Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 07:12 PM   #1651
Ackpack
Earning My Ears

Two weeks!!!!

1997-2001: Day trips 2002: All Star Music; 2008: Old Key West; 2011: WBC (first trip with our little guy!); 2012: Boardwalk Villas

Old 08-30-2012, 07:30 PM   #1652
SMorgan711
It all starts with a wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
If you look at a Downtown Disney map, it has the taxi stands labelled. There are either two or three across the various areas. After we saw La Nouba, the mass horde of people went walking towards the busses, we took the quick detour to the taxi stand (which was really close), and were back "home" at BW in exactly 12 minutes, if I remember correctly. I took note of the time because it was SO crazy quick.
Oh wow! We always take the buses so I never even knew there was a taxi place! That's awesome! I will definitely be on the lookout. Thanks!!

1990 Poly | 1991 CB | 1994 POFQ | 1995 ASSp | Apr 1999 ASMu | Apr 2002 POR | 2004-2005 (New Years) WL | Oct 2008 SoG | Jan 2009 SoG | Sep 2009 POR | Feb 2011 AKL (JUST ENGAGED!) | Dec 2011 Poly | Oct 2012 BWI | Nov 2013 POFQ | Feb 2014 YC (DFTW!) |

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2012, 08:09 PM   #1653
neodymm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Then your "standard" BWV studio will be what is referred to as a DVC preferred view (pool/garden), but not a BW view (that is reserved for members on points). You might want to request a pool view of either Luna Park or the quiet pool. Or you could request the Village Green to get a "kind of" view of the BW.

There is only one elevator bank, so if that is important...
This is perfect. I am sure DD will want the Luna Park view, so I'll make a request for it. Thanks for the great info! We are really looking forward to staying at BWV and being able to enjoy living on the other side of the world for a week!

Old 08-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #1654
circe811
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Then your "standard" BWV studio will be what is referred to as a DVC preferred view (pool/garden), but not a BW view (that is reserved for members on points). You might want to request a pool view of either Luna Park or the quiet pool. Or you could request the Village Green to get a "kind of" view of the BW.

What us the standard view of for rented DVC studios?
Old 08-30-2012, 09:39 PM   #1655
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
Originally Posted by circe811

What us the standard view of for rented DVC studios?
Ours was a view of the resort parking area all the way at the front of the resort. It was a long walk from the elevators, but there was a door out to the front and we could go out there and across to the bus stop. That was a lot quicker than going back thru the lobby.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:57 PM   #1656
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sorry to hijack, but I thought this would be the perfect time to ask this. If we rent points for BWV, what is the difference between a studio standard and a studio preferred as far as the view?

We have been a Moderate family so far. We are planning on October 2013 and want to save up and treat ourselves. I just want to know what I'm getting for the price difference between the two.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by dansdad; 08-31-2012 at 10:06 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:02 AM   #1657
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post
Sorry to hijack, but I thought this would be the perfect time to ask this. If we rent points for BWV, what is the difference between a studio standard and a studio preferred as far as the view?

We have been a Moderate family so far. We are planning on October 2013 and want to save up and treat ourselves. I just want to know what I'm getting for the price difference between the two.

Thanks in advance.
I think the BWV standard face parking lot and BWV face Boardwalk or pool. There should be someone with a better explanation sooner. I am standard view because I am points cheap.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 08-31-2012, 12:19 PM   #1658
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Standard view for points at BWV is along the front drive of the resort and only available for points. BW view (preferred) is the BW and only available for points. Preferred (non-BW view) is pool and garden and is what DRC calls standard. This is available for cash through DVC or DRC.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:25 PM   #1659
dansdad
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Standard view for points at BWV is along the front drive of the resort and only available for points. BW view (preferred) is the BW and only available for points. Preferred (non-BW view) is pool and garden and is what DRC calls standard. This is available for cash through DVC or DRC.
Thank you so much!
Old 08-31-2012, 01:21 PM   #1660
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansdad View Post

Thanks in advance.
I think also in addition to what Deb & Bill wrote (though it's mentioned in their other email) is that the "Preferred (non-BW)" often (but not always) includes some sort of water -- Luna Park pool, the quiet pool, the canal (boatway) to DHS, side view of BW (if in Village Green area), etc.
Past BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 08-31-2012, 01:22 PM   #1661
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackpack View Post
Two weeks!!!!
Enjoy! Jealous!
Past BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 09-02-2012, 02:22 PM   #1662
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Back recently from a couple of weeks at WDW. We stayed a few nights in a BLT one bedroom (LOVED it!) and 9 nights WL/CL.

To everyone going soon - I hope you have a FANTASTIC vacation!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justakrazymom View Post
Newbie to BWI here. We check in in 18 days.. not making any requests..don't care where our room is. We are staying for 2 nights before our package at POFQ. We will have 3 kids age 10 and under with us. anything special we should be putting on our list of things to do? ( we are not doing parks these 2 days)..anything BWI specific we need to know ( where to check in, how to get to pool etc).. any input is greatly appreciated!
If you're not doing any parks, then maybe you'd enjoy some mini golf? It's just across the street and there's a path that runs from BWI, past the Swolphin to Fantasia Gardens.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/recreation/minigolf.htm

There are also free children's activities that are offered in the afternoons and will be listed on the Resort Activity sheet you'll receive at check-in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
We check into BWI on Friday, I am so excited.
I hope you're having a great time at BWI!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ackpack View Post
Two weeks!!!!
It won't be long now!
Old 09-02-2012, 02:46 PM   #1663
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Brief trip Report:

Just got back from an awesome 11 night journey...(BWV)...very late I might add, @ 12:30 this morning..

Here's a few things I'd like to recap:

1st off: Place is gorgeous....Grounds are amazing

2nd: Location is superb.....Soooo close to EVERYTHING.....And I mean everything...

3rd: Luna Park Pool: As good as , if not better, than advertised....Kids both young an old Loved the slide, lifeguards, activities, leaping libations.etc.

4th: Boardwalk activities: Plenty....And I do mean plenty...From the Surrey bikes, to the mickey boats, to thecarnival style midway games to the incredible entertainers( Soo much Fun ).

5th: Food choices: There are plenty to choose from on our side of the pond , not to mention the other side...

6th: Community Hall: Perfect for those lazy days or nights, or when there was just a lil too much rain.

B.T.W. We were in Room #4097, which also couldn't be in a more perfect location. Basically a right turn out of the elevators down to the first fork in the hallways. Our room was the first room right where the bldg juts out at a 22* angle. ( facing front entrance )...Also directly across from our door was the staircase heading down to the main pool...*Perfect.

I only had 2 problems but in comparison to the overall experience minor.

1. was the laundry room area. 3 washers & 2 dryers....1 of which was broke for a few days. I know they have the ones across by the BWI, but we had problems with those as well.....Needless to say I lost a lil time from the kids but, to be expected i guess.

2. The bus back from DTD. It felt like the longest ride. Literally a 40 minute ordeal.....No worries though....

Other than that I'd like to personally thank all that have posted before me that gave me pointers , ideas , tips etc....This trip was definetely a memorable one for us, and can't wait to book our next one...

Thnx...DizDad7

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
Old 09-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #1664
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizDaD7 View Post
Brief trip Report:

Just got back from an awesome 11 night journey...(BWV)...very late I might add, @ 12:30 this morning.....
1. was the laundry room area. 3 washers & 2 dryers....1 of which was broke for a few days. I know they have the ones across by the BWI, but we had problems with those as well.....Needless to say I lost a lil time from the kids but, to be expected i guess....
Make sure you send an e-mail to member satisfaction about the laundry room. They don't get fixed unless someone less DVC know about the problems. That e-mail address in on the member website under Contact Us.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 09-02-2012, 03:39 PM   #1665
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Make sure you send an e-mail to member satisfaction about the laundry room. They don't get fixed unless someone less DVC know about the problems. That e-mail address in on the member website under Contact Us.
I let the manager on duty know about it, on 2 seperate occasions..Also there were a few other familes that I got to know while doing the laundry, that said they were going to voice their displeasure as well...

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
Closed Thread