Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2012, 08:54 AM   #961
PRmamiDEdos
DIS Veteran

Since we were arriving on the 11th after midnight, we had planned to just stick around the airport for a few hours until it was time to hop on ME and go to SSR to check in. With the great rates for January, we decided spending $95 extra is waaaay better than hanging out in some uncomfortable airport chairs!! We are now going directly to the ME desk when our flight arrives and spending the night at ASsp. We'll have them transfer our luggage to SSR in the morning and now we don't have to worry about checking in immediately that morning either. Thankful for the rates!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards. Please excuse the typos.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:33 AM   #962
Rememberingthe70s
Old School

Ahhh! I have to tell someone, and my fellow January trippers will understand how happy this made me!

I bought a tin toy for $4. I suspected it was collectible. I know a little, but I'm certainly not an expert collector. I figured for $4, it's worth the gamble. I looked it up, and it indeed is collectible, and actually mint. I just sold it on eBay for $400. WHAT!? That is the remainder of my January WDW credit card balance paid off! Whoooooooo!! Going to the DW with clean credit cards!

I don't have much money, and even my cheap little January trips take me all year to pay off, and then I usually end up going to WDW and doing just one ADR to keep costs down, and not buying any parks stuff even if I really want something, because I don't want to rack up any more cc balance. So, this is thrilling!
WDW Commando Club Member #119
36 Years of Vacationing at WDW
Rememberingthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #963
newbie2013
Mouseketeer

Very impressive!
newbie2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 07:56 PM   #964
kimmiecub
Earning My Ears

Just changed my dates (kinda last minute I know) but instead of late Feb. my grandparents and I will be at the World from 1/3-1/13!!! We'll be staying at PORFQ and this will be my first time staying on-site. I'm going to Disney World next month!! I can't believe it I am so very excited!!

kimmiecub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:09 PM   #965
shalom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rememberingthe70s View Post
I just sold it on eBay for $400. WHAT!? That is the remainder of my January WDW credit card balance paid off! Whoooooooo!! Going to the DW with clean credit cards!
Congratulations! You got some extra money, and a collector got something they value even more.

Plus... Going to Disney -- great! Going to Disney with it paid off -- eeeeven better.
shalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:16 PM   #966
Tinkerbelle739
Wrote a letter to the Tag Fairy and her wish came true!
Now that we know where your username came from, you've got a dirty mind, young lady!
Hiding things from the TF? Very risky

Please Add Us

We are headed "home" January 10th through the 14th and staying at the GF

Two adults and three teens...the countdown has begun!

Tinkerbelle739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:22 PM   #967
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffmann2828 View Post
I'm staying at AKL Kidani in 1bed. :-)
Got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGAS View Post
Can you add me?

1/21 - 1/27 Poly

Thanks!
Will do and welcome!

Quote:
60 days ... Can't wait!!

I take a solo trip every year during one-or-other of the two quietest weeks in the World, and love it! Crowd levels are SO low! A tiny bit of commando-ing those weeks and I never ever wait in an attraction line. It's awesome! First time at ASMusic this time, so that'll be fun to.

ETA - Jan 22 to 28, ASMusic!
Solo trips are wonderful!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha/NC View Post
We will be at AS Movies Jan.19th-26
Welcome!!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #968
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chocolab23 View Post
We've added a day now January 25- February 2nd
Yay for adding a day!! Gotta love that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth4aa View Post
We(myself,hubby,eldest dd,baby dd,brow,sis unlawful,neice,nephew) will be arriving 1/2 departing 1/12. Staying at pop century!
Welcome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvcourtneyy View Post
my bf and I are staying at POP 1/3- 1/10. As are his sister, her husband and their adorable 2 year old!

Would love any tips or information you have about POP! My bf and I went 1/3-1/9 2012 but this upcoming trip is our first time on site!

We have heard people love the food court? We are very curious about it!!
Welcome! I just went to Pop in July for our first time and was pleasantly surprised. We liked the food court a lot and enjoyed trying out the different pools.
Old 12-01-2012, 09:39 PM   #969
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie Mae's Mom View Post
Put us on the list. DD and I will be there 1/25-2/2. Her 14th birthday is on the 26th. Staying at ASMo.
Will do. Welcome! A great way to spend a birthday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile&Nod View Post
So I got good and bad news today. Bad is I have a torn meniscus and will have out patient surgery on the 15th of January...11 days before I leave for the world. I placed an order for an ECV for the duration of my stay so I can take it easy on the repaired knee.

Bad/good news is that the Auto Train service on Sunday, February 3 has been canceled because of track maintenance. Good news is I was able to rebook for the next day on the train and add one night at BCV! Next week I can say "next month"!
So sorry to hear about your surgery but glad you are still able to go to WDW. Just take it easy!

Interesting that the track will be down that day for maintenance...makes you wonder why they don't take care of it sooner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shir Kahn View Post
We'll be at Pop Century from Dec 28th until Jan 4th!
Welcome!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:42 PM   #970
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Just saw these pictures from WDWMagic! Love it, and I'm pretty sure DD will too! Wonder if this will be fully open by the time we get there in January. Never been so excited about a new set of restrooms (and a meet and greet)!

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/...area/17641.htm
OOOOH, thanks so much for posting this. Somehow I didn't hear about this at all.

My DD7 is gonna be excited to see that! Too bad we can't go up it...
Old 12-01-2012, 09:49 PM   #971
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreia View Post
Hello!
Only one month left now!
12/30 to 01/02 PORFQ
01/02 to 01/06 BCR-CL
01/06 to 01/10 DCL Dream
01/10 to 01/13 CSR-BR
http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...7#post46438037
Welcome! I'll be on the Dream starting on 1/17, so get it all ready for us!

Quote:
Ahhh! I have to tell someone, and my fellow January trippers will understand how happy this made me!

I bought a tin toy for $4. I suspected it was collectible. I know a little, but I'm certainly not an expert collector. I figured for $4, it's worth the gamble. I looked it up, and it indeed is collectible, and actually mint. I just sold it on eBay for $400. WHAT!? That is the remainder of my January WDW credit card balance paid off! Whoooooooo!! Going to the DW with clean credit cards!

I don't have much money, and even my cheap little January trips take me all year to pay off, and then I usually end up going to WDW and doing just one ADR to keep costs down, and not buying any parks stuff even if I really want something, because I don't want to rack up any more cc balance. So, this is thrilling!
What great news!! Congrats on your awesome sale and now go enjoy something extra at Disney this trip in celebration!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmiecub View Post
Just changed my dates (kinda last minute I know) but instead of late Feb. my grandparents and I will be at the World from 1/3-1/13!!! We'll be staying at PORFQ and this will be my first time staying on-site. I'm going to Disney World next month!! I can't believe it I am so very excited!!
Welcome! January is a good time to go, too, a bit colder than Feb but also less crowded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle739 View Post
We are headed "home" January 10th through the 14th and staying at the GF

Two adults and three teens...the countdown has begun!
Welcome!! Hope you get to enjoy some alone time and the teens get to enjoy some teen time, too!
Old 12-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #972
Marshay

I think I have everyone updated in the first post.

Welcome to the new members.

We all go to Disney next month!!! or sooner.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:05 PM   #973
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

Wow - nicely done on the collectible!

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #974
Rememberingthe70s
Old School

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyJen
Wow - nicely done on the collectible!
I consider it the one (and probably only) time I won something! LOL
WDW Commando Club Member #119
36 Years of Vacationing at WDW
Rememberingthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:42 AM   #975
Penguin312
Earning My Ears

It's pretty excited that I can finally say "I'm going to DisneyWorld NEXT MONTH!!!" Can't wait.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: