Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #1576
xoktenox
DIS Veteran

Wow, you guys have the most awesome parties!! I wish I was so creative! The girls are super lucky!

AKL is just great, including Kidani. I love how they just have activities like that for the little ones. It's a nice break from the parks while still keeping the kids entertained!
7-8/13- BWV~~3/14- OKW~~ 8/14- AS Music, VGF & Pop~~ 10/14- SSR (2nd anniversary!)~~11/14- ?? (Chris' 30th birthday)

Current PTR: August 2014 Birthday & Anniversary Celebration with the (GASP!) Non-Believers

Old 05-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #1577
IheartDDuck
DIS Veteran

Wow, great party! I think you should be a party planner for sure. Then I could have you come here and help me with parties. I'm terrible at them!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #1578
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by <3myfamily View Post
BEST PARTY EVER!!!!
Out of all your parties.... this is my favorite. Way to go MeMom (and Jill too), awesome job!
Thanks. You are very kind. We enjoyed doing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydreamingdebby View Post
I was a couple of days behind, but that just means I get to read more updates!!!

Congratulations on the new princess joining the family!!

What a fantastic party (as always)- I love that they moved around the World!!

Thank you for the AKL pictures. Only 69 days (that still sounds like a lot) until we are are enjoying those Zebra domes!
We're in the low 50's on our count. The last month of schoo is always very busy, so I really won't have loads of time to think about it, and Jill stays on the go with the girls and work, so it'll be the same for her. I think it will hit us when we're down to about three weeks.

I don't know if you were around when we did the party with all four parks represented. That one was fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmillercrew View Post
I love your pics MeMom!
I am glad.
I hope to see you in one of my pictures this summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
That looks like such a fun craft activity! I had no idea AKL did that.

I was actually thinking about zebra domes earlier (my mind tends to wander when I'm stuck in traffic in Boston, trying to get home from school), and then I saw the pictures. So very good!
Brooklynn made a Mother's Day gift for Jill over at AKL a couple of years ago. Any kind of craft, she enjoys.

My mind wanders when I am driving, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
I had no idea AKL did crafts like that! That's so cool, and I love how they rotate the animal that gets the funding each day! Your animal pictures are so good - I could watch that savannah all day!
That was the first time we had actually been inside, so I was excited to get new pictures. I will get more this summer, as I am sure Brooklynn and I will head over there for another craft time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinkyTinkyTinky View Post
What a cute party! I love the theme and those hats and aprons are too cute! What a spread you had laid out too! That must have taken quite a bit of time. How do you cook all that food at once? That's always a challenge for me when fixing for a crowd. It's hard to get it all to come out at the right time. Those girls are going to have such great memories from their childhood when they are grown though! That makes it all worth it!

Love the AKL craft time! I really enjoy stuff like that and it makes such great souviners since the kids make it themselves. I also love that they allow anyone to participate and not just people who are staying at that resort!
I sure do hope the girls have good memories of me. I know how important sweet memories of Joan have been to us.

I've cooked for crowds for a lot of years - ball teams, camps, family groups. I always overdo, but no on has ever had to 'be kind' and take only small portions so that the people behind them would have enough to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mndisneygirl View Post
I think that was an awesome craft! My girls did one in Dec. 2009 and made a "giraffe" ornament with ostrich egg shells. We hang them on our Disney tree with pride and fond memories of our first stay at AKL!

They look so cute working hard on their projects! I hope to wander over to Kidani on our next visit. It looks beautiful!
I am thinking we will get some clear ornaments and put some of he shells on them in December.

Little things like coloring a picture or doing a craft can be nice moments on a busy Disney trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
A Chef Mickey party!!! I absolutely love each and every detail you put into your parties. It looks like so much fun!

Goodness Animal Kingdom Lodge is so pretty. I love the fun things Disney does for kids, like the ornaments. I bet Mr. Zebra appreciated the donation as well!
We're talking about maybe Pirates and Princesses for a party next spring.

I hope we helped feed a zebra a piece of grass or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasieki View Post
Your Chef Mickey Party looked fabulous. How do you do it all? Job, Out of this World Memom, Great Party, etc. I’m lucky if my laundry gets done over the weekend. Hahaha.
Stay up late and get up early...

and save the laundry for later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LookinUp View Post
Thanks, MeMom! More ways to entice DH to not skip our fall trip this year. He wants to do a cruise instead, plus save up for a deluxe WDW trip next year. But I can't wait! I'm using food to help him see things right. I started with news of Starbucks coming to Disney. Plus the AoA food court looks awesome.

Your Chef Mickey party, especially the Goofy Golf, was another inspired piece of work - er, fun! How much fun it must be to plan and put together such imaginative events. Thanks so much for sharing.
As interesting as the AoA pictures are, I still think I am going to like it for its outsides more than for its insides. I may change my mind in time, but for now, I'm more excited to get pictures than to really stay there. The biggest factor for that, perhaps, is the fact that the suites have indoor corridors and no balconies. Not the most inviting situation for a claustrophobic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCKK View Post
Looked like a fun Chef Mickey's party! I enjoyed the photos at Kidani and the Zebra Domes look out of this world good! Maybe this time we'll get to try them!
You haven't had them yet???
You'll have to tell us what you think.
There are those who do not like them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megablocks View Post
Just saw the link to the AoA food court...makes me SO excited! I can't wait for you guys to be there. I am dying to know if I'll be able to go over and check it out when we're at Pop next!
I read on another thread that a Pop Century manager told a DISer last week that Pop and AoA would be called sister resorts. We shall see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kgroo View Post
OK - I was behind again. Work keeps getting in the way

LOVE the party. The aprons and hats were such a fun touch. You guys really get so creative.

The pics of AKL were a fun break from the day. It is such a beautiful resort - we stayed on our first trip with Chloe. She really didn't appreciate how wonderful it all was at 16 months. She just thought the elevator was cool.

Hope you are having a good week -
AKL is beautiful. Chloe will appreciate more in years to come. I bet she'll love seeing the animals.

This week was special because it moved us into May, which means June comes next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stace208 View Post
That craft was too cute! Adding that to my list for our Christmas trip.

Mmmm, zebra domes. We aren't eating at Boma this summer so I'll have to stop in and grab a box (or two) of them. Might as well make good use of that fridge at OKW, right?
Yes, they definitely need to go in that fridge. Death comes to domes who do not make it to the fridge, and it is not a pretty sight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartangirl View Post
That party looked AMAZING!!! Great job putting it together! The hats and aprons were adorable!!!

Those zebra domes look so delicious! Can you believe I've never tried one? I think I need to add it to my to-do list!

Love the craft that the girls got to do! Super cute!
It all started with an apron... We ordered those months ago when we first started talking about this party.

I have heard a few say that they didn't like zebra domes, but most think they are pretty good stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkgurl View Post
Zebra domes!! Another thing I am missing about WDW!!

I really enjoyed the pictures of your group looking at the animals at AKL. The resort is beautiful as well!
I was so glad that Trent and Jarvis had gotten there. They had both been working so much, and the were so looking forward to the down time and fun time.

I have been working backward trying to put page numbers up for those updates that have pictures. Jill had time to start it, but only got so far. I figure if I work backwards, I'll get to where she left off soon. Anyway, if anyone is interested in seeing pictures only and not jibber jabber, I hope that helps you. Go to my first post on the first page and scroll to the bottom. Everyone is very busy, so maybe that will allow you to see pictures without wasting time until Jill has time to do it the right way. Of course, with work, family, and a new baby on the way, that could be a while. Maybe me getting the pages together will help her when she does get to it, too.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #1579
MeMom
DIS Veteran

I got a text from Cara (Momof2TNboys) a little while ago. Most of you know that her dad has been struggling since before she went to WDW in December. He passed away last night. She said she is glad he is not suffering, but she will miss him. She gave me permission to share with all of you. I know many of you will want to keep her family close to your hearts as they go through the sad and difficult days ahead.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.

Last edited by MeMom; 05-01-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 08:25 PM   #1580
PlutosRHM55
Pluto's Un-Mentioned Manager

Location: Amongst the thousand happy haunts beginning to materialize, but suffering a disquieting metamorphosis... Your cadaverous pallor portrays an aura of foreboding, you know?

Oh, those pictures of Kidani, make me miss it so much! They are all lovely. to the Zebra Domes It's a shame I never got to check out Jambo House when I got the chance staying at Kidani, those Zebra Domes are just calling my name now. The Ostrich Eggshell craft looks really cool, they always have fun things going on over at Kidani. And the Savannah looks beautiful as always!

Can't wait to read more!
Old 05-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #1581
Mndisneygirl
DIS Veteran

Sending prayers and virtual hugs to Cara and family. Thanks for sharing that with us. I'm sure it's a horribly difficult time.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #1582
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Your Chef Mickey's party looks like such fun-and I'm sure the kids had a blast. I love the chef's hats and aprons!

The pictures from your wanderings at Kidani were beautiful. The craft the girls took part in looked really cool.

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 05-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #1583
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Sending hugs to Cara.
This must be such a difficult time for her family....

I really enjoyed the pics of the CM Party! You have the best ideas!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:25 PM   #1584
uncw89
DIS Veteran

Hugs and prayers to Cara and her family!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:28 PM   #1585
Megablocks
DIS Veteran

Definitely thinking of Cara and her family. I can't imagine how difficult it must be.

In the moments of our lives
Both the joyous and the tragic
If the truth is to be told
We are all pursuing magic

1994: CBR // 1996, 1998, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004: POR // 2005, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012, 2013: Pop Century
Next: May 2014, Pop Century!

Old 05-02-2012, 04:41 AM   #1586
Charleston Princess
DIS Veteran

Lots of hugs and prayers to Cara!

Yeay for Trent and Jarvis arriving! I know everyone was excited to be back together again!

Giraffes, ostrich egg crafts, zebra domes? You know I am enjoying this last update.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:27 AM   #1587
CanadianWDWfan
DIS Veteran

My thoughts and prayers are being sent to Momof2TNboys and her family.
I'm so sorry you have lost your father. I wish you comfort and strength in this difficult time.
Take Care,

Memom & BrooklynnsMommy you have outdone yourselves again!
Your Chef Mickey party was awesome!
What a cute idea and the chef hats and aprons look great!
I always enjoy the photo ops and the wall decorations...and the table spread looks yummy!
Luv all the brightly colored bowls, cups, trays and the pail with the cutlery.
You did an excellent job on the Goofy golf too!
I laughed at the "corny" jokes.
I agree with the other Disers that you are both so creative, never stop...I love seeing what you come up with for these different parties.
It was a successful day by the happy faces of all the kids.

Ahhh...AKL is so gorgeous! I don't think I've seen Kidani Village before.
Very cool craft with the egg shells!
It looks like the girls had fun with it.
I perfect way to spend some time at Disney.
Good to see Trent & Jarvis joined the group.
I'm sure you were glad he arrived there safely.
Can you believe I still havn't had Zebra Domes...I have to remedy that!

I was wondering if you had seen Chimpanzee. We enjoyed it too.

Thanks for the update on AoA. There will be lots of new things to see and eat there...can't wait!
Old 05-02-2012, 07:53 AM   #1588
DWGal210
DIS Veteran

Hugs & prayers to Cara and her family - so sorry for their loss.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:14 AM   #1589
RinkyTinkyTinky
DIS Veteran

So sorry for the very sad news. Sending prayers for you and your family.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:25 AM   #1590
Kgroo
Mouseketeer

So sorry for Cara's loss. Hugs to her and her family.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: