Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-05-2012, 09:01 PM   #826
TheDalys
Mouseketeer

We will be at Saratoga Springs resort and spa on Jan 9 - 15 2013. 2 Bedroom Villa ( 4 adults, 2 kids).

Family vacation makes for a better next Generation
TheDalys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 10:39 PM   #827
brewhome
Mouseketeer

Woo hoo! I just booked flights on Southwest and was able to cover the price of all 4 with Rapid Rewards points! They're running a good sale for January right now, in case anyone needs to book flights!
January/February 2011 - Second Trip with the Kids - All Star Music Family Suite
September 2011 - Two Sisters Take on Night of Joy! - Caribbean Beach Resort
September 2012 - Back to Night of Joy!! - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2013 - Third Trip with the Kids - All Star Music Family Suite
brewhome is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-05-2012, 11:52 PM   #828
bellaally
DIS Veteran

I just needed to update our information, I will be going from the 21st of January till the 29th, we will be staying offsite but close by at the Windsor hills in a town home, decided it was a much more space for the babies!

bellaally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:35 PM   #829
UrsulaGirl
Earning My Ears

Disney <3

Hi Everyone -

I'm new to the boards!

My husband and I are staying in AoA from January 24 - January 29 and we're beyond excited. Would love to hear tips for travel in January as well as tips on AoA.

Thanks!
UG
UrsulaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:04 AM   #830
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsulaGirl View Post
Hi Everyone -

I'm new to the boards!

My husband and I are staying in AoA from January 24 - January 29 and we're beyond excited. Would love to hear tips for travel in January as well as tips on AoA.

Thanks!
UG
Welcome, UG

Does anyone know when we can order a vacation dvd that will be for 2013? I am hoping we can get a 2013 DVD in before our January trips.

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:41 AM   #831
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDalys View Post
We will be at Saratoga Springs resort and spa on Jan 9 - 15 2013. 2 Bedroom Villa ( 4 adults, 2 kids).

It's a great place to stay for larger/extended families! We were at SSR in Jan 2011 with 4 adults and 2 kids as well, and thought it was perfect.

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #832
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Everyone -

I'm new to the boards!

Thanks!
UG
We'll be at AoA during the same weekend. January visits are great with much lower crowd levels. Weather can be a bit irratic so you'll have to pay close attention to the forecasts before you leave to figure out how to pack. Some rides will be down for refurb. And head in the general opposite directions of the tour groups.

Everyone Hail To the Pumpkin Song! October 2014: TR PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:39 PM   #833
UrsulaGirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch

We'll be at AoA during the same weekend. January visits are great with much lower crowd levels. Weather can be a bit irratic so you'll have to pay close attention to the forecasts before you leave to figure out how to pack. Some rides will be down for refurb. And head in the general opposite directions of the tour groups.
Thanks for all the tips!! :-)
UrsulaGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 10:30 AM   #834
tggrrstarr
DIS Veteran

Hi! I just found this thread, we booked our trip practically at the last minute since Disney waited so long to release the discounts! I got a promotion in July and decided a January trip would be my reward, paid for with my new pay raise!
(We are going on our 2nd Disney cruise next October, its a miracle I got my DH to agree to two trips in one year!!)

We'll be staying at POFQ January 26-Feb 2.

October 2005-Caribbean Beach-Honeymoon*1/07 Pop Century
9/08 Pop Century*10/09 All Star Music*1/11 All Star Music*1/12 French Quarter & Western Magic*1/13 French Quarter*10/13 Grand Floridian & Eastern Fantasy
tggrrstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:52 AM   #835
Scottiesmommy08
Mouseketeer

We are going Jan 16-20. It will be our year anniversary, and my DD (4yrs) first trip. So excited because we took our honeymoon there, and now we get to honeymoon again, AND bring DD!

May 01', WL**August 08' offsite**January 12' Honeymoon trip, CBR,**January 13' DD first magical trip+anniversary, POP**January 14' first cruise+anniversary
Scottiesmommy08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:41 PM   #836
lustergirl
DIS Veteran

Put me down for late January. I was originally early December but had to push my trip back to:

January 27th- February 1st, staying at AS Sports.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:48 PM   #837
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weluvdisny View Post
Add me to the January list please!! Just decided to do a quick trip 1/10-1/13 to run the 1/2 mararthon!! Staying at CSR. So excited to run through the castle!!!
Although I am not a runner, if anything would get me to run, it would be at Disney! Would be so neat to run through the parks and esp the castle! That would be enough to motivate me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Have you heard anything more about FOTLK?
No, I haven't. I forgot all about that. Guess Disney hasn't decided when yet...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKromer View Post
Please add me to the list! We'll be there from 1/25-1/31 at POFQ!
Will do ! Enjoy some beignets there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuyaJeff View Post
I just realized that I don't have my finalized days on the list! Well, we're going to be in AKL from 1/24-1/31...woot woot! It feels good to not be on the TBD list anymore!
I will move you!! We love AKL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDalys View Post

Welcome! I was very pleasantly surprised by our stay at SSR. Wish we took more time to enjoy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhome View Post
Woo hoo! I just booked flights on Southwest and was able to cover the price of all 4 with Rapid Rewards points! They're running a good sale for January right now, in case anyone needs to book flights!
Great for you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaally View Post
I just needed to update our information, I will be going from the 21st of January till the 29th, we will be staying offsite but close by at the Windsor hills in a town home, decided it was a much more space for the babies!
Yeah, unless you get a villa or suite ($$$), it's nice to have the extra space while at Disney!

Quote:
Hi Everyone -

I'm new to the boards!

Thanks!
UG
Welcome! I assume you are staying at the Little Mermaid rooms?

Dress in layers. For maximum results, still do Rope Drop but if you miss it or just like to sleep in, you'll find you can still do everything (nearly) and not do RD. Bring swim stuff -- the weather may surprise you. Bring gloves/hat/scarf -- the weather may surprise you. Zig when the tourist groups zag.

As for AoA, they offer a tour of the resort for free each day. I went on it in July and found it fascinating. Took about 40 minutes. They explain all the colors, features of the entryway, lobby, gift shop, food court, pool, arcade and then take you to a Family Suite Room to see that, including the Murphy bed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyplanner View Post
Welcome, UG

Does anyone know when we can order a vacation dvd that will be for 2013? I am hoping we can get a 2013 DVD in before our January trips.
Hmmm, not sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post
Yeah, what he said!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tggrrstarr View Post
Hi! I just found this thread, we booked our trip practically at the last minute since Disney waited so long to release the discounts! I got a promotion in July and decided a January trip would be my reward, paid for with my new pay raise!
(We are going on our 2nd Disney cruise next October, its a miracle I got my DH to agree to two trips in one year!!)

We'll be staying at POFQ January 26-Feb 2.
Congrats on the promotion! By January, you will certainly deserve a vacation! We are doing our first DCL in January -- very excited!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottiesmommy08 View Post
We are going Jan 16-20. It will be our year anniversary, and my DD (4yrs) first trip. So excited because we took our honeymoon there, and now we get to honeymoon again, AND bring DD!
Very exciting!! Let me know which resort and I"ll add it to the first post.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:49 PM   #838
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lustergirl View Post
Put me down for late January. I was originally early December but had to push my trip back to:

January 27th- February 1st, staying at AS Sports.
January is a great time to go, too! Esp late January as you are probably going to have nicer weather!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 08:53 PM   #839
we3are1
Mouseketeer

need to do some planning

Well we are headed to DW January 12 - 19. I have a conference Tues - Sat, but will have some free time. I really need to do some planning for this trip - any suggestions? I do have a quick question - how long to I have to "collect" on the reduced dining? We are staying at PC and was offered the dining plan at a reduced rate when I booked, but we hadn't planned the extra money. Trying to safe up so we can add it to our reservation but not sure we will have the extra cash before money is due. Can I still get this deal after that?

we3are1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:12 PM   #840
Scottiesmommy08
Mouseketeer

Were staying @ POP for the first time. A little nervous because this is our first value resort. I have heard that they can be more noisy, and I am a very light sleeper. Thinking about taking some ear plugs!

May 01', WL**August 08' offsite**January 12' Honeymoon trip, CBR,**January 13' DD first magical trip+anniversary, POP**January 14' first cruise+anniversary
Scottiesmommy08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: