Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 08:08 AM   #1576
P&B's Mom
Mouseketeer

Just back from BWV and can't wait to stay again!

I just returned from my first stay at BWI/BWV and absolutely loved it!!! I want to thank everyone here for your advice and knowledge. If it wasn't for you, I know my stay would not have been as magical. The location and vibe could not be beat! We have stayed at BCV, AKV Kidani & Jambo, BLT, spent time at SSR with friends, but don't miss staying at this resort!

We stayed in a studio and it was very spacious, especially after we had just spent four nights at Pop! We had a small daybed where I would have thought a desk might go, which was the perfect size for DS and he was happy to not share a bed with his DSis. We had a rather large balcony compared to some of the others near us, but even those had ample space for the two chairs and table. One word of caution, be very careful on your room requests and I did my research. I asked for Village Green and close to elevators. The hallways are really long and there is only one set of elevators, so if you are on the top floor, watch out! We got our requests and we were close to everything! We could also see the top of Wishes from our balcony from the 4th floor. I think that was DS's favorite part of the day.

As I had read, the CS choices are very limited but we ate breakfast in the room most mornings but I can see why BW Bakery is a favorite. We could get pizza and use our CS credits from the take out window by Kouzzina when we were at the resort during the afternoon. We didn't eat at any of the TS locations at BW, but very convenient to EP and the BC.

The real hidden gem was the quiet pool and Community Hall. I loved that they were together so my kids could go back and forth. I never saw more than 10 people at the pool. Everyone was fighting for space in and outside of the main pool. The quiet pool was awesome for the kids when they really didn't want the slide anymore but they still wanted to swim. The pool was rather small but it really didn't matter at all for us. The staff at the CH was awesome and I know my kids absolutely adored them!

If you ever have a chance to stay at BWV, don't pass it up!!!!!!!! We have our next DVC already planned but I am really looking forward to planning another BWV vacation.
1st Visit EVER--June 2008 @ BCV, DVC Member--September 2008 @ AKV, 1st Trip "Home"--August 2009 @ AKV Kidani, Grand Gathering--July 2010 @ GF CL & AKV Kidani, No Dads--Spring Break 2011 @ YC/BLT, DECA ICDC--April 2011 @ Rosen Shingle Creek, Xmas/NYE--Dec & Jan 2011-12 @ BC/AKV Jambo, Mom & Kids ONLY--August 2012 @ Pop/BWV, , DECA ICDC--April 2013 @ Crowne Plaza Anaheim, Mom & Kids ONLY #2--4th of July 2013 @ GF CL/AKV Kidani, Will This Trip Ever Happen?--July 2014 @ AKV CL/BWI
Old 08-18-2012, 08:20 AM   #1577
sfbank
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a good trip. We are on our way home today after 8 fun filled nights with our gang at the Innkeepers. We have had a wonderful trip and look forward to Oct with DH and next May with family and Nascargirl and her dh

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-18-2012, 08:23 AM   #1578
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Glad everyone had a good time!!!
Does Village Green need to be noted on DVC reservation? Or when checking in online?
Old 08-18-2012, 11:06 AM   #1579
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
Glad everyone had a good time!!!
Does Village Green need to be noted on DVC reservation? Or when checking in online?
Village Green would be a request to be added to the reservation for preferred/garden/pool locations. Not available for BW view or standard view.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #1580
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Village Green would be a request to be added to the reservation for preferred/garden/pool locations. Not available for BW view or standard view.
Thanks we booked garden / pool view so I will add the request!
Old 08-18-2012, 02:46 PM   #1581
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&B's Mom

The real hidden gem was the quiet pool and Community Hall. I loved that they were together so my kids could go back and forth. I never saw more than 10 people at the pool. Everyone was fighting for space in and outside of the main pool. The quiet pool was awesome for the kids when they really didn't want the slide anymore but they still wanted to swim. The pool was rather small but it really didn't matter at all for us. The staff at the CH was awesome and I know my kids absolutely adored them!
This is so true -and goes for some of the other resorts as well. It's nice to have the pools like SAB/Luna Park/High Rock but my kids(teens) always preferred the quiet pools, which try had mostly to themselves -they didn't like having lots of younger children that they had to look out for in the pool.
Old 08-18-2012, 08:55 PM   #1582
Iowa Hawkeye
Earning My Ears

Another awesome stay at the Boardwalk came to an end today, but not before my DW (sfbank) booked our room for next May!! We have been sitting at the airport in Minneapolis since 4:15 this afternoon and she pretty much has next years trip planned out already. Nascargirl you better speak up fast if you want to get any ADRs on the schedule because she is filling them up fast. Its only 277 days away you know!:D
Old 08-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #1583
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&B's Mom View Post
I just returned from my first stay at BWI/BWV and absolutely loved it!!! I want to thank everyone here for your advice and knowledge. If it wasn't for you, I know my stay would not have been as magical. The location and vibe could not be beat! We have stayed at BCV, AKV Kidani & Jambo, BLT, spent time at SSR with friends, but don't miss staying at this resort!

We stayed in a studio and it was very spacious, especially after we had just spent four nights at Pop! We had a small daybed where I would have thought a desk might go, which was the perfect size for DS and he was happy to not share a bed with his DSis. We had a rather large balcony compared to some of the others near us, but even those had ample space for the two chairs and table. One word of caution, be very careful on your room requests and I did my research. I asked for Village Green and close to elevators. The hallways are really long and there is only one set of elevators, so if you are on the top floor, watch out! We got our requests and we were close to everything! We could also see the top of Wishes from our balcony from the 4th floor. I think that was DS's favorite part of the day.

As I had read, the CS choices are very limited but we ate breakfast in the room most mornings but I can see why BW Bakery is a favorite. We could get pizza and use our CS credits from the take out window by Kouzzina when we were at the resort during the afternoon. We didn't eat at any of the TS locations at BW, but very convenient to EP and the BC.

If you ever have a chance to stay at BWV, don't pass it up!!!!!!!! We have our next DVC already planned but I am really looking forward to planning another BWV vacation.
Glad you had a good trip. But, don't tell anyone about the quiet pool and CH. It was so nice over there.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 08-19-2012, 09:53 AM   #1584
psac
DIS Veteran

Glad everyone had great trips!

(jealous! )
Past AKL-K Apr'14, BWV Nov'13, VWL/DCL Fantasy Sep'13, Poly CL Jul'13, AKL CL Apr'13, BWV Nov'12, BC CL Jun'12, BLT Apr'12, BWV Nov'11, CR Jul'11, BWI CL Nov'10, GF CL Apr'10, GF Apr'09, Omni Champ. Apr'07, POR Oct '03
Old 08-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #1585
nascargirl
DIS Veteran

Iowa Hawkeye I see your wife now has you on the boards. I hope both of you will be doing trip reports even tho I know how it went. The time will go by quick.
Old 08-20-2012, 09:32 AM   #1586
DizDaD7
DIS Veteran

As if i wasn't excited enough already. You guys / girls have me pumped up for this trip,more so than my kids i think lol. Now i only have 1 day left before my 1 st BWV stay.

BTW. With all these requests and all. We're staying in a standard studio. I just requested a middle to high floor. Is there a particular spot that would be a good spot to request? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanx.

1997- Buenavista Hotel/Spa--HoneyMoon--WDW 25thB-day
2000- Allstar Music---Milennium Year!!
2003- Allstar Movies
2006- Off Site/ House
2007- PoP Century
2008- PoP Century
2010- Coronado Springs--->Oct.29-Nov7.
2011- Port Orleans Riverside-->Nov3-Nov11
2012- Boardwalk Villas--->Aug. 21-Sep.1
2013- AKV JH--->Apr5-Apr13..2014- Grand Cal.Villas--->Feb.15-22
2014- AKV--->Nov.1-9
Old 08-20-2012, 03:19 PM   #1587
HARASW
DisneyWorld Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
What is everyone's favorite thing about BW??

Being a New Yorker, the boardwalk has a familiar, homey feeling to me. Reminding me of Coney Island and even Atlantic City. Walking around or sitting and people watching during the day and enjoying different performers at night is so relaxing and lots of fun.

Having the ability to walk to Epcot or DHS at any time of the day or night, without waiting for transportation can't be beat.

The hotel itself is elegant with a very comfortable atmosphere.

But, after taking yearly trips to WDW and staying on CL at different deluxe resorts, for over 15 years, I have never encountered a group of cast members such as those in the Innkeeper's Club. When I arrive, I feel like I am being welcomed by my family members. They go out of their way to make each guest's stay a memorable and comfortable one. My family feels the same way. After our first stay at the BWI, we knew that we could never think of staying at a different WDW hotel again.

Hope that answers your question!
11/86 -Honeymoon-Off Property, 7/97-GF RPC, 7/98, 7/99, 7/00, 7/01, 7/02, 7/03, 7/04, 1/05 -GF SLC, 7/06, 7/07, 7/08 -WL CL,12/08 -BWI CL, 8/09-GF RPC, 7/10 - POLY CL, 5/11-BWI CL, 12/11-BWI CL, 6/12-BWI CL 10/12-BWI CL, 1/13-BWI CL, 8/13-BWI CL, 12/13-BWI CL, 6/14-BWI CL

Old 08-20-2012, 04:53 PM   #1588
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HARASW View Post
Being a New Yorker, the boardwalk has a familiar, homey feeling to me. Reminding me of Coney Island and even Atlantic City. Walking around or sitting and people watching during the day and enjoying different performers at night is so relaxing and lots of fun.

Having the ability to walk to Epcot or DHS at any time of the day or night, without waiting for transportation can't be beat.

The hotel itself is elegant with a very comfortable atmosphere.

But, after taking yearly trips to WDW and staying on CL at different deluxe resorts, for over 15 years, I have never encountered a group of cast members such as those in the Innkeeper's Club. When I arrive, I feel like I am being welcomed by my family members. They go out of their way to make each guest's stay a memorable and comfortable one. My family feels the same way. After our first stay at the BWI, we knew that we could never think of staying at a different WDW hotel again.

Hope that answers your question!

Thanks!!! Can't wait
Old 08-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #1589
Iowa Hawkeye
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascargirl View Post
Iowa Hawkeye I see your wife now has you on the boards. I hope both of you will be doing trip reports even tho I know how it went. The time will go by quick.
Saying you know how it went might be an understatement, a couple of days I think she talked to you more than she talked to me!
Old 08-20-2012, 11:29 PM   #1590
Mary T in PA

Mouseketeer

I've just been sitting here reading thru this thread and catching up. We are staying at the BW in mid Oct, cannot wait to go back! When we were there last year, my DH and Lorenzo were watching a wedding party outside of the lounge area, and he had us laughing so hard, that my DH is more excited to see the CL staff than anything, and that says alot for my DH.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: