Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2012, 09:03 PM   #121
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
Thank goodness this wasn't your very first trip with all that rain yall had! That totally stinks and I'm so sorry it was like that on YOUR BIRTHDAY!

Crystal Palace looked like a fun time though!
Oh I know!!! If that had been my first trip, I don't think I would have ever went back!! lol

I always love Crystal Palace! Yum!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Man that was relentless rain. I have had only a couple of days like that and it sucks.
I love the bacon story. Claire is huge on bacon too and she would do the same thing (she is 7 now too). I nfact at some places I would be happy if she ate a plate full so it would be worth her cost. She is picky too and tends not to eat much at character meals...probably because she is nosey too, looking at where the characters are now at.
It sure was!!! I remember things about the trip even now that I had seemed to forgotten. It did that pretty much all day long!!!
LOL, that is my sister still! She is so picky! She will not eat anything with onions and if she even taste a hint of one...she will not eat it.
LOL, Claire sounds like me! I look for the characters!
Old 08-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #122
hlrababy
Disney Princess ~Tinkerbell, sprinkle me with your pixie dust~ That castle is mine!!

Oops, I almost forgot! Here are the few pictures my mom took on our MK day!

And this one just cracks me up! This was after we got back to the room. Which, was very early!!! I think we were back in the room by 4 pm that day!

I am a very expressive person and I think you can tell by the look on my face how the day went! lol

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2012, 09:49 PM   #123
lauren_elizabeth
Disney World Lover

The first and last picture are my favorites!

Your niece's face with Sleeping Beauty is priceless. I was seriously cracking up when I scrolled down and saw it.

Even when you've been rained on all day long, you still manage to look gorgeous!

Old 08-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #124
MeMom
DIS Veteran

Drew would have been at home with that plate of bacon. That kid can eat a whole pound by himself, I do believe! Crystal Palace breakfast is a favorite for us.

So nice that the cast member was interacting with the kids. I am sure that was even more appreciated than normal what with the rain putting a damper on people's spirits. The girls don't look like the rain is upsetting them much, though. They seem to be plenty happy getting some Princess time in.
Mingos in da Watah! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2758143
Geen Yight: She's Out of Sight! http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2677011
My Name is NOT Broccoli www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2611094
From Pop to the Top www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2495977
Mother, May I? Yes, You May www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2448482
Ringing in 2010 www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2356794
Brooklynn Takes Bella to Meet Cinderella www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2209387
A Two Short, Too Different Spring Break Trip www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2122295
Over the river and through the FUN! http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post29060069
A Ten Day Ride on a Magic Camel www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1869591
Baby and the Tramp...and a Pop Half Century www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1470678

We've stayed at Pop Century, All Star Sports, All Star Movies, All Star Music, French Quarter, Wilderness Lodge, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Art of Animation, Beach Club, Vero Beach, Kidani Village and Saratoga Springs - many trips, and many wonderful, magical memories made.
Old 08-05-2012, 10:12 PM   #125
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauren_elizabeth View Post
The first and last picture are my favorites!

Your niece's face with Sleeping Beauty is priceless. I was seriously cracking up when I scrolled down and saw it.

Even when you've been rained on all day long, you still manage to look gorgeous!
LOL..they are pretty funny!

Oh my gosh, I could not stop laughing at her! There is one picture where she had her ankle holding it and she just stood there making this goofy face and I had to walk over to her and tell her to put her leg down and be serious. She looked at me and said, "Well, that man taking my picture is making faces at me!" lol

Haha...well I had to slick back my hair. This is the very first trip I have ever had to pull my hair up! haha But, thank you sweet girl!
Old 08-14-2012, 01:46 PM   #126
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeMom View Post
Drew would have been at home with that plate of bacon. That kid can eat a whole pound by himself, I do believe! Crystal Palace breakfast is a favorite for us.

So nice that the cast member was interacting with the kids. I am sure that was even more appreciated than normal what with the rain putting a damper on people's spirits. The girls don't look like the rain is upsetting them much, though. They seem to be plenty happy getting some Princess time in.
Hollie is also a fan of the bacon. I remember she looked at my sister and said, "Uh, Aunt KK...aren't you going to share with me?" haha

Oh, they had a ball with him! When we were leaving Hollie actually said she wanted to go and tell him goodbye. They did pretty good with all the rain. We actually ended up buying both of them some new Disney flip flops and several shirts as the day progressed because they just stayed soaking wet
Old 08-14-2012, 01:49 PM   #127
hlrababy

I forgot to add these pictures. This picture right here is coming back from meeting the Princesses. We wanted everyone back home to see all the rain

Completely forgot a story from this day! Right before we went to see the Princesses and Mickey and Minnie...my mom was outside with the girls while I was in the store looking for a hat. This guy looks down at the girls and says, "Uh, you can see her underware!" Really????? Of course, Hollie is long-legged and she wasn't sitting the best but she is also not thinking about that at the moment. She is thinking, "OH MY GOSH!!!! I am at Disney!! This is awesome!!!" So, my mom looks over and him and says, "Well, I really don't think you need to be looking, do you?" And he walked away mad. Now, had I been there....it would NOT have been that nice. I tend to take after my dad on those type of things. My sister was telling me about it when we were walking and after she told me, she says, "I am so glad you weren't out there because I know you would have said something to him." You are darn skippy I would have!!!!!!! I was fired up about it and it had happened when I wasn't there. I don't think I have ever said anything to anyone else about their kids to them. Never! I am just glad for that man's life that I wasn't out there. He would have been left red-faced in the street and I would have made sure to make him feel like the pervert he is!

Look how wet the girls are!

My precious girl on the teacups

This one was actually taken right before we left our room that morning

Can you say soaking wet!! lol

I will have my next update very soon!

Last edited by hlrababy; 08-14-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 09:06 PM   #129
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I can see you letting loose on him!
I am so glad I wasn't outside at the time it happened because I would have. That is just unreal to me! For some adult to actually look over and say that to a child and whoever the child is with. People just amaze me!
Old 08-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #130
Lovemy3babes
Is always in need to get herself and her children back to our "Happy Place"!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hlrababy View Post
Completely forgot a story from this day! Right before we went to see the Princesses and Mickey and Minnie...my mom was outside with the girls while I was in the store looking for a hat. This guy looks down at the girls and says, "Uh, you can see her underware!" Really????? Of course, Hollie is long-legged and she wasn't sitting the best but she is also not thinking about that at the moment. She is thinking, "OH MY GOSH!!!! I am at Disney!! This is awesome!!!" So, my mom looks over and him and says, "Well, I really don't think you need to be looking, do you?" And he walked away mad. Now, had I been there....it would NOT have been that nice. I tend to take after my dad on those type of things. My sister was telling me about it when we were walking and after she told me, she says, "I am so glad you weren't out there because I know you would have said something to him." You are darn skippy I would have!!!!!!! I was fired up about it and it had happened when I wasn't there. I don't think I have ever said anything to anyone else about their kids to them. Never! I am just glad for that man's life that I wasn't out there. He would have been left red-faced in the street and I would have made sure to make him feel like the pervert he is!
How bizarre!

Just me and my girl…a very special 13th Birthday trip!
(updated 2/20/14)
Old 08-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #131
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3babes View Post
How bizarre!
It was very bizarre and very creepy!
Old 08-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #132
princess_momma
DIS Veteran

I'm all caught up now!! So excited!! You are so beautiful, and your daughter takes after you!! Goodness, I can see how all that rain put a damper on things!! It's only supposed to rain for like 5 minutes at Disney and then be just sunshine!! But hey, at least you are in Disney!

I love the bacon plate story. We are HUGE bacon fans in my family. LOL your story reminds me of this guy I used to date...whenever we would go out for brunch, he would order a "bacon appetizer" because he just couldn't wait for the bacon that came with the rest of the food he ordered. And then one time I was at Tusker House, where they have food "pods" instead of the line setup. Well, I was at the meat pod finally and this kid cut in front of me chanting "Bacon! Bacon! Bacon!" over and over. I wasn't even mad it was so funny to me. Oh people and their bacon!

Can't wait for more!
Life Is Way Too Short to Take It Slow - Oct 2013 TR

Old 08-25-2012, 08:46 PM   #133
heatherlekay
Earning My Ears

I'm reading along! Loving it so far

CBR Dec 2009
HRH Dec 2010
Old 08-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #134
hlrababy

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess_momma View Post
I'm all caught up now!! So excited!! You are so beautiful, and your daughter takes after you!! Goodness, I can see how all that rain put a damper on things!! It's only supposed to rain for like 5 minutes at Disney and then be just sunshine!! But hey, at least you are in Disney!

I love the bacon plate story. We are HUGE bacon fans in my family. LOL your story reminds me of this guy I used to date...whenever we would go out for brunch, he would order a "bacon appetizer" because he just couldn't wait for the bacon that came with the rest of the food he ordered. And then one time I was at Tusker House, where they have food "pods" instead of the line setup. Well, I was at the meat pod finally and this kid cut in front of me chanting "Bacon! Bacon! Bacon!" over and over. I wasn't even mad it was so funny to me. Oh people and their bacon!

Can't wait for more!
Aw, thank you so much!! That is very sweet of you!
LOL...that is too funny!!! I think I would have passed out with the kid yelling, "Bacon! Bacon! Bacon!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherlekay View Post
I'm reading along! Loving it so far
Aw, thank you so much!! I am glad your here!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:41 AM   #135
hlrababy

So this morning was our DHS morning. Would we be waking up to a rainy, dreary day?? The answer to your question is……….YES!!!!!! We had actually hung up our ponchos to dry the night before because we would certainly need them today. We got up and everyone got ready. We were at the bus stop pretty early this morning. When we got to DHS, it was a madhouse! The line for bag check was so long. One reason is because it was pouring rain!!!! Everyone was trying to get up under the little area where they check your bags. Thank goodness we had our umbrella’s as well.

A wet Bo

A wet look at Mickey’s hat!

We first headed towards TSM. I knew we needed to get there and get our fast pass. Now, let me remind you. This was the first time I had been back to DHS since 2007. So I was looking forward to TSM. My mom, the girls, and my sister stayed under the hat while I got our FP. I met them and we decided to go ahead and ride The Great Movie Ride which is one of my favorites!! I just love the scene at the end! I literally get cold chills thinking about it!!
Here we are in line:

Let’s take a little ride, shall we…..

Coming up on my favorite scene

Afterwards, it was nearing our time for our lunch ADR. I know it seems like we just got here, but we actually spent a good amount of time up front when we got here. The rain was pouring!!! We got our stroller and basically stayed up front a little bit to let the rain die down. Plus, I had made ADR’s for 11 at Sci-Fi. That is the one place my mom requested to go. The last time she ate there, was in 1994 when we went on the trip with my grandmom, Aunt, and my little cousin. So, we took our time getting over to Sci-Fi. I went in and checked us in. We actually waited about 20 minutes before we were seated.

A very excited Hollie who thought this place was really cool! She remembered it from our trip here in 2007.

I thought I had taken more pictures inside. I know my mom did. She and I love this place!! After lunch, we headed towards Muppet Vision 3D

I love these guys!

Continued in next post

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: