Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2012, 11:50 AM   #1486
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
I'm staying at the BWI CL and am wondering if its worth doing the online check-in or not? If I do it and don't like my room will I be able to change or if I do it will it speed up check-in? I can't make my mind up. I did send a room request for a room with twin beds, an Illuminations/garden view plus close to the lounge as my daughter has health problems.
I did OCI for BWI/CL this past March. I was just curious about the process. The only difference with not doing OCI was that my credit card information was already in their system so I didn't have to give them my card. Other than that, there was no difference or advantage. We were still taken up to the CL check-in where we were given our key and paperwork. If I hadn't liked the room location, I could have just walked right back to the Innkeeper's Club check-in desk to try to resolve it.

Whether you do OCI or not, the room assignor will still see your requests that are in your reservation. However, there are no twin beds. Perhaps you meant two queens? Most rooms have two queens and a few have one king. But the king would only be assigned to one or two person occupancy and/or with a child in a crib/PNP.

When you check-in, just ask if your room is close to the lounge and has an Illuminations view. Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by booksandbandaids View Post
WOW! Thanks for all the work. I look forward to reading through this more.
and thank you. Everyone is very helpful here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbank View Post
Nascargirl- you know I will spend but for right now these cancelled flights are really cutting in to my wine and beer money. We are still in Iowa and wasting money in the airport. Delta has cancelled two flights at two different airports. They did get us on an American airlines flight though. Hopefully I can start reporting soon
I have a friend who flew out of Newark last night and wasn't able to check-in at WL until 0230. I do hope your flight takes off soon. It's cruel to do that to people going to WDW!
Old 08-10-2012, 12:11 PM   #1487
sfbank
DIS Veteran

Kook-amen to that and thanks for the good thoughts!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 01:29 PM   #1488
Ziggy
Playing guitar with the spiders from mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I did OCI for BWI/CL this past March. I was just curious about the process. The only difference with not doing OCI was that my credit card information was already in their system so I didn't have to give them my card. Other than that, there was no difference or advantage. We were still taken up to the CL check-in where we were given our key and paperwork. If I hadn't liked the room location, I could have just walked right back to the Innkeeper's Club check-in desk to try to resolve it.

Whether you do OCI or not, the room assignor will still see your requests that are in your reservation. However, there are no twin beds. Perhaps you meant two queens? Most rooms have two queens and a few have one king. But the king would only be assigned to one or two person occupancy and/or with a child in a crib/PNP.

When you check-in, just ask if your room is close to the lounge and has an Illuminations view. Good luck!

Thank you so much, yes I did mean two queens, I don't want to share a bed with DD . I may do online check-in as I want to ask them to be discreet about my booking for the Tomorrowland Terrace Desert Party which I have book to celebrate DD's 21st .
Old 08-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #1489
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Kook-amen to that and thanks for the good thoughts!
These airlines have no idea how unruly passengers who need to get to WDW can get! Let us know when you've landed safely - your ticker has no time left!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
Thank you so much, yes I did mean two queens, I don't want to share a bed with DD . I may do online check-in as I want to ask them to be discreet about my booking for the Tomorrowland Terrace Desert Party which I have book to celebrate DD's 21st .
I don't want to share a bed with my DD either (it's mutual). Other than handing you your itinerary (which BWI didn't give us in March, but I had printed my own at home), there shouldn't be any mention of any of your bookings. If they do give you an itinerary, just don't show it to your DD and she won't know. Congratulations to your DD on her 21st birthday. What a milestone!
Old 08-11-2012, 08:16 AM   #1490
sfbank
DIS Veteran

Ok. I am trying to stay true to my word. We are on our way to the Animal Kingdom this morning so giving an update from my phone. DH dd her two friend and I are the only ones on the bus. It was great seeing our friends from the lounge last night and this morning. Dinner at Via Napoli was very good after we ran to our ADR lol had a great cm that was chatty and played games at the bus stop this morning. Everyone seems so happy and in a good mood. Check back later!

Old 08-11-2012, 08:42 AM   #1491
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Hello everyone... Considering Boardwalk Villas for January trip... So I thought I'd stop by and say hi!
Old 08-11-2012, 09:19 AM   #1492
AirGoofy
DIS Dad#341
Savvy!
I have yet to snag one of those recliner seats right in front of the big screen TV

Quote:
Ok. I am trying to stay true to my word. We are on our way to the Animal Kingdom this morning so giving an update from my phone. DH dd her two friend and I are the only ones on the bus. It was great seeing our friends from the lounge last night and this morning. Dinner at Via Napoli was very good after we ran to our ADR lol had a great cm that was chatty and played games at the bus stop this morning. Everyone seems so happy and in a good mood. Check back later!
Sounds fun, except running for th ADR. I enjoy those empty buses to the parks really early in the AM, especially when you have a talkative, rumor sharing bus driver. Another extra magic from WDW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
Hello everyone... Considering Boardwalk Villas for January trip... So I thought I'd stop by and say hi!
Good choice. Good planning.
DIS Dad #341
WDW Commando #187
Disneytopia LIVE! DVC Trip Reports
2014 DDC Disney World Series Champion
2011 Dis Dads Pro Football Pick'em Champion
Old 08-11-2012, 12:58 PM   #1493
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Looking for some help :)

HI Everyone,

Me and DS will be stayind at BWV on 8/24 in a Standard Studio just for one night we wanted to request a room nearest the main pool area as that is what we plan on doing our entire day is swimming then going to dinner sleep and move on to our next resort for our Free Dining stay ! So can anyone help us with a room request/ area that is near this area for our stay like I said we have a STANDARD STUDIO booked. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we have never stayed at BWV before . Thanks in advance
Old 08-11-2012, 01:36 PM   #1494
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
HI Everyone,

Me and DS will be stayind at BWV on 8/24 in a Standard Studio just for one night we wanted to request a room nearest the main pool area as that is what we plan on doing our entire day is swimming then going to dinner sleep and move on to our next resort for our Free Dining stay ! So can anyone help us with a room request/ area that is near this area for our stay like I said we have a STANDARD STUDIO booked. Any help would be greatly appreciated as we have never stayed at BWV before . Thanks in advance
Is this a standard studio on cash through Disney Reservation Center or a standard studio through DVC Member Services? They are different.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 08-11-2012, 03:09 PM   #1495
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

I am renting points for garden/ pool studio... Is it far from main pool? Lobby?

We always loved visiting Boardwalk so I figured it's time we stay there!!
Old 08-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #1496
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
Is this a standard studio on cash through Disney Reservation Center or a standard studio through DVC Member Services? They are different.
I am renting points from a DVC owner thru the Rent/Trade board
Old 08-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #1497
Deb & Bill
DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflygirl35 View Post
I am renting points for garden/ pool studio... Is it far from main pool? Lobby?

We always loved visiting Boardwalk so I figured it's time we stay there!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy22 View Post
I am renting points from a DVC owner thru the Rent/Trade board
The standard DVC points studio will be along the front drive. You might request near the elevator or near a stairwell to get you to the pool more easily.

The garden/pool studio on points are around the pools and along the Village Green area (the grassy area between the BWI and BWV along the boardwalk). These are not BW view. You can also request near the elevator to get to the pool or near a stairwell to take the stairs down to the pool.

The BWV only has one elevator bank the come up from the lobby area kind of between the Luna Park pool and the leisure (quiet) pool.

Stop the madness. No more DVC construction.
Bring back Vacation Magic. Dump Disney Files!
Stopped drinking the Kool-aid long ago.
Old 08-11-2012, 10:48 PM   #1498
Goofy22
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb & Bill View Post
The standard DVC points studio will be along the front drive. You might request near the elevator or near a stairwell to get you to the pool more easily.

The garden/pool studio on points are around the pools and along the Village Green area (the grassy area between the BWI and BWV along the boardwalk). These are not BW view. You can also request near the elevator to get to the pool or near a stairwell to take the stairs down to the pool.

The BWV only has one elevator bank the come up from the lobby area kind of between the Luna Park pool and the leisure (quiet) pool.
Thanks for the info it's much appreciated can't wait we are really looking foward to our stay.
Old 08-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #1499
Butterflygirl35
DIS Veteran

Thanks Deb & Bill!
Old 08-12-2012, 12:04 PM   #1500
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

We have switched our reservation from Poly CL to BWI CL!!!! I am pretty scared of the clown slide and it has kept me from booking here before, but I'm ready to face my fears!!! Oh, the thought of my children being spit out by that clown....

Oh well, do the standard CL rooms all look out over the Boardwalk??? What views are options?? TIA!

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: