Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #1861
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. It's hard to know why you weren't contacted. Anyone with a confirmed reservation should in theory be contacted by the IPO when they book, however, in practice, some guests aren't ever contacted or they're contacted at varying times.

Your visit is coming up very soon so today you should send an email to the IPO:

(Boardwalk Itinerary Planning)
Boardwalk.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com

In the subject line, include your name and confirmation number. Introduce yourself by saying that you have a confirmed reservation for November 17, 2012 for your wedding night in a Garden Suite then state that you would prefer a suite with an Illuminations view.

We'd love to see a wedding photo and I hope you get some wedding I'm looking forward to looking at your planning thread later!
Thank you again for the helpful info! I sent the following email -

Quote:
We have a Boardwalk Garden Suite - Club Level booked for our wedding night next month. We're very excited as we've never stayed Club Level - what a great way to spend our first day as husband and wife!

I had a question regarding suite selections. I've heard a few of the suites (1205 - 1207) have an upper balcony that has a great view where we would be able to watch Illuminations straight from our room. Is it possible to request one of these specific suites?
...and got a response saying the following -

Quote:
Good Morning Lyndsay,
I put in your request for a balcony to watch the Illuminations. It is only a request and is not guaranteed, but at least they have something to go by when they assign the rooms. Please let us know how we may assist you further. Thank You
Petty Bridezilla moment...this is the least magical communication I've ever received from Disney. I didn't even get a 'congrats on your upcoming nuptials'! Okay...I know it sounds petty...REALLY petty...but it was just pretty disappointing...at least I got a quick response though, right?
Old 10-15-2012, 12:41 PM   #1862
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndsayJ View Post

Petty Bridezilla moment...this is the least magical communication I've ever received from Disney. I didn't even get a 'congrats on your upcoming nuptials'! Okay...I know it sounds petty...REALLY petty...but it was just pretty disappointing...at least I got a quick response though, right?
That's a pretty usual response from the IPO. I think it kind of varies on who responds to the email. I've gotten some just like yours, others were more personable, depends on the CM.
They get all kinds of requests for all sorts of reasons, everything from anniversaries to weddings to a whole range of individual celebrations.
I do think the folks at BWI will do their best, and whatever suite you receive I think you'll have a lovely stay!

And may I add...Congrats and Best Wishes!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 12:45 PM   #1863
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
That's a pretty usual response from the IPO. I think it kind of varies on who responds to the email. I've gotten some just like yours, others were more personable, depends on the CM.
They get all kinds of requests for all sorts of reasons, everything from anniversaries to weddings to a whole range of individual celebrations.
I do think the folks at BWI will be helpful, and you should have a lovely stay!

I sent a second email...

Quote:
Good morning Terri,

Thank you so much for putting in our request.

In the past I have heard we are able to order special packages to be available in the room when we get there. Is there a site where I can view the wedding / romance related packages? We’ve never stayed club-level so I’d really like to make it as special as we can for our wedding.
...and got the same type of response from another one...

Quote:
Yes we do, the site is www.disneyflorist.com you will be able to view all the different kind of packages they offer. If you have a question regarding any of them the best would be to call them directly at 407-939-4438.
Please let us know if you need any further assistance.
Have a Great Day!
Zoila
I know I'm just being a little dramatic...but it was disappointing. I'm kinda hoping for some extra Disney magic in our room...I've seen where some couples got something special in their room when the resort knew they had just gotten married....HOWEVER...I know not to count on this happening...we'll have plenty of magic on our own!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #1864
disneychic33
Mouseketeer

Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!!! I wish you the best.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:14 PM   #1865
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:

Not petty and not Bridezilla-ish at all. I have never known any IPO (and I've interacted with all of them via email) to be anything but 'scripted.' I've encountered multiple misspellings, had questions ignored, and have had the same 'cold' and 'detached' response you received. I really think they are told to not get personal or show any emotion - just the facts ma'am and only the facts...

This won't help much, but don't take it personally. If you want a personal interaction, by all means call them. While their emails seem very impersonal, talking with them can make you feel more like they actually care about you as a guest. Also, keep in mind that the IPO pre-arrival staff are not the same as the onsite CL staff you will encounter during your stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynne View Post
I do think the folks at BWI will do their best, and whatever suite you receive I think you'll have a lovely stay!

You're absolutely right, Gwynne, oh, and

Quote:
I sent a second email...

...and got the same type of response from another one...

I know I'm just being a little dramatic...but it was disappointing. I'm kinda hoping for some extra Disney magic in our room...I've seen where some couples got something special in their room when the resort knew they had just gotten married....HOWEVER...I know not to count on this happening...we'll have plenty of magic on our own!
I think you should receive some magic in honor of it being your wedding night and you probably will, but you're probably right not to expect it. We had some disappointment on our last visit in August for our 25th anniversary. I got the same robotic response as you from the IPO when I mentioned our anniversary to them, and during our 12 night split stay, we only received a Mickey/Minnie photo from BLT and two anniversary buttons from WL/CL.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:32 PM   #1866
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic33 View Post
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage!!! I wish you the best.
Thank you!!

Quote:
Not petty and not Bridezilla-ish at all. I have never known any IPO (and I've interacted with all of them via email) to be anything but 'scripted.' I've encountered multiple misspellings, had questions ignored, and have had the same 'cold' and 'detached' response you received. I really think they are told to not get personal or show any emotion - just the facts ma'am and only the facts...

This won't help much, but don't take it personally. If you want a personal interaction, by all means call them. While their emails seem very impersonal, talking with them can make you feel more like they actually care about you as a guest. Also, keep in mind that the IPO pre-arrival staff are not the same as the onsite CL staff you will encounter during your stay.

You're absolutely right, Gwynne, oh, and

I think you should receive some magic in honor of it being your wedding night and you probably will, but you're probably right not to expect it. We had some disappointment on our last visit in August for our 25th anniversary. I got the same robotic response as you from the IPO when I mentioned our anniversary to them, and during our 12 night split stay, we only received a Mickey/Minnie photo from BLT and two anniversary buttons from WL/CL.
I'm terrible with acronyms...but slowly getting to recognize all of them...what is BLT (besides the sandwich )?

My family is staying at Boardwalk leading up to the wedding...so I'm sure staff will be aware that the wedding is going on and hopefully hook us up with something, yes?

It certainly helps to hear that this is simply, how they are so I know I didn't just catch them on a rough day.

Have you ever ordered one of the special packages you can get delivered to your room from Disney Florist? Are any of them really worth it?
Old 10-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #1867
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Thank you!!

I'm terrible with acronyms...but slowly getting to recognize all of them...what is BLT (besides the sandwich )?

My family is staying at Boardwalk leading up to the wedding...so I'm sure staff will be aware that the wedding is going on and hopefully hook us up with something, yes?

It certainly helps to hear that this is simply, how they are so I know I didn't just catch them on a rough day.

Have you ever ordered one of the special packages you can get delivered to your room from Disney Florist? Are any of them really worth it?
There are so many acronyms, you'll catch on quickly

BLT = Bay Lake Tower. It was our first stay in a villa and we LOVED it. I have a link to my review in my signature.

I've never personally ordered through Disney Florist, but the IPO can set-up something from in-room dining. For example, CR/BLT is known for the chocolate monorail and they all have delicious chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate characters like Donald Duck. I don't know what the BWI specialty is, but I'm sure someone else would know. The BWI in-room dining number is: 407-939-5175. Here are some we've had at WL/CL:

This is the Innkeeper's Club welcome gift:

Old 10-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #1868
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
There are so many acronyms, you'll catch on quickly

BLT = Bay Lake Tower. It was our first stay in a villa and we LOVED it. I have a link to my review in my signature.

I've never personally ordered through Disney Florist, but the IPO can set-up something from in-room dining. For example, CR/BLT is known for the chocolate monorail and they all have delicious chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate characters like Donald Duck. I don't know what the BWI specialty is, but I'm sure someone else would know. The BWI in-room dining number is: 407-939-5175. Here are some we've had at WL/CL:

This is the Innkeeper's Club welcome gift:

I want the white chocolate duck!!

Thanks for the clarification. I've learned to accept acronyms as a way of life in the forum world...personally, I hate them...I have no reason to...but I just do. We stayed at Bay Lake Towers a few years ago and LOVED it!! I especially love the artwork.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #1869
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I want the white chocolate duck!!

Thanks for the clarification. I've learned to accept acronyms as a way of life in the forum world...personally, I hate them...I have no reason to...but I just do. We stayed at Bay Lake Towers a few years ago and LOVED it!! I especially love the artwork.
I also had a similar lack of personal note from the BC IPO when staying for a celebration that was mentioned in the email. Don't let that detract from your stay, you'll like the BW. Congrats!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 10-16-2012, 11:40 AM   #1870
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
I also had a similar lack of personal note from the BC IPO when staying for a celebration that was mentioned in the email. Don't let that detract from your stay, you'll like the BW. Congrats!
Thanks! My family and I have stayed at Boardwalk several times (step-mom's mom is DVC)...but my fiancé never has...we always stay at Shades of Green to save money. We've never stayed club level anywhere!

Got another question...we've been talking about extending our stay another night...I've heard he gets a pretty awesome military discount on deluxe hotels...should I ask IPO about that or call our wedding reservations number?
Old 10-16-2012, 12:29 PM   #1871
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Thanks! My family and I have stayed at Boardwalk several times (step-mom's mom is DVC)...but my fiancé never has...we always stay at Shades of Green to save money. We've never stayed club level anywhere!

Got another question...we've been talking about extending our stay another night...I've heard he gets a pretty awesome military discount on deluxe hotels...should I ask IPO about that or call our wedding reservations number?
The military discount is 40% off Deluxe rack rate. If you want to extend a night, you'll need to make a separate room-only reservation and book using the military room-only rate. I don't know what wedding reservations does, but generally, you need to call the WDTC (Walt Disney Travel Co.) to book your room-only reservation. You'll want to tell them that this is a continuing reservation and give them your current res. number. They will look for availability using the discount and let you know if the Garden Suite is available. (I booked it in March with the mil. discount, but later changed it.)

Good luck!
Old 10-16-2012, 01:35 PM   #1872
pixie08
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Are you getting married in WDW? I think you are as I peeped at your PJ. We were married there 6 years ago, and our reception was at the BW and we stayed at the BWI (garden suite). We didn't get anything from the hotel. Actually on our first anniversary I planned a special event at the BWI with catering and then an EPCOT DP and then I got surprises from the planner and the chef of the BW conventions! It all depends I guess

Old 10-16-2012, 02:05 PM   #1873
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
The military discount is 40% off Deluxe rack rate. If you want to extend a night, you'll need to make a separate room-only reservation and book using the military room-only rate. I don't know what wedding reservations does, but generally, you need to call the WDTC (Walt Disney Travel Co.) to book your room-only reservation. You'll want to tell them that this is a continuing reservation and give them your current res. number. They will look for availability using the discount and let you know if the Garden Suite is available. (I booked it in March with the mil. discount, but later changed it.)

Good luck!
Thank you again!! You've been incredibly helpful!
What do you mean by room-only rate? Does that mean it wouldn't include club level amenities?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie08 View Post
Are you getting married in WDW? I think you are as I peeped at your PJ. We were married there 6 years ago, and our reception was at the BW and we stayed at the BWI (garden suite). We didn't get anything from the hotel. Actually on our first anniversary I planned a special event at the BWI with catering and then an EPCOT DP and then I got surprises from the planner and the chef of the BW conventions! It all depends I guess
Yep! We're 32 days away from our wedding now! I hate that the little 'extra magic' is hit or miss...but then I guess it would t be considered magic!
Old 10-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #1874
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Thank you again!! You've been incredibly helpful!
What do you mean by room-only rate? Does that mean it wouldn't include club level amenities?

Yep! We're 32 days away from our wedding now! I hate that the little 'extra magic' is hit or miss...but then I guess it would t be considered magic!
You're welcome and I'm happy to be of some help to you. You must have a million things on your mind and feel a bit overwhelmed right now. Just imagine how great it'll be in 33 days!

Room-only is simply a booking that does not include tickets - only a room is booked. You will have full CL lounge access while staying in the Garden Suite, although you will have to go to the 4th floor to access the Innkeeper's Club lounge.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:24 PM   #1875
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

Quote:
You're welcome and I'm happy to be of some help to you. You must have a million things on your mind and feel a bit overwhelmed right now. Just imagine how great it'll be in 33 days!

Room-only is simply a booking that does not include tickets - only a room is booked. You will have full CL lounge access while staying in the Garden Suite, although you will have to go to the 4th floor to access the Innkeeper's Club lounge.
I kinda laughed when reading the bolded...you have no idea! Not sure if I mentioned this...but we're also moving to Washington DC (we live in Jacksonville, FL) exactly a week after the wedding...so overwhelmed is putting it lightly. This is also why we want to make sure we take full advantage of our stay.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: