Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 09:45 PM   #1516
turningleaf
Mouseketeer

Also when people speak of overflow, they probably mean that they were seated in the small lobby just outside of the Lounge doors, where there is a small couch and coffee table. But still inside the CL "wing".

I also wanted to say that the longer walk to the CL "wing" is due to the layout of Boardwalk Inn itself, being long and sprawling, vs for example WL which is more vertical. Even if you could imagine that the whole 4th floor were made into CL, some CL rooms would still end up being quite far from the elevator lobby.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:54 PM   #1517
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mousemommy1 View Post
This is what confused me, because it seems as though the CL rooms are beyond the lounge??? Like you go through the lounge to get to the rooms??? Because some people referenced being in an "overflow CL room" that wasn't beyond "the locked entrance"...I'm just trying to picture it.
I never really understood it all either and would often get confused when people talked about it .

Quote:
Originally Posted by padawans View Post
The Cl is on the 4th floor along with the non- cl rooms. I also know you have to request a BW view. Its not guaranteed. I have booked CL at the BW many times, but have always ended up downgrading to standard room. BW Cl is on my bucket list. You know how it is with the changes.

I love the resort. The pool area is fantastic. Rooms are great. The atmosphere is lively and fun. I wish I could help you out more with the Cl. Our resident BW Cl expert is no longer on the board unfortunately.
When I first started researching BWI CL, I thought a BW view was automatic, but then realized it was just a request. If you don't mind me asking, is there a reason you have always changed from CL to a standard room? I have heard great things about CL there as well as the resort as a whole so hopefully one of these times we'll give it a try .

Quote:
Originally Posted by turningleaf View Post
When the elevator doors open to the 4th floor, one first walks past several non-CL rooms. Keep walking past those those non-CL rooms and you reach a CM desk area and a keyed entry door to the CL area. This desk area is the greeting area for CL guests and where you would do your check-in. If the CM is at the desk, he or she will usually "buzz" you in, or if no one is at the desk you can use your room key.

Once you enter the keyed entry door, then you will find the CL rooms. The CL Lounge itself is located along this hallway - the hallway opens up into a small lobby at some point, where the CL Lounge is on your right. But then past the Lounge, the lobby tapers into a corridor again and becomes more CL rooms all the way to ESPN. So you don't walk through the Lounge to get to the CL rooms - the Lounge is a separate room off to one side with double doors. Also there is a second CM desk in the Lounge.

It felt like a bit of a long walk to me the first time, but since then I've decided it's actually not bad once you know where you are going. Then there are a few rooms which are CL but located outside of the keyed door (must be referenced on the first page) and some people don't like staying there, since to get to the lounge, once must constantly go through the entry door to the CL area. However one of these rooms has the biggest balcony I've seen for a CL room. Some people also like these rooms because they are closer to the elevator.

Now there are other CL rooms on the 3rd floor - I believe they are the Deluxe Rooms. I'm not sure whether there is also a keyed area on the 3rd floor. I've only ever stayed on the 4th floor.

Hope that helps.
Thank you for the detailed description, it really helps me picture the way the lounge is and where the rooms are located .

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Padawans is correct about having to request the BW view, I was trying to talk DH into doing CL but he wants the Water View and does not want to risk being on the courtyard side.

I be Happy with the Std room myself, but getting the WV upgrade in March just spoiled DH now.
Waterview would be a nice view too .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #1518
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

What is everyone's favorite thing about BW??

Old 08-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #1519
elgerber
Sometimes you gotta bite the bullet & see a movie alone
Likes to grill year round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post

Location!!!!!!!!! Walking to Epcot anytime we feel like it, and the peaceful stroll to DHS!!
Old 08-13-2012, 01:55 PM   #1520
Grumpy Grandma
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post

Walking to two parks! Walking on the Boardwalk in the evening. So many food options to walk to! Guess that was more than one!!!
Old 08-13-2012, 02:15 PM   #1521
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Thanks!!
Old 08-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #1522
dunangst
Mouseketeer

Location...close to great food both in EP and on the Bwalk. Great gym, pool and views...
Old 08-13-2012, 04:05 PM   #1523
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I never really understood it all either and would often get confused when people talked about it .

When I first started researching BWI CL, I thought a BW view was automatic, but then realized it was just a request. If you don't mind me asking, is there a reason you have always changed from CL to a standard room? I have heard great things about CL there as well as the resort as a whole so hopefully one of these times we'll give it a try .

Thank you for the detailed description, it really helps me picture the way the lounge is and where the rooms are located .

Waterview would be a nice view too .
It was always the DXDP winning out of over CL. Now that I have tried Cl. I will never go back to a dining plan. Dining plans are too much money anyway. It was a great deal 4 years ago, but not the case anymore. .
Old 08-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #1524
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It was always the DXDP winning out of over CL. Now that I have tried Cl. I will never go back to a dining plan. Dining plans are too much money anyway. It was a great deal 4 years ago, but not the case anymore. .
We are ditching the DDP next year too!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 08-13-2012, 04:21 PM   #1525
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree. When we first got the DDP, it was a great deal and even after they took the tip away, we still found it a deal for our family over paying OOP. We tried the DlxDDP in December 2010 and loved it!!! But with that said, the cost has just gotten too outrageous, especially for the deluxe plan . We are contemplating getting APs for our next trip and getting the TiW card. After doing a price comparison, we come out better using the TiW card over either DDP. If we don't do APs, we will probably go with a CL room and pay OOP for meals in the future.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
Old 08-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #1526
padawans
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I agree. When we first got the DDP, it was a great deal and even after they took the tip away, we still found it a deal for our family over paying OOP. We tried the DlxDDP in December 2010 and loved it!!! But with that said, the cost has just gotten too outrageous, especially for the deluxe plan . We are contemplating getting APs for our next trip and getting the TiW card. After doing a price comparison, we come out better using the TiW card over either DDP. If we don't do APs, we will probably go with a CL room and pay OOP for meals in the future.
The TIW is a huge savings over the DXDP. You will be surprised how much less you spend on food. The best part is alcoholic drinks are included in the 20% discount.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #1527
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
The TIW is a huge savings over the DXDP. You will be surprised how much less you spend on food. The best part is alcoholic drinks are included in the 20% discount.
I couldn't believe the savings when I did a price comparison. The 20% on food is great, but having alcoholic drinks included in that 20% is just an added perk .

Old 08-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #1528
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I couldn't believe the savings when I did a price comparison. The 20% on food is great, but having alcoholic drinks included in that 20% is just an added perk .
We're going to pick up a TIW card for our April trip. Good to hear that it sounds like it's worth it!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ
Old 08-13-2012, 05:01 PM   #1529
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We're going to pick up a TIW card for our April trip. Good to hear that it sounds like it's worth it!
Even with a cost of $75 (I think that's what the TiW costs), we have 2 older teens (boys) who can eat, so it won't take us long to break even before the savings start to kick in .

Old 08-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #1530
Missyrose
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Even with a cost of $75 (I think that's what the TiW costs), we have 2 older teens (boys) who can eat, so it won't take us long to break even before the savings start to kick in .
We did DxDP last October and bought the TIW card for alcohol, then used the TIW for our March trip and we definitely LOVED TIW. No more dining plans for us. We liked the freedom of ordering what we felt like, eating appetizers instead of desserts and we saved WAY more money using TIW than we did using DxDP. You guys will love TIW!
'86, '90, '94, '98, '09, '10 -- Off site, 10/2011 -- CR, 3/2012 -- Windsor Hills, 10/2012 -- BCV/AKV-Jambo, 01/2013 -- BWV, 5/2013 -- BLT, 10/2013 -- YC CL, 5/2014 -- BWV, 08/2014 -- VGF/BLT, 12/2014 -- BWV, 4/2015 -- BLT

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: