Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #916
Chocolab23
Disney Dreaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
All info is updated on the first post. If you'd like to change anything, please let me know.
We've added a day now January 25- February 2nd
2013-Going to celebrate my birthday the best way!-PORLet your Hart be your guide/January 2013 PTR
2013-Alex's Unbirthday trip-POR"A Very Merry Unbirthday!" DEC 2013 PTR
Chocolab23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:03 PM   #917
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

For those of you who were waiting to book ADRs for Wishes Dessert Party, online ADRs for January opened up for booking today! Good luck!!

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-23-2012, 03:25 PM   #918
DenaRox
Mouseketeer

Thanks Dave, got our reservations made.. a little earlier than i wanted but reservations all the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
For those of you who were waiting to book ADRs for Wishes Dessert Party, online ADRs for January opened up for booking today! Good luck!!

Disney Trips:
DLR: BOOKED!!! Oct 22-29 2014!
WDW: 01/2013 AllStar Music, 04/1994 Off-site,
Tokyo Disney Resort: aiming for may 2016
Me(Dena) DBF(Greg) DD11(Kierra) (Jack aka Jack-OLantern)
DenaRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:51 PM   #919
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Yay! I just made ours

Thanks!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #920
beth4aa
Earning My Ears

doin' Pop Century for the 6th time!

We(myself,hubby,eldest dd,baby dd,brow,sis unlawful,neice,nephew) will be arriving 1/2 departing 1/12. Staying at pop century!
Old 11-25-2012, 07:20 PM   #921
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Just made another ressie : trying the Wishes Dessert Party for the first time! How exactly does it work? Our reservation is for 7pm but the fireworks start at 6 pm. Are we allowed in the reserved area in time for the fireworks? Do we have to wait until 7 pm, or is that just when we eat?! Lol.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:42 PM   #922
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
Just made another ressie : trying the Wishes Dessert Party for the first time! How exactly does it work? Our reservation is for 7pm but the fireworks start at 6 pm. Are we allowed in the reserved area in time for the fireworks? Do we have to wait until 7 pm, or is that just when we eat?! Lol.

As best as I can tell from the schedules, Wishes Fireworks are scheduled for 8pm for most days in January with the exception of the first week when it's scheduled for 9pm.

The time of your ressie is mostly just a formality from what I could tell during our last visit. Seating begins an hour before the scheduled time for Wishes. You check in at the podium where they will give you disposable bracelets to wear so that you can exit and re-enter the terrace as you please. Tables are pre-assigned and there will be a name tag with your last name on your table waiting for you, so you don't have to worry about lining up at the podium early in hopes of grabbing one of the front tables. I have heard that the table assignments are based on how early you made your ADR. The first people to make an ADR for a given date will be given the "front row" tables. The desserts and drinks are available in a buffet. There's usually a photopass photographer stationed inside the area to take pictures with the castle in the background.

The people seated in the backrows of tables usually will move up and stand along the railings because the overhead ceiling creates an obstructed view of the fireworks. Not to worry - there's plenty of space for everyone at the railings.

Hope that helps! We had a great experience last time and it was such a nice and relaxing way to enjoy Wishes! After Wishes, we sat around at our table for another 45 minutes to avoid the crowd crush exiting the park - CMs were cleaning up the area but they were perfectly fine with us hanging back.

Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

Old 11-25-2012, 07:52 PM   #923
SingingMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch

As best as I can tell from the schedules, Wishes Fireworks are scheduled for 8pm for most days in January with the exception of the first week when it's scheduled for 9pm.

The time of your ressie is mostly just a formality from what I could tell during our last visit. Seating begins an hour before the scheduled time for Wishes. You check in at the podium where they will give you disposable bracelets to wear so that you can exit and re-enter the terrace as you please. Tables are pre-assigned and there will be a name tag with your last name on your table waiting for you, so you don't have to worry about lining up at the podium early in hopes of grabbing one of the front tables. I have heard that the table assignments are based on how early you made your ADR. The first people to make an ADR for a given date will be given the "front row" tables. The desserts and drinks are available in a buffet. There's usually a photopass photographer stationed inside the area to take pictures with the castle in the background.

The people seated in the backrows of tables usually will move up and stand along the railings because the overhead ceiling creates an obstructed view of the fireworks. Not to worry - there's plenty of space for everyone at the railings.

Hope that helps! We had a great experience last time and it was such a nice and relaxing way to enjoy Wishes! After Wishes, we sat around at our table for another 45 minutes to avoid the crowd crush exiting the park - CMs were cleaning up the area but they were perfectly fine with us hanging back.
Thanks so much! All the years of going to WDW, and we have never really enjoyed the fireworks due to the crowds. Even if I don't eat a single dessert, the idea of watching Wishes without the crush will be well worth it!!!

08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #924
LSUfan4444
DIS Veteran

It's done. The final ADRs have been made and nothing left to do except place the garden grocer order.

LSUfan4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:41 PM   #925
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Trying to figure out if we should get the DDP or just use our TOW card. Does anyone have any experience with QS for breakfast? What do you get for QS for breakfast? We would be using the Contempo Cafe for breakfast. Also does anyone know they offer for kids for breakfast for a QS? I am only looking at a $50 savings if we do DDP over TOW so I am trying to see about breakfast costs.
Thanks for any feedback.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:47 PM   #926
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Trying to figure out if we should get the DDP or just use our TOW card. Does anyone have any experience with QS for breakfast? What do you get for QS for breakfast? We would be using the Contempo Cafe for breakfast. Also does anyone know they offer for kids for breakfast for a QS? I am only looking at a $50 savings if we do DDP over TOW so I am trying to see about breakfast costs.
Thanks for any feedback.
Don't have any personal experience with Contempo Cafe. Usually QS breakfasts comprise of various combination plates of eggs, breakfast meats, waffles, and pancakes. I have done cost calculations and comparisons on spreadsheets in the past when trying to decide whether a given dining plan will be worth the price for our meal plans and have used Allears' menus/price listings to get an estimate of the cost for each meal. Hope this helps!

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm

Old 11-27-2012, 02:16 PM   #927
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Don't have any personal experience with Contempo Cafe. Usually QS breakfasts comprise of various combination plates of eggs, breakfast meats, waffles, and pancakes. I have done cost calculations and comparisons on spreadsheets in the past when trying to decide whether a given dining plan will be worth the price for our meal plans and have used Allears' menus/price listings to get an estimate of the cost for each meal. Hope this helps!

http://allears.net/menu/menus.htm
Thank you.
Do the QS include fruit or something in place of a dessert that you would get for lunch or dinner?
Any experience with a kids meal for QS breakfast? There isn't anything listed on All Ears for kids breakfast at Contempo Cafe.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:44 PM   #928
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Thanks for any feedback.

Contempo Cafe has the most delicious french toast sticks. I think I ate those 3 out of 5 mornings the last time we stayed at BLT. They have a kids platter that has those, and then another that has pancakes. I think both were served with eggs maybe? This was almost 2 years ago, so I'm having a little bit of a hard time remembering exactly.
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream

Last edited by readytogotodisney; 11-27-2012 at 03:54 PM.
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 03:50 PM   #929
lvcourtneyy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth4aa View Post
We(myself,hubby,eldest dd,baby dd,brow,sis unlawful,neice,nephew) will be arriving 1/2 departing 1/12. Staying at pop century!
my bf and I are staying at POP 1/3- 1/10. As are his sister, her husband and their adorable 2 year old!

Would love any tips or information you have about POP! My bf and I went 1/3-1/9 2012 but this upcoming trip is our first time on site!

We have heard people love the food court? We are very curious about it!!

Trip Reports In Progress:

Ooo I'm really scaredd! A Sept 13 TR!
Excuse me, your child can NOT go on stage with Mickey: a January 2013 TR!

Completed: We both got real jobs, now we can go to Disney: Sept 2013 PTR
July 2000: GKTW Village// January 2012 offiste// January 2013 Pop Century// September 2013 Pop Century

Follow me on Instagram: @courtneyeliizabeth

Last edited by lvcourtneyy; 11-27-2012 at 03:53 PM. Reason: horrible grammar error--yikes!!
lvcourtneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 05:00 PM   #930
Rememberingthe70s
Old School

I LOVE the Pop! I know some folks say it can be a walk from the main building to your room, but honestly it never occurred to me. I enjoyed the giant sculptures and theme so much, i guess i never noticed it. We were towards the back last time, and I'd swear the walk was only two or three minutes. Bewitched by the WDW magic, maybe. Anyhow. I always felt like the theming at Pop is awesome. Really, really cool. The outside and pool areas are a nice stroll too, as well as the bridge.
WDW Commando Club Member #119
36 Years of Vacationing at WDW
Rememberingthe70s is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: