Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney for Families > DIS Dads
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 09:40 AM   #136
stopher1

Wall to wall creeps, and hot and cold running chills! Shh...listen
I have plenty of hill left to climb thank you very much

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

She even mentioned spring break - yikes, I need to hop all over that and see what I can pull off. Not sure though - need to see what the teenagers think too. Have to include them in the planning now - it's not like the old days of "here's what we're doing and when..."

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 01-14-2012, 09:42 AM   #137
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Happy Saturday! I'm ticked that I have to go to a wedding at 4:30. Got to admit, I was happy to see the Niners step up this year. Always respect a team that can win withplayers who haven't been given much respect over the years. Its just a shame that I won't be able to see Drew take them down.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 01-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #138
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561
I control the universe.... scared yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Happy Saturday! I'm ticked that I have to go to a wedding at 4:30. Got to admit, I was happy to see the Niners step up this year. Always respect a team that can win withplayers who haven't been given much respect over the years. Its just a shame that I won't be able to see Drew take them down.
A buddy of mine from work (yes from here in TO), flew down to San Francisco yesterday and is going to the game, and then the Grand Canyon, etc...

Me (Brian) DW (Sheri) DD12 DS9
Member #561
Old 01-14-2012, 10:24 AM   #139
stopher1

Location: Indiana + AKV, SSR, VGC & Aulani (wishing to be able to ADD VWL to the mix too)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
A buddy of mine from work (yes from here in TO), flew down to San Francisco yesterday and is going to the game, and then the Grand Canyon, etc...
OOOOhhhh, the Grand Canyon. I haven't been there in many years. Flown over it many times in the past decade. I need to get back there. What a great experience that is.

Of course I have ridden past the "edge" of it many, many times, including how it may have "looked in pre-historic days when dinos roamed the earth" thanks to the grand circle tour on the Disneyland Railroad. I love that Grand Canyon Diorama. Simple pleasures, from a simpler time. I can still hear those dino roars in my mind.

DISNEYLAND: Way too many to possibly count! I grew up 30 mins. from DL. Former CM. AP holder for 20 yrs. Premier Pass AP. All 3 DL Resorts and numerous off-site hotels.
WDW: 58 trips on & off-site, including DVC, Deluxe, Moderate & Value - in 18 different WDW resorts & numerous off-site resorts. AP holder for 5 yrs. Premier Pass AP holder.
AULANI: 1 so far. More to come though, & definitely looking forward to returning!
Old 01-14-2012, 10:27 AM   #140
stopher1

I like the dinos at the Universe of Energy too - which of course were a recreation of scenes, from the Grand Canyon diorama, plus new and expanded scenes. Gotta love those imagineers who see a good thing and repeat it, here, there, and there, and there, and there...

Old 01-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #141
stopher1

My son's favorite station on pandora? My 80's Pop/Rock. I love that he's fallen in love with good music.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #142
stopher1

With all the snow on the ground outside, it's hard to believe I was out grilling burgers just 3 nights ago. Brrrr... another cold day here.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:30 AM   #143
alanapapa
Knows someone who drives a braille van and someone who pretends to
Going into Vacation Mode
"I need to finish what my dear Caro needs me to do and then....."

Location: just a little south of Seattle; way too far from WDW and DLR

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopher1 View Post
What's on your agenda today?
Taking DW to get blood drawn and then for breakfast. Breakfast will be at Carl's JR. then don't know. DD's talked about seeing a movie.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #144
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
OOOOhhhh, the Grand Canyon. I haven't been there in many years. Flown over it many times in the past decade. I need to get back there. What a great experience that is.

Of course I have ridden past the "edge" of it many, many times, including how it may have "looked in pre-historic days when dinos roamed the earth" thanks to the grand circle tour on the Disneyland Railroad. I love that Grand Canyon Diorama. Simple pleasures, from a simpler time. I can still hear those dino roars in my mind.
Quote:
I like the dinos at the Universe of Energy too - which of course were a recreation of scenes, from the Grand Canyon diorama, plus new and expanded scenes. Gotta love those imagineers who see a good thing and repeat it, here, there, and there, and there, and there...
Multi Quoted...

Any pics of said Grand Canyon Diorama from DL.

Member #561
Old 01-14-2012, 10:32 AM   #145
stopher1

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanapapa View Post
Taking DW to get blood drawn and then for breakfast. Breakfast will be at Carl's JR. then don't know. DD's talked about seeing a movie.
Mmmmmm.... Carl's Jr. I miss their menu. Hardee's is nowhere as good. I wish when CJ took over Hardee's they had revamped the menu completely - instead of willy nilly. I miss those Western Bacon Cheesburgers. MMMMM.

DW wants to see Beauty & the Beast 3D. I do too. The original was the movie we went to on our first date. Always been a favorite for some reason... kind figure why.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:33 AM   #146
stopher1

Quote:
Originally Posted by twokids0204 View Post
Multi Quoted...
Trying to get in good with dad I see....

Old 01-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #147
stopher1

Ohh, now the boys have switched over to my 60s/70's channel on pandora, and are rocking out to the Jackson 5.

A - B - C...

Old 01-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #148
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
OK guys... let's take a little better care of this room, ok? I spent a lot of time with the drywall and I'm NOT going to replace the carpet again.

New rule... Multiquote when possible!
Quote:
Trying to get in good with dad I see....

Yeah, I was thinking of multi quoting EVERY response in this thread with the first quote being the one above.

I actually copied it, and pasted it to my notepad for easy reference.

No one's gonna blame me for this one...

Member #561
Old 01-14-2012, 10:36 AM   #149
alanapapa
Knows someone who drives a braille van and someone who pretends to
Going into Vacation Mode
"I need to finish what my dear Caro needs me to do and then....."

Location: just a little south of Seattle; way too far from WDW and DLR

Quote:
My son's favorite station on pandora? My 80's Pop/Rock. I love that he's fallen in love with good music.
DD17 is an expert on classic rock, even better than I am. One of her favorite groups is Simon & Garfunkel. Her band instructor a few years ago asked the band to tell them their favorites and most were listing contemporary groups, when she replied he thought she was not being truthful so he asked songs, whereupon she started listing songs by albums.

I am impressed guys, only two pages added since last night.

Old 01-14-2012, 10:37 AM   #150
twokids0204
DIS Dad #561

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma's Dad View Post
OK guys... let's take a little better care of this room, ok? I spent a lot of time with the drywall and I'm NOT going to replace the carpet again.

New rule... Multiquote when possible!
Quote:
Ohh, now the boys have switched over to my 60s/70's channel on pandora, and are rocking out to the Jackson 5.

A - B - C...
1 - 2 - 3 ...

Poll
Captain EO - Love it or Hate it?

multi-quoted...

Member #561
Closed Thread

Tags
bacon, cheeseballs, dads, men

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: