Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 09:35 PM   #1621
deadhedjen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank View Post
eadhedjen-sorry you had a bad experience at the BWI. I just got back from a great trip as usual. It is great Disney has all kinds of choices because people are different. I think that might be the same case with being offended with the comments about the shirt. Some people would take offense, some people would let it roll off their backs. It is the difference in people.
It could also be because you did not know them personally or had not been around him or her before. Every year we are there Anita, as well as Linda and the others tease us and give us a hard time about being from the "corn fields" since we are from Iowa. "Oh, do they have those in the corn fields?" is a common question. We have a good laugh about it. Again though, I have known them for 10 years so I think that would make a difference.
At least you can say you tried it and hope your next trip is better
The comments wouldn't have bothered us if it was just that one day or if we were laughing and getting a chuckle out of it.

Everyone else there was great. I also forgot about the guy at the IKC desk...Pete I think?? He was a really cool guy as well.

I can see why you keep going back 10 years. That's the magic I was hoping we would have had. Finding a resort we just fall in love with. Hopefully I'll have better luck this December picking a better one.

Me , DH , DS19 , DD17 , DD14 , and DD11

Old 08-25-2012, 06:11 AM   #1622
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

The comments he made were in very bad taste -personally, I can't say that I blame you. And I couldn't care less about PSU. Obviously he thought he was being funny in some way -I think he needs some new material. We were at BWV all last week and I remember seeing someone in a PSU shirt, maybe it was your family.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #1623
Waltgirl
No, it's fine, it's just regular everyday sweat

Sorry to repeat myself, I just need to know, are the doors to the rooms (facing the hallways) metal?

Thank you!
Old 08-25-2012, 01:10 PM   #1624
sfbank
DIS Veteran

Yes we love Pete too. He is always very pleasant. He blew me a kiss in front of a little girl this trip and she asked if I was his wife. It was quite funny
Old 08-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #1625
LuvLDM
DIS Veteran

Hi all!
I have a question regarding the clown pool, since it is located on the villa side of the resort..... is it inconvenient for guests staying on the Inn? It looks kinda of far away?
I stayed at BWI once a few years ago, loved it but the weather was quite chilly so we never even looked for the pool!
Old 08-25-2012, 03:46 PM   #1626
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltgirl
Sorry to repeat myself, I just need to know, are the doors to the rooms (facing the hallways) metal?

Thank you!
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLDM
Hi all!
I have a question regarding the clown pool, since it is located on the villa side of the resort..... is it inconvenient for guests staying on the Inn? It looks kinda of far away?
I stayed at BWI once a few years ago, loved it but the weather was quite chilly so we never even looked for the pool!
It's mildly a pain but not too bad. Exit below Belle Veue Lounge, cut across courtyard and through a clearly marked cut-through.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #1627
Epcot Resort Area
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvLDM View Post
Hi all!
Personally I don't find it to be a problem. Once you take the elevator to the lobby/2nd floor you just walk down the stairs by the Bell Vue Lounge and once outside walk across the tunnel to Luna Park.
Old 08-26-2012, 01:26 PM   #1628
Ackpack
Earning My Ears

Is it worth getting the refillable mugs while staying at bwv? Or should we just stock our fridge? Does it include coffee refills or just soda and iced tea?

1997-2001: Day trips 2002: All Star Music; 2008: Old Key West; 2011: WBC (first trip with our little guy!); 2012: Boardwalk Villas

Old 08-26-2012, 02:20 PM   #1629
speedo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessSuzanne View Post
I think your best bet is to make an ADR, if you want a TS restaurant. May I suggest Kouzzina, we have eaten breakfast there, but not dinner, but the atmosphere seems great for 3 women.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfamily1998 View Post
Hi Speedo! I was at the BWI in May with my husband, children, and sister in law. One of the nights, Dh, SIL, and I went out to dinner without the kids.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisann View Post
I ADORE Flying Fish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epcot Resort Area View Post
They perfrom 7 days a week from 6:30 PM - 10:00 PM.
Thank you all for the suggestions and hints! I was definitely between Kouzzina and Flying Fish and decided to go with Flying Fish for this visit. I got reservation at 7:30! So we are all set. I am also supper excited to hear that there are entertainers on the boardwalk every night. Hopefully we can spot one before our dinner! Not sure if we will be able to make it to Jellyrolls after dinner since we have pretty late reservations. Sounds really fun but may have to save that along with Kouzzina for another visit.
Old 08-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #1630
SMorgan711
It all starts with a wish!

We are staying water view at BWI for the first time this October! Is there any special floor / area that we should request? Can Illuminations be seen from the water view rooms?

1990 Poly | 1991 CB | 1994 POFQ | 1995 ASSp | Apr 1999 ASMu | Apr 2002 POR | 2004-2005 (New Years) WL | Oct 2008 SoG | Jan 2009 SoG | Sep 2009 POR | Feb 2011 AKL (JUST ENGAGED!) | Dec 2011 Poly | Oct 2012 BWI | Nov 2013 POFQ | Feb 2014 YC (DFTW!) | Sep 2014 POR |

Old 08-27-2012, 05:51 PM   #1631
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMorgan711 View Post
We are staying water view at BWI for the first time this October! Is there any special floor / area that we should request? Can Illuminations be seen from the water view rooms?
We stayed in a WV room in March and could see Wishes behind the YC but as far as IllumiNations that we could only hear until the evening we went down by the quiet pool a caught a glimpse of IllumiNations from there

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 08-28-2012, 08:20 AM   #1632
SMorgan711
It all starts with a wish!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
We stayed in a WV room in March and could see Wishes behind the YC but as far as IllumiNations that we could only hear until the evening we went down by the quiet pool a caught a glimpse of IllumiNations from there
May I ask what floor you were on? I'm assuming the higher up the better. Maybe we will request a higher floor! Thanks!

Also, is Water View definitely Boardwalk View or do I need to request that?

Are the 3rd and 4th floors JUST Club Level? I couldn't really find anything regarding this. I know I requested 3rd floor Tahiti at the Poly so I'm wondering if I should request 4th floor or just as high up as possible?

1990 Poly | 1991 CB | 1994 POFQ | 1995 ASSp | Apr 1999 ASMu | Apr 2002 POR | 2004-2005 (New Years) WL | Oct 2008 SoG | Jan 2009 SoG | Sep 2009 POR | Feb 2011 AKL (JUST ENGAGED!) | Dec 2011 Poly | Oct 2012 BWI | Nov 2013 POFQ | Feb 2014 YC (DFTW!) | Sep 2014 POR |

Last edited by SMorgan711; 08-28-2012 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:03 AM   #1633
PrincessSuzanne
Guess I will be eating crow tonight
Good thing I can be quiet when necessary

Quote:
May I ask what floor you were on? I'm assuming the higher up the better. Maybe we will request a higher floor! Thanks!

Are the 3rd and 4th floors JUST Club Level? I couldn't really find anything regarding this. I know I requested 3rd floor Tahiti at the Poly so I'm wondering if I should request 4th floor or just as high up as possible?
I don't know about WV rooms, but we were in a Standard in January on the 4th floor and it wasn't Club Level, we did see an entrance for Club level, or something about Club Level. We probably could have seen Illuminations from our room, but we were never in there during that time.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:52 AM   #1634
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:

We were on the third floor. While there are CL rooms on both the 3rd and 4th floors it is not just CL Rooms. From What I know the WV has some sort of view of Cresent Lake, ours had a partial view of the lake, boardwalk, village green and BWV but Was not directly on boardwalk. We loved the location since we could see the dock and the performers near the dock. I have requested 3 rd floor facing village green and have my fingers crossed for our next visit

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 08-28-2012, 09:56 AM   #1635
justakrazymom
DIS Veteran

Newbie to BWI here. We check in in 18 days.. not making any requests..don't care where our room is. We are staying for 2 nights before our package at POFQ. We will have 3 kids age 10 and under with us. anything special we should be putting on our list of things to do? ( we are not doing parks these 2 days)..anything BWI specific we need to know ( where to check in, how to get to pool etc).. any input is greatly appreciated!

homeschooling mom,Disney freak and more
DxL '99, CBR '00, Pop '11
BWI '12,POFQ '12 , PORS '13

The SuperFamily vs. Silverware , Felons and The Little Mermaid Sept 2013 TR

No Distractions,Never say Never TR
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: