Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #1546
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourhighwayinthesky View Post
Leaving tomorrow for my trip! First Universal, then the Coronado, and then the Boardwalk!
Sounds like a wonderful trip!
Old 08-14-2012, 12:47 PM   #1547
MUFFYCAT
Sorry, I'm a spaze
Nevermind I see it, my eyesight is going
Which Spice Girl can I be?
Jealous of Christmas Tags

Thank you all for your help!

I'm so behind on this trip it's not good at all. I still have to make some ADRs and find out about Fantasyland. We miss the official opening by a few days but I think I read somewhere about soft openings or something for AP holders.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2012, 02:11 PM   #1548
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by psac View Post
Actually, I'll go a different route. Don't get me wrong, the location is fantastic. The combination of being able to walk to Epcot, quick boat to DHS, and the dining options available between BW, BC, YC, Swan/Dolphin, and again Epcot, can't be beat. But you could get that from any of the "Epcot" resorts.

The Boardwalk just has a certain feel to it that is really special. When we're walking on (or better yet, sitting on our balcony overlooking) the Boardwalk, we know we're on vacation. It's relaxing, quaint, energetic (when you want it to be), etc., all in good ways. The early morning view of Crescent Lake is incredible.

When we were on our recent trip to the Beach Club, and walked over to the Boardwalk one time for lunch and other time for dinner, we really felt like we were "home."
That is an awesome description..... I know we made the right choice for our January visit! Now where can I find some patience????
Old 08-14-2012, 03:16 PM   #1549
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFFYCAT View Post
I have a question for those who go during F & W.

We have always been Polynesian fans. I stayed at the Boardwalk in Feb with a friend and loved it!
I'm going with DH Nov 10-16, staying at the Boardwalk (his first time).
With the F & W going on, will the resort be extremely busy and noisy?

I'm thinking I shouldn't have booked his first stay during this time. We can't change the dates.
Poly is my 2nd favorite after Boardwalk. Sometimes, especially on Friday and Saturday night, it gets a tad noisy outside on the Boardwalk as EPCOT closes and the Food and Wine revelers walk back along the boardwalk area. Not terribly noisy, though. The resort itself will not seem busy and loud.

You chose a wonderful time to go....very manageable crowds and wonderful weather.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #1550
jackemail
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank View Post
Ok. I am trying to stay true to my word. We are on our way to the Animal Kingdom this morning so giving an update from my phone. DH dd her two friend and I are the only ones on the bus. It was great seeing our friends from the lounge last night and this morning. Dinner at Via Napoli was very good after we ran to our ADR lol had a great cm that was chatty and played games at the bus stop this morning. Everyone seems so happy and in a good mood. Check back later!
Did I miss more updates from sfbank?.... I am anxiously awaiting more!
Old 08-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #1551
sfbank
DIS Veteran

No I am here sorry! We have been on the run nonstop. Kind of dragging butt today. Relax day tomorrow. I am here to tell you Disney magic is alive and well. Cms are all great. Parks have been easy to navigate. No more than 20 min wait for us on anything. Raining now as we head to EPCOT. Dds friend just wiped out on the boardwalk in front of cat Cora. more later

Old 08-14-2012, 04:47 PM   #1552
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
No I am here sorry! We have been on the run nonstop. Kind of dragging butt today. Relax day tomorrow. I am here to tell you Disney magic is alive and well. Cms are all great. Parks have been easy to navigate. No more than 20 min wait for us on anything. Raining now as we head to EPCOT. Dds friend just wiped out on the boardwalk in front of cat Cora. more later
Great news! Hope you're all enjoying yourself, might I ask if there are any tour groups about or have they gone?
Old 08-14-2012, 06:07 PM   #1553
sfbank
DIS Veteran

Not a tour group but some cheer or Dance group decided to be obnoxious and break out into song at space mountain. Annoying. Only other thing was the flashes on pirates. I asked someone after I got off ride and they told me they can no longer announce during the ride to stop taking flash pics. I don't get it.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #1554
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
I'm so glad to hear about the crowd levels - that sounds just how it usually is this time of the year. I got worried when guests were posting last week that the crowds were horrible in the parks. Thanks for clearing them all out of there for our arrival this weekend

Hope DD's friend is OK. The BW does get very slippery when wet.
Old 08-14-2012, 08:29 PM   #1555
sfbank
DIS Veteran

Kook-dds friend is fine. She busted out laughing like everyone else. They have been doing volleyball and basketball all summer and now in two a day practices so they are tough. Sitting on our balcony right now enjoying a show and taking in the sights and sounds. We have our same mousekeeper from last year. She takes good care of us. Once again, everything is wonderful. Food has been great, lines nonexistent in the mornings. Dd and friends rode TOT 4 times last night at emh with no wait

Old 08-15-2012, 02:55 AM   #1556
Ziggy

Quote:
Not a tour group but some cheer or Dance group decided to be obnoxious and break out into song at space mountain. Annoying. Only other thing was the flashes on pirates. I asked someone after I got off ride and they told me they can no longer announce during the ride to stop taking flash pics. I don't get it.
Thanks

Quote:
Kook-dds friend is fine. She busted out laughing like everyone else. They have been doing volleyball and basketball all summer and now in two a day practices so they are tough. Sitting on our balcony right now enjoying a show and taking in the sights and sounds. We have our same mousekeeper from last year. She takes good care of us. Once again, everything is wonderful. Food has been great, lines nonexistent in the mornings. Dd and friends rode TOT 4 times last night at emh with no wait
I'm getting really excited now and looking forward to my trip
Old 08-15-2012, 04:55 AM   #1557
Ziggy

I've just been looking at the resort map and I presume that CL is around the pink shaded area of the BWI where a bit sticks out, I presume this is the lounge balcony? What I want to know is if it is possible to cross over from the BWI to the BWV via the 4th floor and walk along the corridor to a staircase down to the Clown pool?
Old 08-15-2012, 01:18 PM   #1558
GAN
DIS Veteran

Location: Between the Port of Indecision and Southwest of Disorder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank
Dd and friends rode TOT 4 times last night at emh with no wait
Wow ...last time we were there in August, about 4 years ago, we waited around 40 minutes at midnight in brutally humid conditions -it's a feeling you just can't forget. We'll be back in two days, so this is promising. Thanks for the update.
Old 08-16-2012, 06:52 AM   #1559
sfbank
DIS Veteran

Here for an update. Standing waiting to get in to the Magic Kingdom for early entry. Pretty big crowd. I will report if they are checking room keys at rides. Weather is nice. Dinner at 9 Dragons two nights ago was very good. First time there for us. Off property for dinner last night. Ok. Park is opening so I will report in later

Old 08-16-2012, 08:09 AM   #1560
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Here for an update. Standing waiting to get in to the Magic Kingdom for early entry. Pretty big crowd. I will report if they are checking room keys at rides. Weather is nice. Dinner at 9 Dragons two nights ago was very good. First time there for us. Off property for dinner last night. Ok. Park is opening so I will report in later
Have a great time!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: