Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #1816
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
I'm sorry you had issues with the pull-out couch. One thing you should know, when you call the front desk from your room, you're actually getting a call center that's nowhere near Disney World. When you have an issue such as this one, ALWAYS walk down to the actual front desk. You'll get better and more immediate assistance.
In their defense, they said they were told to call housekeeping, but after 3 hours no one from housekeeping responded. But maybe I misunderstood and they let "the front desk" contact housekeeping for them?

You're absolutely right about calling "the front desk." You'll be connected to a call center in another part of FL. Always ask for a manager in person if there are any unresolved issues that require immediate attention by someone who has the authority to make a difference.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:25 PM   #1817
cmesq61
DIS Veteran

Sitting at MCO heading home after a lovely week. My first time at BWI, DBF's 2nd time. I love the theming/decorating, room was bright & airy, very clean-housekeeping far superior to the Poly, the staff was top notch. Loved being close to blueZoo, Shula's il Mulino. My only issue is that BWI is just not handicapped friendly. The problem of having to constantly switch elevators no matter where i was going was very time consuming & cumbersome. Huge design flaw. That being said, DBF loves it so I'm sure I'll be back.

Sept '13 DCL; Jan '13 The Poly; Sept '12 BWI; Nov & Sept '11 The Poly; June '09, The Poly; Sept '08 The Poly; Jan '05, DCL
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #1818
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsyorke View Post
Just switched out of BWV(one bedroom, cash) after having family members attempt to sleep on the pull out couch. Horrible! Foot was a foot higher than the head, big gulley in the middle and to short for someone who is 6 feet tall. I was told to call housekeeping to see what they could do, which after 3 hours was absolutely nothing, they never showed up. The front desk was not helpful at all. These are the "refurbished" couches. The guts are refurbished, the couch is the same old coach with the frayed edges. Don't get me wrong..we used the pullouts in other Disney resorts with no problems at all(BLT most recently), these are another story.

Luckily my family member is a Disney Travel Agent and one call to her and we were switched to OKW(2 bedroom) for a minimal upcharge). This is my last time for BW..this is second time we had to move(first time there was a water leak in the ceiling in the room that they couldn't do anything about, they switched us to GF).

I really wanted to love this resort, but after two times with problems, I'm done with BW.
Food and wine is awesome!
DVC has at least two, maybe three different types of sleeper sofas. One is the platform type with the "thinnish" three part pad on it like at OKW and SSR. Another is the one like at BCV and BWV that flips from the back to open the bed where the cushions stay attached. It is a more comfortable sleeper sofa. The third is the old one with the bars underneath.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:26 AM   #1819
Pete W.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
DVC has at least two, maybe three different types of sleeper sofas. One is the platform type with the "thinnish" three part pad on it like at OKW and SSR. Another is the one like at BCV and BWV that flips from the back to open the bed where the cushions stay attached. It is a more comfortable sleeper sofa. The third is the old one with the bars underneath.
That makes sense because I was surprised to hear of folks being disappointed with the BWV sleeper sofas. My wife and I slept on one for a week several years ago and I remember thinking it was the most comfortable sleeper sofa I had ever used -- no hint of the dreaded bar in my back, and I'm 6'1" and my wife is 5'11". Thankfully we've since 'graduated' to the 2BR units for our family of four so no one is relegated to the sleeper sofas.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:27 AM   #1820
LMO429
DIS Veteran

We are staying at a studio at the boardwalk villas in a couple of weeks. What appliances are in the kitchenette?

Old 10-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #1821
vicki_c
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMO429
We are staying at a studio at the boardwalk villas in a couple of weeks. What appliances are in the kitchenette?
Fridge, toaster, microwave, coffee maker, small sink.
June 1978 - Poly / Nov 1996 - Yacht Club / Jan 2001 - Poly / Jan/Feb 2004 - Wilderness Lodge / 2004-2006: Animal Kingdom Lodge, Nick Hotel, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans Riverside, HI Sunspree, Buena Vista Suites, Caribe Royale / Jan 2008 - Poly / June 2008 - Saratoga Springs and Villas @ Wilderness Lodge / Nov 2008 -Boardwalk Villas / Dec 2008 - WL, Beach Club Villas and Beach Club / June 2009 - POFQ and Poly / Jan 2010 - AKV, 4 night DCL & BCV / Nov 2010 - POFQ / April 2011 - SSR / Nov 2011 Swan / Jan 2012 - BC/ April 2012 OKW / April 2014 AoA & AKV
Old 10-03-2012, 02:42 PM   #1822
neodymm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicki_c

Fridge, toaster, microwave, coffee maker, small sink.
Seems like I read somewhere that some DVC units have a Keurig, is that true in BWV?

Old 10-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #1823
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodymm View Post
Seems like I read somewhere that some DVC units have a Keurig, is that true in BWV?
No Keurig in the DVC units; I think some of the hotels are getting Keurig's, but not DVC as of yet.
Old 10-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #1824
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

I am going "home" tomorrow!!! F&W here I come!!
Old 10-03-2012, 07:06 PM   #1825
disneychic33
Mouseketeer

I have three children (DD11, DD 7, and DS 10), we are staying at BW for 8 days from March 16-23. Any ideas on things that they would enjoy around the resort besides the pool?
Old 10-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #1826
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneychic33 View Post
I have three children (DD11, DD 7, and DS 10), we are staying at BW for 8 days from March 16-23. Any ideas on things that they would enjoy around the resort besides the pool?
All the BW activity...Your kids will absolutely love the entertainers....Funny as **it. LoL... Also the Midway games on BW, Ohh yeah don't forget the Community Hall....Fun stuff there too..Our kids had a blast there almost every day... Walk to both parks..That in itself is a hidden treasure too...Believe me..

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
Old 10-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #1827
disneychic33
Mouseketeer

Thank you! We are so excited. My DD 7 has decided to watch one Disney movie a week until we go. It keeps her excited and reminds her of the characters. So now it is becoming a family past time.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:10 AM   #1828
lsyorke
DIS Veteran
Owner of squeeky bras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missyrose View Post
I'm sorry you had issues with the pull-out couch. One thing you should know, when you call the front desk from your room, you're actually getting a call center that's nowhere near Disney World. When you have an issue such as this one, ALWAYS walk down to the actual front desk. You'll get better and more immediate assistance.
I did walk to the front desk, who told me to call housekeeping. Then I asked about switching resorts and they told me to call the call center number. They were not helpful at all.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #1829
lsyorke
DIS Veteran
Owner of squeeky bras

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
In their defense, they said they were told to call housekeeping, but after 3 hours no one from housekeeping responded. But maybe I misunderstood and they let "the front desk" contact housekeeping for them?

You're absolutely right about calling "the front desk." You'll be connected to a call center in another part of FL. Always ask for a manager in person if there are any unresolved issues that require immediate attention by someone who has the authority to make a difference.
Did speak with them in person and spoke with the manager. No help, just told to call housekeeping and then told to call the call center to work out a switch.

Last edited by lsyorke; 10-04-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:17 AM   #1830
lsyorke
DIS Veteran
Owner of squeeky bras

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
This one had the cushions attached. Very thin mattress, bowed in the middle with the foot a foot higher than the head. Maybe it needed to be adjusted, but since no one came to fix it, I'll never know. They were talking about "problems" with them and having to put air mattresses in rooms because of them. I'm not new to Disney so this was a first time with a "bed" problem.(OKW,BLT,Yacht,Wilderness Villas,Beach,Grand Floridian, never had a problem) We've slept on all types, but this was a first. May have been a mechanism failure that needed to be addressed, or just an old couch, which was pretty obvious from the fraying on all edges.

Now, OKW...awesome, awesome, awesome! We've stayed here before(use to be in DVC) and it will be our go to resort from now on. Despite the small bump in the beginning of the trip ,we had a great time.

Last edited by lsyorke; 10-04-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: