Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 10:39 AM   #151
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

I'm so excited about Carsland. Can't wait to experience it for myself after it opens. The tour I got of the under-construction site last fall was incredible. It just looks so cool.

When will you all (at least those who've never been or live east of California) be heading west to experience the DLR? I know it's on several of your bucket lists... you've gotta do it. Really.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #152
stopher1

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Yeah, I was thinking of multi quoting EVERY response in this thread with the first quote being the one above.

I actually copied it, and pasted it to my notepad for easy reference.

No one's gonna blame me for this one...
We'll see... perhaps we just "just because"

Quote:
1 - 2 - 3 ...

Poll
Captain EO - Love it or Hate it?

I love it.

Sure it's dated, but I still love it.

multi-quoted...

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2012, 10:41 AM   #153
alanapapa
Knows someone who drives a braille van and someone who pretends to
Going into Vacation Mode
"I need to finish what my dear Caro needs me to do and then....."

Location: just a little south of Seattle; way too far from WDW and DLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
Mmmmmm.... Carl's Jr. I miss their menu. Hardee's is nowhere as good. I wish when CJ took over Hardee's they had revamped the menu completely - instead of willy nilly. I miss those Western Bacon Cheesburgers. MMMMM.

DW wants to see Beauty & the Beast 3D. I do too. The original was the movie we went to on our first date. Always been a favorite for some reason... kind figure why.
I miss the California Roast Beef sandwich.

I forget you are a youngster Stopher, the first movie DW & I saw together was MOONRAKER. Our first date was dinner at Denny's across from Disneyland's Harbor House. This was after talking to her for an hour or so while she was waiting for her mother & I was waiting for the guy I carpooled with. Turns out she knew him and we took her to dinner and home.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:42 AM   #154
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
OK guys... let's take a little better care of this room, ok? I spent a lot of time with the drywall and I'm NOT going to replace the carpet again.

New rule... Multiquote when possible!
No problem sir...

Quote:
I'm so excited about Carsland. Can't wait to experience it for myself after it opens. The tour I got of the under-construction site last fall was incredible. It just looks so cool.

When will you all (at least those who've never been or live east of California) be heading west to experience the DLR? I know it's on several of your bucket lists... you've gotta do it. Really.
I think 2013 in going to be our Disneyland trip...

But I promise you Christopher, when we do decide to go, you will definitley be the first to know.

Maybe we will try to co-ordinate with one of your trips... I could use a personal tour guide first time out.

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 01-14-2012, 10:43 AM   #155
stopher1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanapapa View Post
DD17 is an expert on classic rock, even better than I am. One of her favorite groups is Simon & Garfunkel. Her band instructor a few years ago asked the band to tell them their favorites and most were listing contemporary groups, when she replied he thought she was not being truthful so he asked songs, whereupon she started listing songs by albums.

I am impressed guys, only two pages added since last night.

Oh yeah, my eldest plays guitar, and it's awesome to listen to him playing "real music" vs. what they pass off as music these days. He loves so many classics from the 70's and 80's.

OOOh - now they're rocking out to the "Eye of the Tiger." Pretty fun to watch my 7 yr old dance to it. She has no clue what they're saying, but she's moving pretty well.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:46 AM   #156
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
1 - 2 - 3 ...

Poll

multi-quoted...
Didn't like it back in the day. Hate it now.
Old 01-14-2012, 10:48 AM   #157
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
DD17 is an expert on classic rock, even better than I am. One of her favorite groups is Simon & Garfunkel. Her band instructor a few years ago asked the band to tell them their favorites and most were listing contemporary groups, when she replied he thought she was not being truthful so he asked songs, whereupon she started listing songs by albums.

I am impressed guys, only two pages added since last night.
Quote:
Oh yeah, my eldest plays guitar, and it's awesome to listen to him playing "real music" vs. what they pass off as music these days. He loves so many classics from the 70's and 80's.

OOOh - now they're rocking out to the "Eye of the Tiger." Pretty fun to watch my 7 yr old dance to it. She has no clue what they're saying, but she's moving pretty well.
I have an electric guitar...

I don't play (wish I did)...

But mine is a Fender Stratocaster.

Anyone see Wayne's World - where Wayne sees the guitar in the window, and says "It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine". That is MY guitar. That exact one.

Autographed by Mike Myers and Dana Carvey, with a Wayne's World emblem on the back.

multi-quoted

Member #561
Old 01-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #158
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Hilarious - check this out

Member #561
Old 01-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #159
stopher1

Quote:
I miss the California Roast Beef sandwich.

I forget you are a youngster Stopher, the first movie DW & I saw together was MOONRAKER. Our first date was dinner at Denny's across from Disneyland's Harbor House. This was after talking to her for an hour or so while she was waiting for her mother & I was waiting for the guy I carpooled with. Turns out she knew him and we took her to dinner and home.
In some worlds I am, yes. In others - nope, I'm OOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLDDDDDD (specifically my kids' world). Though many of my DS15's friends think I'm cool - even though he doesn't.

Moonraker! Cool. Sounds like a great time. I miss going through Harbor House.

I didn't meet my wife at Disneyland. I met her while working at the LA County Music Center. I got to see a lot of great performances there though, including seeing Phantom of the Opera more than 200 times. (Not exciting for those who don't care for musical theatre - but I loved it!)

I did meet many great friends at DL, who I still am friends with all these years later.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:06 AM   #160
stopher1

Quote:
I think 2013 in going to be our Disneyland trip...

But I promise you Christopher, when we do decide to go, you will definitley be the first to know.

Maybe we will try to co-ordinate with one of your trips... I could use a personal tour guide first time out.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:07 AM   #161
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
I have an electric guitar...

I don't play (wish I did)...

But mine is a Fender Stratocaster.

Anyone see Wayne's World - where Wayne sees the guitar in the window, and says "It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine". That is MY guitar. That exact one.

Autographed by Mike Myers and Dana Carvey, with a Wayne's World emblem on the back.

multi-quoted
For real? Do you play stairway to heaven on it?
Old 01-14-2012, 11:08 AM   #162
stopher1

As I've gone through household stuff that gets put away each November when the Christmas stuff comes out (framed pictures, knick-knack crap, you know - dust collectors) - putting the regular stuff back now - we have a lot of framed pictures that include some sort of Disney destination. Fancy that.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #163
cj9200
DIS Dad #412
Double Dog Dare You to post a screaming like a little girl video

Quote:

Arrive 7-8 and leave 7-13. Psyched for Carsland, WoC, Pirates, Haunted Mansion... Went once for a couple of days when DD was about 18 months. Her first coaster was the Matterhorn. Can't wait.

Quote:
1 - 2 - 3 ...

Poll

multi-quoted...
Saw it a couple of times when I was younger. Haven't seen it since the rebirth. Maybe if it is there in May. If not, I won't lose any sleep over it.

(Notice I also multi-quoted)
Old 01-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #164
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
100% real... and no, I don't play Stairway - as i don't know how. But a friend of mine did.

I will post a pic of it later today.

And to prove that it is mine, and I didn't Google the pic, anyone have a request to see in the pic (obviously I can hold it) but I will still take requests... (that don't harm my guitar).

Member #561
Old 01-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #165
stopher1

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
My son does.

He played "Knockin on Heaven's Door" at his guitar recital in the fall.

He has 2 different electrics, and 2 acoustics. We got him a cool wall mount for his room for Christmas - well, actually I ordered it, but it was from my mom who paid for it. I'm thankful that we have a Guitar Center not too far away. He loves going there, and practically drools over the stuff they have for sale. For his birthday we're getting him a pretty fancy pedal & board that he's been wanting for a while.

Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, cheeseballs, dads, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: