Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #706
bellaally
DIS Veteran

Hello everybody took a big chance,I have never visited WDW, our first visit will be on December 10 thru December 15th. Now I got an alert in my email for flights, Philadelphia to Orlando for 90 dollars round trip. That was including taxes. If your looking for the deal it's with AirTran and my week was Monday the 21st thru the 29th. So I booked it now all I need is to find out where we are staying as well as a car rental. We are getting APs so no need to worry about tickets..... Hope someone else takes advantage of this deal! It's kinda of crazy going back to back. We are taking our kids on this trip and not telling anybody lol. We also have a may and september trip. Came to let out some excitement at the only place that won't judge ......DIS
Old 10-10-2012, 06:22 PM   #707
rlbest01
Earning My Ears

How do I sign up for the free dining plan emails? I was thinking about planning a trip for next year.
rlbest01 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2012, 07:48 PM   #708
brewhome
Mouseketeer

So Excited!!

YAY! When we asked DS12 and DS10 where they want to go on vacation next January, they insisted they want to go back to Disney! DH would have preferred somewhere else just to try something new, but he went along with it, so here we come! I booked the room only discount at All Star Music in a family suite from 1/19-1/26. I CAN'T WAIT!

This will be my 5th trip in 3 years... I am officially obsessed. Three trips with the kids and hubby, and 2 with my sis!
January/February 2011 - Second Trip with the Kids - All Star Music Family Suite
September 2011 - Two Sisters Take on Night of Joy! - Caribbean Beach Resort
September 2012 - Back to Night of Joy!! - Port Orleans Riverside
January 2013 - Third Trip with the Kids - All Star Music Family Suite
brewhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #709
Kristallc
Mouseketeer

applied stay play and dine and save $1254, just got home to A PIN CODE FOR FREE DINING!1/2/2012 to 3/7/2012 omg
Old 10-10-2012, 08:03 PM   #710
DaveinFallsChurch
DIS Veteran

With the discounts officially offered to the public today, I spent about an hour with my excel spreadsheet calculating dining costs based on our ADRs and touring plans, and using them to compare between room only and P/S/D discounts for AoA as well as other resorts. DD and DS have their hearts set on AoA Finding Nemo Suite, so decided to stick with it.

Once I included the dining costs into the total costs, the room-only would have only saved us $190, but the Play/Stay/Dining package with an upgrade to the full Disney Dining Plan (from the quick service plan that comes with value resorts) will save us $500 from our originial pre-discount costs! So, I just booked a new ressie using the P/S/D package. Now I have to cancel the previous reservation to get my $200 deposit back. Very excited!!

All We Want Is To Spend Halloween with Mickey! October 2014PTR
Don't Fear the Rain, We have the Ducky of Death! - Jan '14 Trip Report
Discovering A Whole New World of Disney - An October Photo Safari 2013: Trip Report /PTR
A Winter Escape to the Enchanted Forest - January 2013 Trip Report/PTR
A Solo Trip to Disneyland 28 years in the Making! A Trip Report for October 16 and 17th, 2012
Our First Magical Poly Vacation! April 14-21, 2012 - Trip Report/ Live Report/ PTR

DaveinFallsChurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 08:18 PM   #711
OhStuffandFluff
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristallc View Post
applied stay play and dine and save $1254, just got home to A PIN CODE FOR FREE DINING!1/2/2012 to 3/7/2012 omg
Holy wow!! How did you save that much?! I was super pleased with our $600 discount, but yours is amazing!!

DH Myself DS DD
OhStuffandFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:16 PM   #712
brightvalleyjrts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am so bummed out that I didn't receive the free dining code in my email today It would save me about $400 more than the S/P/D promo that i have booked now.
Old 10-11-2012, 07:24 AM   #713
readytogotodisney
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlbest01 View Post
How do I sign up for the free dining plan emails? I was thinking about planning a trip for next year.
They are totally random. Having an account on the Disney website could help, as is ordering a planning DVD, and building and saving random vacations on there. No one knows why one person gets a PIN (the discount code for a promotion), and another does not. These PINS can also be for a room discount too. You don't get to pick, it just shows up in your email, snail mail or sometimes you have a PIN attached to your name and won't know until you call and ask.
DL - 10/12 DCL - 4/13 ~ Dream 11/14 ~Dream
readytogotodisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #714
eeyoreland
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightvalleyjrts View Post
I am so bummed out that I didn't receive the free dining code in my email today It would save me about $400 more than the S/P/D promo that i have booked now.
I got the e-mail about free dining, but I'm already booked with the S/P/D. I guess I brushed off the e-mail because I didn't think it would make much difference. I'm gathering maybe I should call and check into it???
Old 10-11-2012, 01:32 PM   #715
goofytwo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeyoreland

I got the e-mail about free dining, but I'm already booked with the S/P/D. I guess I brushed off the e-mail because I didn't think it would make much difference. I'm gathering maybe I should call and check into it???
Yes, call back. My original quote was the S/P/D package. I got the free dining PIN in my e-mail yesterday and saved another $367.00
goofytwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 02:04 PM   #716
Jonesloonybin
DIS Veteran

We took advantage of the s/p/d package discount.

1/28-2/7 (1/26-1/28 will be at Universal RPR)
POFQ Standard room
2 adults and 2 disney adults (we changed my dd9's age to 10)
1 day base tickets (we already bought our tickets at UT before the price increase)
ddp
$2900

We are very excited!!

Trips: May 2011 Pop/May 2012 Pop/February 2013 POFQ
Dining report:May 2011
May 2012 PTR: Don't tell them we are going back!
Jonesloonybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 07:53 PM   #717
Marshay
I'm Goofy for Mickey. Don't worry if you get a bit Sneezy -- it's just the Pixie Dust!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSchex View Post
January 2 - 7, 2013! My family (me, hubby, our 2 boys), my sister and her 2 daughters (Sophia's first trip!) and my parents are all headed to the world for 6 wonderful days! Can't wait!
Woo Hoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhamfamily4wdw View Post
FINALLY got another trip planned, CAN NOT wait to be back in WDW! Heading down 1/17-1/22 and staying for the first time at the Contemporary, I hope we enjoy it as much as the Poly.

We are 99 days today Let the planning begin!
Now, personally, I don't like CR as much as the Poly only b/c I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Poly theming, location, pool, plants, etc. But CR is fun, too. And you just cannot beat walking over to MK. You can just laugh at all of us other folks cramming into those bus/monorail lines to go back to other resorts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerweniel View Post
So thrilled - January 25 -28 for a quick solo trip to Caribbean Beach. Its been way too long! Southwest's flight sale was the clincher for me and with the new room only package, I feel like I've snagged a deal! YAY!
Sounds awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom of lil princess View Post
I can finally come back with my details We are staying january 7-16 at POFQ garden view (it was all they had) and with p/s/d I saved over 1300 dollars Now I just have wait the 89 days to get there....
Woo Hoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellaally View Post
Hello everybody took a big chance,I have never visited WDW, our first visit will be on December 10 thru December 15th. Now I got an alert in my email for flights, Philadelphia to Orlando for 90 dollars round trip. That was including taxes. If your looking for the deal it's with AirTran and my week was Monday the 21st thru the 29th. So I booked it now all I need is to find out where we are staying as well as a car rental. We are getting APs so no need to worry about tickets..... Hope someone else takes advantage of this deal! It's kinda of crazy going back to back. We are taking our kids on this trip and not telling anybody lol. We also have a may and september trip. Came to let out some excitement at the only place that won't judge ......DIS
FYI -- it looks like your dates are for December so I am not adding you to our January list, but thanks for the info on the flights!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhome View Post
YAY! When we asked DS12 and DS10 where they want to go on vacation next January, they insisted they want to go back to Disney! DH would have preferred somewhere else just to try something new, but he went along with it, so here we come! I booked the room only discount at All Star Music in a family suite from 1/19-1/26. I CAN'T WAIT!

This will be my 5th trip in 3 years... I am officially obsessed. Three trips with the kids and hubby, and 2 with my sis!
Awesome!! Glad your DH is going along with it, too. Our thoughts are that while the kids are young, we will enjoy WDW.

Quote:
Awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinFallsChurch View Post

With the discounts officially offered to the public today, I spent about an hour with my excel spreadsheet calculating dining costs based on our ADRs and touring plans, and using them to compare between room only and P/S/D discounts for AoA as well as other resorts. DD and DS have their hearts set on AoA Finding Nemo Suite, so decided to stick with it.

Once I included the dining costs into the total costs, the room-only would have only saved us $190, but the Play/Stay/Dining package with an upgrade to the full Disney Dining Plan (from the quick service plan that comes with value resorts) will save us $500 from our originial pre-discount costs! So, I just booked a new ressie using the P/S/D package. Now I have to cancel the previous reservation to get my $200 deposit back. Very excited!!
Glad to hear this!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesloonybin View Post
We took advantage of the s/p/d package discount.

1/28-2/7 (1/26-1/28 will be at Universal RPR)
POFQ Standard room
2 adults and 2 disney adults (we changed my dd9's age to 10)
1 day base tickets (we already bought our tickets at UT before the price increase)
ddp
$2900

We are very excited!!
Great!!
Marshay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 10:13 PM   #718
bellaally
DIS Veteran

I actually am going December and January too. I sorry if my post sounded confusing.we will be there from the 21-29. Still don't know where we will be staying it's me24 , my DH27, ds1,ds 2.
Old 10-13-2012, 11:06 AM   #719
showers2flowers
Mouseketeer

First trip ever for me, DH, and DS (6).

Jan.4-12 at AKL (thanks to the DIS, without which I would never have known that I could change resorts and apply the new discount to move us from a mod to a deluxe!)

Now gotta go and make me a ticker...
showers2flowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:16 PM   #720
DenaRox
Mouseketeer

Talking Trip is officially booked!

Family trip, my mom, boyfriend, daughter (10) and myself. booked the family suite at ASMu with the free dining plan pin i got in an email from Disney. Arriving Jan 2, departing Jan 13. Debating booking an airport hotel and flying in on the first to avoid losing a whole day but not sure really of the logistics of our luggage/ check-in time at our resort.

This will be my second time, my moms 4th time and my daughter and BF's 1st visit. So very excited!!! will send pm message to join fb private group
DenaRox is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: