Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #1081
eeyoreland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
So far the weather is looking good for January. No extreme cold like some years in the past.
Looks like we'll be there about the same time as you. I sure hope you're right about the weather.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:45 PM   #1082
stmize
Dvc member since Nov 2010--WDW mom of ds 17 & dd 14

4 wks from today we will be checking into akl and i can't wait.
Register to remove

Old 12-18-2012, 09:35 PM   #1083
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreia View Post
Only 13 days to go, and still I don't know what to pack - no clear forecast yet, still have to wait one more week.
I don't care what the forecast says, I'm packing for ALL types of weather : hot, cold, rainy, etc. Better be prepared! I'll just pack less clothes of each type, and do laundry if necessary.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:45 PM   #1084
kennethsrib
Mouseketeer

I pulled out my spring 'ish' clothing today. Starting to get really excited about this trip!
Old 12-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #1085
forever-maria
Earning My Ears

In case you don't know... They extended the January hours!!! By a lot in some cases, MK from 9pm to 1am! And added more MSEP and 2nd Fantasmics! Oh this is so perfect!!!!! It's on the travel agent calendar.

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/St...lendar_jan.pdf

Now to figure out how this affects our plans and ADRs... Hmm. And when to fit in time to sleep! :P
forever-maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:41 PM   #1086
ronnmel
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by forever-maria View Post
In case you don't know... They extended the January hours!!! By a lot in some cases, MK from 9pm to 1am! And added more MSEP and 2nd Fantasmics! Oh this is so perfect!!!!! It's on the travel agent calendar.

http://media.disneywebcontent.com/St...lendar_jan.pdf

Now to figure out how this affects our plans and ADRs... Hmm. And when to fit in time to sleep! :P
I saw that! Now I have to go rethink all my plans. How the heck am I suppose to make it in time for rope drop at MK (can't miss that welcome show!) at 7am with a baby? I was already thinking 8am was early. And of course that's the one day I can't switch due to one ADR and e first haircut appointment.

Other than that, it will be fun to stay up late in the parks.
ronnmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #1087
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I saw that! Now I have to go rethink all my plans. How the heck am I suppose to make it in time for rope drop at MK (can't miss that welcome show!) at 7am with a baby? I was already thinking 8am was early. And of course that's the one day I can't switch due to one ADR and e first haircut appointment.

Other than that, it will be fun to stay up late in the parks.
I don't see any days where MK opens at 7am. Are you thinking a 7am opening with EMH? If so, they don't always do the welcome show on morning EMH days, and if they do it's an abbreviated version.
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #1088
dalgal101
Mouseketeer

Relieved - Foot Surgery

I rolled ankle 3 months ago and it was not getting better. I had surgery yesterday and there was a chance I would be non weight bearing for 6 weeks which would be while we were at DW. I woke up from surgery and found out they were able to clean up the torn ligament but the cartilage looked good...so I will be able to start walking in 3 days. I still have a huge bone bruise which will take 6-9 more months to heal but I won't have to be in a scooter at DW and I am super excited about that. 45 days and counting!!!
dalgal101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 09:03 AM   #1089
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalgal101 View Post
I rolled ankle 3 months ago and it was not getting better. I had surgery yesterday and there was a chance I would be non weight bearing for 6 weeks which would be while we were at DW. I woke up from surgery and found out they were able to clean up the torn ligament but the cartilage looked good...so I will be able to start walking in 3 days. I still have a huge bone bruise which will take 6-9 more months to heal but I won't have to be in a scooter at DW and I am super excited about that. 45 days and counting!!!
Yay!
Glad your surgery went well!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:45 AM   #1090
SDisney90
Earning My Ears

New poster here...19 days until my trip! January 7-13th!
SDisney90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 10:36 AM   #1091
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachel09985 View Post
Joining the group! I got invited to a work training in Jan on the 8th and 9th and decided to turn my trip into a vacation since the airfare is on them! I will be there Saturday the 5th through Monday the 7th staying at Pop Century.

Is there any meet ups going on?? I will be by myself so I need friends!!!
Welcome! I'm not aware of any meetups that week ...sorry! Maybe someone else is aware...(my dates are later)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoarinOverDisney View Post
1/1/13 Disney's Hilton Head
1/2/13 Disney's Caribbean Beach
1/6/13 Disney's OKW
1/10/13 Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise on the Disney Dream
1/13/13 Home on the Auto-Train
Awesome trip!! We leave on the 12th on the Autotrain and arrive in Sanford on the 13th -- so we'll keep the AutoTrain nice and neat for ya!!

Are you going right from the Dream to the AutoTrain or are you exploring?

This is our first DCL cruise so I wasn't sure about timing from cruise to train, so I convinced DH to add 2 nights at BLT after the cruise I wasn't sure what to do on that departure day. I'm interested in hearing what you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnmel View Post
I don't care what the forecast says, I'm packing for ALL types of weather : hot, cold, rainy, etc. Better be prepared! I'll just pack less clothes of each type, and do laundry if necessary.
Layers is best!! I'll start tracking the weather on Jan 1st and seeing what the pattern is like, but as you are doing, we'll throw in some jackets/hat/scarf/gloves just in case ... and then also our swimsuits!!

Quote:
I'm very glad that your surgery went well! Let me just add that you may want to reconsider a scooter. I know you'll be able to walk on your ankle by then but WDW is killer on the legs/feet of healthy folks, let alone those recovering from surgery. The hard sidewalks and standing in lines can be torturous.

A scooter or wheelchair for part of the day or evening may help a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDisney90 View Post
New poster here...19 days until my trip! January 7-13th!
Great! Where are you staying?
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:38 AM   #1092
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
That is such great news!! Woohoo!!

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:19 AM   #1093
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Swimsuits, is that really a possibility for January in Florida? I wasn't planning on packing those but I might have to reconsider.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:27 AM   #1094
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Swimsuits, is that really a possibility for January in Florida? I wasn't planning on packing those but I might have to reconsider.
Yes. This past January we took one day and went swimming at OKW. It was just fine. We also rode Kali River Rapids twice. My friends from FL thought we were crazy, but the sun was shining and we were in shorts. Temps were warm (75-82ish) but previous week was a lot colder. Anything can happen in January.

It felt good to be in a swimsuit and imaging our friends back home bundled up! Heehee
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #1095
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We almost always swim during our January Disney trips. Never more then an hour or so a day, but the kids love it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: