Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 12:08 PM   #1846
Al and Kate's Mom
DIS Veteran
Thanks for sharing the drinks and fun

We'll be at Boardwalk next week - I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Trips: 1989-offsite; 1990-offsite; 1991-Disney Inn; 2005-ASMo; 2005-CBR; 2006-POP; 2008-ASMu;2008-POFQ; 2010-POFQ; 2010-CSR; 2011-Poly; 2012-BWI/Bonnet Creek; 2013-Emerald Island; 2014-AsMo; 2015-TBD
Old 10-11-2012, 01:08 PM   #1847
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al and Kate's Mom View Post
Lucky you because Boardwalk is AWESOME!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #1848
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
I hope you have a wonderful vacation
Old 10-11-2012, 05:19 PM   #1849
TigerKat
HOPE YOUR DAY IS FILLED WITH JOY AND HAPPINESS !!
Blow some of that cool air down here
Warning! Getting a tag is hazardous to my mouse

Quote:
We will too! See you there!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:38 AM   #1850
gometros
WDWWDS Chief Weapons Inspector and Cruise Captain
Solemnly swears always to leave the tagging to the experts!! :p

While on our cruise, we bought 100 more points for the Boardwalk, because we love it so much.

Old 10-12-2012, 01:09 PM   #1851
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Have fun to all those going soon!!

Can't wait for January!!
Old 10-12-2012, 03:31 PM   #1852
katyj26
Earning My Ears

We are going in Late January through early February and we have a standard club level room for three adults. Should we request two queen beds setup for the room or is that not necessary? Just don't wanna end up with a king size bed for three of us. Haha.
Been a Disney Lover since birth. First trip to WDW when I was about 2 with my mom and my "fairy" godmother. Gone back every year / every other year ever since! Never going to outgrow WDW! We 3 gals love our Disney trips!

Old 10-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #1853
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by katyj26 View Post
We are going in Late January through early February and we have a standard club level room for three adults. Should we request two queen beds setup for the room or is that not necessary? Just don't wanna end up with a king size bed for three of us. Haha.
No, you won't need to request that. But, if you do have any other requests, you can email the IPO anytime, just include your name and reservation number when contacting them.

Sounds like you're going when there will be very low crowds and great touring weather - lucky you
Old 10-13-2012, 08:40 AM   #1854
mayaflysmama
Earning My Ears

We just booked BWV as a cash reservation yesterday. We booked a studio and I'm so excited. It has always been my dream resort. Anyway, a couple questions. My daughter is in a wheelchair so we will need to use the elevators. Should I request a room near the elevator or take a chance. I honestly have never mad room requests elsewhere and have always liked our views. I'd love to be able to see the tops of Epcots fireworks, but honestly we will most likely not be in the room at that point most nights so no big deal. My other question is about package delivery. Our home health pharmacy will be shipping IVs and medications every 3 days. We will also have oxygen delivered. Where do I need to have these shipped and will they charge a fee? It will all be medical supplies, but I know when we checked about the Dolphin they were going to charge $10/box. Pop did not charge for this or oxygen delivery.

Mostly I'm just excited to be getting to stay at BWV! Any advice would be appreciated. I have not done much reading on BW and it was kind of a spur of the moment decision yesterday. Also, we bought tickets through UT. Will we be able to put these on our KTTW cards? From what I read we won't get an early check in so wasn't surf that changed things or not.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #1855
goofieslonglostsis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayaflysmama View Post
We just booked BWV as a cash reservation yesterday. We booked a studio and I'm so excited. It has always been my dream resort. Anyway, a couple questions. My daughter is in a wheelchair so we will need to use the elevators. Should I request a room near the elevator or take a chance. I honestly have never mad room requests elsewhere and have always liked our views. I'd love to be able to see the tops of Epcots fireworks, but honestly we will most likely not be in the room at that point most nights so no big deal. My other question is about package delivery. Our home health pharmacy will be shipping IVs and medications every 3 days. We will also have oxygen delivered. Where do I need to have these shipped and will they charge a fee? It will all be medical supplies, but I know when we checked about the Dolphin they were going to charge $10/box. Pop did not charge for this or oxygen delivery.

Mostly I'm just excited to be getting to stay at BWV! Any advice would be appreciated. I have not done much reading on BW and it was kind of a spur of the moment decision yesterday. Also, we bought tickets through UT. Will we be able to put these on our KTTW cards? From what I read we won't get an early check in so wasn't surf that changed things or not.

Definately put in a request to be close to the elevators if that helps or is desired. I just had a 9 nighter, on DVC points. Unfort. all accessible rooms were booked already so ended up going for a standard non access room and just use public facilities that are access. where need be. Did put in the request and in fact did get a room very close to the elevators that let you get out right near the pool and BW.

Not sure about the delivery address nor the fee thing, but call and ask to speak to the back office itself. They will be able to tell you and work with you. I've done multiple resorts but have to say that at BWV/I they went even further with making sure my needs were met. Was there during the poweroutage over night and again; those with needs were made sure to be taken care off. Let's just suffice to say my special needs being met only began there.

You will love it there. I started out going there just because of the location, expecting it to find it OK at best. After all, last year I did a few days at the YC and didn't fit me so much I just wanted to get out asap and location wasn't even a close to benefit no more. Boy was I wrong! Ended up loving it so much, the resort, location, CM's etc. that I was resistant to move onto my next part of the split stay where until my time at the BWV I was so looking forward going back there again.
Does it really work that way? Doors closing, windows opening, can you really allways count on that? I'll just continue to wish, hope and pray to make sure. Knock on wood, one, twice and trice. Still can't believe it, I really get to visit Mickey again..........

Always keep wishing, dreaming and hoping.

Old 10-13-2012, 07:46 PM   #1856
guava
Mouseketeer

Room request

Hi! We're off for our first ever stay at Boardwalk Inn next week. It will be me, my husband and our 5 year old son. I think we just have a standard room (was lucky enough to win a trip so I'm not sure what we have.) If quiet and not super far from everything are the two things important to us what type of room should we request? Or is it as simple as - quiet room near the elevators? .
Old 10-14-2012, 08:37 AM   #1857
mayaflysmama
Earning My Ears

Thanks Goofieslonglostsis for the info. I can't wait for our stay!

Old 10-14-2012, 01:25 PM   #1858
WDWKOOK

Exclamation

HERE IS THE LINK to the October Activities flyer. However, there is a separate Halloween activities flyer that was not posted.
Old 10-14-2012, 10:25 PM   #1859
LyndsayJ
Mouseketeer

WDWKOOK - thank you so much for all the helpful information!

We are staying at Boardwalk Garden Suite Club Level on our wedding night (November 17, 2012). Do you know if you can request a specific garden suite? I love the idea of watching Illuminations from our room - you mentioned that can be done if we get 1205 - 1207. If it is possible, when would be the time to ask? Before, or at check-in?

I saw that you said we should have heard from IPO at the 180-day mark, but we haven't heard from them at this point (34 days out). Do you think it's different because our room was complimentary due to meeting our wedding room block? I have the reservation number, so should I just contact them?
Old 10-15-2012, 04:42 AM   #1860
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyndsayJ View Post
WDWKOOK - thank you so much for all the helpful information!

We are staying at Boardwalk Garden Suite Club Level on our wedding night (November 17, 2012). Do you know if you can request a specific garden suite? I love the idea of watching Illuminations from our room - you mentioned that can be done if we get 1205 - 1207. If it is possible, when would be the time to ask? Before, or at check-in?

I saw that you said we should have heard from IPO at the 180-day mark, but we haven't heard from them at this point (34 days out). Do you think it's different because our room was complimentary due to meeting our wedding room block? I have the reservation number, so should I just contact them?
Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. It's hard to know why you weren't contacted. Anyone with a confirmed reservation should in theory be contacted by the IPO when they book, however, in practice, some guests aren't ever contacted or they're contacted at varying times.

Your visit is coming up very soon so today you should send an email to the IPO:

(Boardwalk Itinerary Planning)
Boardwalk.Itinerary.Planning@disneyworld.com

In the subject line, include your name and confirmation number. Introduce yourself by saying that you have a confirmed reservation for November 17, 2012 for your wedding night in a Garden Suite then state that you would prefer a suite with an Illuminations view.

We'd love to see a wedding photo and I hope you get some wedding I'm looking forward to looking at your planning thread later!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: