Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-26-2012, 01:37 PM   #31
IndayMichelle
Hopelessly addicted to DLR and WDW popcorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy_Mom View Post
Anyway, hopefully by the end of the day I'll get my pictures uploaded.
Hooray!

Disneyland 9/04, 9/06, 1/10, 3/10, 11/10, 4/11, 7/11, 10/11, 1/12, Leap Day 2012, 3/12
Contemporary Resort 7/00 - Caribbean Beach Resort 9/08 - Polynesian Resort 4/10

IndayMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 09:13 PM   #32
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

pictures from our prestident's weekend trip

The Little Mermaid

Family Tree at Trader Sam's, not a great shot, we were sitting right under it.

Diva hula hooping at elTRONica.

Diva and Monkey in line for the Storybook boats

Pros-teeth-sis

Jedi Monkey

Jedi Diva

Diva and Monkey with Mardi Gras Chip and Dale

POTC Blackbeard

Our first celebrity siting. According to Diva, this girl plays Emma on "Jesse". Zoey was there, too, but I couldn't get a good shot of her. There were doing some filming on Tom Saywer Island

Hidden Mickey on the Winie the Pooh ride

I have more, but in moderation

Update on our June trip. I learned that Cars Land is having an AP premeir June 10-12. If I can get the retro rate at HOJO's we'll shift our vacation a week later. I also have to confirm that this is true. Kinda bittersweet. I liked having our trip the first week of June because the crowds should be less intense that week (when comparing to the rest of the summer) and the weather is still somewhat toleratable usually. Still, it shouldn't be too bad the following week scince we are going Mon-Fri.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 02-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #33
kaoden39
Prayers and pixie dust from your friends on the DIS
Hugs
I have been flipping all around the internet

Cute pictures!!
kaoden39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:30 AM   #34
IndayMichelle
Hopelessly addicted to DLR and WDW popcorn

I love Diva's ears! Jedi training looks like fun!

Disneyland 9/04, 9/06, 1/10, 3/10, 11/10, 4/11, 7/11, 10/11, 1/12, Leap Day 2012, 3/12
Contemporary Resort 7/00 - Caribbean Beach Resort 9/08 - Polynesian Resort 4/10

IndayMichelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #35
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

It's time for more pictures

Tiki Room

This is the begining of day one, we just got off the tram from the Mickey and Friends parking lot.

Hiemlich's Chew-Chew train at night

Mary Poppins and Bert. We were the last ones for this visit, it was my job to inform the guests behind me that the line was closed after me. One lady tried to squeeze in with us, unfortuanally for her it didn't work. Bert asked me if she was with us, I had to say no.

Some IASW without the holiday overlay. This is the first time in many years I've been on this ride during it's regular operation.

Darth Mahl

We are still on for June 4-8, still staying at HOJO at the retro rate. If I can get the retro rate for the following week, I may switch. There is a good rumor of a AP premire for Cars Land that week. If not, that's okay. We're going back in October and December and possibly January, so it's not like we're NOT going to see it.

I am toying with the idea of driving down 1/101 a day or two before. It may just be a day before. I don't have a lot of stops along the way picked out yet. So far, I would like to play on a beach at Pismo Beach, see the Monarch Butterfly "thing", and stop off at Solvang. I found a central CA coastline website full of things to do all along the coast. If we leave two days before, I can add the childrens muesum in San Luis Obispo. I haven't made it very far through the website yet and I still have to get approval from DH. This is the trip he's going to join us, he may join us for the begining of the trip instead of the end.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:14 PM   #36
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

It's been a while. I think we need more picutres.

Blue Bayou

POTC

Monkey's favorite ride Winnie the Pooh.

So, the latest news: We are NOT doing the CA101/Pacific Hwy drive down. After all the reserch I did and planned out the route and the stops and pitched the idea to DH, he said no. To him, the goal was to get to DL the fastest way possible, taking the coast was going to take all day. (duh) I explained I knew how long it would take and the plan would be to leave Saturday and have two days to drive down the coast and check into HoJo on Monday. Then he said we can do the "coast vacation" by itself some other time. Also on the list for "some other time vacations" are Universal and Legoland. I still don't know when DH will be joining us for our trip, I'm assuming he'll drive down on Thursday and spend Friday with us in the parks. I wouldn't be suprised if he said to bid on a hotel for Friday and Saturday night so we can spend all day Friday and part of Sunday (blocked out on Saturday) at the parks together.

The 60 day mark is coming up. So far I'm penciling in Carnation Cafe for lunch (finally!!! it's been closed the last two times we were there) and Frountier land BBQ. I'm going to try to do that one with all of us. DH also wants to see WOC, too. If we only have Friday to spend together at the parks, it'll be BBQ for lunch and head to DCA after for some rides and WOC picnic. I'm not to sure about the last part. It's such a headache to see that show. The show itself is really cool, but the effort and planning and stratigic manuvous it takes to see it are a bit much. We'll see what happens.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #37
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

It's getting closer!!! I'm getting excited!!! So is Monkey, it think DL is his favorite place. Looking back on the pictures I don't see a single sad face on him. Diva, on the other hand, looks a bit board/tired in some of them. I made our dinning resservations the other day. Tuesday the 5th we'll be having lunch at Big Thunder Ranch, Wednesday the 6th we'll have dinner at Ariel's Grotto and watching WOC in the preffered seating area. On Friday, our last day, we'll have breakfast with Minnie and Friends at the Plaza. I'm still trying to get a retro rate for Sunday the 3rd, but so far I've had no luck. If we can't get a day early, I'll see if I can bid on a hotel on our way home so we can stay longer on Friday. The more I think about it, the more I like plan "b" better. In the mean time, lets reminise on the last trip with more pictures.

It's a Small World

Tiki Room

Trader Sams

POTC

Critter Country
Old 04-19-2012, 12:44 PM   #38
kaoden39
Hugs

Is that last picture taken in Critter Country?
Old 04-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #39
merlib
Mouseketeer

I am toying with the idea of driving down 1/101 a day or two before. It may just be a day before. I don't have a lot of stops along the way picked out yet. So far, I would like to play on a beach at Pismo Beach, see the Monarch Butterfly "thing", and stop off at Solvang. I found a central CA coastline website full of things to do all along the coast. If we leave two days before, I can add the childrens muesum in San Luis Obispo. I haven't made it very far through the website yet and I still have to get approval from DH. This is the trip he's going to join us, he may join us for the begining of the trip instead of the end.

We are going to be coming in California in May! Flying into San Francisco, enjoying the city for a few days, then driving down 1/101 toward LA. We will take 3 days to do this part and will then spend the last 3 days at Disneyland. Can you tell me what website you are talking about that has lots of fun stuff to do along the coast? Would love to take a peak at it!
Old 04-20-2012, 11:49 AM   #40
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoden39 View Post
Is that last picture taken in Critter Country?
Yup! outside the Country Store near the walkway by the Winnie the Pooh exit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlib View Post

We are going to be coming in California in May! Flying into San Francisco, enjoying the city for a few days, then driving down 1/101 toward LA. We will take 3 days to do this part and will then spend the last 3 days at Disneyland. Can you tell me what website you are talking about that has lots of fun stuff to do along the coast? Would love to take a peak at it!
No problem, the site is touringthecentralcoast.com
Old 04-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #41
kaoden39
Hugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy_Mom View Post
Yup! outside the Country Store near the walkway by the Winnie the Pooh exit.

No problem, the site is touringthecentralcoast.com

That's where I thought it had to be.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:31 PM   #42
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

Under 30 days!!!!! We’re all getting very excited!!! Maybe some of you with little ones can help me with this. Diva never did this, so I have no frame of reference. Monkey is going through off/on phases when it comes to rides. The 1st time we went on Pirates, he rode 3 times in a row and wanted to go again. Now he won’t even consider riding it. I know I’m going to have to bribe him on it again once (I refuse to let him give up on the BEST ride in the park!!). Star Tours was the same thing, if there wasn’t a HUGE line we would’ve rode it multiple times his first time. The last time I had to beg him to go on it once. He really thinks we’re traveling at light speed. I’m okay with letting it slide this trip; one bribe/trip is my limit. I know he’s only 4 and I should let it be, I’m just concerned for him.

So, news: I entered the AP early viewing contest for Carsland. The preview is on the 11th. If we win, we’d have to add a couple more days onto our trip. If the funds aren’t there to do this, we’ll pass them off to another AP holder (have to be a AP holder to do the preview). I’m hoping for the AM time slot. I was thinking (more like dreaming) that if we win and get to stay we’d go to Newport Beach and the Disney Studios fountain and maybe Jim Henson Studios on Saturday since we’re blocked out that day anyway.

I also heard that Carnation Café is due to open June 4th or 5th. I was so excited I called Disney Dining to make reservations. The “source” in the parks needs to contact Disney Dining because they don’t have an official opening date yet. I plan to call every Monday to see if I can get a reservation. I also heard that Carnation will also be extending their hours to include dinner. I am a very happy camper!!

I have also been watching a LOT of youtube lately. I’ve come across some filming techniques that I may employ on our future trips. I mostly take pictures, but I’ll add some video in the future so that our finished “year of Disney” movie will be more entertaining. In the meantime, I leave you with pictures of trips past.

Under the sea

Tiki Room

Moose

My favorite band, Billy Hill and the Hillbillies

Monkey's favorite ride, Winnie the Pooh

Sharky and Bones from the Disney Jr show
Old 06-14-2012, 10:53 PM   #43
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

Hey!! We're back!!! We had a great time!!! We didn't get to see Carsland, but that's okay. We braved seniors, had two walk-offs, wittnessed one show malfunction, saw Merida, and did the musical chairs with Alice and Hatter. We also tried The Cove and Tangaroa Terrace for the first time. I'll have a full trip report up in a bit and some cool pictures!! I took over 200 and I even got a shot of the Skeleton Helmsman on Pirates without the use of a flash I also took shots of rides not normally seen, like Alice and Monsters. The Mad T Party was AWESOME!! We got to see "Who are You" aka the dancing slinky. I didn't get any pics of that and we didn't stay very long, my youngest wasn't a fan of how loud is was.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:01 PM   #44
kaoden39
Hugs

Welcome back! It sounds like you had a good trip! I can hardly wait to hear all about it!
Old 06-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #45
Goofy_Mom
Disney Princess

Day one of summer trip! We get up at 6:30am, load the car, get gas and we are on our way. I have no pictures of traveling because I’m the one driving. We arrive at HoJo around 1pm and they have a room for us so we check in. Only a little drama, my bank card/visa wasn’t working. Turns out it was a communications problem between HoJo’s computers and my bank’s computers. Everything turned out fine and we are all checked in. Our room was nothing to write home about, your typical two bed-room and a great view of the freeway. For $69/night, I’m not complaining.
After checking in, we walk down to the parks (DL first) and we get six autographs, 10 attractions, and see the Hillbillies. I didn’t get any pictures of the Hillbillies this time, but I did get some good video. Unfortunately I’m having difficulty uploading video to photobucket. We headed back to the hotel around 10 pm, it’s been a long day for us and we wanted to get some sleep so we could get an early start the next day.

First character of our trip: Queen of Hearts. Instead of autograph books that get shelved and forgotten, I went to Michaels and got some caps and a fabric marker for the characters to sign. The characters and a lot of guests commented on what a good idea it was. It's also cheaper than an autograph book

The next characters were Pooh and friends. We usually get to see two at Pooh's spot, but this time we were first in line for the new rotation of three characaters:

Monkey in line for Jungle Cruise

The kids in line for Alice

The end of the day, we're headed out back to the hotel. Monkey is konked out, but we made sure these two signed his hat, too

I have to upload some ride picutres to photobucket. I'v got some good ones of Alice and some more of Pooh.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: