Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 03:51 PM   #1666
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDaD7 View Post
I let the manager on duty know about it, on 2 seperate occasions..Also there were a few other familes that I got to know while doing the laundry, that said they were going to voice their displeasure as well...
Even so, make sure you e-mail member satisfaction.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:08 PM   #1667
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Even so, make sure you e-mail member satisfaction.
Oh...Ok..Will do...Thnx for the info...

This was our first trip in Deluxe and as DVC...Is this uncommon to only have 3 washers and 2 dryers...

Also the laundry room was like a dungeon......I've had way better experiences at the mods, & even the values.... Like I said not a huge concern, but something nonetheless.

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-02-2012, 04:11 PM   #1668
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDaD7 View Post
Oh...Ok..Will do...Thnx for the info...

This was our first trip in Deluxe and as DVC...Is this uncommon to only have 3 washers and 2 dryers...

Also the laundry room was like a dungeon......I've had way better experiences at the mods, & even the values.... Like I said not a huge concern, but something nonetheless.
Since only the studios need the laundry room, they are not very big.

Old 09-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #1669
stevereno31
Earning My Ears

BWV Preferred vs Standard

Hello-

Taking the family back to WDW soon...curious on your thoughts about the Preferred vs Standard view categories for a 2-bedroom villa.

Any pictures of the view would be awesome.

Thanks!
Old 09-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #1670
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevereno31 View Post
Hello-

Taking the family back to WDW soon...curious on your thoughts about the Preferred vs Standard view categories for a 2-bedroom villa.

Any pictures of the view would be awesome.

Thanks!
Read back a few posts. It's all there. All two bedroom villas at BWV are lockoffs, too.

Old 09-03-2012, 04:02 PM   #1671
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

We got back yesterday from 2 nights at the Boardwalk Inn, we had the same exact room that we had in January 4292 and it was wonderful again. We were met by a CM, can't remember her name, at the front door when we arrived, she already had our packet and our room info and had us checked in and on our way to our room within 5 minutes, we felt like royalty.

It stinks that we only had 2 nights, but they were wonderful. We went to the Luna Park pool shortly after we arrived and enjoyed a swim before heading out to Epcot, we decided to grab lunch at the pool bar, can't say I was impressed, but then again, I don't like cold bread with my sandwiches, next time we will get something on the Boardwalk and take over.

We had to be on the road by 7am yesterday, I called Bell Services to pick up our bags and the CM was there in 5 minutes, the CM had transferred me to the Valet attendant and our van was waiting for us when we got down to the lobby, I love that. The Boardwalk Inn has me spoiled.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #1672
jcemom
Official Tag Fairy Assistant
I like it here and I want to stay! :)
think of all that money I could have put towards Disney!

Hopefully someone here can help...

Do they still do face painting on the Boardwalk? If they do, does anyone know the hours?

We're staying at BWV and would like to have our faces painted prior to MNSSHP. We aren't planning on any parks that day so I don't want to use up a day's admission just for face painting at Epcot or HS. I also don't want to be late to the party if the face painter is only there late in the evening. (I sure wish they'd bring face painting back to MK, even if it wasn't the free party painting they used to have, and I had to pay for it.)

TIA for any information!

* 9/2015 Fantasy & ??? * 12/2014 BWV * 9/2013 AKV & Dream & POR * 9/2012 BWV & AKV * 2/2011 CBR * 1/2010 Pop * 9/2009 AKV * 1/2009 BCV * 9/2008 POFQ * 12/2007 OKW * 1/2007 Pop * 10/2006 Pop & OKW * 1/2006 BWV & AKL * 9/2005 Pop * 6/2005 POR * 2/2005 WL * 2/2004 AKL * 2/1989 offsite * 6/1978 offsite *
Old 09-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #1673
ctnurse
DIS Veteran

DBF and I have a cash reservation at the BWV. What should we request? We booked a standard view. We stayed at BWI last Decemeber and loved it. We will be there Oct 11-15. We are going to do F&W and MNSSHP . The only ADR we have is for Flying Fish. When we stayed on the Inn side we had a great view of the Eiffel Tower and the fireworks.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:34 PM   #1674
Deb & Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctnurse View Post
DBF and I have a cash reservation at the BWV. What should we request? We booked a standard view. We stayed at BWI last Decemeber and loved it. We will be there Oct 11-15. We are going to do F&W and MNSSHP . The only ADR we have is for Flying Fish. When we stayed on the Inn side we had a great view of the Eiffel Tower and the fireworks.
If you booked through Disney Reservation Center, you could get either of the two pools (Luna Park - the themed pool - and the leisure pool) or you might want to request the Village Green which is the grassy area near the boat dock. You can get a somewhat BW view there. But the BW view is only available for points reservations.

Old 09-05-2012, 12:15 AM   #1675
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Is there UPS pickup available at the resort? My DBF is thinking about renting a camera lens and wants to be able to ship it back from there.
Old 09-05-2012, 04:47 AM   #1676
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathymford View Post
Is there UPS pickup available at the resort? My DBF is thinking about renting a camera lens and wants to be able to ship it back from there.
Yes, you can ship via UPS. There will be a fee at pick-up because BWI is a convention resort. I believe the fee is around $10, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Include the guest's name, arrival date and confirmation number on the label. Hope to see some of DBF's photos!
Old 09-05-2012, 11:25 AM   #1677
Kathymford
A little obsessed is ok....right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
Yes, you can ship via UPS. There will be a fee at pick-up because BWI is a convention resort. I believe the fee is around $10, but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Include the guest's name, arrival date and confirmation number on the label. Hope to see some of DBF's photos!
Actually, we want to ship from BW to the camera place (send the lens back). Is that possible? And if so, where?
Old 09-05-2012, 02:14 PM   #1678
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Actually, we want to ship from BW to the camera place (send the lens back). Is that possible? And if so, where?
Guess it was too early for me to properly digest your question

The lobby concierge should be able to ship it for you. But I only base this on the fact that when you stay CL, the concierge will ship packages for you. I've never done this though, so hopefully someone else might offer better advice. If you're not staying CL, you might want to consider bringing a pre-paid envelope or box to ship it back in
Old 09-05-2012, 02:18 PM   #1679
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
You can ship from the business center also, we have done that several times. They charge a fee for that too, I can't remember what it was, but you can do it.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:23 PM   #1680
gwynne
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
You can ship from the business center also, we have done that several times. They charge a fee for that too, I can't remember what it was, but you can do it.
This is what I would suggest. Maybe stop by early in your stay to make sure you know center hours/pricing, shipping options and pickup times.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: