Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-18-2012, 09:06 AM   #736
GraceMonica
DIS Veteran

Woo! Im excited for January trip! I wonder what "limited" theme they're going to start off with! So exciting! (Ill be there for three weeks so HOPEFULLY that'll mean three different pixie dust experiences! )

I almost backed out of my january trip due to budget concerns...but my mother reassured me and declared I worry too much!

This will be an extremely budgeted trip, which is fine by me because ill be going all out when I return in March!
GraceMonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:27 AM   #737
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenaRox View Post
We are going at beginning of January but I'm curious what photo share is and how it works.
I've never done it, but from what I've read Photopass photo share works like this:

- Someone decides to buy a Photopass CD but thinks it is too expensive for a single family
- Proposes a group of people that are going around the same time to share that CD and split the costs
- As a Photopass CD doesn't have any limits of pictures (just of the time you have to see/edit them) and only needs the Photopass card number to be added to a single account, several people can get photos taken with their cards.
- The group manager adds the number for everyone's cards into his/her Photopass account
- All pictures are then chosen to go on the CD
- Manager receives the full CDs, copies them and sends a copy to each participant.

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-18-2012, 12:50 PM   #738
redoschi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post
Woo! Im excited for January trip! I wonder what "limited" theme they're going to start off with! So exciting! (Ill be there for three weeks so HOPEFULLY that'll mean three different pixie dust experiences! )

I almost backed out of my january trip due to budget concerns...but my mother reassured me and declared I worry too much!

This will be an extremely budgeted trip, which is fine by me because ill be going all out when I return in March!
We'll also be there for 3 weeks (though will just enter parks on 2 of those weeks)!

It reminds me of a Year of a Million Dreams when anywhere, anytime someone could show up with special dream stuff for you like Mickey Ears or Dream Fastpasses (I'll never forget getting Dream Fastpasses as we were heading leaving the pre-show of ToT! )

My PTR for Jan-Feb 2013
My ongoing TR for our Jan-Feb 2013 trip
January/February 2013 - Pop CenturyDecember 2007 - All Star Sports October 2000 - All Star Movies
October 1998 - Off-site December 1994 - Off-site December 1989 - Off-site

WDW Commando Member #215
redoschi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 02:08 PM   #739
hulagirl87
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Ok, I think I have everyone's information updated on the front page. If you made changes or I didn't get it correct, let me know!

Can't believe we are less than 3 months out!!

Our resort changed from AoA to Polynesian!

How are we in double digits already? 98 days!!!!

me DH DD and DS
hulagirl87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:22 PM   #740
Suziewan
Mouseketeer

76 days for me
Suziewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:43 PM   #741
Andreia
You're never too old to become younger!

73 for us!
Old 10-19-2012, 05:54 AM   #742
wuzzy6
Mom to the Fab 4

Getting more excited with each passing day! Only 100 days until we get there, but only 99 days until we leave!!!

FL Native and habitual day-tripper: since 1971; Apr 2002: PO-R; Mar 2014: CSR ; Apr 2014: WL; May 2014: PO-R and FW-cabin; Aug 2014: YC CL+DxDP; What's next?!
wuzzy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 07:11 AM   #743
Jonesloonybin
DIS Veteran

Today is double digits for us!!

Since this is a surprise trip, I have to do my celebrating here!!

Trips: May 2011 Pop/May 2012 Pop/February 2013 POFQ
Dining report:May 2011
May 2012 PTR: Don't tell them we are going back!
Jonesloonybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:10 AM   #744
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethsrib View Post
Haven't updated in quite a while. I will have a better update in a few weeks We are still going, despite a whole bunch of stuff happening that I don't even want to talk about! Still excited and still budgeting...
Yay! Glad you can still go. Sorry to hear that "Life" is getting you down. Keep focusing on the good things in life ... and esp Disney in January!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by showers2flowers View Post
Thanks! I'm sure you'll know why I chose it when I tell you my first name is April.
Great one!! I love it! Were you also born in April?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenaRox View Post
Hehe my post count isn't high enough to send one. Guess I need to stop reading and start chatting.
Just start posting on here...we all understand. You can respond to 5 more posts separately and that'll do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziewan View Post
My flight dilemma is resolved. I read the information incorrectly on flying from Detroit/Buffalo, so it's only a savings of $200 over flying out of Toronto -- so I've booked our flights from here...that's done, and I put another $500 on our trip -- . This is the only bill I enjoy paying!!

Kennethsrib -- I hope that the stuff you have going on goes smoothly for you from now on.

DenaRox -- What part of Canada are you from? I live in Brampton, just outside of Toronto.
Yay!! So glad you figured it all out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraceMonica View Post

Glad you can still go in January and also in March -- woo hoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redoschi View Post
I've never done it, but from what I've read Photopass photo share works like this:

- Someone decides to buy a Photopass CD but thinks it is too expensive for a single family
- Proposes a group of people that are going around the same time to share that CD and split the costs
- As a Photopass CD doesn't have any limits of pictures (just of the time you have to see/edit them) and only needs the Photopass card number to be added to a single account, several people can get photos taken with their cards.
- The group manager adds the number for everyone's cards into his/her Photopass account
- Manager receives the full CDs, copies them and sends a copy to each participant.

This si a good overview. The only things I would add are that you can go in and edit your photos -- zoom, crop, add Disney borders, b+w, etc to them. You do pay the organizer prior to seeing your photos (or lack thereof, if you don't get many) so you need to commit to stopping to get photos to make it worth it.)

Quote:
We'll also be there for 3 weeks (though will just enter parks on 2 of those weeks)!

It reminds me of a Year of a Million Dreams when anywhere, anytime someone could show up with special dream stuff for you like Mickey Ears or Dream Fastpasses (I'll never forget getting Dream Fastpasses as we were heading leaving the pre-show of ToT! )
Oh, I so wish they brought back Year of a Million Dreams instead!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulagirl87 View Post
Our resort changed from AoA to Polynesian!

How are we in double digits already? 98 days!!!!
Wow -- that is wonderful!! I love the Poly!

We looked into changing resorts but DH and I are really looking forward to the AoA. Since we normally stay on our DVC points, this trip is an exception and may be our only chance to stay at AoA. So we're staying with it. So excited!!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:12 AM   #745
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
76 days for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andreia View Post
73 for us!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzzy6 View Post
Getting more excited with each passing day! Only 100 days until we get there, but only 99 days until we leave!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesloonybin View Post
Today is double digits for us!!

Since this is a surprise trip, I have to do my celebrating here!!

Love that we are all (nearly) in double digits!! Woo Hoo!!

My DH has been leaving me little notes each day since 100 Days to WDW. It's pretty cool! This is totally NOT like him so I think he is getting really excited, too (1st time to cruise, 1st time at AoA and 1st time at BLT with Lake View + 1st time for FLE)
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #746
raincloud
Earning My Ears

So excited! DH and I just booked flights for January! Planning on staying Jan 17-26th at Port Orleans French Quarter (first time at a moderate) with quick service dining (also a first!). Can't wait!
raincloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:25 AM   #747
DenaRox
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Just start posting on here...we all understand. You can respond to 5 more posts separately and that'll do it!
It's funny, normally i am a very chatty person, im just so overwhelmed with reading everything that i think i forget to interact hahaha. will definitely get my chat on now though

Disney Trips:
DLR: BOOKED!!! Oct 22-29 2014!
WDW: 01/2013 AllStar Music, 04/1994 Off-site,
Tokyo Disney Resort: aiming for may 2016
Me(Dena) DBF(Greg) DD11(Kierra) (Jack aka Jack-OLantern)
DenaRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 10:27 AM   #748
DenaRox
Mouseketeer

thank you for the detailed description. I have purchased the photo pass + already, it was my present to myself to ensure that I am included in some pics instead of always being behind the camera lol. considering sharing my pass to help with the cost too. lol

Quote:

Disney Trips:
Old 10-19-2012, 10:29 AM   #749
DenaRox
Mouseketeer

Quote:

DenaRox -- What part of Canada are you from? I live in Brampton, just outside of Toronto.
I am in Sask. Never been to Ontario, would love to visit the East some day though

Disney Trips:
Old 10-19-2012, 02:29 PM   #750
mickeyplanner
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Love that we are all (nearly) in double digits!! Woo Hoo!!

My DH has been leaving me little notes each day since 100 Days to WDW. It's pretty cool! This is totally NOT like him so I think he is getting really excited, too (1st time to cruise, 1st time at AoA and 1st time at BLT with Lake View + 1st time for FLE)
That is precious

mickeyplanner is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: