Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 06:56 PM   #136
jackemail
DIS Veteran

nascargirl--glad you had another good trip! Definitely sounds like you had some good visits with the lounge scoundrels.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #137
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

pumpkinfish, that's a wonderful story and I love your photos. It's difficult to describe how amazing a Boardwalk view room is in the morning. So calm and peaceful. I would have neve guessed that before staying there, but our BWI mornings are some of our favorites at Disney. I could sit out on that balcony for hours (actually, I can't - I have an energetic husband and three very active boys - but that sounds like a nice idea!)
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-18-2012, 09:53 PM   #138
Babette01
Earning My Ears

][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hi! My name is Babs and I am a Boardwalkaholic. I am addicted to this thread and all things Boardwalk. At first I was too shy and afraid to stand up and be counted but reading this thread, studying the pictures, and getting to know you...I know I am not alone. Thank you, thank you!!! It is such a relief to know there are more of you out there proud of your addiction. I no longer have to lurk in the shadows reading all the other threads about the other resorts. I am a proud Boardwalkian and I can share my addiction with all of you!!!

That being said...I can't wait to go in November...but I know this thread will keep me strong, informed, in touch, prepared and will give me my daily fix. Keep it comin' this thread is my lifeline...

And only you know how that feels...Thank you!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:27 PM   #139
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babette01 View Post
][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Hi! My name is Babs and I am a Boardwalkaholic. I am addicted to this thread and all things Boardwalk. At first I was too shy and afraid to stand up and be counted but reading this thread, studying the pictures, and getting to know you...I know I am not alone. Thank you, thank you!!! It is such a relief to know there are more of you out there proud of your addiction. I no longer have to lurk in the shadows reading all the other threads about the other resorts. I am a proud Boardwalkian and I can share my addiction with all of you!!!

That being said...I can't wait to go in November...but I know this thread will keep me strong, informed, in touch, prepared and will give me my daily fix. Keep it comin' this thread is my lifeline...

And only you know how that feels...Thank you!
Welcome to the club and if you are addicted to the Boardwalk this is right place to be.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:28 PM   #140
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Is it possible to take pictures from top of the Pool slide?

Once again I was looking at the amazing picutres of the Luna Park Pool area posted by WDWKOOK and I had this idea of something I want to try when I at the Boardwalk this coming August. Once the slide is closed for the evening is it possible that I can walk right up to the top and get some pictures from that area or do you think it's not allowed?
Old 01-19-2012, 05:34 AM   #141
sjs314
"Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever" Walt Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR Resort Fan 4 Life View Post
Once again I was looking at the amazing picutres of the Luna Park Pool area posted by WDWKOOK and I had this idea of something I want to try when I at the Boardwalk this coming August. Once the slide is closed for the evening is it possible that I can walk right up to the top and get some pictures from that area or do you think it's not allowed?
Is the area well lit after the Pool Closes? I should think there might be a chain to keep people from going up the slide after hours when there is no life guard present?

I do like your idea about getting pictures from that vantage point, the pool area is another thing about BWI that I fell in love with as I did my research into the resort.

Shawn 1/9/70-2/13/12
Jason 8/21/79-7/15/09
Sheila
Old 01-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #142
pas130
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
I'm sure all of you will be happy. I know we all fuss about where to stay and for how long and which resort is the best, but in the end, barring an illness or unforeseen event, we ALL usually have a great WDW vacation and want to go back, right?
Absolutely...but as you recall, our Poly check-in was less than magical but I'm willing to give it another go. And it was less than magical because the CM at check-in never gave me a lei, and was kinda indifferent (I am a brat) But I still love the Poly...I know HRH will LOVE BWI!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
pas - I am betting if you keep the reservation at BWI your DH will find something to love about it there and he will have 2 days at the Poly and his beloved waterfall. I think it is a good split
We are going the other way around now so I hope we aren't disappointed in the Poly after staying at BWI....it's all good..And the garden suites would be perfect for DH and I
Old 01-19-2012, 11:12 AM   #143
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs314 View Post
Is the area well lit after the Pool Closes? I should think there might be a chain to keep people from going up the slide after hours when there is no life guard present?

I do like your idea about getting pictures from that vantage point, the pool area is another thing about BWI that I fell in love with as I did my research into the resort.

Well if I see a chain blocking the entrance then obviously I can't do that, so I guess I will wait and see if this can be done when I am there.

Last edited by CR Resort Fan 4 Life; 01-19-2012 at 12:27 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #144
nascargirl
DIS Veteran

jackemail-We sure did have a wonderful visit and looking forward to the end of April with those great lounge scoundrels.
Old 01-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #145
ClareH37
DIS Veteran

nascargirl - any trip at the BWI CL is so wonderful isn't it, really hope we get to stay there the same time one year. Wish I was going back sooner but never mind .... here's hoping for a heatwave in the UK so at least it'll 'feel' like Florida

1992/1994/1995/1997/1999/2001 - Offsite/POFQ * December 2004 - CSR, YC * December 2006 - YC CL * May 2007 - BWI * December 2007 - GF RPC, BWI CL * May 2009 - BWI CL *
May 2010 - BWI CL * November 2011 - BWI CL * December 2012 - BC CL * May 2014 - GF CL & WL CL *
Old 01-19-2012, 12:57 PM   #146
disneyed
“I always like to look on the optimistic side of life, but I am realistic enough to know that life is a complex matter.”

I'll be at the BWI for the first time tomorrow! Super excited. Any last minute tips?

January 2012 - BoardWalk Inn

January 2013 - Beach Club Resort

Me DW : DS (10) DD (4)
Old 01-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #147
chinarider
DIS Veteran

questions please regarding the boardwalk area. we want to vist and stroll. Me and my DD17. How much time do you think we should allow? Is it worth visiting during the day or much more enjoyable in the evening? How far a walk is it from HS and Epcot? (looking at making ADR's). Any insight is very helpful. THanks
Old 01-19-2012, 01:08 PM   #148
chimo2u
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyed View Post
I'll be at the BWI for the first time tomorrow! Super excited. Any last minute tips?
Have an amazing time!! and be sure to stop by and let us all live vicariously through you and let us know how you like it!!

Disney Trips:January 15-23, 2008 - AKL CL Celebrating DH leave from Afghanistan | Sept 1-12, 2009 - Storming the World with Friends, AKL CL Free Dining | August 20-29, 2010 Mom n' Son only trip, First time at Beach Club GV CL/ Universal Studios PBH CL ** POSTPONED ** Mom n' Son Trip is back on FEB 5-10, 2011 BC GV/Club Level with Basic DDP/Universal Studios HRH CL Feb 10/11/12 (DS's surprise** ) Sept 29 -Oct 7 2012 Best Friend Getaway POLY CL/ HRH CL
Old 01-19-2012, 01:15 PM   #149
CR Resort Fan 4 Life
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyed View Post
I hope you have a great time and not sure if know these so just incase here are some last minute tips.

When walking to Hollywood Studios you can walk through the Luna Park pool as a short getting to the walkway.

If you go to the ESPN Club and there is a wait for a table on the dining room side, the booths and high top tables on the bar side always have open seating. That means if a table is available you can walk right up to it and sit down.

The Boardwalk entertainers perform every night from 6:30 PM - 10:00 PM at random locations along the Boardwalk. Also if it's raining or to cold outsude then they will perform in the lobby.

If you purchase something at Boardwalk To Go they don't accept the Disney Dining Plan or the KTTW cards as a method of payment. Only cash and regular credit cards.

The Dundries Sundry's store inside the lobby is now selling Boardwalk logo merchandise such as jackets and etc, so if your interested in items like that then you should go there.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:45 PM   #150
lala3291
DIS Veteran

Hello!
We will be arriving in WDW on February 29 and staying through March 6. We will be staying on a standard, club level room at the BWI! We are so excited. We were originally supposed to stay at the Poly, but we wanted to extend our stay and the Poly was not available with our discount code. So, it's off the the BWI! My family cannot wait, BWI is our favorite resort.
We will be traveling over DD's 21st birthday. Do any of you have any tips on something special we could do for her? She is a Disney fanatic and I am so excited that we will be in WDW over her birthday!
Thanks!!

March '98- BC March '00- BWI Feb. '04- BWI Sept '05 BC Nov. '06 -GF Oct. '07- GF August '08-GF Feb. '09- BWI May '10- BWI March '11- BC May '11- BWI July '11- BWI Nov. '11- GF Feb. '12- BC July '12- Poly Nov. '12- GF New Year's '13- Poly Feb. '13- POR June '13- WL August '13- YC Dec. '13- GF March '14- BC July '14- BWI April '14- GF
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: