Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #1636
tarasdad
Earning My Ears

As the old saying goes, there is no such thing as a dumb question, just dumb people asking questions, here is mine.

Headed for the BWV in 10 days. DVC rental through Davids. I also have in my hand 4 7 day hopper tickets. If I use early check-in and then show up and ask to have the tickets added to our KTTW card will I be defeating the purpose of early check-in. Hope I have not confused every-one. Thanks.

Bill
Old 08-28-2012, 01:23 PM   #1637
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarasdad
As the old saying goes, there is no such thing as a dumb question, just dumb people asking questions, here is mine.

Headed for the BWV in 10 days. DVC rental through Davids. I also have in my hand 4 7 day hopper tickets. If I use early check-in and then show up and ask to have the tickets added to our KTTW card will I be defeating the purpose of early check-in. Hope I have not confused every-one. Thanks.

Bill
I don't think it actually defeats the purpose of early check-in, the best I can figure Disney only uses that in order to get your arrival documents together -it doesn't do anything for the guest( that I'm aware of). I stayed at BWV last week and didn't use early check-in, the whole process took maybe 10min(max) so I don't see the big advantage. I got my room exactly where I wanted and as requested -we checked in at noon, so maybe if you plan on checking in later in the day/evening it helps.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-29-2012, 02:06 PM   #1638
garada3
DIS Veteran

In Room Treats from Room Service

Does anyone have a listing of treats that I can have delivered by room service?

On a previous stay at another Disney hotel I was able to have delicious chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our room.

Just wondering if the Boardwalk offered anything similar.

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2012, 02:57 PM   #1639
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

We check into BWI on Friday, I am so excited.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:10 AM   #1640
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by garada3 View Post
Does anyone have a listing of treats that I can have delivered by room service?

On a previous stay at another Disney hotel I was able to have delicious chocolate covered strawberries delivered to our room.

Just wondering if the Boardwalk offered anything similar.

Thanks!
All Ears has the private dining menu, I didn't see that on it. I don't know if that's under a different category like ordering a cake or something? If the latter, that's a central system for everything, but I don't know what that contact info is. Here's the link to the menu. Good luck!

http://allears.net/menu/men_bwir.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
We check into BWI on Friday, I am so excited.
Enjoy!!!!!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 08-30-2012, 10:45 AM   #1641
neodymm
Mouseketeer

We are booked in a studio villa std view in mid October. Are there any special room requests we should make? DD will want to be near the pool, but we never spend much time in our room. Just wondering if we should even bother with a specific request.

? about getting to MK. We are CR fans and spoiled by the MK walkway. We rarely make rope-drop at a park, we just like our sleep too much and always do late night EMH. Would it be just as easy to go to the MK via monorail after walking through EP rather than taking the bus from BWV?

We are looking forward to our stay at BWV. DD is excited about the clown pool and the convenience to EP during F&W will be fantastic! I've actually made fewer ADRs for this trip since we can just walk over and have a tapas stroll when we are hungry. :-)

Old 08-30-2012, 12:37 PM   #1642
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

We stayed BWI CL last week and as everyone has said the CMs there are fantastic, they are very welcoming and friendly, I'm sure the guy who made the comments about the t shirt didn't mean to cause any upset, I think we've all been guilty of saying the wrong thing and upsetting others unintentionally from time to time, I know I have .

The only downside to this resort was the buses, it took and hour each way to get to DTD, so we didn't really have much time there and would have liked to return but felt it wasn't worth it. The buses to MK and AK were crazy too, we were crammed in like sardines, if we were lucky enough to get a seat we often had peoples' backpacks sticking in our faces and the whole journey was really uncomfortable, surely Disney could put on a few more buses for these five resorts? The walk to Epcot and HS was a great though and I'm glad we chose to stay in this location.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:02 PM   #1643
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
We stayed BWI CL last week and as everyone has said the CMs there are fantastic, they are very welcoming and friendly, I'm sure the guy who made the comments about the t shirt didn't mean to cause any upset, I think we've all been guilty of saying the wrong thing and upsetting others unintentionally from time to time, I know I have .

The only downside to this resort was the buses, it took and hour each way to get to DTD, so we didn't really have much time there and would have liked to return but felt it wasn't worth it. The buses to MK and AK were crazy too, we were crammed in like sardines, if we were lucky enough to get a seat we often had peoples' backpacks sticking in our faces and the whole journey was really uncomfortable, surely Disney could put on a few more buses for these five resorts? The walk to Epcot and HS was a great though and I'm glad we chose to stay in this location.
Glad you enjoyed BWI!!!!

I learned long ago to take a taxi to and from DTD. And on the next trip, I am going to stay 2days at WL first to make access to the Magic Kingdom easier, before moving on to my fave BWI.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:29 PM   #1644
SMorgan711
It all starts with a wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackemail View Post
Glad you enjoyed BWI!!!!

I learned long ago to take a taxi to and from DTD. And on the next trip, I am going to stay 2days at WL first to make access to the Magic Kingdom easier, before moving on to my fave BWI.
This is great advice! We are staying at BWI in October so we will remember this. I know you can ask for a taxi at BWI but how do you get a taxi back?

1990 Poly | 1991 CB | 1994 POFQ | 1995 ASSp | Apr 1999 ASMu | Apr 2002 POR | 2004-2005 (New Years) WL | Oct 2008 SoG | Jan 2009 SoG | Sep 2009 POR | Feb 2011 AKL (JUST ENGAGED!) | Dec 2011 Poly | Oct 2012 BWI | Nov 2013 POFQ | Feb 2014 YC (DFTW!) | Sep 2014 POR |
Old 08-30-2012, 01:40 PM   #1645
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodymm View Post
We are booked in a studio villa std view in mid October. Are there any special room requests we should make? DD will want to be near the pool, but we never spend much time in our room. Just wondering if we should even bother with a specific request....
Points through DVC or cash through Disney Reservation Center? It makes a difference.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 08-30-2012, 03:24 PM   #1646
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMorgan711 View Post
This is great advice! We are staying at BWI in October so we will remember this. I know you can ask for a taxi at BWI but how do you get a taxi back?
If you look at a Downtown Disney map, it has the taxi stands labelled. There are either two or three across the various areas. After we saw La Nouba, the mass horde of people went walking towards the busses, we took the quick detour to the taxi stand (which was really close), and were back "home" at BW in exactly 12 minutes, if I remember correctly. I took note of the time because it was SO crazy quick.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 08-30-2012, 04:06 PM   #1647
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We are booked in a studio villa std view in mid October. Are there any special room requests we should make? DD will want to be near the pool, but we never spend much time in our room. Just wondering if we should even bother with a specific request.

? about getting to MK. We are CR fans and spoiled by the MK walkway. We rarely make rope-drop at a park, we just like our sleep too much and always do late night EMH. Would it be just as easy to go to the MK via monorail after walking through EP rather than taking the bus from BWV?

We are looking forward to our stay at BWV. DD is excited about the clown pool and the convenience to EP during F&W will be fantastic! I've actually made fewer ADRs for this trip since we can just walk over and have a tapas stroll when we are hungry. :-)
Regarding the MK question, I would say no, the bus is better. When you consider you have to walk about 5-10 minutes to Epcot, maybe 15-20 minutes to get through Epcot to the front entrance, monorail to TTC, and then switch monorail to MK, it's definitely not any easier or quicker than taking the single bus. Unless you do it with stops at F&W stalls along the way if it's after 11am. Then it may be more fun. Of course you'll also need Park Hoppers to do this.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #1648
neodymm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill

Points through DVC or cash through Disney Reservation Center? It makes a difference.
Oh, duh...Cash directly with DRC.

Old 08-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #1649
neodymm
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac

Regarding the MK question, I would say no, the bus is better. When you consider you have to walk about 5-10 minutes to Epcot, maybe 15-20 minutes to get through Epcot to the front entrance, monorail to TTC, and then switch monorail to MK, it's definitely not any easier or quicker than taking the single bus. Unless you do it with stops at F&W stalls along the way if it's after 11am. Then it may be more fun. Of course you'll also need Park Hoppers to do this.
Thanks! I kinda figured the extra walking through EP and then TTC transfer would make it longer. But we can always use an extra stroll by Canada for an ice wine sampler at their F&W kiosk. ;-)

Have APs, so park hopper covered. We hardly ever stay in 1 park per day, but 3 is our limit (not counting DTD). Lol

Old 08-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #1650
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Oh, duh...Cash directly with DRC.
Then your "standard" BWV studio will be what is referred to as a DVC preferred view (pool/garden), but not a BW view (that is reserved for members on points). You might want to request a pool view of either Luna Park or the quiet pool. Or you could request the Village Green to get a "kind of" view of the BW.

There is only one elevator bank, so if that is important...

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: