Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #721
Suziewan
Mouseketeer

I have an update

We've changed our dates and resort....

Previously 12/29-1/7 at AOA LM

Now....

1/2-1/11 at Pop Century (for $551 less!)

Now...just have to figure out flights. From Toronto (where the airport is 15 minutes away) we are looking at about $800-$900....but if we drive to Detroit (4 hours away) we can fly for just $300!! and I really don't mind driving. Even if I add a hotel before and after I'm still saving money. The only part I'm not sure if is the airline...it's Air Trans, recently purchased by Southwest -- I'm just worried that they'll go out of business or something...I get nervous about small airlines.

Any thoughts?
Suziewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #722
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaally View Post
I actually am going December and January too. I sorry if my post sounded confusing.we will be there from the 21-29. Still don't know where we will be staying it's me24 , my DH27, ds1,ds 2.
Oh, ok. I got confused. Will add you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by showers2flowers View Post
First trip ever for me, DH, and DS (6).

Jan.4-12 at AKL (thanks to the DIS, without which I would never have known that I could change resorts and apply the new discount to move us from a mod to a deluxe!)

Now gotta go and make me a ticker...
Love your screen name! Woo Hoo!! First trips are great...but you know the very best thing about them? Planning your next trip! Disney is so huge and you can't possibly see/do/know it all...So think of this first trip as the first of many!! It makes for more pleasant vacationing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenaRox View Post
Family trip, my mom, boyfriend, daughter (10) and myself. booked the family suite at ASMu with the free dining plan pin i got in an email from Disney. Arriving Jan 2, departing Jan 13. Debating booking an airport hotel and flying in on the first to avoid losing a whole day but not sure really of the logistics of our luggage/ check-in time at our resort.

This will be my second time, my moms 4th time and my daughter and BF's 1st visit. So very excited!!! will send pm message to join fb private group
yay!! Sounds like a great trip.

I always think adding on an extra day is great -- like you said, it gives you a full day in the parks, etc...also not as tired from all the traveling. But as for needing it? Nah, you probably don't need it. Want it? You bet!!

I'm not sure that I got your PM for a FB friend request...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suziewan View Post
I have an update

We've changed our dates and resort....

Previously 12/29-1/7 at AOA LM

Now....

1/2-1/11 at Pop Century (for $551 less!)

Now...just have to figure out flights. From Toronto (where the airport is 15 minutes away) we are looking at about $800-$900....but if we drive to Detroit (4 hours away) we can fly for just $300!! and I really don't mind driving. Even if I add a hotel before and after I'm still saving money. The only part I'm not sure if is the airline...it's Air Trans, recently purchased by Southwest -- I'm just worried that they'll go out of business or something...I get nervous about small airlines.

Any thoughts?
Yay!! Pop is really nice and you can easily walk the bridge over to check out AoA. That's exactly what I did in my Mommy and Me Bday trip in July.

As for Air Tran, I think they are reputable. my only concern for anyone traveling in winter is the weather. Gotta be aware of possible delays, cancellations, etc.
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-14-2012, 05:09 PM   #723
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Ok, I think I have everyone's information updated on the front page. If you made changes or I didn't get it correct, let me know!

Can't believe we are less than 3 months out!!
Old 10-14-2012, 05:38 PM   #724
nansmama
DIS Veteran

We will be there 1/4-1/18 at OKW.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:17 PM   #725
ButterflyJen
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshay View Post
Ok, I think I have everyone's information updated on the front page. If you made changes or I didn't get it correct, let me know!

We changed from AoA to POFQ

Disneyland Day Trip 1981*Disneyland Day Trip 2000*DL/DCA Day Trip May 2007*Our First WDW Trip Jan 2013...for DD's 6th Birthday!
ButterflyJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:26 PM   #726
eisforpants
Mouseketeer

So excited! We are going Jan 23-31! We've have been trying to go for the last 3 years but would never come together. Last week, this January trip magically started fitting.

This will be DH and DS first trip and my first trip in 40 years. Yes I was very young the first time around.

So so excited!
Old 10-14-2012, 09:35 PM   #727
3Paige14
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Yes! This is why I'm excited to get through this semester before the end of finals. Will be less than a month away.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:57 PM   #728
Suziewan
Mouseketeer

Marsha -- I agree, I was a bit worried about the driving too, so my plan is to arrive a full 24 hours in advance in Detroit, so even if I have to drive super duper slow we'll have time to spare. I love driving so that part is okay, I'll just have to think up enough to keep DS occupied. I think we'll walk over to AOA on our first night to check out all the new stuff. Thanks for updating the first post!

nansmama -- Welcome

eisforpants -- That sounds like a pretty exciting trip -- two firsts and a return after so long for you. I'm glad things came together for you, I hope it's magical!

I'm 80 days away as of today! I feel like I've done so much planning, but still have more to do of course. I also started a pre-trip report today, it will be mostly planning for now, but I want to include lots of pics as I go along and plan; I love reading pretrip reports and trip reports with lots of pictures. If anyone is interested in following along, the link is in my signature.
Old 10-15-2012, 08:38 AM   #729
Marshay

Quote:
Originally Posted by nansmama View Post
We will be there 1/4-1/18 at OKW.
Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterflyJen View Post
We changed from AoA to POFQ
Oh, I'll change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisforpants View Post
So excited! We are going Jan 23-31! We've have been trying to go for the last 3 years but would never come together. Last week, this January trip magically started fitting.

This will be DH and DS first trip and my first trip in 40 years. Yes I was very young the first time around.

So so excited!
Yay!! I'm excited for you guys!!
Old 10-15-2012, 06:01 PM   #730
kennethsrib
Mouseketeer

Haven't updated in quite a while. I will have a better update in a few weeks We are still going, despite a whole bunch of stuff happening that I don't even want to talk about! Still excited and still budgeting...
Old 10-15-2012, 09:16 PM   #731
showers2flowers
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Love your screen name!
Woo Hoo!! First trips are great...but you know the very best thing about them? Planning your next trip! Disney is so huge and you can't possibly see/do/know it all...So think of this first trip as the first of many!! It makes for more pleasant vacationing!

Thanks! I'm sure you'll know why I chose it when I tell you my first name is April.
showers2flowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:43 PM   #732
bellaally
DIS Veteran

I am trying to start a photoshare if anyone is interested and going at the end of January let me know. Send me a pm or go to the photopass share page on Facebook!

bellaally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:25 AM   #733
DenaRox
Mouseketeer

Quote:

yay!! Sounds like a great trip.

I always think adding on an extra day is great -- like you said, it gives you a full day in the parks, etc...also not as tired from all the traveling. But as for needing it? Nah, you probably don't need it. Want it? You bet!!

I'm not sure that I got your PM for a FB friend request...
Hehe my post count isn't high enough to send one. Guess I need to stop reading and start chatting.

Disney Trips:
DLR: BOOKED!!! Oct 22-29 2014!
WDW: 01/2013 AllStar Music, 04/1994 Off-site,
Tokyo Disney Resort: aiming for may 2016
Me(Dena) DBF(Greg) DD11(Kierra) (Jack aka Jack-OLantern)
DenaRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:27 AM   #734
DenaRox
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaally View Post
I am trying to start a photoshare if anyone is interested and going at the end of January let me know. Send me a pm or go to the photopass share page on Facebook!
We are going at beginning of January but I'm curious what photo share is and how it works.

Disney Trips:
DLR: BOOKED!!! Oct 22-29 2014!
WDW: 01/2013 AllStar Music, 04/1994 Off-site,
Tokyo Disney Resort: aiming for may 2016
Me(Dena) DBF(Greg) DD11(Kierra) (Jack aka Jack-OLantern)
DenaRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:48 PM   #735
Suziewan
Mouseketeer

My flight dilemma is resolved. I read the information incorrectly on flying from Detroit/Buffalo, so it's only a savings of $200 over flying out of Toronto -- so I've booked our flights from here...that's done, and I put another $500 on our trip -- . This is the only bill I enjoy paying!!

Kennethsrib -- I hope that the stuff you have going on goes smoothly for you from now on.

DenaRox -- What part of Canada are you from? I live in Brampton, just outside of Toronto.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: