   #1896
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Hello!

We just switched from the Poly to the BWI for our trip from December 27-January 1. We love both resorts, but thought that it would be easier being in walking distance to two parks. We are very excited!

My question is, does anyone know if anything special goes on at the BWI for New Year's Eve? We are probably going to stay away from the parks on this day, since it is going to be so crowded. We are not worried about spending too much time in the parks, since we will have just been to WDW in November. This December trip is more of a relaxing, slower paced vacation to see all of the holiday decorations and be outside of the parks.

Thanks!

March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI March '15- Poly
Nov. '15- GF
Old 10-26-2012, 09:59 AM   #1897
jaysmom4285
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksomody View Post
What type of room/view is the canal view? Can you see the fireworks from this view or what else do you see? Is this type of room close to the elevators or the boardwalk?
We didn't request a room or view. It's room 2023, and it isn't really close to elevators. We can't see the fireworks because the room is set back in a corner, sort of. But its quiet and the canal view is nice.
Old 10-26-2012, 10:57 AM   #1898
Niewoe
Mouseketeer

We're staying at BWV for the first time in May (4-14). This is our first trip as DVC members and we are very excited!! Any additional advice for studio standard view? There will be 3 of us, 2 adults and 1 5yo.

We will probably utilize the boats, since my son loves them!! He thinks of them as an additional ride... And frankly I enjoy the relaxing trip vs the walk to HS. I don't like clowns, at all, but know he will want to frequent that pool. *sigh* We won't have a car.

Also, are the refillable mugs included with the dining plan? Keep seeing mixed reviews. I always enjoy any souvenir, but don't want to pay for something that isn't worth the value. (Sorry to be such a noob!! LOL)

DVC members since 7/12

Disney Surprise (DS at age 3) best part is at the end... if you've never seen a kid not want to go to disney world, it's worth your time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjDvh5vxhh8
Old 10-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #1899
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niewoe View Post
We're staying at BWV for the first time in May (4-14). This is our first trip as DVC members and we are very excited!! Any additional advice for studio standard view? There will be 3 of us, 2 adults and 1 5yo.

We will probably utilize the boats, since my son loves them!! He thinks of them as an additional ride... And frankly I enjoy the relaxing trip vs the walk to HS. I don't like clowns, at all, but know he will want to frequent that pool. *sigh* We won't have a car.

Also, are the refillable mugs included with the dining plan? Keep seeing mixed reviews. I always enjoy any souvenir, but don't want to pay for something that isn't worth the value. (Sorry to be such a noob!! LOL)
We haven't done the dining plan in a couple of years, but unless they've changed it, the refillable mug comes with the Deluxe and the Quick Service plans, but NOT with the standard plan. Can't help with the standard studio request, but the hallways are long, so if you need to be close to the elevators, it might be good to request that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bksomody View Post
The canal is on the Villas side, it's considered a preferred (non-boardwalk) view for DVC bookings, I think maybe it's called a water view for cash bookings? Not sure on the cash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysmom4285 View Post
We checked in on Sunday. Meant to post earlier, but we've been too busy. I had requested a room close to transportation, but didn't really get it. The room isn't as far away as it could be, so it's not a big deal. We have a one bedroom this time (had stayed in a studio before). It's overlooking the canal facing the Swan. View is partially screened by trees, but it's quiet. The lock on the living room balcony door didn't work, but it was repaired promptly after we reported it. It would be hard to do any cooking in this room. Not that I plan to, lord knows. But in checking out the general supplies, I noted that there are absolutely no pots or pans. I wondered if they were just missing, but there was nothing noted on the inventory list. Just seems odd. But the room is great, and the proximity to Epcot and the Studios can't be beat. One tip to pass on. We like to take a bottle of water to the parks but don't like paying the price for each bottle. We discovered that the general store sells a gallon of water for $2.99! We just fill up a bottle each day and still have some to drink in the room. Must be one of the few bargains at Disney.
Did you check the drawer under the stove for the pots and pans? Our first stay we couldn't find them either, and we called housekeeping because we didn't want to get accused of taking them. Housekeeping told me where to look, and there they were! thanks for the tip about the water, that's a huge bargain. Usually when staying DVC we make a stop at the Publix just to stock up on water bottles. Enjoy the rest of the trip!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 10-26-2012, 05:00 PM   #1900
Wood Nymph
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niewoe View Post
The refillable mugs come with all the dining plans. I think they added that when they took away one of the snack credits.

Next up: WL - Jan 24 to 29, 2015; YC - April 15 - 21, 2015
WL - Oct 22-27, 2014, YC - Sept 24-28, 2014; BC - March 19th to 25th, 2014, WL - Jan 23 - 27, 2014; WL - Nov 30 - Dec 5, 2013; WL - Feb 5 -11, 2013; BC - April 2011, BW - January 2009, BCV - 2007, 2005, 2003, Poly - 2002;
BC - 2001, 1998, 1994, 1992; YC - 1997; GF - 1989, 1988; Poly - 1987, 1986, 1985; CR - 1981, 1980; offsite - 1982, 1976, 1973
Old 10-26-2012, 09:56 PM   #1901
jaysmom4285
DIS Veteran

[QUOTE=psac;46556347

Did you check the drawer under the stove for the pots and pans? Our first stay we couldn't find them either, and we called housekeeping because we didn't want to get accused of taking them. Housekeeping told me where to look, and there they were! [/QUOTE]

You were absolutely right - they were in the drawer under the stove. Don't know why I didn't think to look there. But they still aren't listed on the inventory, so it's hard to know that you should expect to be able to find them.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #1902
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Want to share the fabulous view we had for 9 days:

Old 10-28-2012, 01:27 PM   #1903
jamescanuck2001
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerKat View Post
Want to share the fabulous view we had for 9 days:

that is awesome! hoping for something like that in february
Old 10-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #1904
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

DVC Cash rate by view category

We are planning a trip for next New Years and plan to do one 2B villa on points and a 1B on cash (ouch I know).

Member services can't give me prices more than 11 months out and the website only shows one rate for the villas in our time period but then states that the different view categories have different rates.

Does anyone have a feel for how the rack rates breakdown based on view for a cash booking?

Thanks!
Old 10-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #1905
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
We are planning a trip for next New Years and plan to do one 2B villa on points and a 1B on cash (ouch I know).

Member services can't give me prices more than 11 months out and the website only shows one rate for the villas in our time period but then states that the different view categories have different rates.

Does anyone have a feel for how the rack rates breakdown based on view for a cash booking?

Thanks!
You will only be able to book preferred-non BW view for cash through DVC. BW view (which is just preferred view) and standard view (by DVC terms) are not available for cash. So that should be the price you would have available to you through MS. The member discount will probably not be available for that time frame.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: