Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2012, 04:56 PM   #46
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by micandminforever View Post
The one day I decide to clean house before checking facebook and the dis, I end on on the second page.
I decided to go to the gym, and do a bit of shopping today, even talked to a certain MeMom today and look how late I am!!!!

I did find another Mingo for Bella, when it gets here, I'll send it on, plus a little something I had for Brook. Now in the meantime there is the box on it's way as of today with the plushies that I forgot to pack in December and a little something for MeMom who doesn't tell her friend about the new TR...
Old 01-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #47
disney<333
DIS Veteran

I think the Mingo story is so cute and funny, I don't think Bella agrees though. Poor baby! One day she will look back and laugh. I sure hope Mingo gets returned to its owner.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2012, 05:13 PM   #48
Valgoof
DIS Veteran

Yay!! Can't wait to hear about this trip! Have read all your trip reports, but am going to try to keep up on this one and comment occasionally.
Poor Mingo and Bella.
Glad Bella is enjoying the characters now!!
Love the New Year's Eve pic. And LOVE those lights. Saw them in person for the first time a month ago. So amazing.

3 trips as a kid/teen-Offsite Dec 2011-Offsite Dec 2012-Pop Century Feb 2014-OKW Nov 2014-SSR

Old 01-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #49
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran

Wow...page 4...you are very popular ladies...glad to be here!

I so enjoy my DIS time with you!

I didn't know the story about Bella loosing her Mingo, poor little one.
I bet she will be happy when Wig'd's package gets there with a replacement. Should put a smile on her face.

It would be so cool if Brooklynn becomes an AK vet one day, I hope her dream comes true.

I'm looking forward to seeing Bella with the characters.

Congrats on getting an ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table for the summer trip.

Let's get this party going...bring on those fabulous shopping pics!
Old 01-14-2012, 07:22 PM   #50
pinkxray
DIS Veteran

Wow, page 4 already. I'm in and I'll try to keep up this time.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:47 PM   #51
Stasieki
DIS Veteran

Joining in for the fun
Old 01-14-2012, 08:00 PM   #52
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
Oh, that is so sad!!! Poor Bella - no wonder she looked so sad in that picture!

I am enjoying Brook's pics too! Makes me want to go west! Someday...
These TRs and pics on FB are keeping me happy in between my trips!
That was before the fall. Mingo is in the box, but Bella was being very possessive of it - to the point she didn't even want to turn it around and show me. I think she thought I was going to take it, not photgraph it. Silly girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlutosRHM55 View Post
I'm in for another awesome Trip Report!

But PAGE 3!!! Unacceptable.
Glad to have you here, no matter what page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
Wouldn't miss this for the world!
I have been enjoying your beach pictures. The one where your husband is sitting in the beach chair in the crystal clear water - that would be me. I would be kicked back enjoying the warm sun and the cool water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
Excuse me? Are you MY mom? You guys are exactly alike with photos! I got to witness history in Epcot, though...my mother LOVES the pyramid in Mexico and the little Mayan dude in the front, and asked me to take a picture of her with "her Mayan." Granted, she did ask me to take another picture the next day, because she didn't like the other ones, but history was definitely made in our family! I think my dad made some comment like, "good, now people will believe you WERE on vacation with us."

I absolutely will. I kinda feel bad because I realized that I uploaded a ton of pics to Facebook, so anyone who's friends with me on there will have seen most of them already. I do have several I didn't upload so I might dump all those into a private album on Facebook so there are at least some surprise photos. I usually have to fight with FB to upload my pics, but they all have to be on there instead of Photobucket because Photobucket and I get along even less.

You know what's weird...the answer is no! I cannot remember the last time we went all the way to January with no snow. We had some snow at the end of October, but it was a total non-event in my area; maybe an inch of slushy stuff that melted immediately. Western Mass is what got hit the hardest with that ("Snow-tober" as all the news stations called it.) Last year was horrible because we got storm after storm and the temperatures were never above freezing, so it didn't even begin to melt till mid-March. Some people are upset with the lack of snow but I am FINE with it after last year!
Somebody made me get in a picture. It was at the Jungle Cruise meet. Marc helped me out, though, by showing me a good hide out spot.

I will be happy if we get our other five snow days, but I don't want it to be cold. It's too hard on the heating bill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Did I hear my name?
Slow, but present!

Uh, Caren. Did I just talk to you earlier and you neglected to tell me about the new TR?
We were talking luaus and Hoop De Doo Revues and such. I guess I didn't think about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Ok, now I feel a bit better. I did not get my list done either but I did manage a good bit.
My biggest failure was not getting to Wilderness Lodge. The day we were going to transfer from somewhere to somewhere else via WL, John thought it would take too long, so we did something different. I truthfully almost took a cab early the last morning just to go over there and get pictures, but I thought it was crazy to spend so much money to go in, take pictures, and pay for a cab right back to Pop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelmom View Post
Oh no, poor Mingo. I hope he is found and returned. I am so glad to see Bella enjoying the characters. She is such a big girl now.
I'm guessing Mingo is having quite the adventure in Adventureland.

Bella was a champ with the characters. There were only a couple of times she didn't want to see some, but other than that, she was great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
I decided to go to the gym, and do a bit of shopping today, even talked to a certain MeMom today and look how late I am!!!!

I did find another Mingo for Bella, when it gets here, I'll send it on, plus a little something I had for Brook. Now in the meantime there is the box on it's way as of today with the plushies that I forgot to pack in December and a little something for MeMom who doesn't tell her friend about the new TR...
Maybe I just thought you were sick of reading about our crazy family after all this time and didn't want to beg you to come and read.

The girls will be thrilled with a Miss Anita Wigd box, of course!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney<333 View Post
I think the Mingo story is so cute and funny, I don't think Bella agrees though. Poor baby! One day she will look back and laugh. I sure hope Mingo gets returned to its owner.
We will all love it if some CM comes across Mingo one of these days and sends him home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgoof View Post
Yay!! Can't wait to hear about this trip! Have read all your trip reports, but am going to try to keep up on this one and comment occasionally.
Poor Mingo and Bella.
Glad Bella is enjoying the characters now!!
Love the New Year's Eve pic. And LOVE those lights. Saw them in person for the first time a month ago. So amazing.
Yes, please do join in the conversation.

Someone said they were a different type of light this year, and they did look brighter and more amazing than ever this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianWDWfan View Post
Wow...page 4......glad to be here!

I so enjoy my DIS time with you!

I didn't know the story about Bella loosing her Mingo, poor little one.
I bet she will be happy when Wig'd's package gets there with a replacement. Should put a smile on her face.

It would be so cool if Brooklynn becomes an AK vet one day, I hope her dream comes true.

I'm looking forward to seeing Bella with the characters.

Congrats on getting an ADR at Cinderella's Royal Table for the summer trip.

Let's get this party going...bring on those fabulous shopping pics!
We won't be a bit surprised if Brooklynn does a Disney College Program and/or works in Animal Kingdom.

Making the ADR did make the wait for the summer trip more exciting.

Jill loaded all the pictures on her computer, so I am hoping she will have time to put them on Photobucket tonight or tomorrow. If not, I will get Drew to get some off this computer onto the external hard drive, then load the new ones, then get them onto Photobucket. The first memory card has 1800+ pictures on it. The second one has around 800.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkxray View Post
Wow, page 4 already. I'm in and I'll try to keep up this time.
Maybe we can keep up with the Links on post #2 to help. I will have to count on Jill for that, too, as I don't know how to do it. We are glad to be gathering up our whole gang of DIS friends for this newest trip. I sometimes wonder if people don't get sick of seeing the same pictures or hearing my goofy and horrible jokes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasieki View Post
Joining in for the fun
Good to see our Tennessee friends coming along!
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #53
vamassey1
DIS Veteran

I'm here but I have to go back and catch up.

All caught up, but I'm so sad about the Mingo. We'll have a look around next month for her.

April 83- Choir trip offsite
Sept 99- Hilton Hotel Plaza
March 02-Movies
Thanksgiving 02-Marriott Hotel Plaza
Mardi Gras 04-Movies
New Years 06-POP
May 07-POP
June 09-POP
Mardi Gras 10-POFQ
Mardi Gras 12-PORS

Last edited by vamassey1; 01-14-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #54
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Ok, I'm dying to know....What or who is Mingo???

Jill in CO
Old 01-14-2012, 10:12 PM   #55
Tink9721
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
It's really okay. You know there will be like 248 more to go!
That's true

Awwww, poor Mingo! I lost a stuffed animal at Disney when I was 9. It was a Tigger that I got earlier in the day. I left him behind in the food court at CBR. I realized it before we got back to the room and we went back but he was gone My mom told guest relations but they never found him. I assume some other kid took him. We replaced him with an identical Tigger but I was still sad. The rest of the trip was much less traumatic

Next: May 2014, Wilderness Lodge!

Old 01-14-2012, 11:00 PM   #56
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Somebody made me get in a picture. It was at the Jungle Cruise meet. Marc helped me out, though, by showing me a good hide out spot.

Quote:
I will be happy if we get our other five snow days, but I don't want it to be cold. It's too hard on the heating bill.
Just heard we will be warming up again. I can deal with a day or two of cold and then a week or two of warm.

Quote:
My biggest failure was not getting to Wilderness Lodge. The day we were going to transfer from somewhere to somewhere else via WL, John thought it would take too long, so we did something different. I truthfully almost took a cab early the last morning just to go over there and get pictures, but I thought it was crazy to spend so much money to go in, take pictures, and pay for a cab right back to Pop.
Mine was not getting over to POP. We had dinner ther before the JC meet so I will trade you POP pictures for WL. I know nothing replaces actually being there but it is better thatn nothing. Unfortunately I wanted to hear the POP christmas music so unless you got some visoe in the lobby are I am afraid I am out of luck.

Quote:
Someone said they were a different type of light this year, and they did look brighter and more amazing than ever this year.
They went all LED this year.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 01-15-2012, 06:16 AM   #57
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamassey1 View Post
I'm here but I have to go back and catch up.

All caught up, but I'm so sad about the Mingo. We'll have a look around next month for her.
If you see a mingo in the top of a Swiss Family Treehouse tree, it is most assuredly Bella's. Some in the group said they heard a thump and not a splash, so we do not think he made it to water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedijill View Post
Ok, I'm dying to know....What or who is Mingo???

Jill in CO
Anita, the gift giver extraordinaire, had just given Bella, lover of mingos (flamingos, to the general populations) a Christmas ornament mingo. Bella did not want to part with it - not letting me even glance at it and not letting Jill put it in her bag. Mingo apparently felt that Bella was going to be quite the possessive type and flew the coop (or the Treehouse, in this case) within minutes. Bella shed many tears over her new friend, and if he comes back, I think she has learned her lesson about letting Mommy hold things while Treehouse climbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink9721 View Post
That's true

Awwww, poor Mingo! I lost a stuffed animal at Disney when I was 9. It was a Tigger that I got earlier in the day. I left him behind in the food court at CBR. I realized it before we got back to the room and we went back but he was gone My mom told guest relations but they never found him. I assume some other kid took him. We replaced him with an identical Tigger but I was still sad. The rest of the trip was much less traumatic
I would say at a regular attraction or ride, we might have a chance. At the Treehouse, who knows if we will ever see Mingo again. At least he has plenty of bird friends in Magic Kingdom to keep him company.

I'd like to get a bird's-eye view of the Treehouse right now to see if we could spot Sir Mingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Just heard we will be warming up again. I can deal with a day or two of cold and then a week or two of warm.

Mine was not getting over to POP. We had dinner ther before the JC meet so I will trade you POP pictures for WL. I know nothing replaces actually being there but it is better thatn nothing. Unfortunately I wanted to hear the POP christmas music so unless you got some visoe in the lobby are I am afraid I am out of luck.

They went all LED this year.
I couldn't remember the term, but yes, the lights were noticeably brighter and so beautiful this year.

So far, we have had only a few very cold days, and nothing like we had last year. Maybe Mother Nature is taking pity on me, knowing there is no spring break trip to revive me in a couple of months. Mostly I will be happy for the heating bill not to be sucking up all of my Disney dollars.

I don't think I did do any video at Pop. I am sorry. It seems like we don't do a good job of showing video, so I didn't do much period. We'll have to live with our regrets. I'm glad you got WL pictures for us, and you can always youtube some Pop Century Christmas for you.

I saw this on Glenda's FB this morning. Lots of great pictures for us as we await the grand new Fantasyland!

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/8543
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #58
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I don't think I did do any video at Pop. I am sorry. It seems like we don't do a good job of showing video, so I didn't do much period. We'll have to live with our regrets. I'm glad you got WL pictures for us, and you can always youtube some Pop Century Christmas for you.
I am sure there will be a next time. What fun would it be if we crossed everything off our list?

Of course very soon there will be things added to our list.

Quote:
I saw this on Glenda's FB this morning. Lots of great pictures for us as we await the grand new Fantasyland!

http://wdwnewstoday.com/archives/8543
See ?!?!? New things added to the list. I am glad they reopened the Firehouse and found something exciting to draw people there.

Looks like by this report Dumbo is now March instead of Presidents weekend.

To make you feel better about no Spring break trip, at least there will be stuff done by the time you go. Spring break it might or might not be done.

Looks like Fantasyland with walls up around Dumbo now is all walled in again. I look forward to seeing it "big" again.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL?Can't wait to go back
Old 01-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #59
jedijill
Chiefs fan living in Bronco country

Thanks for the Mingo explanation! Poor Mingo! I hope someone finds him soon!

BTW...nice to see someone else named Jill....not that many of us around.

Jill in CO
Old 01-15-2012, 09:24 AM   #60
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Here, even though it is on the fourth page!

Oh, well, as long as I don't miss any of the fun!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: