Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #1711
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
KOOK thanks for posting the above link, excellent blog entries! Now I really can not wait to return to BWI
You're welcome and it won't be long before you're back at BWI!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnfr2424 View Post
Thank you so much for posting this - between that blog and this thread all my questions were answered for our upcoming visit!!!
I'm glad you found it helpful, jnfr2424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
Awesome blog! Lots of great information in there!
Isn't it thorough and interesting? Hey, what are you doing over here, Miss Candace?
Old 09-13-2012, 01:22 PM   #1712
Ackpack
Earning My Ears

LESS THAN 24 HOURS!!!

1997-2001: Day trips 2002: All Star Music; 2008: Old Key West; 2011: WBC (first trip with our little guy!); 2012: Boardwalk Villas

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 02:59 PM   #1713
sfbank
DIS Veteran

Lucky you! Have a great trip Will be back in a month and can't wait

Old 09-13-2012, 10:58 PM   #1714
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!

Now after reading the blog my DH wants to change our reservation to a CL cottage!!! We are arriving in 21 days has anyone ever booked so late before?

Last edited by jnfr2424; 09-13-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 12:05 AM   #1715
lbv7
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Now after reading the blog my DH wants to change our reservation to a CL cottage!!! We are arriving in 21 days has anyone ever booked so late before?
I just came back from the BWI and they were doing construction around a lot of the cottages. You might want to check with the hotel as to the status, as you don't want to be disappointed to look out your window and see walls covered by a blue tarp.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:00 AM   #1716
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

My DH had the same reaction, that is until I told him how much $ it would be to upgrade

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 09-14-2012, 04:44 AM   #1717
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackpack View Post
LESS THAN 24 HOURS!!!
Even less now! Happy travels to BWI and WDW!
Quote:
I've changed to a cottage (and back to a std. CL room) at probably the two week or less point back in March. As long as you have a room-only reservation, you can cancel up to 5 days prior to arrival w/o penalty and even make a resort change with less than 5 days (don't ask how I know this). Let us know what you end up doing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7 View Post
I just came back from the BWI and they were doing construction around a lot of the cottages. You might want to check with the hotel as to the status, as you don't want to be disappointed to look out your window and see walls covered by a blue tarp.
This is nice to know for those staying in a cottage soon.
Quote:
My DH had the same reaction, that is until I told him how much $ it would be to upgrade
Poor guy - I can see him now
Old 09-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #1718
WDWKOOK

Transportation changes on the way...

In an interview with Attractions Magazine, Walt Disney World Vice President for Transportation Samuel Lau revealed plans for the future of transportation at the resort.

The resort recently added 28 new buses to its fleet, bringing the total number to 319. After recent testing with a 60-foot articulated bus, there are also plans to purchase a few more of the longer buses to increase capacity. Of course, the larger buses require more space to pull up. A third bus loop will be added at the Magic Kingdom, which will probably take about a year to build.

In addition, more cameras will be added to the buses to supplement the existing camera facing the driver's compartment and front door. The new cameras will capture images outside the bus, allowing Disney to see what happens if a bus gets into an accident or if there's some other incident. The settlement last week of the lawsuit related to the death of a boy who rode his bicycle off of a sidewalk and into the side of a bus points up the possible use of information from these cameras.

Monorails will see a major change, as Disney is working on a new computer-controlled monorail system that will monitor and drive trains in real time, adjusting speeds, keeping safe distance, and enhance efficiency when transferring trains from one beam to another. Monorail drivers will continue to be on the trains, but would be responsible for enabling movement and making spiels to guests. They would no longer actively drive the trains. Despite this, guests would still not be allowed in the cockpit. The automated system would allow the central computer to handle trains to provide gaps during beam transfers that would not cause a complete stoppage of all trains on the beam.

Road work is also underway to increase capacity and improve traffic flow. A new lane has been added to Buena Vista Drive, along with a turn late onto Victory Way to allow traffic to flow more freely to the new Disney's Art of Animation Resort. The left turn lane from Osceola Parkway onto Sherberth Road near Disney's Animal Kingdom and Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge is being extended, and a new turn lane was extended at the entrance to the Magic Kingdom's bus loops.

From: http://www.mouseplanet.com/10110/Wal...date#transport
Old 09-14-2012, 07:44 PM   #1719
aras4007
Mouseketeer

How comfortable are the sleeper sofa's? I am contemplating bringing a blow up mattress to put on top of the sleeper sofa, but would rather not have to deal with packing it.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:14 PM   #1720
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by aras4007 View Post
How comfortable are the sleeper sofa's? I am contemplating bringing a blow up mattress to put on top of the sleeper sofa, but would rather not have to deal with packing it.
The sleeper sofas at BWV are more comfortable than some of the others. These are the type that flip from the back and the cushions stay attached to help support the foot of the bed.

My son has slept on several of them and I think this type is the one he prefers.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 09-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #1721
WDWKOOK

$399 Premium Annual Passes for DVC Members!

Leah Zanolla | Posted: Sep 12, 2012 | Updated: Sep 12, 2012

Members of the Disney Vacation Club (DVC) timeshare program will be the recipients of a great new perk beginning October 1. On a video posted on the DVC website this morning, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Claire Bilby, announced a new discount available from October 1 to December 31, 2012. For just $399, DVC members can purchase a Walt Disney World Premium Annual Pass. The normal price of these passes is $699, so that's a savings of $300 (DVC members normally pay $559 for a Premium Annual Pass, so it's still a substantial savings). A Premium Annual Pass allows access to all four theme parks, plus both water parks, Disney Quest Indoor Interactive Theme Park, ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course and free parking.

Passes aren't activated until they have been used for the first time, so take advantage of this deal while it's being offered even if your current annual pass hasn't expired. For DVC members to renew a regular annual pass, it is $385, so for $14 more, you would get the extra benefits a premium annual pass offers over a regular annual pass. DVC members have until December 31, 2013 to activate these passes.

After October 1, DVC members will also get 10% off merchandise at Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disney's Aulani Resort & Spa, Disney's Vero Beach Resort, and Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort.
Old 09-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #1722
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Transportation changes on the way...
[I]
In an interview with Attractions Magazine, Walt Disney World Vice President for Transportation Samuel Lau revealed plans for the future of transportation at the resort.
Thanks for posting this and the pass info!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 09-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #1723
WDWKOOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Thanks for posting this and the pass info!
You're welcome, psac. I think you'll see it on one of your other subscribed threads, too
Old 09-15-2012, 11:04 PM   #1724
jnfr2424
I'm Tink I got my Peter Pan and together we love to fly away to Neverland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbv7 View Post
Thank you so much for this tip - I am going to call again on Sunday because the wait time has been a bit crazy for the past 2 days YIKES!!

Quote:
Both of our mothers decided to join us at the last minute and DH swears this would be cheaper than just getting another room - sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post

I've changed to a cottage (and back to a std. CL room) at probably the two week or less point back in March. As long as you have a room-only reservation, you can cancel up to 5 days prior to arrival w/o penalty and even make a resort change with less than 5 days (don't ask how I know this). Let us know what you end up doing!
We are on a AP discount room only pkg so thanks for the tip I will for sure let everyone know what the outcome will be. Thanks so much to all for being so wonderful!!

Old 09-17-2012, 10:48 AM   #1725
aras4007
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
The sleeper sofas at BWV are more comfortable than some of the others. These are the type that flip from the back and the cushions stay attached to help support the foot of the bed.

My son has slept on several of them and I think this type is the one he prefers.
Thanks for the info!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: