Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 02:10 PM   #1591
Cecile716
Earning My Ears

Hi Weenie cat! I am going in March also! Maybe we should meet!!
Old 08-21-2012, 03:06 PM   #1592
Notso
Mouseketeer

We are going in February. I am so excited! However, I keep hearing about how bad the busses are. Obviously, we'll only take the bus for AK and MK days. Anyone have tips to make the ride easier...

Like where do the buses stop first going and coming, etc. Would we be better off grabbing it at the BW or Swolphin?

We will generally leave the parks well before closing and get there early. Are those times lighter?

Thanks!

WDW: 6/84 CR; 6/90 CR; 4/93 GF; 6/2003 GF Honeymoon; 2/11 Fabulous trip in Disney's Treehouse Villas! First time for the girls, and we even got to open the MK! 2/13 Wonderful Boardwalk Villas trip

Disneyland: 10/11, 11/12, and surprising our girls 7/13

DCL: 2014. My go-go-go self has to learn to cruise.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-22-2012, 07:06 AM   #1593
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notso View Post
We are going in February. I am so excited! However, I keep hearing about how bad the busses are. Obviously, we'll only take the bus for AK and MK days. Anyone have tips to make the ride easier...

Like where do the buses stop first going and coming, etc. Would we be better off grabbing it at the BW or Swolphin?

We will generally leave the parks well before closing and get there early. Are those times lighter?

Thanks!
The BW is always the first pick-up, so you generally won't have to worry about seats. The problem is timing. Since the bus then makes pick-ups at the swan and dolphin (separately), it just takes a while before you're actually en route to the parks. Give yourself a lot of time if you want to make rope drop. On the way back, if you leave early it can be worse since BW is the last stop AND they sometimes also add drop offs to BC and YC on the way back, so BW is the fifth stop. In those cases, yes, it's sometimes better to get off at the swan (I think that's the closer one) and walk back to the BW. If its only the three stops on the way back, I would just stay on the bus.
Enjoy!
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 08-22-2012, 07:37 AM   #1594
Georgi Zhukov
Earning My Ears

Walkway to DHS

Hello everyone. Still planning for my first stay at the BWI in April '13. I usually stay at the Contemporary Resort and have come to enjoy the Walkway to the Magic Kingdom. It's a fairly short walk and much faster than taking the Monorail TO the MK - which is a plus for getting a decent pre-"rope drop" spot when running a little behind in the morning.

I have done the walk from the BWI to Epcot before - seems comparable to CR to MK walk? But I have never done the walk from BWI to DHS (didn't even know there was one until visiting this great thread ). From checking out a couple of maps of the property (and remembering boat shuttle rides during a stay at The Dolphin MANY years ago), it seems like that walk is significantly longer than BWI to Epcot.

Can anyone let me know for sure and let me know how they usually get to DHS from the BWI? Thanks in advance!
Old 08-22-2012, 07:44 AM   #1595
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgi Zhukov View Post
Hello everyone. Still planning for my first stay at the BWI in April '13. I usually stay at the Contemporary Resort and have come to enjoy the Walkway to the Magic Kingdom. It's a fairly short walk and much faster than taking the Monorail TO the MK - which is a plus for getting a decent pre-"rope drop" spot when running a little behind in the morning.

I have done the walk from the BWI to Epcot before - seems comparable to CR to MK walk? But I have never done the walk from BWI to DHS (didn't even know there was one until visiting this great thread ). From checking out a couple of maps of the property (and remembering boat shuttle rides during a stay at The Dolphin MANY years ago), it seems like that walk is significantly longer than BWI to Epcot.

Can anyone let me know for sure and let me know how they usually get to DHS from the BWI? Thanks in advance!
Yes it is quite a bit longer than the walk to Epcot, but we always walk to DHS. It's so quiet and peaceful. In the morning, we usually meet some ducks walking on the path, and the occasional lizard. We usually walk back also, as we can't stand waiting for the boat. If there is a boat about to dock, we will take the boat, but most of the time we just walk.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:46 AM   #1596
goofy4tink
Likes little devils
I know I'm getting old...I get it, I really do
Prisoner of Toy Story Mania

DISboards Moderator

Quote:

The walk from BW to HS is about 15-20 mins...depending on your pace. Cut through the pool area and then out to the walkway behind the pool area. Go left and you're on your way! I seldom take the boat to DHS from BW...the walk is too pleasant.......unless it's really hot/humid or rainy/stormy.
It takes under 10 mins to get to Epcot.
Old 08-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #1597
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:

We always take the boat. With all the walking we'll be doing (or have done) in the park, an extra mile walking each way isn't good for the feetsies. If we happened to be staying on the Villa side and were WAY at the end by the community center, then yes, we would walk.
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 08-22-2012, 12:17 PM   #1598
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T in PA View Post
I've just been sitting here reading thru this thread and catching up. We are staying at the BW in mid Oct, cannot wait to go back! When we were there last year, my DH and Lorenzo were watching a wedding party outside of the lounge area, and he had us laughing so hard, that my DH is more excited to see the CL staff than anything, and that says alot for my DH.
The combination of the great BW atmosphere itself plus the incredible Club CMs (Lorenzo is the best) convinced us to buy resale DVC at BWV, which ironically means no more BW stays in club level. Thankfully there does seem to be excellent CMs all over the BW.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:51 PM   #1599
Georgi Zhukov
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgerber View Post
Yes it is quite a bit longer than the walk to Epcot, but we always walk to DHS. It's so quiet and peaceful. In the morning, we usually meet some ducks walking on the path, and the occasional lizard. We usually walk back also, as we can't stand waiting for the boat. If there is a boat about to dock, we will take the boat, but most of the time we just walk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy4tink View Post
The walk from BW to HS is about 15-20 mins...depending on your pace. Cut through the pool area and then out to the walkway behind the pool area. Go left and you're on your way! I seldom take the boat to DHS from BW...the walk is too pleasant.......unless it's really hot/humid or rainy/stormy.
It takes under 10 mins to get to Epcot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
We always take the boat. With all the walking we'll be doing (or have done) in the park, an extra mile walking each way isn't good for the feetsies. If we happened to be staying on the Villa side and were WAY at the end by the community center, then yes, we would walk.
Thanks all! Very helpful as always.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:58 PM   #1600
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notso

Thanks!
We're staying here this week -I've got to say, the transportation has been very good. As mentioned, BW is the first stop outbound so no problem getting on -as well, we haven't waited more than 10-15mins(mostly less) for the buses to the parks. I did notice on the return from MK we have been the first stop(even better!), but we're last from AK but no big deal. Also haven't waited at all to get back from the parks -we've been fortunate that our timing has been near perfect. We mostly walk to EPCOT and take the boat to HS -those boats have been a little slow but at least predictable. We missed a boat by a minute and walked over to Swan/Dolphin to catch it and got there a few minutes before it docked -that was the ONLY issue we had and only because we didn't want to wait another 20mins for the next boat.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:04 PM   #1601
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

Quote:

We usually walk to DHS. Depending on our timing, we will take the boat back, however, we usually end up walking back too.

The walk over to Epcot is just a few minutes, but our walk over to DHS is about 20min, and that's not a fast pace.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:53 AM   #1602
psac
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAN View Post
We're staying here this week -I've got to say, the transportation has been very good. As mentioned, BW is the first stop outbound so no problem getting on -as well, we haven't waited more than 10-15mins(mostly less) for the buses to the parks. I did notice on the return from MK we have been the first stop(even better!), but we're last from AK but no big deal. Also haven't waited at all to get back from the parks -we've been fortunate that our timing has been near perfect. We mostly walk to EPCOT and take the boat to HS -those boats have been a little slow but at least predictable. We missed a boat by a minute and walked over to Swan/Dolphin to catch it and got there a few minutes before it docked -that was the ONLY issue we had and only because we didn't want to wait another 20mins for the next boat.
That's a nice change! Hopefully it stays that way. Enjoy the rest of your trip!
Old 08-23-2012, 01:10 PM   #1603
Georgi Zhukov
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary T in PA View Post
We usually walk to DHS. Depending on our timing, we will take the boat back, however, we usually end up walking back too.

The walk over to Epcot is just a few minutes, but our walk over to DHS is about 20min, and that's not a fast pace.
Thanks Mary! We'll definitely give it a try.
Old 08-23-2012, 03:17 PM   #1604
Notso
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAN View Post
Very helpful! Thanks so much!

WDW: 6/84 CR; 6/90 CR; 4/93 GF; 6/2003 GF Honeymoon; 2/11 Fabulous trip in Disney's Treehouse Villas! First time for the girls, and we even got to open the MK! 2/13 Wonderful Boardwalk Villas trip

Disneyland: 10/11, 11/12, and surprising our girls 7/13

DCL: 2014. My go-go-go self has to learn to cruise.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:10 PM   #1605
garada3
DIS Veteran

Innkeepers Club room request

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, I have only been able to read up to page 77 so far : )

As a first time guest at BWI I have no idea about how the club level is arranged. I have looked at the BWI map and understand which side of the 'H" the Inn is. I am assuming that the club level rooms are in the upper right portion of the 'H' that fronts the water.

I understand that the club is on the fourth floor (with some deluxe rooms on the third too) behind a key access door. Just before this door are three club level rooms with boardwalk views.

I have read that these rooms are sometimes subject to the 'busyness' of the comings and goings through the key access door.

What about the rooms directly inside the door? Do they have the same commotion level?

Are there rooms on on both sides of the hall - boardwalk view and garden view?

If we want a standard room away from the access door, do we request 'away from the access door' or is there another way to phrase this?

I do not care if it is boardwalk or garden, unless there are some not-so-good garden views?

Thanks for all your advice - back to reading this thread.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: